- View Full Specifications
Price just reduced
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Seattle, WA
- Hull Material:
- Last Listed Price:
- US$ 159,000
RECENT PRICE REDUCTION!
Elysium is the epitome of what a sagaciously outfitted, turnkey Catalina 42 MkII looks like. This single-owner yacht was built to the desirable 2 stateroom Pullman berth configuration, coupled with her bright and spacious interior make Elysium an ideal live aboard.
In addition to having been meticulously maintained and cared for, Elysium has also been considerably upgraded and thoughtfully outfitted to accommodate for simple living and efficient, comfortable coastal or even distance cruising.
If you are seeking a welcoming and reliable boat that covers a variety of purposes, then you should definitely see this yacht!
CALL US OR COME IN TODAY TO GET YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE STARTED!!
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 43 ft 2 in
Beam: 13 ft 10 in
LWL: 36 ft 0 in
Length on Deck: 43 ft 0 in
Minimum Draft: 6 ft 8 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 8 in
Displacement: 20500 lbs
Ballast: 8300 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 58 ft 7 in
Headroom: 6 ft 8 in
Total Power: 56 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2004
Engine Model: 4JH3
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1947
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 56 HP
Cruising Speed: 8 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (111 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (46 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 2 (52 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
Walk with me…
As you rise up from the long 6’ 8” cockpit seat, you rest your icy cold margarita on the drop-leaf cockpit table and proceed to enter through Elysium’s wide companionway. Inside, you are welcomed by an open and inviting main salon. On the port side of the main salon sets an elliptical dinette that is complimented by beautiful royal blue plush upholstery.
Located on the port side and aft of the dinette is the galley, which houses a top and side loading refrigerator/freezer. The galley conveniently features a large dry storage and drop down cabinets as well as a near walk-in style pantry stocked with efficiently designed provision lockers. A settee and the navigation station are located to the starboard side of the main salon.
Travel forward and you find the Pullman-style state room with a berth to port. The berth is nice and wide extending from centerline to the hull. To starboard are hanging lockers, a chest of drawers and a settee. Forward of the Pullman-style berth, a large head and standing shower is featured.
Aft of the main salon and to starboard you will find another head just forward of a cozy quarter-berth cabin. Located between the aft quarter-berth and the galley, the Yanmar diesel engine is readily accessible by all four sides which allows for hassle-free servicing and maintenancing.
Underway the Catalina 42’s sailing performance is very respectable. Topside, the deck was designed with single handed sailing in mind. All the halyards, the main sheet and the and the single line main reefing controls are all led aft and placed such thaty they can all be operated from under the comforts of the bimini. The deep fin keel of the later MKII design is slightly more weatherly than the earlier models wing keel and the rudder was also given a deeper, higher aspect which improved their overall handling and performance.
The high-volume hull of the 42 MkII is easily driven. She has a fine entry, a firm midships and a smooth run aft ending at her modified reverse transom. Turning attention to the step down boarding platform, she features a fold-down swim ladder and two lockers that make great seats!
The Catalina 42 is a handsome boat that offers sound performance, estimable accommodations and unarguable value for buyers looking for a cruiser or racer in this size range. The Catalina 42 is a capable and versatile cruiser with a delightful interior and a commendable sailing hull shape.
- Yanmar 4JH3 56 horsepower diesel with upgraded alternator and regulator. 1947 hours
- Unfurl your brand new headsail as you leave the dock!
- Mainsail is mast furling on a Charlston Spar
- 135% genoa on a Shaefer furler
- Asymmetrical 1.5 oz cruising spinnaker
- Loads of spare running rigging! Who doesn’t love spares, right?
- Brand new lifelines (8/2016)
- Garhauer dinghy davits (2012)
- Garhauer outboard motor hoist
- Garhauer rolling genoa leads
- Garhauer traveler
- Rigid boom vang
- Forestar Tri-reacher whisker pole
- Rocna 55lb anchor with 275’ High Test 5/16 chain
- Maxwell electric up/down push button windlass with Caspien chain and rode
- Lewmar folding wheel
- Salt water wash down system is conveniently located in the anchor locker
- Tri Lens radar reflector
- Magma Newport BBQ
- Two 5lb LBG tanks
- Cockpit cushions
- Polished in May 2014
- Bottom paint in June 2015
- Three 4D batteries are combined to one 480 amp-hour bank (4/2014)
- Separate starting battery
- Link 10 battery monitor
- Balmar ARS-5 charging regulator
- Two Kyocera 140W solar panels are mounted thoughtfully atop the bimini (2012) At the dock plug in only for hot water and watching T.V.!!
- Airbreeze wind generator (A considerate cruising amenity as wind generators are an efficient way to produce alternative energy aboard using exactly what sailors crave: wind)
- LED lighting in salon and cabins
- LED anchor light
- Raymarine E80 Chartplotter with binnacle pad
- Raymarine 2KW radar dome with Riley SS mast mount
- Raymarine 1001 autopilot type 1
- Raymarine Tridata
- Raymarine ST wind point/wind speed
- Raymarine SR100 Sirius satellite weather receiver
- Raymarine AIS 5650 Class B Transceiver (2012)
- Raymarine Seatalk High Speed Network
- Tri Lens radar reflector
- Navionics CF912P Platium West Coast Charts
- Two USB charging adapters
Spares and added equipment
- Spare anchor with 300ft of chain and 300 ft of rode. Another spare rode set up in aft locker
- Spare parts for the Spectra Cape Horn Extreme Watermaker 14+ GPH, Yanmar 4JH3 56HP. Extra running rigging by the boatload, Vacuflush parts and so much more. JUST CALL AND ASK ME FOR DETAILS
- ELYSIUM has bet outfitted with a Spectra Cape Horn Extreme Watermaker 14+ GPH (installed in 2013) for your cruising consideration!!
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.