- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Toms River, NJ
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 149,950
Belgian built for safe blue water crossings as well as comfortable coastal cruising, this high end sloop is exquisitely finished and amazingly upgraded. Better than new and absolutely blemish free. Easily shorthanded from the comfortable cockpit. She was awlgripped royal blue in 2013. The engine has low hours, a new generator, amazing and complete electronics package, full sail inventory, air conditioning, diesel heat, and to top it off rated UNSINKABLE! If you require safety, performance and comfortable accommodations, no need to look any further. All accessory equipment included. Hop on board and sail away tomorrow. Please take a moment to review her full specifications. Vessels like this rarely come available.
This boat is located off-site. Please contact Jerry Thompson at 732-299-8810 ofr by email at email@example.com for additional information or to schedule an appointment.
Please contact Jerry Thompson at 732-299-8810
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Keel: Twin Keel
LOA: 36 ft 11 in
Beam: 12 ft 5 in
LWL: 32 ft 6 in
Minimum Draft: 4 ft 5 in
Displacement: 13508 lbs
Ballast: 5000 lbs
Total Power: 28 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo
Year Built: 2003
Engine Model: Penta
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 850
Propeller: 2 blade propeller
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Power: 28 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 Plastic (65 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 Stainless steel (30 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 Plastic (20 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 2
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 1
HULL & DECK
Loaded with inovative features from stem to stern this Etap 37 is sure to please both the coastal and blue water sailor. Elizabeth is a spectaular boat that through continuous upgrades is in better than new conditions.
Hull: Constructed of fiber reinforced plastic. She features a unique double hull. The space between the hulls is filled with closed cell water proof polyurethane foam. The two hulls were then bonded together resulting in a very stiff, unsinkable vessel. The foam is placed to mainatain an even keel when flooded. Besides being unsinkable the double hull foam filled construction provides outstanding acoustic and thermal protection while eliminating interior condensation.
Keel: Fitted with the optional tandem keel (as seen on some Americas Cup Boats). In effect, two short inline keels are connected by a wing bulb. This maximizes lift; producing outstanding upwind performance and shallower draft.
Topsides: Beautifully Awlgripped royal blue in 2013. The color along with contrasting boot stripes and a stainless steel rub rails produce a striking look. At the stern the walk thru transom leads to the molded swim platform. Access to and from the water is excellent. In Med-Moore situations access to the boat is hassle free. Forward a stainless steel roller is bolted to the bow. All above the water line thru hull fittings are stainless steel while those below are bronze.
Rudder: FRP spade monolithic, prebalanced with continuous fiberglass reinforcements and a stainless steel rudder stock. Rod steering results in full side to side rudder movement in 1.75 wheel turns.
Deck: The clean uncluttered deck features wide waist decks providing easy access to the foredeck. The tubular 2" raised toe rail is high enough to keep the crew on board and while letting water flow underneath. The aggresive TBS nonskid will hold deck shoes in the wettest of conditions. Forward is a split pushpit, anchor roller, Simpson Lawrence Horizon manual windlass, large anchor locker with a 35 pound Delta anchor, 60' of chain and 90' of line. Two hatches are located on the fordeck one leading to the forward stateroom and the other to the salon. Finally the 135% genoa can be rigged traditionally to the genoa tracks or when short handed to the self tacking track located forward of the mast.
Midships, the large panoramic window has an extrerior custom cover to block the sun in the tropics. For lashing down extra gear a custom stainless steel cradle is located on the cabin top aft of the mast
The self draining cockpit is very spacious and loaded with innovative features. Seats and backrests are finished in teak and the steering wheel is leather covered. Cockpit cushions, bimini, dodger windows, and window covers are all matching grey with red piping and are all in like new condition. The hard dodger is white with with three removable Supraglass panels and of course conveniet grab rails. In the cockpit, with the pull of two pins the traveller can be removed when sailing with a crowd or entertaining at the dock. The mainsheet is then cleverly attached to the sole or when dockside outboard. Always with an eye to safety four securing points for lifelines and a manual bilge pump are provided.
Visibility from the helm is outstanding and the rounded, removable helm seat is comfortable on either tack. The Jeffa pedestal is outfitted with a 40" leather wrapped wheel and full instrument array including compass, VHF, auto pilot, radar repeater, depth, speed, wind as well as rudder angle indicator and stereo controls.
At the stern back seat drivers will be very comfortable in the port and starboard elevated stern seats. Also located here is the radar arch, transom boarding gate, molded swim platform, boarding ladder, outside shower, LPG locker and a cradle for carrying five gallons of spare diesel. In addition to antenna the radar arch features a powerful night refueling/swim platform LED light and an emergency navigation light in case of mast light failure.
SAILS & RIGGING
- Mast: Seldon Aluminum 9/10 Fractional Rigged with Double Aerofoil Spreaders
- Boom: Seldon Aluminum
Standing & Running Rigging
- Stays & Shrouds 1X19 Stainless Steel Wire
- Running Rigging: Colored Yacht Braid
- Furlex Roller Furing System
- Two Genoa Rails and Tracks
- Self Tacking Jib Track
- Traveller: Antal (Removable)
- Boom Vang: Seldon Rod Kicker
- Rope Clutches: Eight Located on Cabin Top
- All Running Rigging Lead to Cockpit
- Lazy Jack Flaking System
- Reefing System
- Boom Downhaul
- Adjustable Backstay
- Flag Halyard
- Primary: Lewmar #44 Two Speed, Self Tailing (2X)
- Halyard: Lewmar #40 Two Speed, Self tailing (2X)
- Winch Handles (2X)
- Winch Rite Electric Winch Handle
- Full Battened Main Sail With In Mast Soft Track, Three sets of Reefing Points & Etap Logo
- Furling Genoa (135%)
- Code A3 Asymmetrical Spinnaker
- ATM Storm Jib
- Main Sail Cover
The beautiful cherry interior is well laid out and provides lots of open space for a boat of its size. The forward facing panoramic window accentuates this feature upon entering the salon. To port of the companionway is the galley with the head located to starboard. Forward of the head is the full sized navigators station. The balance of the compartment is occupied by dining and entertaining areas. Forward of the salon is a private stateroom with a double berth. The owners stateroom is located aft of the galley. The climate controlled interior is spotless and all components and surfaces are in like new condition.
The traditional salon is flanked by two outboard long settees (6’6”) which double as two very comfortable berths and have storage under and concealed storage over. On the centerline is a double drop leaf table with interior bottle storage. For entertainment there is a flat panel television and stereo. Throughout the main compartment there are abundant grab rails, operable ports and hatches as well as a large forward facing window. All ports and windows have privacy curtains and screens. The teak and holly sole, interior paneling and upholstery are all in perfect condition.
The full sized forward facing navigation station is a work of art! Located to starboard of the companionway it includes an amazing array of navigation, communications, systems monitoring, and entertainment electronics and displays. All installations were meticulously installed, are neat, well labeled and accessible. The navigator’s seat is extremely comfortable and the chart table is large (24”X30”) and includes a spacious locker below.
The cook will appreciate this well thought out galley. The centerline island includes two deep stainless steel sinks with covers. To port is the large refrigerator compartment, Tappan microwave oven, and Ena gimbaled two burner stove and oven. All counter tops are Corian and are protected by curbs and stainless steel grab rails. Storage is abundant and concealed.
The private cherry trimmed roomy forward stateroom features a large double v-berth, port and starboard lockers, outboard concealed storage and a seat. All fabric is in like new condition. There are two reading lights. A large overhead hatch and solar fan provide ventilation.
Aft Masters Stateroom:
The aft stateroom features a double owners berth, seat, a long storage shelf, hanging locker and cupboard with shelves. Ventilation is provided by several ports. Excellent engine access is provided in this area via an inspection hatch with quick release clips. Tall owners will appreciate the 6’4” headroom. All fabrics and surfaces are in like new condition.
The single head is located to starboard of the companionway. In addition to the usual amenities including a sink with handheld shower , Jabsco marine toilet, vanity and mirror it features a large hanging area for the off coming watch. A large storage locker is located aft of this compartment. The holding tank was replaced in 2013 and has a 20 gallon capacity. At sea waste can be pumped directly overboard. A Tankwatch monitoring system and indicator light keeps an eye on things.
Elizabeth is outfitted with an impressive navigation, communications and entertainment electronics inventory. All systems are neatly installed, well labelled and conveniently placed. Antennas are located on the stern mounted radar arch.
Included electronics are as follows:
- Raymarine L1250 Plus Radar/Chartplotter/Sounder Display (10.4”)
- Raymarine ST60 Multi-Display (Wind/Speed/Depth)
- Raymarine Smart Smart Pilot ST 6001
- Raymarine ST60 Rudder Angle Indicator
- Raymarine 6001 VHF With DSC
- Poly-Planer Remote Stereo Control
- Plastimo 5” Steering Compass
- Raymarine ST60 Depth
- Raymarine ST60 Speed
- Raymarine ST60 Wind
- Raymarine Pathfinder RL70C Plus (Radar/Chartplotter/Sounder (7”)
- Big Bay Color Monitor
- Globalstar Qualcomm Sat Phone
- Raymarine 6001 VHF With DSC
- Apple MacMini computer with Apple ENC (Electronic Navigation Charts) chart plotting system.
- Navionics charts East Coast USA, Bermuda, Bahamas thru Caicos and Caribbean Islands including South America.
- Set of Raster Charts entire Est Coast and Inland.
- Set of C-Map NT+ cartridges East Coast USA, Florida, Bermuda, Bahamas and Islands for Raymarine Chartplotter.
- Raymarine Smart Smart Pilot ST 6001 Remote Control
- Comar AST 100 AIS
- Standard Horizon HX270S Handheld VHF
- Ship Module (Multiplexer) hardwired to Raymarine system and pair Bluetooth with MacMini computer.
- VHF Antenna Splitter to separate frequency for VHF and AIS.
- Poly Planar MRD60 AM/FM/CD Stereo
- Kenwood Sirius SatelliteRadio With Lifetime Subscription
- Poly Planar Speakers (2X Cabin, 2X Cockpit)
- Toshiba 17" TV / DVD Flat Screen Televisionn
- KVH Tracvision Satellite TV Receiver
- Dual channel (Transmitt-Receive) AIS Antenna and dedicated GPS for AIS System
- FM Stereo
- Satellite Radio
- Satellite Phone
The state of the art electrical system has been seriously upgraded.
Batteries: Four battery banks consisting of House (2X100 Ahr), Refrigeration (2X100 Ahr), Starter (1x50Ahr), and Auxiliary (1X50Ahr). All batteries are Odyssey AGM thin plate pure lead technology. The engine can be started from the engine or auxiliary bank. Batteries can be charged by the Xantrex Truecharge battery charger or the Balmar 100amp engine alternator.
Generator: In 2013 a Fischer Panda 4kw generator was installed. It is located in the starboard lazarette. The compartment has been nicely insulated for quiet operation. Forty hours to date.
Shore Power: Two 30amp shore power inlets are located on the transom and two 30 amp 50' shore power cords are onboard. A ProMariner ProSafe Galvanic Isolater is installed.
Battery Chargers: Two Xantrex battery chargers. One 3X30 amp - One 3X60 amp
Inverter: True Power 400PS
Ground Bonding System: In place and operational. The bonding system ties into a hull mounted grounding plate.
- 12V and 120V Circuit Panels at Nav Station
- Digital Xantrex Battery Monitor
- Blue Sea Systems 120V AC Selection Switch
- Xantrex True Charge 2 Battery and Charger Status Indicator Display
- Volvo Penta 3-cylinder D1-30.
- 28 Horse Power
- Volvo Saildrive MS 25 S-A With Two Bladed Fixed Prop
- Fresh Water Cooled With Heat Exchanger
- Fully Insulated, Lighted and Ventilated Engine Compartment
- Engine Control Panel With Optical and Acoustic Alarms, Tach, Hour Meter
- Electric Fuel Gauge
- 850 Hours
- Remote Mounted Racor Water Separator
- Mufflers - Inline Waterlift
- Air Conditioning - Marine Air Systems 110V Reverse Cycle (12,000 BTU)
- Heater - Webasco Diesel Fired Forced Hot Air (3,900 BTU) (New 2013)
- Digital Temperature Controls
- Hot Water Heater - Webasco Isotemp 6 Gallon
- LPG - Two Tanks Located in Locker at Stern
- Holding Tank - Plastic 20 Gallon (New 2013) With Tank Monitor Light. Deck Pump Out or Overboard Discharge
- Water Tank - Plastic 65 Gallon. In line Sediment Filter. Water Level Gauge.
- 12V Domestic Water Pump
- Outside Shower
- Main Bilge Pump - Jabsco 12V
- Shower Sump Pump
- Cockpit Manual Pump - Whale
Emergancy Steering Tiller
Life Raft - Viking RescYou Pro Valise (New 2014) Stowes in Cockpit Lazarette
Intrigued? If you find this boat interesting and would like some additional information it would be our pleasure to provide you with the following reviews and articles:
- Sail Test Etap 37s - Sail Magazine (March 2004)
- Boat of the Year Etap 37s- Cruising World (January 2004)
- New Design Review Etap 37s - Latitudes & Attitudes (July 2004)
- Boat Review Etap37s - Cruising World (August 2004)
- Etap 37s - Practical Sailor (September 2004)
- Blue Water Boats Etap 37s - Blue Water Sailing (November 2003)
In addition for qualified buyers a copy of a 2014 insurance survey can be made available for review.
WHAT DO THEY MEAN UNSINKABLE?
Whats the number one fear most sailors have? Well sinking is about the worst thing that can happen. That's why since its inception forty years ago Etap has been producing unsinkable boats, about 6,000 to date. Its not just their opinion the boats have been officially certified by the French Merchant Marine Agency and are thus exempt from their offshore life raft requirements.
What are the requirements:
1) When flooded, freeboard was not less than 3% of overall length. So the water level was the height of the settee and the cook could work in the galley.
2) The flooded yacht floated in a near horizontal position.
3) The flooded yacht and crew of eight righted itself from 90 degrees of heel.
4) The flooded yacht is capable of being sailed.
How did they test it? Well first open up all the seacocks and flood the cabin. Then put eight passengers on the rail and their gear below. Then pull the mast down into the water. To pass the test the boat has to upright and remain maneuverable. The boat righted itself, the bunks remained above the waterline and the cook prepared dinner.
How do they do it? The yacht is double hulled. The cavity is injected with waterproof closed cell foam. To meet the horizontal requirement additional foam is situated forward. Which also serves as a nice crash barrier if you happen to tangle with a semi-submerged shipping container.
The company estimated that the unsinkable designation added 20%-30% to the production cost. Is it worth it? You be the judge.
Just to be on the safe side a four person Viking life raft is included.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.