2003 Shearwater by Acheson Rossa SA Shearwater 45 Cutter
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Ft Lauderdale, FL
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 170,000
Sharyn-Leigh is a Shearwater 45, built by Acheson Rossa of South Africa. Her sister ship was voted "Traditional Voyager of the Year" and "Overall Sailboat of the Year" 2001 at the Annapolis Sailboat Show.
Sharyn-Leigh is a boat with classic good looks and exhilarating performance. In a sail test of the Shearwater 45 in Yachting Monthly Magazine (Oct'97), James Jermain wrote "This is a stunning looking boat with an impressive performance and delightful manners."
She is beautifully fitted out, equipped for world cruising, and has CE Certification.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this listing.
Please contact Jordan Yachts at 954 522 8650
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Acheson Rossa Custom Yachts Ltd
Designer: Dudley Dix
LOA: 48 ft 8 in
Beam: 13 ft 0 in
LWL: 37 ft 6 in
Length on Deck: 44 ft 3 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 2 in
Displacement: 27562 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 62 ft 0 in
Total Power: 50 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4JH3E
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1300
Engine Power: 50 HP
Cruising Speed: 6 knots
Maximum Speed: 8 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (158 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (132 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (14 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
- Design: Dudley Dix
- L.O.A: 48.72'. 14,85m
- L.O D: 44.3'. 13.50m
- LWL: 37.57'. 11.45m
- Beam: 13.2'. 4.00m
- Draft: 6.23'. 1.90m
- Displacement: 27.562lbs 12,500kg
- Fuel: 132 US Gallons. 500 Liters
- Water: 158.4 US Gallons. 600 Liters
- Mainsail: 53m' Quantum 2003
- Furling Genoa: 73m' Quantum 2003
- Staysail: 20.8m' Quantum 2003
- Spinnaker: 147m' Quantum 2003
Sharyn-Leigh is a Shearwater 45' designed by Dudley Dix and build by Acheson Rossa Custom Yachts of South Africa.
The Shearwater 45 combines classic looks with modern underwater profile. A fantastic finish quality above and below deck make this outstanding yacht an ageless classic that will retain her great looks for all time.
Sharyn-Leigh is a CE certified category 'A' boat (Craft designed for extended voyages where conditions experienced may exceed wind force 8 (Beaufort Scale) and include significant wave heights of 4m, for vessels that are largely self-sufficient, but excluding abnormal conditions) by the following body:
ECB Netherlands BV, Julianaweg 224A, NL-1131 NW Volendam, The Netherlands
Notified Body Number -0614
Two double cabins with two heads and showers, large salon, spacious fully equipped galley and navigation chart table.
The interior is very traditional, cherry wood with hand rubbed satin finish and floor boards with laid mahogany. The interior arrangement features a double berth forward, ensuite Par electric head and shower, salon with U shaped settee, aft double cabin, and aft electric head.
She's equipped to take you and your family on extended cruises, ocean crossings or live aboard. She's a fast sailor and holds a third in the St. Maarten classic yacht regatta.
- Large galley with double stainless steel sink
- Hot and cold pressurized water throughout
- 6 gal/ 20 litres Isotemp hot water heater
- 4 burner Force 10 stove
- Fireboy Xintex S 2A propane solenoid and fume detector
- Back-up foot pump in galley
- Frigoboat front opening 12v refrigerator
- Top opening 12v freezer
- Raymarine RL70+ chart plotter with radar has a Florida and the Bahamas NT+ card
- Raymarine ST60 depth,wind, speed instruments. New circuit board in wind speed gauge June 2013
- Raymarine ST 6000 autopilot connected to a Lewmar, Whitlock motor
- Icom IC-M402 VHF
- Icom command mic in cockpit
- In addition to masthead antenna there is a Shakespeare 3' whip antenna with no connections cable October 2013
- Windex with light June 2013
- Anchor light and tricolor have been switched to LED May 2013 but the steaming lights are still incandescent
- WirieAP wifi booster with closed network
- Stereo with two Sony speakers in the cockpit
- Compass on pedestal
- Raystar 120 GPS
- Horizon HX100 handheld VHF
- Gimbaled cockpit table
- Solar arch
- Sailing dodger
- Fishing rod holders
- Stainless steel, removable drop down swim ladder and a folding teak swim step.
Sails and Rigging
Sharyn-Leigh was designed to be sailed efficiently with minimal crew. Her in-boom furling, electric winch, and lines led aft make for easy single handling. She's equipped with one Anderson 46 electric winch to handle both furling and hauling the main. It also controls the main sheet and both headsail furling lines. The two primary Anderson 58 winches handle the genoa while the two 46's take care of the stay sail. The double ended main sheet runs back to the Anderson 46 behind the wheel.
- The three spreader rig by Sparcraft has a height of 62' to the water line.
- Navtec hydraulic backstay adjuster rebuilt in October 2013
- Sheet lines new May 2013. As are main halyard and topping lift.
- Head sails are hauled on adjustable cable track
- Cutter rigged
- Dyform standing rigging
- Spectra running backstays
- Profurl in boom furling system
- Profurl roller furling system on fore sail and stay sail
- Quantum main, genoa, staysail, original
- Anderson winches: two 58ST, three 46ST and on bridge deck electric Anderson 46ST.
- Hull, deck and superstructure built in foam cored GRP sandwich
- The deck is teak, re caulked and sanded 2013
- Hatch seals new 2013
- Butterfly hatch above the salon and a Samson post up on the bow add to her classic look
- Lofrans Tigress electric windlass
- CQR anchor with chain and rope
- Teak in cockpit
- Teak details on the deck including a large teak skylight over salon
- Teak bowsprit
- Emergency tiller
House batteries are gel, 6 GEM 98 amp hours each, stored below the salon sole. Easily accessed and monitored by a Heart Interface Link 2000 at the chart table.
Transformer: There's an industrial 220V-110V transformer installed behind the salon settee. There's also a small transformer installed in the same location for smaller house hold items.
Solar panels: 2 x 245 watt Kyocera fixed frame panels on a custom arch over helm, provide shade and ideal location for fishing rod holders, once they are connected to the Blue Sky Solar boost 3024IL charge controller (with digital display) provide an average of 13amps to the house batteries. All interior lights have been changed to LED
- Electrical and manual bilge pumps
- Start battery for the engine
- Shore power
- European electrical system 230v 50 hz
- Battery charger
- Heart interface Link 2000 remote
- Spreader lights
- Powerbright step up and down transformer VC 750 W
- Blue Sky solar boost 3024IL May 2013
Engine and Mechanical Equipment
Yanmar 50hp: 1300hrs New starter motor September 2013
Engine runs a 100 amp alternator to charge house batteries.
Max Prop, serviced in May 2013 and coated with Prop Speed to keep it free of growth when she was hauled out and painted with two coats of bottom paint.
Fuel: is stored in 3 tanks. Main tank is below the cockpit sole and holds 300 liters. Two, hundred liter tanks are either side, gravity fed through ball valves into the main tank. All fuel goes through a Racor filter before consumption. Extra filters on board. Custom fuel filter system to circulate the fuel through the Racor to keep it clean when not in use.
- Single lever control system on pedestal
- SS prop shaft with Aquadrive flexible coupling
- 3-bladed Max prop
- Racor 500 fuel filter
- Whitlock Cobra 6 steering system
Fresh water: 2 tanks, port and starboard, holding 158 gallons/300 liters each, monitored by a tank tender at the chart table, supply the boat through a Shurflow pump new November 2013.
The galley double sink is equipped with a fresh water foot pump on one side.
Watermaker is a Spectra Venture 150. Complete rebuild by Spectra in February 2013 and new membrane in February 2013, new high pressure pump with fan in July 2013. Have a spare head. Produces 5 gal/ hour and used 7-10 amps depending on the state of the filters
Black water: Both heads are full size electric with option to pump directly over board or through a US Coast Guard certified type 1 approved Lectrasan system by Raritan. Lectrasan currently not functioning, The forward head has a new macerator pump, June 2013 and there is a spare motor as well as shaft seals.
Sharyn -Leigh is a beautiful yacht with over 12000 nm under her keel including one Atlantic crossing from Cape Town to Trinidad where she averaged 170 nm per day. She makes a great live aboard. I get compliments everywhere we go and feels great to be on the prettiest boat in the anchorage.
- Avon liferaft 6 person
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.