- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Brooklin, ME
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 299,000
This is an exceptional Duffy 37. On just her second owner she has had the best of care and was beautifully finished by Hunter Scott who has a well deserved reputation as a high end yacht finisher. With her 500 HP Yanmar she will provide a near 20 kt cruise and is thoughtfully equipped for cruising with generator, inverter reverse cycle air conditioning, bow thruster, and much more.
"A Certified Professional Yacht Broker and Past President of the Yacht Brokers Association of America, Bill holds an Unlimited Master Mariner's License and has over 40 years experience in marine fields. Bill has been a broker with ECYS since 1998.".
Please contact Bill Full, CPYB at 207-846-4545
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Duffy/Hunter Scott
Designer: Spencer Lincoln
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Semi-Displacement
LOA: 36 ft 10 in
Beam: 13 ft 2 in
LWL: 34 ft 11 in
Minimum Draft: 4 ft 0 in
Displacement: 19000 lbs Half Load
Total Power: 500 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2003
Engine Model: 6CXM-GTE2
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1510
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 500 HP
Cruising Speed: 19 knots @ 2400 RPM
Maximum Speed: 23 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 Plastic (90 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 2 Aluminum (300 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 Plastic (30 Gallons)
Vessel Walk Thru
To date this is the finest Duffy 37 this office has seen. Beautifully finished full varnished teak interior with an off white main bulkhead below by Hunter Scott with eye entertaining detail she is fitted with a varnished teak and holly sole below and varnished teak deck in the Salon. Head room is app 6'-5" throughout. Natural light and ventilation abound with six opening stainless steel ports, 5 hatches, 2 dorades and several large windows in the wheelhouse/Salon, the side windows for which are sliders. When natural ventilation is not sufficient the yacht is fitted with two reverse cycle (heat & cool) air conditioning units. There is extensive 12 volt lighting throughout with numerous overhead dome style lamps and swivel style reading lamps at the berth and settee.
Starting forward is the private Stateroom with 6'-8" V-berth with filler below which are drawers and then storage cubbies. Above the berth the hull is lined with varnished spruce "ceilings" above, which there are under deck storage lockers. Aft of the berth there is a hanging locker to port and bureau with drawers to starboard.
The Enclosed Head is aft and to starboard featuring a separate stall shower compartment with seat, vanity with Corian type counter top and polished stainless steel sink. The W.C. is an electric Vacu-flush fresh water supplied head plumbed directly to the holding tank.
Opposite to port is the the U-Shaped Galley with Corian counter tops and deep double basin sink, with excellent storage in a number of lockers and drawers. Cooking is handled off a Princess ceramic 2 burner cooktop or in the Sharp Microwave oven. Chilled food stuffs are stowed in a Norcold dual voltage refrigerator freezer.
Up 3 steps (with storage under) to the Salon and Helm Station. The helm station is to starboard with full vessel instrumentation and controls adjoining along with a convenient side door. A custom varnished teak helm chair is fitted and there is a companion chair to port for the Navigator. The divider between the Salon and Galley also serves to house storage for nav tools and small space on which to lay out chart kits.
The L-shaped settee is aft and to port and can be made into a double berth when so desired with storage under. Dining is from a varnished teak pedestal table. The table is mounted on a removeable post and can be re-located to the cockpit for outside dining when desired. Opposite to starboard is a large credenza which houses an ice-maker, wine storage, entertainment system equipment and other storage.
The aft door directly accesses the cockpit with centerline transom door and bench seats with storage under P&S aft. An aft facing bench seat, also with storage is forward and to port and additional storage may be found in the under deck locker P&S and in the 3 lazarette lockers. A teak "step box" makes accessing the side decks easy as does the transom door to the swim platform with is molded fiberglass with teak grate inserts.
The side decks are generous making access fore and aft very reasonable and there are grab rails appropriately placed. Again access forward, without using the side decks is quite easy from the starboard side door with the stainless bow rail immediately adjacent.
Varnished teak trim includes the toe and rub rails, anchor pulpit, cockpit coamings, grab rails and dorade boxes.
- U-line ice maker
- Tinted glass windows in wheelhouse/salon
- Clarion AM/FM/CD player with speakers in Salon & Cockpit
- KVH M Satellite TV receiver
- Samsung flat panel TV
- Sony DVD player
All navionics are located within easy reach of the helm station starboard side.
- Northstar 6100i 12" color plotter with Sirius weather module
- Furuno Navnet 12" color radar/plotter
- Furuno RD-30 depth
- Simrad AP 20 Autopilot
- Standard Horizon VHF with DSC and Hailer
- Guest remote controlled searchlight
- Ritchie 5" binnacle mount compass
- Exalto windshield wiper/wash controls for 3 wipers
- Side power 7HP bow thruster control
- Bennett trim tabs
- Windlass remote control
Wired for 12 Volt DC and 120 Volt AC Service. A Fischer Panda 6KW generator handles heavier loads off the dock while a Magnum 1500 watt inverter handles lighter loads.
12 Volt DC
- Distribution panel with breakers located just aft of helm
- Volt & Amp meters
- 2 8D wet cell house/inverter batteries
- 1 8D wet cell engine start battery
- 1 Group 31 Bow Thruster and Windlass battery
- 1 Group 24 wet cell generator start battery
- 120 amp alternator
120 Volt AC
- Distribution panel with breakers located just aft of the helm
- Volt & Amp meters
- (2) 30 amp shore power connection located in cockpit
- 2 30 amp shore power cords
- 50 amp to 2 30 amp lines splitter
- 11 Gallon hot water heater (also engine supplied)
- 8 outlets located throughout the yacht
- 30 amp battery charger for house/inverter batteries
- 20 amp battery charger for bow thruster battery
Single Yanmar 6CX 500 hp diesel showing 1510 hours as of date of listing turns a 26X26" 4 bladed propellor on a 2.5" stainless steel shaft through a ZF 2:1 reduction gear
- Kobelt engine controls (2009)
- Dual racor fuel filters
- Line cutter on shaft
- PYI Dripless shaft seal, serviced 2014
- 3" Sounddown insulation in engine room overhead, 2" elsewhere
- Fireboy manual/automatic engine room fire suppression
- 12 volt engine room lighting including hela flood lights
- Manual oil change pump
- Fuel gauges at helm
- Tankwatch monitor for water tank
- Tankwatch system for holding tank
- Macerator pump
- Saltwater wash down system
- 2 Marine Air Reverse Cycle Air Cond. Units 16K BTU and 7K BTU
- Electric bulge pump
- Manual bilge pump
Hull & Deck
Molded in 2003 but not completed until spring 2004. Fiberglass full with vinylester resin in the exterior laminate for superior blister resistance; closed cell foam coring from the hard chines which are app 6" below the waterline to app. 3" below the rail. Finished with Flag Blue Awlgrip with a blue/red boot stripe and green hard epoxy antifouling. PVC white rub rail with stainless steel cap, varnished teak toe rail, brow, anchor pulpit, dorade boxes and cockpit coamings. All hardware is stainless steel. White trunk cabin and deck house with gel-coat finish, the decks have Awlgrip Buff with Griptex in appropriate non-skid areas.
- Simpson Lawrence low profile electric anchor windlass
- Stainless steel Delta Fast Set plow anchor app 40 lb with app 30' stainless chain and estimated 250'+ rode
- Saltwater wash down forward.
- Stainless steel bow rail extends aft for forward end of deck house to allow easy access forward from the side door
- Exterior canvas covers for all wheelhouse windows
- Cockpit courtesy lighting
- Transom Door
- Molded fiberglass swim platform with teak inserts
- Varnished teak swim platform
- H&C transom shower
- St. Croix dinghy davits
- Magma propane grill
- Docking equipment 4 fenders and 4 braided dock lines
- Safety equipment: 8 Type II PFDs, Flare Kit, Life ring with line, 2 fire extinguishers
This exceptional Duffy 37 is in inside unheated storage in Brooklin Maine until sold. The listing broker is personally familiar with her having sold her to the current owner and having been out on her briefly. She surveyed well in 2014 and any items of any consequence were addressed at that time with lessor items dealt with at the current owners convenience and we are confident that she would survey extremely well again.
- Caribe hard bottom inflatable and Mercury 5hp outboard motor
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from East Coast Yacht Sales
50 Pilothouse Trawler
Yarmouth, ME, United States
48 Flybridge Sedan
Marblehead, MA, United States
Eastbay 43 Flybridge Sedan
Harpswell, ME, United States
Yarmouth, ME, United States
Yarmouth, ME, United States
Boothbay, ME, United States