- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Annapolis, MD
- Hull Material:
- Last Listed Price:
- US$ 199,000
VAMOOSE is a Fox Island 42 is built on a rugged go anywhere commercial hull and finished as a proper yacht. Master Cabin with island queen and guest cabin with bunks. Galley-Up
Some of the highlights include:
- Two Staterooms - Island Queen and Bunks
- Huge open bright Salon with Galley-Up
- Single 370 hp Yanmar Diesel with low hours.
- Both BOW & STERN THRUSTERS
- Extended hardtop over cockpit
- Reverse cycle air and heat
- Auxiliary 240 volt Heat (used during freezing conditions)
- Fresh Awlgrip Paint from the waterline up. This boat shines!
- Recently professionally detailed inside and out!
We are always looking for new listings. Please contact me by text, phone or email if you are considering buying or selling a boat.
Contact Central/Exclusive agent Mark Ferrier, (mobile) 410-980-5364, (toll free) 888-999-1611 or direct e-mail Mark@WalczakYacht.com.
Click here to view our constantly updated website.
Please contact Mark Ferrier at 410-980-5364
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Fox Island
Designer: Magna Marine
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Semi-Displacement
LOA: 42 ft 0 in
Beam: 13 ft 10 in
Minimum Draft: 3 ft 10 in
Displacement: 20000 lbs
Total Power: 370 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 6LYA-STP
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 486
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 370 HP
Cruising Speed: 14 knots @ 2800 RPM
Maximum Speed: 16 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (100 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 2 Aluminum (177 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (30 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 1
Number of twin berths: 2
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
Electrical Circuit: 12V
Boarding VaMoose is both safe and easy. From a dinghy or floating dock just step onto the swim platform then through the transom door into the huge cockpit. From a low dock it's an easy step onto the gunwales, grabbing the full length hand rail then molded in steps into the cockpit, or from the bow on higher docks. While there are hand rails everywhere, the side decks are wide with a high rails allowing 360 degrees safe passage with free hands.
All the decks are knee friendly non-skid in a contrasting bristol beige finish. Two large cockpit hatches access storage compartments and rudder/steering gear. Under gunwale lockers provide addition area to stow gear. A cockpit helm features engine controls, wheel, both bow and stern thruster controls as well as a remote VHF radio. An extended hardtop was added for sun and weather protection but designed to still allow unobstructed fishing. A wide door leads to the salon.
A small step up from the cockpit leads into the salon. The cabinetry is a light colored birch with tasteful tan textured fabrics. Overhead hand grabs run the length or the salon. The sole is teak and holly. Side window slide open and a large overhead deck hatch provides natural ventilation.
A large U- shaped raised, dinette that converts to a sleeping berth is to port. Being raised allows a great unobstructed view of your surroundings and also provides deep storage lockers underneath in addition to the typical under bench storage.
The U-shaped galley is to starboard and features deep top loading refrigeration, one piece epoxy counters with molded in double deep sink and stove with cooktop. A microwave/convection oven is cleverly located just forward.
The helm is forward and starboard with a single high backed pedestal seat. Because this area is a half step up and a high helm seat, visibility is perfect even with bow rise underway. Companions/navigators are seated on a bench seat to port with their own chart table and matching plotter.
Four steps down finds a hanging locker to port and the previously mentioned convection/microwave. The two guest bunks are to port as well, with curtains for privacy. The full head with stall shower is starboard. The counter is epoxy with molded-in sink.
The master cabin is forward with a large island berth numerous hanging lockers and cabinets, in addition to under bed storage areas. Three large opening deck hatches provides ventilation and exit points of all three cabins below.
Mechanical and Electrical
Cavernous engine room is accessed from hatch just inside salon. Battery switches are visible and easily reached. A thick tubed aluminum ladder not only helps with the step but also helps protect from moving parts. 360 degree access to the continuous duty power plant.
- Single Yanmar 370 hp diesel marine Diesel 6LPA-STP
- ZF marine transmission
- Marine Air Systems reverse cycle air conditioning (two zones)
- Electric auxiliary heat throughout- 240 volt (fitted for more extreme cold weather comfort)
- Water heater - marine stainless steel with engine heat exchanger.
- Aluminum ladder and guards around moving engine parts
- Twin Racor water fuel separators
- Fuel polishing system with dedicated Racor filter.
- Xantrex Freedom Mairne 25 - 2500 watts, 130 amp charger/inverter
- 3 banks of batteries secured in Blue Sea System boxes
- Fire boy automatic engine room fire suppression system
- DC fresh water domestic pump with pressure tank
- Raw water wash down pump
- Dripless shaft seal
- Commercial hydraulic power steering system
- High output alternator in addition to Yanmar alternator.
- Two 30 amp shore service connections with cords
17 knots 3150 rpms
16 knots. 3000 rpms
15 knots 2800 rpms
13.7 kts 2700 rpms
12 knots 2500 rpms
8.2 knots 1600 rpms
7.1 knots 1400 rpms
6.4 knots. 1200 rpms
Fuel Burn reported by owner:
7.5 GPH at 9.5 knots
12.6 GPH at 13.5 kts
Helm and Navigation
Helm and Navigation:
- Twin Plotters- GPSmap 4210 Garmin (one at helm and other at port companion nav station)
- Color Radar - Raymarine RL70C
- Auto Pilot - SIMRAD AP 28 with wired remote (R3000X)
- Xantrex inverter/charger
- Icom marine VHF IC-M602
- Spotlight remote keypad
- Anchor remote switch
- Wiper controls (x3)
- Ritchie PowerDamp compass
- Morse cable engine controls
- Yanmar ignition and engine gauge modular panel. Featuring gauges, warning lights and buzzers.
- Commercial hydraulic power steering
- Bow and stern thruster controls
- Bennett trim tab controls
- Fuel and water gauges
- Remote vacuum gauges for both engine and polishing Racor filters.
- Fuel polisher remote timer
- AC/DC breaker panel
Deck and Hull
- Full aluminum pulpit and deck rails
- Stainless deck cleats
- Anchorlift high speed windlass with deck switches and helm remote
- Twin bow anchor rollers with stainless chafe protection
- Twin deck rope lockers (keeping excess dock line off the deck while moored)
- Bombarded deck hatches
- Nonskid everywhere included on house tops
- Ontario horn
- Navigation lights
- Side sun curtains ( white Tarpoleen)
- St Croix davit hardware on transom
- Transom door
- Swim platform (supported from hull underneath
- Two rod holders
- Extended cockpit hardtop
- Folding swim ladder
- Bow thruster
- Stern thruster
- Hydraulic trim tabs
- Built in bow spray rail
- Wide flare
- White double commercial rub rail
- Loud hailer
- Bruce anchor
- Plow anchor
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Walczak Yacht Brokerage Service
435 Center Console
Annapolis, MD, United States
49 Saloon Express
Rock Hall, MD, United States
Rivanna Cockpit MY
Seaford, DE, United States
Annapolis, MD, United States
aft cabin open bridge
Stuart Boat Show, FL, United States
Annapolis, MD, United States