2003 Cape Horn 81 Expedition Yacht
- View Full Specifications
Price Recently Reduced
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Twin / diesel
- Located In:
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Hull Material:
- Last Listed Price:
- US$ 1,395,000
Donated to AMI Kids, whom recently spent $100k in service work and upgrades.
2003 81' Cape Horn Expedition Yacht
- New bottom paint
- Fully Serviced Stabilizers
- Fully Serviced Air Condition
- (1) New Chiller
- Serviced all Air Handlers
- Fully Serviced Both Tenders
- Serviced Engines and Generators
- New canvas on Aft deck
- Call for more information!
FOR FURTHER DETAILS, CONTACT Jeff Creary
HMY YACHT SALES
Click here to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Jeff Creary at 954-926-0400 and Cell: 305-394-3429
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 81 ft 0 in
Beam: 21 ft 6 in
Displacement: 360000 lbs
Total Power: 720 HP
Engine Brand: Cummins
Engine Model: N14 360
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2200
Engine Power: 360 HP
Engine Brand: Cummins
Engine Model: N14 360
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2200
Engine Power: 360 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (900 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (6867 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (420 Gallons)
Number of heads: 6
"Whiskey Hotel" has been donated to AMIkids and is now available for an interest-free 3 year lease with option.
Contact Jeff Creary at HMY Yacht Sales, Inc. for more information. 305.394-3429
Powered with twin Cummins diesel engines(360HP). The vessel averages one gallon per mile when underway. The vessel was completely gone through in 2012 and every system has either been replaced, or updated including, new electronics and tenders. The refit included adding an additional on deck VIP stateroom, with en-suite head. “WHISKEY HOTEL” is very well appointed and boasts far too many upgrades to list.
Whiskey Hotel sleeps 10 in 5 cabins which includes a full beam master.
The main deck level has entry into the salon from the aft deck sliding water tight door or from the starboard side entry via sliding water tight door into the galley. As you enter the salon from the aft deck you have a wet bar to starboard and a very elegant L-shape couch with marble table to port.
As you continue forward, you have a custom inlaid marble dining table that sits 6-8 people. The galley has granite counter tops and the cabinetry is cherry with solid wood drawers. The galley sole is granite tiles. Forward of the galley is an on deck VIP stateroom with its own ensuite head.
Access to the below deck staterooms is just forward of the galley on the starboard side. At the base of the stairs you will find a yachtsman’s desk along with additional freezer and pantry storage. All the way forward you find the staterooms for crew or guests. The port side has a full size berth that sleeps two with its own ensuite head. The starboard stateroom has over-under bunks. There is an additional guest stateroom to port which has its own walk around queen size bed and ensuite head. As you proceed aft you enter the master stateroom which is full beam. Entry to the utility room and engine room is through a water tight door.
Access to the upper deck and pilot house is just forward of the galley on the starboard side. At the top of the steps you will find the pilot house that boast new electronics that were installed in 2012. The pilot house is appointed with a settee, head and additional berth for long passages. Just aft of the pilot house is the upper deck. The aft deck is covered with a white sunbrella awning that is support by a stainless steel frame. The cover is removable. The upper deck is appointed with teak chairs, tables and lounges.
Entry to the salon from the aft deck is through a freeman water tight sliding door. The spaciousness of this elegant salon is apparent upon entry.
- 42" Hitachi HD flat screen TV
- Toshiba DVD player multi format
- Technics AV control stereo receiver SA GX505
- Whirlpool Gold ice maker
- SubZero wine storage fridge
- Tundra small fridge
- Granite counter
- Stainless Steel sink
Forward of the main salon on portside. Galley is separated from the salon by a granite counter that serves as a breakfast or buffet service bar with 3 stainless steel custom bar stools. The countertops are granite and the cabinetry is finished in Canadian Cherry with solid wood drawers. Galley sole is granite tiles.
- SubZero Refrigerator
- SubZero Drawer Freezer (4)
- Miele Stainless Steel Dishwasher
- GE Profile Stainless Steel Microwave Oven
- Thermadore Stove with Stainless Steel pot securing system
- Thermadore Stainless Steel Oven
- Kitchenaid Stainless Steel compactor
- Stainless Steel double sinks
- Grohe SS faucet & Hose
- Whirlpool gold Ice Maker
Oversized amidships full beam master with a center line king bed that has a custom upholstered headboard with mirrored ceiling. Starboard and side is a hanging locker and large bank of dresser drawers. Built in A/V center and his and hers walk in closets. Portside there is another large bank of dresser drawers.
- King size bed
- (2) Cedar lined walk-in closets
- (2) Built-in chest of drawers
- Sturdily built safe under false floor
- (2) Portholes
- (2) Nightstands
- Hitachi 42" HD TV monitor interfaced to KVH sat/Direct TV
- Kenwood Sovereign 600 watt AV receiver
- Kenwood Sovereign 403 Disk DVD/CD changer
- Samsung multi-format Seacam, PAL, NTSC VCR/tuner for worldwide compatibility
- Surgex lightning/transient protection system
- (5) ceiling mounted speakers
- Headhunter Royal flush toilet
- Walk-in large shower
- Granite vanity w/drawers
- Grohe fixtures
- The starboard side companionway from the galley leads to an on deck guest stateroom with ensuite head. There is a bookcase with drawers and cabinets to starboard as you enter this stateroom.
- 42" TV & DVD player
LOWER DECK ACCOMODATIONS
Stairway down from the galley leads to a yachtsman’s desk area with additional freezer and pantry storage
This stateroom is well suited for crew with a portside cabin with ensuite head. To starboard is a over-under bunk bed.
GUEST CABIN VIP
This large VIP stateroom is on the port side just forward of the master stateroom. It features a queen sized walk around bed with generous storage including hanging lockers. Ensuite luxury head.
- Queen size bed
- 17" LCD TV
- 120w AV receiver interfaced to KVH sat receiver
- (2) ceiling mounted speakers
- 15' RIB 50 HP Yamaha
- 12' RIB 25 HP Yamaha
- Steelhead Marine CT 1500 Hydraulic Davit
- (2) Maxwell 6500 Capstan Windlasses
- (2) Maxwell Dual auto anchor 500C auto raise w/ lower controls
- (2) Bruce 150kg anchors w/2x400' of 5/8" high test chain
- Maxwell 3500 stern anchor Capstan Windlass w/anchor & 200' of 3/8" chain
UPPER EXTERIOR DECK
The Pilothouse has full walk-around decks and a Portuguese bridge forward. Aft of the wheelhouse is a fully covered area with a white Sunbrella awning secured by a sturdy removable stainless steel frame. (2) Givens buoy life rafts mounted for quick release on both port and starboard sides of Pilothouse. Electric Davit 250lbs for deployment of small equipment from this deck.
- (2) Wing engine controls
- Teak deck furniture
- Integral spot lights fore and aft
- Outdoor speakers
Self-righting capabilities. The deckhouse and pilothouse are reinforced to withstand a rollover. All windows and ports are Diamond Sea glaze 1/2" tempered glass. Insulation average 2" sprayed Eurathane foam, Safethane-40, 1" Ure-K fiber fire barrier. All steel is mild, wheel abraded and pre-weld primed prior to delivery; quality is Llyods A36 or better. Caprails and scuppers are stainless steel. Whiskey Hotel can sit on her own bottom on the bilge keels which provide passive stabilization as well as protecting the 12 square foot fins on the active stabilization system.
- Bottom plating 5/16" or greater
- Other plating 1/4-3/16"
- Bulbous bow, 1/2 - 3/4" plate
- 6" thick Keelplate extends from bow to skeg
- Props enclosed in steel sponsons
- Hose clamps 316SS
- Grab rails 316 SS
- Hawsers 316 SS
- Bollards polished 316 SS
Access to a large "garage" from swim platform though two freeman deck hatches.
- Eight foot overhead height
- Custom rack for storage of 6 scuba tanks
Entry into the utility room is through starboard and side aft solid cherry wood door. The access to the engine room is through the utility room. The utility room has two water tight doors making it a water tight compartment.
Watertight door entry into the engine room provides separation of master from engine room. Ship's main fire pump and hose can be used as a bilge pumping system.
- Electrical distribution panels & switches
- ASEA power converter for 50Hz/60Hz
- (2) Trace 2.5Kw inverters w/battery chargers
- Main ships switch panels 240VAC, 120VAC, 24VDC by Paneltronics
- HE Clothes Dryer - New 2014
- HE Clothes Washer - New 2014
- Headhunter toilet
- Stainless Steel sink
PILOTHOUSE AND ELECTRONICS
Stairwell leads up from on deck guest stateroom. There are Freeman watertight sliding doors on the port and starboard sides of the pilothouse accessing oversized walkaround side decks, as well as a Freeman watertight sliding door leading to the aft deck Everything about this pilothouse is spectacular. All inclusive, easily accessed electronics with multiple redundancies and a navigation station. Backups for all bridge equipment including autopilot and radios. Large chart table; chart drawers are self-closing. Elevated settee for 6 with granite table aft of double helm seat. To starboard aft is a desk which converts to a berth. Suede ceiling w/ss handrail extending aft to rear. Day head with granite countertop, ss sink, and head.
- Nobeltec 4KW radar interfaced to Nobeltec "Admiral" Nav software in helm PC
- Pentium IV 2 GIG Hz PC at helm for use w/Furuno & Nobeltec radar w/Nobeltec Admiral software
- (2) Robertson AP50 autopilots w/separate pumps
- Sensor with upgraded I Simrad
- Weather software and system with Helix antenna
- GB 33 Furuno GPS
- Bow Thruster control
- Interphase Twinscope Depth Finder w/forward and midship senders
- Glendinning Main Engine Controls w/idle adjust transfer & sync
- Carlisle & Fitch Search light control
- 24V & 12V switch panels by Paneltronics
- Onan Generator start/stop controls
- Watermaker controls
- Wesmar Electronic Gyrostabilizer controls Simrad Wind Direction & Speed
- (2) Simrad rudder angle indicators
- (2) Floscan systems
- Simrad R135 Rudder angle indicator w/alarm
- Jabsco searchlight control
- (2) Analog engine gauges
- (2) Big Bay bright screen monitors switchable between radars, computer, & SAT TV
- (4) Racor remote fuel filter alarms
- Double Stidd helm chair w/integral autopilot "joystick" & remote VHF mic
- KVH Tracvision G8 Satellite TV antenna
- All new MORAD VHF/SSB & Cellular antenna 2006Custom RF relay based lightning protection system for SSB & VHF radios
- Switchable speakers for all radios
- ICOM IC 756 Pro II Shortwave SSB Transceiver
- (2) Standard Horizon Spectrum VHF
- ICOM ICM802 HF Marine VHF
- (6) ceiling mounted hi-fi speakers w/wall controls for each
- Jensen MDC 9645W CD/Cassette/AM/FM Tuner
Additional new electronics added in 2012:
- Furuno GP33 color GPS
- Furuno MFDBB Navnet 3D Black Box processor
- Furuno MCU001 Black Box control unit
- Furuno MPU001 Processor
- Furuno DRS6A Navnet 3D 6KW 4' open array with 15M cable
- Furuno RSB118-093 6KW gear box for DRS6A radar system
- Furuno XN12/4 49 antenna
- Furuno 000-167-636 15M cable
- Furuno BBWX2 Sirius weather for Navnet 3D
- Furuno FA50 Class B AIS
- Airmar PB200 weather station
- Airmar WS2-C10 10M cable
- Iridium hand held Sat with full internet capabilities
Whiskey Hotel is enclosed in a "Faraday Shield" protection from lightning strikes. She has numerous systems including disconnecting radio frequency (RF relays) that switch the antennae from the various radios to ground. Instead of the usual fiberglass antennas "Whiskey Hotel" has all-metal (anodized aluminum) Morad antennas. The grounding RF relays and the MJF lightning arrestors make Whiskey Hotel as lightning proof as technically possible.
- (2) Onan 1800rpm 27.5 KVA Generators hours port 3223/ stbd 3640
- (2) Engine & Generator starting battery banks
- (10) D House Batteries
- Inverters in Utility Room
Access through master stateroom/utility room and large oval Freeman hatch with stairs from aft deck to stand up headroom sized engine room. With the large electric fuel pump and the manifold, fuel can be redistributed to the various tanks as ballast. Interior of engine room is air conditioned. All internal air ducting for vessel is fabricated from stainless steel. Delta T custom ventilation system.
- (2) Cummins 360 HP N14 Continuous Duty engines w/AIRSEP systems with 2200 original hours
- Racor Crankcase Ventilation/Filtration Systems on main engines
- ZF 155V Drives @ 580 hp coupled with vibration reduction "Aqua Drives"
- Additional "Aqua Drives" to shafts to reduce further vibration
- SS fuel manifold system and fuel filter/polishing system
- Perfect Filtrations Systems Fuel Filtering system
- Kobelt steering system
- (2) Main hydraulic pumps are gear driven
- Halon fire suppression system
- REVERSO oil change system for main engines, generators & transmissions
- (2) Dolphin water maker 1500gpd& 1200gpd
- CPF6020-1 20gl HP Air Compressor
- (2) New 5 ton AC domestic chilled water system (New 10/13)