- View Full Specifications
Well maintained example.
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Ipswich, Woolverstone Marina, Suffolk, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 45,950 Tax Paid (US$ 58,425)
Yacht for sale UK. Scanyacht 290 wheelhouse yacht for sale.High quality teak joinery in very good order. Helm positions-wheel steering in wheelhouse, tiller steering from cockpit, Bow thruster. 3 blade folding propeller..Two cabins including saloon. Saloon has infill to form double berth.Forward cabin with V double berth One joint owner since new..Lead ballast long keel shoal draft.All ships documentation held by us showing provenance.Developed from the ever popular LM 27.Canvas's in good order, including full cockpit enclosure.Joinery in excellent order. Warm air heating Ebersbacher D2. Original standing and running rigging. Bukh 24hp marine diesel factory fit upgrade. Shaft drive to Brunton 3 blade propeller. Recent engine service and winterisation by Foxs..3 blade folding propeller. Coppercoat hull antifoul system, overcoated with Hempells eroding antifoul paint system. RCD cat. A. Various reports and articles for this craft held for viewing. Built by the Cygnus Marine yard, Cornwall for the current owner..Hull polish, engine service, new water pump and ancillaries Jan 2017.Lots of spares. Currently ashore here at Woolverstone Marina adjacent to our office.
Boat Sales, Servicing, Accessories, Repairs and Boat Management.” The one stop shop for ALL your boating needs.”
Precious Marine Ltd - 01473 780286 - www.preciousmarine.co,uk
Contact on main switchboard ext 1.for information and viewing.appointments.
Please contact Graham Knight at 01473 780286
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Steorra of Tollesbury.
LOA: 29 ft 4 in
Beam: 9 ft 0 in
Length on Deck: 28 ft 3 in
Minimum Draft: 3 ft 1 in
Maximum Draft: 3 ft 0 in
Displacement: 10472 lbs
Ballast: 4134 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 2 in
Total Power: 24 HP
Engine Brand: BUKH
Year Built: 2003
Engine Model: DV24ME
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 24 HP
Maximum Speed: 6 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (30)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (30)
Holding Tanks: 1 (1)
Number of single berths: 1
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
Seating Capacity: 6
Electrical Circuit: 12V
- This yacht has an aft cockpit with tiller steering, large folding table and full canvas canopy. The wheelhouse has swing doors and built in washboard leading into saloon. The helm seat wheelhouse with its panoramic views, navigation area and covered steering position is a great sanctuary from the elements, should things get exciting!
- The galley is equipped with a gas cooker / grill with a twin hob burner, sink.stows under folding work surface.Hot & Cold pressurised Water supply, also to heads. Cool box top load with cold condenser plate and compressor under helm floor opposite galley.Secondary seat at galley.Plenty of work surface space
- Stepping down into the saloon there is a separate heads on the port side with a storage hanging locker opposite. The saloon has bench seating on either side with a centre folding leaf table with bottle stowage.which converts into 2.03 mtr / 6'8" double berth, note there are additional cushions that provide differring seat layout options.
- Opposite the other bench seat. There is also a forward cabin providing a Vee shaped double berth, with hanging locker to starboard. Berth comprises long berth to port, shorter to starboard. Infill and cushion for V berth to form double.
- Joinery finished in teak. Teak & holly style cabin soles.
- Saloon headroom is 6'4"
- Pressurised hot and cold supply to galley and heads. (with header tank).Back up manual cold water to galley-fresh or salt water.
- Switchable red/white ceiling lamp over galley adjacent to companionway.
- Insulated coolbox.
- Lee cloths in saloon and forward cabin.
- Chart table, with red/white flexible light.
- Holding tank for heads.
- Pale blue upholstery cloth (micro-care)
- Additional hand grabs in saloon.
- Isotherm ASU refridgerator 2006.
- Jabsco sea toilet in heads.
- Stove with oven and grill, gimballed.
- Radar, Raymarine pathfinder 18" 2004 MARP and rate stabilizer.
- Chart plotter, Raymarine C70 2003 Navionics gold XL3 card.
- GPS Raymarine
- Autopilot 920 Simrad TP20 (hand held remote control in wheelhouse., TP 22.
- Log Raymarine ST40 2003
- Depth Raymarine ST 40 2003
- Wind indicator Sensor 2015
- .Compass RaymarineST 40 plus Plastimo 2003
- Navtex 2004
- Clock Barometer set Plastimo.
- AIS receiver Raymarine.
- Lewmar bow thruster.
- Engine temp guage 2005
- Service battery 2006
- Original running rigging
- Original standing rigging
- Solid strut kicker.
- Furlex Genoa reefing.
- All aluminium spars by Selden.
- Lazy jacks and zip up mainsail cover.
- Lewmar ST 40 primary winches x 2.
- Spinnaker halyard and topping list.
- Raised mainsheet traveller track.
- Fully battened mainsail with 3rd reef cringle.
- Furling Genoa: cleaned ans serviced Nov 2016
Hull, Deck, Safety & Canvas
- White GRP hull and superstructure.
- 2no. Windscreen wipers .
- Blue horizontal feature stripe.
- Teak safety grab rails on wheelhouse and superstructure tops.
- Teak & Holly style cabin soles.
- Fold out extended cockpit table.
- Folding transom mounted boarding ladder.
- Opening roof light to whel house above helm position.
- Stainless steel Pushpit, Pulpit and lifelines and stanchions.
- Anti slip finish to ring deck.
- 6no. mooring cleats including two midships.
- 'Staghorn' bollard at foredeck.
- Tiller at Transom and wheel steering in fully enclosed wheel house.
- Rope cutter.
- Electric Anchorman windlass.
- Radar reflector at mast.
- Mooring bollard on foredeck.
- Divided anchor locker lid.
- Cockpit roll edge cushions.
- Deck safety jack stays.
- GRP profiling of rudder blade for improvement to handling and performance under sail.
- Teak outboard bracket.
- Flare pack.
- Bilge pumps manual and auto electric
- Four opening deck hatches.
- Gas safe certification May 2013.
- Chain pipe.
- Electric windlass.
- Jack stays.
- Radar reflector.
- Anchors, Spade and Delta
- 25m chain, 50m attached warp.
- All canvas in very good order.
- Gas bottles (2no.) in transom locker, aft of tiller.
The 290 model has increased righting moments over the previous LM 27 model.
Note the hull has been copper-coated, but in addition has also been coated with Hempels eroding antifoul.
- Shorepower, immersion heater element.
- Plastimo fixed battery charger.
- Twin batteries engine and domestic, with charge splitting diode.
- Solar panel on coach roof with Solarex regulator 2004, forward of mast.
- Updates to Bukh DV24 engine cooling system 2005.
- Bukh DV24hp inboard marine diesel on shaft to 3 blade folding propeller.
- Engine temp gauge added 2005
- New water pump and cooling tubes 2017.
- Full service history.
- feathering 3 blade propeller.Coated with fouling inhibitor.
- Rope cutter
- This yacht was the successor to the Danish designed LM27. When LM ceased trading David Love of Scanyacht purchased the mould tools and designed the Scanyacht 290 using a modified hull.
- The Scanyacht 290 was developed from the renowned LM 27 design as a modern update. See below- The Danish LM27 has long been probably the world’s most successful small wheelhouse sailing cruiser, with over 1,500 built since the designs introduction in 1975. First built in Denmark, the moulds later came to the UK when LM ceased building yachts and started to manufacture blades for wind turbines. The hull lines and robust construction owe much to the traditional Scandinavian “Colin Archer” sailing lifeboats, although the originals of these designs, long regarded by many as the epitome of seaworthiness, are rather larger. For such a small motor-sailer, with bluff bow and long shallow keel, the sailing performance is remarkably good. When introduced 'Yachting World' reported that ".... she sails surprisingly fast”, and 'Yachting Monthly' said ".... Can she sail? Undoubtedly this one can, in a very satisfactory way”.
- This craft is offered with all kit presently onboard, however, owners personal items will be removed at time of sale.
- LOA: 8.94 mtrs / 29'4"
- LWL: 7.10 mtrs / 23'4"
- Beam: 2.79 mtrs / 9'2"
- Draught: 0.95 mtrs / 3'1"
- Displacement Weight: 3,800 kgs / 8,377Ib
- Ballast: 1,814 kgs / 4,000Ibs
- Sail Area: 37.16m2 / 400 sq ft.
- Construction: GRP White Hull (Straight sided bluff-bowed and canoe stern configuration) & Superstructure.
- Self Draining Aft Cockpit.
- RCD Category A (Ocean).
- As previously mentioned the Scanyacht 290 is a much updated and improved version of the popular classic LM 27 with the following bullet pointed features,
- Larger sail area.
- Lead ballasted keel.
- A stainless steel bowsprit that provides for a double anchor roller and a forward attachment point for the forestay.
- Additional second hanging locker in the forward cabin.
- GRP cockpit
- Increased freeboard providing greater headroom.
- Larger heads compartment including wash hand basin and shower and moulded sump.
- Larger fuel and water tanks appx 30 galls each.
- A removable forward facing seat in the galley area.
Precious Marine offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Some websites that link to us may not drag the full information across please feel free to click the link and ask for the full inventory.