2004 Clipper Clipper 68
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Hampshire, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 195,000 Tax Not Paid (US$ 262,724)
PRICE JUST REDUCED £250,000 to £195,000
This Dubois design is a powerful and capable sail training yacht as is well proven over around 250,000 nautical miles that she has sailed with Clipper Ventures.
She may be recoded for her new owner at MCA Category 0 provided that the coding survey is carried out by IIMS.
It should also be noted that much of the safety equipment is hired and is not included in the sale.
Please contact Alan Barton at +353 (0) 87 228 7471
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 20 ft 10 in
Beam: 5 ft 9 in
LWL: 17 ft 5 in
Maximum Draft: 3 ft 0 in
Displacement: 31200 kgs
Engine Brand: Perkins
Year Built: 2004
Engine Model: M130C
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Cruising Speed: 8 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (790 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: (1580 Liters)
Holding Tanks: (567 Liters)
Number of single berths: 20
Number of cabins: 4
Number of heads: 2
Number of bathrooms: 2
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Gross Tonnage: 46.60 tons.
- Foam-cored GRP construction.
- Non-slip deck covering.
Keel & Rudder:
- Cast iron and lead keel with bulb.
- Balanced rudder hung on partial skeg.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Perkins M130C diesel engine.
- Fresh water cooled.
- Shaft drive.
- ZF gearbox.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Cruising Speed: 8 knots.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Gori folding 3-bladed propeller; 45mm shaft.
- Edson single wheel with cable to quadrant; stainless steel stock extension that incorporates an emergency tiller extension and uses lines to sheet winches.
- 24v domestic electrical system.
- 24v engine electrical system.
- 2v instrument system running from voltage reducer powered by 24v domestic system – except plotter and radar which are 24v.
- 12v emergency battery to power communications system in event of 24v system/voltage reducer failure.
- 12v generator start system.
- 240v shore power/generator system supplying sockets outlets, battery chargers and water heater.
- 240v inverter system drawing from domestic battery bank and supplying 240v socket outlets and PC monitors where fitted.
- 4 x Domestic 200Ah AGM 12v batteries, rigged in parallel as 24v.
- 2 x Engine start batteries.
- 1 x Generator start battery.
- 1 x Emergency battery.
- Victron 12 volt charger charging emergency communications battery.
- Victron Skylla 24v 100A battery charger charging domestic battery bank.
- Generator alternator, charging generator start battery only.
- Main engine alternator, charging main engine start batteries.
- Additional 110amp main engine alternator, charging domestic battery bank.
- Onan MDKUB 5.5kW generator.
- Shore power supplying 240v socket outlets, battery charger to 24v domestic battery bank, battery charger to 12v emergency communications battery, and water heater.
- Victron Phoenix 24/1600 inverter.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Fresh water system providing water to faucets by means of both electrical and manual pumps.
- Electric water heater powered by shore power and generator.
- Salt water taps to galley sink and heads basin.
- Spectra watermaker (possibly incomplete or unserviceable).
- 3 x Electric bilge pumps (mast base, engine compartment and lazarette) controlled by float switches and selectable between ‘off’, ‘auto’ and ‘on’ via nav. station mounted switches.
- Engine driven salvage pump which can be selected to draw from forward bilge, engine bilge or aft bilge, and pump either overboard or to a fire hydrant. This pump can also draw seawater and pump it to the fire hydrant for firefighting purposes.
- Roving manually operated bilge pump.
- 2 x 340 L
- 2 x 400 L
- 1 x 100 L (day)
Fresh water tanks:
- 2 x 195 L
- 2 x 200 L
Grey water holding tanks:
- 1 x 195 L
- 1 x 130 L
Black water holding tanks:
- 1 x 130 L
- 1 x 112 L
- Thrane & Thrane Sat C (not guaranteed complete or serviceable).
- Raymarine C120 or E120 chart plotter used as radar screen.
- Raymarine ST60 or ST60+ instruments.
- Raymarine GPS. Raymarine fixed VHF/DSC.
- Icom handheld VHF.
- Echomax active radar reflector.
- Navigation PC with screen, keyboard and mouse. Clipper regard these units as consumables and their operation is not guaranteed
- Gimballed Force 10 hob/oven combination and additional Smev oven.
- Stainless steel work surfaces.
- 2 x Sets of WC facilities; 1 x with shower.
- Radio/CD player with saloon and cockpit speakers (not guaranteed working).
- Selectable red/white dome lights throughout.
- Task spot lighting to galley.
Description of layout from forwards:
Watertight collision compartment. Rope locker with hanging rails for cordage, 2 pipecot berths, ladder and hatch to foredeck, and watertight door to aft bulkhead.
Aft of this is an open area with 14 berths, comprising of 12 outboard pipecot berths and 2 centreline berths providing access from both sides and pipecots which can be removed for use as stretchers, cave lockers and under-bunk storage throughout, ladder and hatch to deck.
Watertight door to port giving access to a U-shaped dinette.
Engine space amidships under centreline seating.
Enclosed galley to starboard.
Heads to port with basin, WC and shower. Heads to starboard with basin and WC.
Nav station to starboard.
Wet hanging locker to port.
Skipper’s and mate’s cabins to starboard and port each with two berths.
Machinery space under companionway housing generator and water heater.
Lazarette accessed via deck hatches. Gas lockers on each quarter accessed by deck hatches and providing capacity for 4x13kg gas cylinders in total.
- Keel stepped cutter headed sloop rig
- Original Rig Manufacturer: Sparcraft.
- Replacement Manufacturer: Spars (Aluminium) – Atlantic Spars; Standing Rigging – Petersen Stainless.
- Standing rigging replaced July 2011.
- Running Rigging Manufacturer: Marlow. Replaced July 2011, and as required since.
- Air Draft: 27.6m.
- 2 x Spinnaker poles (port and starboard).
- 1 x Jockey pole.
- Harken winches.
- 2 x 980.3 – Primary winches, in association with a pedestal grinder.
- 2 x 64.2 – Running backstay winches.
- 2 x 66.2 – Staysail sheet winches.
- 1 x 66.2 – Mainsheet winch.
- 3 x 56.2 – Halyard winches.
- 1 x 44.2 – Mainsheet traveller winch.
- Other Deck Gear: Harken, Spinlock, Antal and Hercules.
- Manufacturer of Race Sails: Hyde Sails.
- Slab reefing mainsail.
- Hank-on headsails – Winseeker/Yankee 1/Yankee 2/Yankee3/Staysail.
- Symmetrical spinnakers – Heavy weight 2.2/Medium weight 1.5/Light weight 0.75.
- Storm Sails: Storm mainsail and storm jib.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Twin bow roller.
- 4 x Mooring line cleats (port and starboard/fore and aft).
- Foredeck mid-ships central foredeck cleat.
- 42kg main anchor, 30m 8mm chain, 62m 18mm warp.
- 20kg kedge anchor, 30m 10mm chain, 62m 18mm warp.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Sail cover.
Tender & Outboard:
- There is an inflatable tender of uncertain age and condition onboard.
- Currently to Cat. 2 requirements with some additional equipment relevant to Cat 0, but this is not necessarily complete or within its service schedule. Some of the safety equipment currently on board is hired and is not included in the sale.
- Fire extinguishers to coding requirements.
- Engine bay fire suppression system.
- Fire blanket to galley.
- Engine driven fire/salvage pump feeding fire hydrant in wet locker, with detachable fire hose and nozzle.