- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Seattle, WA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 299,000
Northwest crafted for Northwest use: This Nexus 35 is guaranteed to be the finest express cruiser in any harbor she enters. Traditional downeast lines that are stylishly refined and elegantly crafted in cold molded wood to heirloom quality. Stunning and practical for Pacific Northwest use with an enclosed pilothouse and efficient single Yanmar 440 hp engine and protecting skeg.
Admiral Phormio is a yacht with soul. Not mass produced but custom built without compromise. Highlights include:
Warm and dry with an enclosed and heated pilothouse with excellent 360 degree visibility.
A fuel efficient Yanmar diesel engine with single screw protected behind a cutaway airfoil skeg. 8 gph at 21 knot cruise speed.
Engine placed well aft with V-drive to minimize pilothouse noise, optimize weight distribution, and achieve a shallow prop shaft angle.
Easy handling with bow thruster and large airfoil rudder placed well aft.
Cold-molded wood construction with WEST systems epoxy sealing and coating all wood surfaces for ease of maintenance, light weight and exceptional strength.
Modified lobsterboat hull with sharp entry, flaring bow and varnished tumblehome transom providing seakindly and efficient running
Extensive 1/8 scale radio controlled model testing was performed before commencing construction.
Admiral Phormio is stored in covered fresh water moorage during the wet winter months. Annual maintenance by Seattle’s Jensen Motorboat Company has kept this boat in top condition.
Swiftsure Yachts is a premiere yacht brokerage located in Seattle, Washington dedicated to selling high quality yachts. Though our home is in the Pacific Northwest, we work tirelessly to help customers find the perfect boat to suit their needs, no matter where they are. Whether that vessel is new or new-to-you, we're dedicated to turning your dreams into realities.
Contact Swiftsure Yachts at (206)378-1110 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Swiftsure Yachts at (206)378-1110
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 35 ft 0 in
Beam: 11 ft 7 in
Minimum Draft: 3 ft 0 in
Displacement: 11000 lbs
Total Power: 440 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2002
Engine Model: 6LY2A-STP
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 350
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: V Drive
Engine Power: 440 HP
Cruising Speed: 21 knots
Maximum Speed: 29 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: Plastic (42 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: Aluminum (240 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: Plastic (12 Gallons)
The interior is accessed through a varnished, paneled door from the cockpit. This door is fitted with a venting window and insect screen. The interior joinery is paneled mahogany and finished with gloss varnish on the upper level and satin varnish on the lower level. The cabin sole is teak and holly. A removable rug now covers the salon sole. The overhead is painted high gloss white. To port is the elevated dinette. Four can comfortably sit and dine with excellent 360 degree visibility. Underway, the dinette forward seatback can be hinged aft allowing crew to sit facing forward for a total of five comfortable, raised, forward facing seats. The dinette table can be moved aft to the cockpit for alfresco dining or cocktails. The dinette seats measure 4’ wide. Top access bin storage is below the seats. Three storage drawers are below the dinette platform. Four compact florescent light fixtures are mounted on the overhead.
The galley is to starboard. A Force Ten two burner stove with oven and broiler is furthest aft. A varnished mahogany cover is fitted on the stove top when not in use. A white Corian sink measuring 10” by 12” by 6” is hung beneath a light green Corian counter with low fiddle edges. A single lever faucet provides hot and cold water. A built in refrigeration box is beneath the counter, just forward of the stove. A large storage locker is slightly forward of the fridge. Three sliding drawers are beneath the stove. A properly sized toe kick beneath these cabinets allows one to comfortably cook and clean.
To starboard and forward is the helm station. A two foot wide helm seat hinges up and out of the way for standing or folds down for seating. A wide footrest is mounted below the helm. The navigation electronics, controls and engine instrumentation are mounted in a burl wood-faced, arched console. The flat screen computer display slides out from a pocket behind the console. The electrical switch/breaker panel is concealed behind a hinged door inboard and below the navigation console.
The lower level is three steps down from the pilothouse/salon. To starboard, just forward of the electrical panel locker is a tall hanging locker. To port, behind a privacy door, is the head. A Vacflush marine head is aft and outboard. A vanity with Corian countertop is forward and fitted with a 10” round stainless steel sink and single lever Grohe faucet. A mirror with wood frame is above the sink on the forward bulkhead. Storage is beneath the sink and in a top opening bin outboard of the sink. An overhead light, opening cabin side port, overhead hatch, heater outlet, and 110V AC outlet are fitted in this space.
Forward, through a privacy door is the stateroom. A large “V” berth with removable infill measures 6’ 8” long by 2’ wide forward and 6’ 6” aft. The mattress is four inches thick and covered with light green yacht acrylic upholstery. The same upholstery covers four large throw pillows. Bin storage is below the berth. A wide bookshelf is forward, above the berth at deck level. Two smaller shelves are outboard and aft of the berth and fitted with top opening bins. The hull sides and frames are covered with Alaskan yellow cedar ceiling strips. Two reading lights are mounted on the aft bulkhead. An overhead hatch provides natural light and illumination.
ELECTRONICS & NAVIGATION:
- Nobletec 4KW radar
- Computer displaying on C-Nav flat screen display
- Nobletec Visual Navigation Suite chart plotting/radar software
- Computer trackpad flush mounted in burl wood dash
- Shakespeare VHF whip antenna
- AFI model A-23 dual tone horns
- Aquasignal steaming, anchor, side, and stern lights
- ITT Jabsco remote controlled searchlight
- Ritchie steering compass
- Simrad AP11 autopilot
- Icom M402S VHF
- Standard Horizon depth sounder
DECK & HULL:
ADMIRAL PHORMIO’s hull is painted light green with black and white boot stripes. The bottom is coated with black antifouling paint. A spray rail is forward above the waterline. A varnished rub rail capped with stainless steel is at the deck edge. A lower rub rail with stainless cap starts well forward and transitions to the varnished teak swim platform in way of tumble home at the stern quarters. The combination of these stainless steel capped rails provides excellent “widest point” all around protection. The transom is kept bright to reveal the bookmarked African mahogany wood. Stainless steel sheathing protects the transom corners.
The deck is painted light beige with non-skid and waterways. A varnished toe rail surrounds the deck and is broken in way of the mooring cleat/chocks. An anchor locker with storage chocks for the anchor and space for the rode is recessed into the foredeck. This locker drains overboard. Cabin sides and top are white. Varnished handrails are fitted on the cabin top and forward coach roof. A varnished eyebrow trim piece is fitted along the coach roof deck edge and carried aft along the pilothouse sides to accentuate this line. The pilothouse is fitted with sliding Diamond Sea Glaze side ports for ventilation. The pilothouse top is well cambered. Generous overhang visors the forward fixed windows and protects the side and aft windows from rain. The pilothouse aft edge curves gracefully in profile flowing into tall cockpit coamings. This edge and coaming are capped with varnished teak.
ADMIRAL PHORMIO’s cockpit is well proportioned; balancing the interior and exterior spaces properly from a functional and aesthetic standpoint. With its sole located sufficiently above the waterline the cockpit is self-draining. Storage boxes forward and seats aft allow one to step down from the side deck into this well protected space. Varnished teak grab rails on the underside of the aft pilothouse top are well placed as handholds during cockpit entry/exit. The starboard forward step/locker serves as a propane locker. The port side step/locker is dedicated to storage. Further outboard and above these steps are “small stuff” storage bins behind varnished teak doors. The well-insulated engine box is centered in the cockpit and fitted with hinges and stainless steel gas lifting struts for easy opening. Hatches with quarter turn flush mounted latch handles and hinges are forward, aft, and outboard of the engine box. Access to systems and storage is through these gasketed and guttered hatches. Aft is the “U” shaped cockpit settee. The dinette table can be shifted to the cockpit using removable mounting pedestal. Access to the steering system, batteries, electrical gear, and storage is beneath the hinged seats. Additional systems and storage access is outboard of the cockpit seat backs through removable panels. Dark green Sunbrella-covered cockpit cushion backs tastefully make this a comfortable exterior lounging area. Teak and rubber is glued (no screws) to the cockpit sole, seats, steps, and engine box top.
- Custom Nexus Marine plywood 8’ pram with cabin top storage chocks
- (7) Red courtesy lights around cockpit and at swim platform
- (10) Karlyn stainless steel mooring cleats with integral chocks
- Fortress FX-23 anchor with 200’ chain and rope rode
- Lewmar 14” x 8” opening hatch in head
- Lewmar 20” x 20” opening hatch in stateroom
- (4) 16” x 6” Oval opening cabin side ports
- Varnish staff and socket for bow burgee
- Varnished staff and socket for ensign on stern
- (2) “Grapefruit Squeezer” deck prisms in stateroom
- Green Sunbrella cockpit cover
- Covers for pilothouse windows
- 30 Amp shorepower cord and Marinco inlet fitting
- Newmar 1-3-165 battery isolator
- Cole Hearse battery isolator/guard
- 80 Amp Hitachi alternator
- (2) Lifeline AGM Group 31T house bank batteries
- Lifeline AGM Group 31T battery for bow thruster
- Lifeline AGM Group 31T starting battery
- Xantrex Freedom Marine 1500 watt inverter/battery charger
- Link 2000 inverter/charger remote control and battery monitor
- Charles 3.6 KVA Isoguard transformer
- Blue Seas rotary isolation/combining switch for engine starting
- Blue Seas breakers for house, heater, and ignition
- Corrosion test meter and adjustable zinc control
- Custom AC/DC switch/breaker panel with digital AC volt and ammeters
MECHANICAL & PLUMBING SYSTEMS:
- Yanmar 6LY2A-STP 440 HP diesel engine (360 hours)
- Drivelines Northwest “V” drive and shafting system
- PSS dripless shaft seal
- Bronze three blade propeller with airfoil strut protected by airfoil skeg
- Spare three blade bronze propeller
- Cushy Float engine mounts
- Groco AGR-2000 bronze raw water strainer
- Foiled, high lift spade rudder
- Hynautic hydraulic steering ram
- Vetus wooden rim steering wheel
- ZF Microcommander single lever electronic throttle/shift
- Bennett trim tabs with position indicators
- (4) Vetus aluminum louvers for engine room air plenums- baffled and sound deadened
- (4) Aluminum fuel tanks with Trident II fuel fill hoses and stainless steel deck fittings
- Racor 500 FG dual fuel filters with selector valve and vacuum gage
- Racor Lifeguard antispill devices fitted on fuel tank vent lines
- Reverso 12V oil change pump fixe plumbed to engine
- Floscan fuel flow meter
- Fireboy automatic engine room fire extinguisher
- (4) Rule 3700 12V bilge pumps with manual/automatic switches on pilothouse breaker panel
- (2) Two gallon aluminum propane tanks with selector valve and solenoid valve
- Trident propane solenoid/alarm switch
- Webasto 90S hydronic diesel heating system with individually controlled heat exchangers in each interior space and windshield defroster blowers
- (2) Xalto wiper/washers
- Isspro gages: tachometer, amps, volts, oil pressure, water temperature, and gear oil pressure
- (4) Isspro fuel tank level gages
- Fuel transfer pump with automatic stop
- Vetus bow thruster
- Hot and cold fresh water shower in cockpit
- 110V and engine heated 11 gallon hot water heater
- Vacuflush marine head
- Wema water tank level gage
- Tankwatch holding tank level indicator
- Holding tank 12 V macerator overboard discharge pump
- 12V DC refrigeration system
ADMRIMAL PHORMIO is built with great craftsmanship and attention to details using the finest best suited materials available. Her construction details and photos are best captured by the Nexus Marine’s website: http://www.nexusmarine.com/odysy_const.html
- Transverse African mahogany frames on 20” centers
- Clear vertical grain Douglas fir longitudinal stringers
- 1st layer of hull planking is 5mm African mahogany above water line and 6 mm planking below waterline in diagonal strips faired and glassed
- 2nd layer of planking of 5mm/6mm African mahogany plywood strips in opposite direction to 1st layer vacuum bagged and epoxied to 1st layer
- 3rd layer of 1/8” thick mahogany veneer oriented fore and aft and vacuum bagged then sheathed with epoxy and fiberglass before painting
- Airfoil skeg and rudder built of stainless steel, plywood, epoxy and fiberglass composite
- Propellor strut of cast silicon bronze
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.