- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Long Beach, CA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 129,000
The style of the Down East lobster boat has been closely associated with Maine's proud boat building heritage. The Back Cove 29 is a most recent example of everything that makes the Down East lobster boat a work of art. She has a traditional spoon bow and her transom is gently sloped; a style that will turn heads in any harbor she enters.
Below the surface is modern and contemporary. A deep-vee hull with prop recess and trim tabs offers comfort and performance. With the optional 315hp Yanmar she reaches a top end of 27 knots and will cruise very comfortably in the mid 20's. Around the docks, you will appreciate the maneuverability provided by her Sidepower bow thruster. The optional hardtop and generator set this boat apart from the basic or standard equipment list.
Please contact Linda McCrossan at 562-598-9433 (Bus) or 562-743-2857 (Cell) or via E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to arrange a personal showing.
Please contact Linda McCrossan at 562-598-9433
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Back Cove
LOA: 29 ft 6 in
Beam: 10 ft 5 in
Maximum Draft: 2 ft 6 in
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 6LPA-STP
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 125
Cruising Speed: 24 knots
Maximum Speed: 27 knots
Total Power: 315
Fresh Water: 30
The interior of the Back Cove 29 is spacious, airy, practical. Her finely crafted American Cherry furniture is warm inviting and a source of pride for her owners. Her cabin sole is traditional teak and holly, and varnished ash is used to line the hull sides above the settees.
The galley is complete and includes an alcohol/ electric cook top and microwave oven. A spacious Origo refrigerator is installed under the counter, and the stainless steel sink offers hot and cold pressure water. A drawer, lockers and shelves are provided for the ship's stores.
The fully enclosed head and shower are aft and to starboard, enclosed behind a gracefully curved, cherry bulkhead. The head unit has a full fiberglass liner for ease of maintenance. The toilet is fresh water flushed to eliminate head odors. A macerator pump is provided for waste disposal. Solid surface material is used on the counter top and the sink faucet extends to be used as a shower head. The head unit is ventilated to the exterior.
- Varnished Cherry interior
- Dinette with backrest cushions
- Hi-Lo table with maple inlay
- V-Berth with filler cushion
- Shelves above berth
- Cedar lined hanging locker
- Reading light in dinette/ berth area
- Ash hull ceilings
- Teak and holly laminate cabin sole
- Overhead lighting
- Storage under dinette
- Marine Air Systems Air conditioning & heat
- Jabsco Sensor-Max VSD water pump 3.7 GPM
- SHURflo waterguard filtration system
- Force 10 Electric water heater
- Whale hot & cold cockpit shower
- Clarion M335 AM/FM/ CD player
- Clarion M202RC stereo remote @ helm
- Origo OR3252 Microwave oven
- Origo 2500E electric & alcohol cooktop
Deck & Hull
The deck of the Back Cove 29 is practical, safe and easy to use. A diamond shaped anti-slip surface in a contrasting color is cast into the deck, and a molded bulwark is provided to further ensure safe footing for the crew. From the standard anchor roller and anchor locker forward to her functional swim platform with ladder aft, each part of her deck has been engineered with the experienced boat owner's needs and safety in mind, and to make each moment aboard a pleasure.
An L-shaped settee with storage under is supplied as standard. A large ice chest is provided for the space below the center of the settee. The aft cockpit is set up for fishing, or optionally, removable seats with bolsters will add to the comfort of this open and welcoming space.
On the practical side, the Back Cove 29's designers aimed to create the best engine access in this class of boat. You will be impressed with the serviceability of the engine and of the other ship's systems which are found in the engine compartment.
- Sidepower Bow Thruster
- Advanced prop pocket hull design
- Back Cove white iso-npg gelcoat
- Vinylester backup resin
- Vacuum bagged Divynicell core in running surfaces
- Multiaxial E glass reinforcement
- Awlgrip boot stripe
- Encapsulated foam stringers
- Teleflex Sea Star hydraulic steering
- Bennett Trim Tabs
- Lewmar Port Holes & Deck Hatch
- Todd Helm Seats (2)
- Back Cove Table
The Yanmar 6LPA-STP is a vertical water cooled 4-cycle diesel engine. Turbo charged six cylinder producing 315hp @ 3800 rpm. For boats, the ability to slot an engine as low down as possible, low in the vee of the hull has been critical. The straight six has thus become the configuration of choice, as the crankshaft is still not as long as to require heavy strengthening, there is more capacity advantage over a four, and a six is far narrower than a vee-eight.
Race proven performance is inherited. Power-to-weight ratio is even more startling. Endurance and fuel economy are at a level that only a diesel could achieve.
. It follows current user trends, ie the demand for more power and more speed. And because it is a diesel, smaller fuel tanks can be used saving hundreds of kgs of weight in a fast boat. A speed increase becomes immediately possible.
. Direct injection using ultra-high-pressure fine mist injectors makes for excellent economy together with superb performance, yet there is minimal smoke under hard use conditions. Fuel savings, precious energy savings, and an increase in safety accompany the change to a diesel.
. All service points are conveniently placed high on the engine. Renowned Yanmar reliability and parts backup complete the package.
An engine that will dramatically lift the performance of virtually ANY hull, and likely put you in the race winners seat, if you so desire
- Bore 94mm X Stroke 100mm
- Displacement 4.164 Liters
- Lube oil capacity 10.5 liters
- Engine coolant 13.5 liters
- Turbocharger RHE62W (IHI made) water-cooled turbine housing
- Counter clockwise rotation (crankshaft)
- Fireboy Fire Suppression System
- Racor Fuel Filters
- Reverso Oil Change System
- Beede Engine Instrumentation
- Raymarine C120 color radar, gps plotter, sounder
- Raymarine ST6001 autopilot
- Raymarine RAY215 DSC vhf radio
- Clarion stereo with remote @ helm
- Ritchie 4" Compass
- Westerbeke 3.8 kw generator model BCDT 612 (67 hours!)
- AC & DC control panels with polarity indicator
- DC system battery management switching
- DC breaker for electronics
- 110V AC 30 amp shorepower with cord
- Galvanic isolator
- Battery charger
- (2) 31 DCM house battery
- (1) 31 engine start battery
- (2) 12VDC bilge pumps
- 12V outlet at helm
- Bonding system with zinc anode
- Cockpit courtesy lights
- GFI protected 110V circuits
- Blue Seas AC/DC Electrical Panels
- Pathmaker battery combiner
- Guest Galvanic Isolator
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Stan Miller Yachts
53 Aleutian RP
Long Beach, CA, United States
Marina del Rey/San Jose, MX, CA, United States
Long Beach, CA, United States
Newport Beach, CA, United States
Long Beach, CA, United States
Pittsburg, CA, United States