- View Full Specifications
A well know trailer sailor
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Woolverstone, Ipswich, Suffolk, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 19,995 Tax Paid (US$ 24,364)
Boats for sale UK. Used Cornish Shrimper 19 lifting keel trailer sailer for sail. This Shrimper by Cornish Crabber as benefited from a regular maintenance and upgrade program, from here recent upgrade of chart plotter to the fitting of shore power and comes complete with the pictured trailer. Much loved this fine little yacht is being offered as the owner would like to upgrade.
Boat Sales, Servicing, Accessories, Repairs and Boat Management.” The One Stop Shop for ALL Your Boating Needs.”
call us on +44 (0)1473 780286
Please contact Ian Brockwell at 01473 780286
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 22 ft 6 in
Beam: 7 ft 2 in
LWL: 17 ft 7 in
Length on Deck: 19 ft 3 in
Minimum Draft: 1 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 0 in
Displacement: 1070 kgs
Ballast: 319 kgs
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 1 GM
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 2 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Fuel Tanks: 1
Number of single berths: 2
Number of cabins: 1
- See pictures for main plan layout
- Locker in bow
- Gimballed single burner cooker
- Water from hand pumped container
- Port and starboard settee berths.
- Saloon table
- Shore power with 13amp sockets
- Chart plotter: 2014 - 7" Raymarine upgrade with low flush arial
- VHF pictured
- Tiller pilot Raymarine 2014/15
- Depth sounder
Rigging & Sails
- Gaff rig
- Wooden spars
- Tan sails
- New batteries 2014/15
- Shore power 2014/15
- 13amp sockets fitted
What is the difference between a MkI and a MkII?
- Not a great deal. The MkIIs, introduced in 1995, have a slightly higher cabin roof (good for those over 6ft tall), a cabin escape hatch for'ard and a smaller, but self draining, cockpit. There is no void under the duckboards to stow an inflatable.
Breakback or Combi trailer?
- The breakback trailer (which hinges in the middle) can be easier for launching (depending on the steepness of the slipway) and is lighter overall. The combi, which has a launching trolley which sits on the road trailer, enables you to launch the boat without immersing the road trailer in salt water. The combi trailer has a higher centre of gravity when towing.
|Length over deck||19’3”||5.867m|
|Length of waterline||17’7″||5.334m|
|Draught||1’6” – 4’0”||0.457m – 1.219m|
|Approx towing weight||3300lb||1500kg|
Shrimper 19 standard sail away specification
Hull Construction: Hand laid solid GRP hull with no foam core. Integral centerplate case laminated as part of the complete hull structure. Internal bunk and
forepeak moulding bonded into hull with internal structural bulkheads bonded to both hull and deck mouldings.The hull and deck joint is by way of an overlap or ‘Biscuit Tin Lid’ with GRP bonding.
- The rudder is transom hung on two stainless steel hangings bolted through the transom with Hardwood backing pads. The rudder is constructed from laminated plywood with a stainless steel lifting drop plate.
- Engine beds are incorporated in the GRP bunk moulding with mild steel mounts bonded into the bed design which incorporates an oil drip tray.
- Ballast is by way of iron punchings encapsulated in resin inside the hull keel moulding. A galvanised steel centerplate forms part of the ballast with a stainless steel lifting wire leading to a winch lifting system operated from the cockpit.
- A single boot top moulded in gel coat located above antifouling level. Colour in contrast to main hull and normally matching the deck.
- Hand laid GRP with Balsa core in way of horizontal load areas. Hard wood pads under deck fittings and stress points.
- Cockpit locker lids are hand laid with Balsa core. There is integrated non slip on horizontal surfaces with an optional two tone colour. A cockpit drain is located in the center of the main foot well with additional drainage from the seats. A central watertight locker offers general storage or houses the diesel engine when fitted.
- Bespoke deck fittings including bowsprit, tabernacle and chain plates are made from stainless steel. 4 aluminium deck cleats are positioned aft & amidships with two fairleads feeding a teak Sampson post forward. All sail controls are led aft to rope clutches / jammers with a single halyard winch to starboard. Adjustable jib & mainsheet cars. Access below is via a teak lined sliding companionway hatch and split plywood / Perspex washboards.Extra ventilation provided by an aluminium forward hatch.
- 2 aluminium fixed ports are fitted one each in the hull topsides.
- Chain plates are in stainless steel and through bolted on the hull sides.
- Ventilation is via a washboard vent and opening forward hatch.
- Fuel filler &tank vent. Life harness attachment point by the companionway, Rope tidies for halyards.
- Two main watertight lockers with latches and padlocks are provided. A padlock is also provided for the companionway hatch.
- Laminated in Sitka Spruce and treated with Sikkens Cetol including a stainless steel mast band to take Cap shrouds, jib and mainsail halyards. All deck mounted on a substantial stainless steel tabernacle.
- Laminated in Sitka Spruce and treated with Sikkens Cetol including a Stainless steel gooseneck fitting, kicker and mainsheet bands and all associated reefing line leads / terminals.
- Laminated in Sitka Spruce and treated with Sikkens Cetol including a Stainless steel pivot fitting, end plate and bobstay take off points.
- Laminated in Sitka Spruce and treated with Sikkens Cetol including a Stainless steel gaff collar with rubber protection on bearing surface. Wire hoist span and block.
- Cap shrouds, lower shrouds & forestay in 4mm 1 x 19 stainless steel wire with swagged ends. Chromed rigging screws. Jib mounted on reefing spar and controls led aft to cockpit.
- Main throat / peak halyards – 6mm braid. Jib &Staysail halyards – 6mm braid. Main topping lift – 6mm braid. Mainsail reefing lines – 6mm braid. Mainsail outhaul – 6mm braid. Mainsheet & Jib sheets – 10mm sheet rope. All associated blocks for purchase tackles.
- Dacron in tan . 2 reef points with tie in lacing. Luff and gaff lacing as required.
- Dacron in tan with wire luff and tell tails.
- In maroon, acrylic. Fixings to allow for topping lift and mainsheet take off. All sails supplied with, sail numbers, logo and ties.
- Stern Gear: A 1” stainless steel shaft is fitted, connected to the engine via a coupling and fitted with a Tides Marine ‘lip seal’ gland. The shaft drives a fixed
- Yanmar 1GM10 9hp marine diesel engine.
- A 55 amp (12V) alternator is fitted to the engine.
- Engine Instruments and Controls:
- The engine instruments are located at the rear of the cockpit coaming and are recessed with a clear cover. Instruments include audible alarm, alternator warning light, start switch and stop control. A single lever engine control is supplied and fitted in the cockpit well.
- Engine Cooling: The engine is directly salt water cooled. A 1/2″ diameter pipe leads from the main seawater inlet through a strainer to the engine and
discharges overboard through the exhaust.
- Engine Exhaust: A flexible exhaust hose connects the exhaust via a swan neck with water trap to the outlet fitting through the transom.
- Fuel System: A plastic diesel tank with a capacity of approximately 18 litres, breather and integrated fuel gauge. The tank is fitted with flow and return
lines, the flow line having a manual shut off valve.
- Outlet Fittings: Engine: In through a single skin fitting with a valve and strainer, out via the exhaust system.
- Bilge System: 1 x Manual bilge pump operated from the cockpit with a handle stored in the aft locker.
- Fresh Water Tanks: 10ltr plastic jerry cans with manual hand pump. Also a bucket / sink.Inlet /
- Gas System: There is a single burner hob cooker attached to a gas bottle.
- 12 volt DC system Batteries: Engine – two 12 volt 55 amp/hour.
Charging: Via main engine – a 35 amp (at 12 volt) alternator.
- Switchboard: An optional switch panel is fitted to boats that have additional electronics fitted.
Miscellaneous Standard Equipment
- Deck: 1 x winch handle. 1 x bilge pump handle. Stowed in aft cockpit locker. 1 x fire extinguisher – situated down below.
- The interior joinery is constructed from high quality materials and in accordance with good yacht practice. Bulkheads and side back linings are from plywood.
Finish: All cabin woodwork is finished in a mix of painted bulkheads and varnished trim.
- Rubber textured sole throughout.
Upholstery: soft upholstery
The Cornish Shrimper 19 is our most popular model with classic styling that appeals to sailors from any generation and a build quality that has led to her reputation as the best British production Gaffer of all time. We have built over 1100 Cornish Shrimpers since 1979 with the original boats still being sailed all over the world.
Unusually for a boat of this size the standard outboard engine version can be upgraded to take a Yanmar 9hp inboard Diesel. This sets her apart from the other trailer sailors on the market.
The self-draining cockpit is roomy compared to other boats of her size and the companionway leads down to either a classic 2 berth arrangement or modern 4 berth layout with space for a sea toilet if required.
A shallow 1’ 6” draught and lifting keel allow for sailing to tranquil coves & creeks taking the ground around a tide with ease. Launch and retrieval is done without difficulty from a single axle trailer with the pivoting bowsprit arrangement making mast lifting safe and easy.
Every boat is built to order with exterior colours and interior layout finished to your liking. Top quality deck fittings, sails and boom cover come as standard.
- Serviced and winterised annually
- will be serviced January 2016
- Will come with her mast down transport and storage cover
Precious Marine offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Some websites that link to us may not drag the full information across please feel free to click the link and ask for the full inventory.
Boat Model Review
Other Boats from Precious Marine
Woolverstone, Ipswich, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Bradwell Marina, Essex, United Kingdom
Ipswich, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Nr Ipswich, Suffolk, United Kingdom