- View Full Specifications
Shoal Draft, 3-cabins, 2-head
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Hamble, Hampshire, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 89,950 Tax Paid (US$ 108,327)
Launched in 2004 and still in her original private ownership, WHISTLER benefits from a very useful shoal-draft keel and a classic and hugely versatile 3-cabin two heads layout, complete with full-sized forward-facing chart table and u-shaped galley. She has also benefitted from plenty of recent expenditure including: -
- New engine start and service batteries 2013
- New alternator 2013
- Sails serviced 2014
- Covers serviced 2014
- Antifouled and hull/superstructure polish March 2015
- New TV/DVD player 2011
- Sail drive gasket replaced 2014
- New propeller 2012
- New Genoa Sheets 2014
"Absolutely brilliant!... Attention to detail... A joy on all point of sailing ... Beautiful and in good taste" have been the headlines in the sailing magazines reviews since the first trials of the Dufour 44.
While celebrating their 40th year of business in 2003, France's Dufour Yachts has introduced a new line of boats that have taken the middle ground in parent company Cantiere del Pardo's lineup: the Dufour line fits between the cruising oriented Gib'sea, and the high-end racing models of its Grand Soleil line. The new Dufour 44 is designed by Umberto Felci and reflects that design house's vast experience in both fast passage-making boats and all-out racers. The new Dufour 44 features modern design concepts: a plumb bow, fine entry and long waterline length, with a generous beam extended towards the stern. She is designed for easy single- or short-handed sailing, with the mainsail track on the cockpit sole at the foot of the steering column and well-placed genoa winches. Visibility and movement around the decks are enhanced by the wide side decks and recessed chainplates. The vacuum-bagged construction of the hull in a PVC foam/fibreglass/Twaron (Kevlar) sandwich guarantees absolute rigidity and weight optimisation for unequalled strength. The laminated stringer system reinforced with Twaron (Kevlar) fibre ensures a spread of the load throughout the entire structure. Below decks, in addition to ample windows, the choice of moabi, a pale mahogany, for the interior woodwork helps keep the impression of light and warmth. Owner input was important to Dufour, and with 40 years of build experience that have had a large pool to draw upon. Practicality is evident in the large chart table, accessible electrical panel, and the overall ergonomics of the navigator's area: instruments facing the navigator, a bookcase and large storage area both within easy reach. The galley is L-shaped and very seaworthy, with large closed-in shelves with ventilation slats and detachable fiddles for cleaning, sliding vegetable drawers built in to the galley furniture, and large lockers. In the saloon, the cutlery drawer and bottle stowage are built into the table, there are closed lockers with ventilation slats, large lateral shelves and well-positioned handrails everywhere.
- The boat is CE certified for category A (unlimited ocean voyages).
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- White GRP Hull, deck & superstructure with Twaron (Kevlar) reinforcement
- Teak-laid decks
- Teak-laid cockpit sole & seating
- Teak toerail capping
- Topsides professionally polished and hull antifouled – March 2015
Keel & Rudder:
- Iron fin keel – shoal draft
- Spade rudder
Engine & gearbox:
- Volvo Penta D2-55 4-cylinder diesel engine producing 55hp
- Fresh & sea water cooled via heat exchanger
- Single lever morse control at in cockpit
- Saildrive gearbox – diaphragm replaced 2014
- 7-knots cruising, 8 knots maximum
Propulsion & Steering:
- Steering system uses stainless steel cables driven by sprockets in the steering consoles
- Helm pedestal with large diameter stainless steel, hide-covered helm wheel
- Emergency steering.
- 2-bladed fixed-pitch propeller - 2012
- 12vDC domestic system with 220vAC via shore-power
- 1x 12v DC 100Ah engine start battery – 2013
- 2x 12v DC 135Ah service batteries joined in parallel to supply 270Ah @ 12v - 2013
- Automatic battery charger
- 1 x 12vDC engine-mounted alternator – 2013
- Shore-power supply
- 220vAC sockets and 12v sockets
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
- High-pressure 12vDC pump
- Hot water heater connected to engine heat exchanger and 220V electrical system
- Cockpit shower
- Electric bilge pumps.
- Manual bilge pump.
- Total capacity of 250 litres in 1x tank
- Total capacity of 430 litres in 2x tanks
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- 2 x Raymarine ST60 Tri-data (Log/Speed/Depth)
- 2 x Raymarine ST60 Windspeed & direction
- Raymarine SL70 CRC GPS/Plotter at chart tbale
- Raymarine ST6001 Smart autopilot
- Raymarine ST60 Multifunction at chart table
- Furuno GPS at chart table
- Pedestal mounted steering compass
- Simrad RD68 DSS VHF at chart table
- Twin stainless steel sinks with hot & cold fresh water supply
- Manual water supply to galley via footpump
- ENO 4 burner gas stove with oven and grill
- Large-capacity 12vDC top-opening refrigerator
- Bosch microwave oven.
- Jabsco Marine heads
- Shower in each heads
- New LED lighting 2012
- 12v Akura TV/DVD with remote (can run off batteries) - 2011
- Kenwood radio & CD player
Summary of Accommodation:
- Sleeps 8 in 3-double cabins plus two further settee berths in saloon.
- The owner’s cabin forward has a large centreline double berth, seating to port and starboard, hanging lockers and storage.
- En-suite access to the owners heads containing marine toilet, hand-basin, mirror and shower area.
- The large and spacious saloon has 'U' shaped seating around a drop-leaf table (one occasional single berth) with more seating/ sea berth to starboard.
- The 'U' shaped galley aft to port features plenty of work surfaces and storage, four-burner gas cooker with oven and grill, top-loading fridge, double stainless steel sink and a microwave.
- Forward facing chart table aft to starboard.
- Guest (day) heads to starboard has marine toilet, hand-basin, mirror and shower.
- Twin aft guest cabins each have a large double berth, hanging locker and storage.
- Moabi (pale mahogany) joinery throughout
- Teak and holly sole
- White laminate counter tops
- Exposed hull sides finished in teak or in white vinyl
- Royal blue upholstery in saloon
- Cream upholstery in accommodation cabins
- Cream cloth curtains
- 6' 3" + headroom in saloon
- Fractional 9/10 sloop rig.
- Anodised aluminium keel-stepped mast
- Double swept back spreaders
- Stainless steel standing rigging
- Terylene running rigging with new spinnaker halyard 2015
- Genoa sheets replaced - 2015
- Slab reefing mainsail with stack-pack & lazyjacks
- Furling headsail gear
- Rigid boom vang
- Adjustable backstay
- Cruising chute gear
- All control lines lead aft to cockpit
- 2 x Harken 53 2-speed self-tailing Genoa sheet winches
- 2 x Harken 48 2-speed self-tailing halyard winches (upgraded over standard sizes)
- Dacron battened mainsail
- Dacron furling genoa
- Cruising chute with snuffer
- Sails laundered - 2014
- Stainless pulpit and pushpit.
- Mid ship boarding gates.
- Bow, stern and mid ship cleats.
- Outboard bracket on pushpit
- Stainless steel swimming ladder at bathing platform
Anchoring & Mooring:
- Quick 12vDC electric anchor windlass
- Plough anchor with chain
- Double bow roller
- Warps, fenders and boathook
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
- Blue canvas stackpack
- Blue canvas sprayhood with stainless steel frame
- Blue canvas cockpit cover – 2013
- Blue canvas wheel cover
- All covers cleaned and serviced - 2014
- Deck flood/steaming light
- New Triclour light 2015
- Firdell Blipper radar reflector
- 2 x Horseshoe lifebuoys
- Harness points in cockpit
Lying: Hamble – Hampshire UK.
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Tel: +44 (0)1590 673715 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Alex Grabau at +44(0)1590 673715
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Dufour Yachts
Designer: Umberto Felci
Flag of Registry: United Kingdom
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 13.67 m
Beam: 4.25 m
LWL: 11.82 m
Minimum Draft: 1.75 m
Maximum Draft: 1.75 m
Displacement: 10285 kgs
Ballast: 3440 kgs
Total Power: 55 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo
Year Built: 2004
Engine Model: D2-55
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 2 blade propeller
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Power: 55 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (430 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (250 Liters)
Number of single berths: 2
Number of double berths: 3
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
Number of bathrooms: 2
Wind speed and direction
Electric bilge pump
Manual bilge pump
Shore power inlet
Electrical Circuit: 12V
Outboard engine brackets
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.
Other Boats from Grabau International
410 Grand Large
La Spezia, Italy
Unknown, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Unknown, Hampshire, United Kingdom