- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Tortola, British Virgin Islands
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 595,000
A MAGNIFICENT SAILING YACHT - DESIGNED BY RON HOLLAND
The Designer Ron Holland has long been designing swift, large and luxurious sailing yachts. He may be best known for his superyachts such as Mirabella V and Ethereal. His involvement with Trintella began in 1994 leading to his designing the Trintella 42, 47, 50, 55 and 65.
Voted "Luxury Yacht of the Year 1998" by Cruising World magazine, the thoroughbred Trintella 47 - hand built by the highly respected Trintella shipyard in the Netherlands - demonstrates the absolute finest in traditional craftsmanship embodied in a modern yacht. Combining luxurious cruising comfort with exciting performance, the Trintella 47's track record for long ocean voyages has established her as a true bluewater cruiser capable of safe and fast passage making.
Trintella built more than 1,400 fine oceangoing yachts in over 50 years.
The Trintella 47 is very easy to sail with power winches, twin headsails (a self-tacker and a genoa) both with furlers and a LeisureFurl in boom furling main. Ideal for a couple.
On deck, the twin cockpit layout allows you to enjoy sailing the yacht from the aft cockpit and in foul weather from the safety and comfort of the forward cockpit with “Cuddy”. The Cuddy is built integral to the hull, providing excellent safety and visibility that a mere dodger cannot provide. This area can be completely enclosed. And you can drive the yacht from here with engine controls, autopilot and electronics. Whether dining, entertaining guests or lounging in comfort ... this may become your favorite room!
Below you will find very well done joinery not often seen in many yachts of this size. A luxurious yacht with comfort and many amenities!
The owners of Matilda have sailed her since new. They spared no expense when Matilda was built and during their ownership Matilda has been impeccably maintained with many upgrades. There are receipts for all upgrades with an estimated value of $200,000.
Following are just a few of her many features:
- Hall carbon fiber, custom tapered mast (New 2015)
- Standing and running rigging replaced (New 2015)
- Canvas replacement: Bimini & enclosure, sail & winch covers (New 014)
- North Main and Jib (New 2012)
- LeisureFurl in boom furling
- Power Winches
- Bow Thruster
- 2 watertight bulkheads
- Hydraulic Transom door makes a wonderful swim platform and opens to a large storage area
- Simpson Davits with extending arms
- Full walk-in Engine Room with work bench and Extractor Fan
- Onan 9 kw Generator
- Reverse cycle Heat/Air
- and so much more ...
Matilda is ready to take you anywhere in the world you dream of going. For more details read the full specs or call us now.
Please contact Sharon and Jack Malatich at (410) 971-1071
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Trintella Shipyard
Designer: Ron Holland
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 47 ft 3 in
Beam: 14 ft 9 in
LWL: 37 ft 10 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 4 in
Displacement: 35000 lbs
Ballast: 11000 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 7 in
Total Power: 75 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4JH3-TE
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2413
Engine Power: 75 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (135 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (135 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (45 Gallons)
The luxurious appointments of the Trintella 47 are both spacious and highly functional, with generous headroom throughout. Quality of craftsmanship is evident in every detail of design and construction throughout the yacht. Practical features abound, including; watertight bulkhead fore and aft and a heavily insulated walk-in engine room that discreetly houses a work bench and vice, a generator, water maker, and hydraulic systems. The light Ash wood combined with overhead hatches, ports and windows make for a light and bright interior. In the evening the many LED lights overhead and the track lighting along the Teak & Holly floor make for a warm and inviting setting.
The Trintella 47 has two large staterooms fore and aft (each with an en-suite head and separate shower compartment). The salon has comfortable seating for six and a spacious galley designed to be safe and secure in heavy seas. A comprehensively equipped navigation station is positioned on the starboard of the salon.
The guest stateroom is forward. There is a large double berth to port with a single berth built in above. Beside the berth is a convenient night table with storage inside. Under the berth are 3 very large drawers. At the foot end of the upper berth are bookshelves. On the starboard side is a good sized hanging locker, drawers and a locker with shelves providing plenty of storage.
Forward of the stateroom is a private ensuite head. Features of the head are: separate shower compartment which has an overhead light with exhaust fan in it, an electric freshwater head, a white Pietraluce counter with an elegant large molded in washbasin, lockers above with mirrors mounted on the front and 2 additional lockers.
The salons U-shaped seating is extremely comfortable. The elegant dining table folds in half to make a convenient cocktail table. On either side of the salon is a continuous pelmet behind which curtain tracks and concealed lighting are fitted. On the starboard side of the salon, aft of the nav area is a large counter. Above is the entertainment center with a built in TV and DVD. Numerous lockers and drawers are found throughout the salon for storage including liquor, wine, tray and glass storage.
The navigation station positioned on the starboard side of the salon, provides the perfect blend of form and function. In front of and outboard of the nav table is a wraparound console. (See Navigation & Electronic section for more details.)
Walk-in Engine Room
On the port side, aft of the salon, is a well insulated, full walk-in engine room. (See Engine section for more details.)
The spacious galley is positioned aft of the salon on the starboard side. Its layout ensures that you are safe and secure at sea in heavy weather. The cook is undisturbed yet not cut-off from the rest of the salon. (See Galley section for more details.)
The owners stateroom is aft and features a large centerline queen berth. This berth is split to accommodate lee cloths when required. Over the berth is a large hatch providing an abundance of light. On either side of the berth are comfortable settees with storage under. There is a hanging locker on the starboard side with a shoe locker below. On the port side are three drawers. Additional storage is found outboard in lockers and shelves.
The private ensuite head features: separate shower compartment which has an overhead light with exhaust fan in it, an electric head, a white Pietraluce counter with a large molded in washbasin, lockers above and below the basin and mirrors mounted on either side of the head.
Additional Features are as follows:
- Marina Air reverse cycle Heat/Air – 2 zone 16K BTU (New 2015)
- Headliners replaced (New 2013)
New blue ultrasuede upholstery
- Ocean Air Screens/shades
- Continuous pelmet behind which there are curtains and concealed lighting
- All interior lights have been upgraded to LED
- Swivel reading lights over each berth
- Strip lighting under settee and in galley
- Elegant bevelled glass fronted glass cabinet with etched Trintella logo
- Built in flat screen TV and DVD
- CD receiver with IPOD cable connection
- Speakers in salon and in fwd cockpit
- Lee cloths
- Watermaker 35 gph (New membranes 2015)
- Raritan 12 gal. water heater (New 2015)
- Raritan Atlantes electric fresh water heads
The spacious galley is positioned aft of the salon on the starboard side. Its layout ensures that it is safe and secure at sea in heavy weather. The cook is undisturbed yet not cut-off from the rest of the salon. A stainless steel handrail for safety is conveniently located the length of the galley. There is generous counter space which even extends into the salon and numerous storage cabinets. Inboard is a spice cabinet and built in wine storage for 14 bottles. Outboard is a portlight and opposite inboard is an opening port for additional ventilation and natural lighting.
Additional Features are as follows:
- Isotherm refrigeration and separate freezer. Both are top and front loading.
- Broadwater 4 burner stove w/oven and broiler
- Built in toaster oven
- Open portlight to cockpit
- Double SS sinks
- Extractor fan over stove
- Foot pump
- Custom dish storage
- Custom Trintella dishes
- 3 Cutlery and utensils drawers including cutlery
- Stowage area for large pots and pans
- Numerous other storage cabinets
- Gas shutoff
ENGINE & WALK-IN ENGINE ROOM
On the port side, aft of the salon is a full walk-in engine room. Excellent access and work area is provided in this well lit room. The door and room are heavily insulated to minimize noise. A convenient workbench, tool storage and 2 storage cabinets are located here. There is an air inlet and forced air extractor for the engine room. Additional access to the engine room is through a wide door on the inboard side of the galley passageway.
In addition to the engine, the main mechanical systems are mounted in this room. Both Onan generator and main engine have alarm systems and separate thru hulls and filters. Both utilize water separation for very quiet running. The feed and high pressure pumps & filters for the watermaker are located in the engine room. The freshwater Ecojet pump and oil transfer pump are also in the machinery area.
- Yanmar 4HJ3-TE 4 cylinder 75 hp turbo diesel engine (2413 hrs)
- Onan 9kw MDKA Generator (6933 hrs)
- Engine controls at helm and in forward cockpit
- Maxprop 20" variable pitch propeller
- Volvo Penta shaft seal
- Exhaust fitted with water separator
- Generator also has exhaust water separator
- Dual Separ fuel/water separator filter
- Oil change system comprising a dual direction electric pump and manifold to allow removal and refilling from either engine or generator
- Separate bilge pumps for both watertight compartments, sail locker and transom spaces
- Both the engine & main bilge areas have float controlled bilge pump
- Very large FEIT diaphragm pump that works via a manifold for engine and salon bilges
The electrical panel is located on the inboard side of the galley passageway. It has a protective covering.
- 24 volt DC system with several DC converters for electronics 240v AC system
- Onan 9kw MDKA AC generator (6933 hrs)
- LED light upgrade (all interior and exterior except mast deck light)
- Dockside AC power w/connection cord
- Mastervolt Mass 24/100 charger
- Mastervolt Mass sine 24/2500 inverter
- Battery banks include main house (brand new)
- Two Solbian 100 watt solar panels (mounted on top of bimini) charges house and bow thruster batteries with Blue Sea battery combiner
- 4 lifeline AGM 8D's in series/ parallel providing 24 volts @ 510 AH
- One main 12v Optima gel start battery
- 2 Optimas providing 24 volts for the bowthruster
- Main engine alternators for start battery
- Upgrade to Mastervolt 90Amp alternator and dedicated regulator
- Amptech with Xantrec 3 stage regulator for the house charging
NAVIGATION & ELECTRONICS
The nav station is positioned on the starboard side of the salon. The chart table is of ample size and has chart stowage below. Additional storage is found below the chart table and beneath the seat. In front of and outboard of the table are the navigational and communication instruments.
Instruments at the Nav Station
- Raymarine ST60 Wind/Tridata/Multi
- Icom M502 VHF
- ICOM M710 SSB
- Furuno NX 500 Navtex receiver
- Tank tender monitor for the water and fuel systems
- Custom display of navigation lights and their controls
Instruments in the Aft Cockpit
- Autohelm close hauled wind & multi display
- Autohelm 7000 autopilot control
- Bow thruster controls
Instruments in the Fwd Cockpit
- Raymarine wind & two multi displays
- RL80C radar display
- Second engine control lever
- Remote Autohelm autopilot steering capability
- Two sound speakers
- Remote VHF speaker
- Control panel for windshield wipers and deck lights
- Cable hook up with GPS data for computer hookup
SAILS & RIGGING
The Trintella 47 has a modern powerful rig with swept back spreaders. Ron Holland designed her to provide a perfectly balanced sail plan which is delightfully easy to handle and boasts the significant advantage of a self-tacking jib. This combination ensures a yacht which is a true joy to sail!
All control lines are led aft to the cockpit through a clever system of organizers and a large diameter SS tube (which also serves as a handrail) to keep the deck as clear as possible and to make it possible to conduct most sailing operations from the security of the cockpit.
A very large Sail/Chain locker is accessible from the foredeck via a large watertight deck hatch. There is plenty of space for sails, lines and fenders. There is also access to the chain locker. There is a watertight bulkhead immediately aft of this area. This area has its own automatic bilge pump.
- Hall carbon fiber custom tapered mast (New 2015)
- Stainless standing and running rigging (New 2015)
- Harken headsail and staysail furlers (New 2015)
- Forespar heavy duty vang (New 2015)
- LeisureFurl in boom furling
- Self tacking foresail
- North main Spectra laminate (New)
- North jib Spectra laminate (New )
- Hood main, genoa, self-tacking jib and storm jib made with Vectran (little use)
- Stowable staysail stay
- New spinlock XCS line stoppers for all lines (2015)
- Carbon fiber spinnaker pole
- Harken 44’s and 53’s, electric two speed winches with controls in aft cockpit
HULL & DECK
The hull is built extremely strong and is completed wrapped with Kevlar and E-glass. There are watertight bulkheads fore and aft.
Passageway along the side decks is safe and easy with wide unobstructed decks and an anodized aluminum toe rail.
There is a very large sail locker forward with a watertight deck hatch. This locker has ample space for sails, lines, fenders and cruising gear. Inside the sail locker is access to the forward chain locker. The chain locker is divided. Aft of the sail locker is a watertight bulkhead.
FORWARD COCKPIT with CUDDY
Trintella's trademark "Cuddy" is built integral to the deck and offers a high degree of comfort and security for guests and crew. The cockpit with Cuddy offers excellent all-round visibility. The seats and floor are laid in teak. Overhead lighting provides a wonderful ambience at night.
- Toughened glass windows
- 2 heavy duty wipers fitted to Cuddy windows
- Teak laid seats and floor
- Step down well provides standing headroom of approx. 6’4”
- Large hatch provides plenty of ventilation
- Drop leaf Teak cockpit table with drink holders
- Within the cockpit table is a SS drink well and drain
- Full cockpit enclosure with separate zip on panels
- Cockpit cushions with back cushions
The aft cockpit has been ergonomically designed to be safe and comfortable, while keeping all the main controls within easy reach of the helmsman.
- Whitlock 'Premier Reflex' steering pedestal
- SS guard rail around large aft hatch (fwd of pedestal) provides a good handhold and additional safety
- Convenient SS 4 cup holder close to helm
- Teak seat in aft port pushpit
HYDRAULIC TRANSOM DOOR
The hydraulic transom door lowers with the push of a button. The door when lowered makes a very convenient and easy way to board the boat or to use as a bathing platform. This platform is covered in teak and has a removable swim ladder. When the door is open, there is wonderful access to a large lazarette stowage area. For safety and added integrity to the yacht there is a watertight bulkhead. This area has its own automatic bilge pump.
- Removable bathing ladder
- Stowage for dive tanks
Additional deck equipment and features as follows:
Bow thruster, Sidepower SP 95 T supplied by separate Optima battery bank
Electric Windlass w/up and down controls
60 lb Stainless steel CQR w/275’ 3/8” chain
45 lb CQR with chain and rode
55 Fortress anchor, chain and rode in bag in transom
Double lifelines with gates (New 2014)
Bow pulpit (New 2014)
Harken 53 2-speed electric primary winches
Harken 44 2-speed electric secondary winches
Harken 44 manual winch on mast
Cockpit enclosure with zippered-in windows, to fully enclose the cockpit (New 2013)
Simpson Davits w/manual extending arms
Besenzoni passerell, aluminum, folding 10' with handrails, very sturdy
Stainless steel radar pole on starboard quarter w/GPS antenna & lifting bracket for outboard motor
Stern rail seats
Magna grill with deck propane hook up
- AB 10.6 hard bottom dinghy
- Yamaha 15HP Outboard (New 2010)
- Switlik 6 person liferaft mounted on stern rail
- Large capacity Watermaker (35GPH) with freshwater flush
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from S&J Yachts
Annapolis, MD, United States
Panama, United States
Annapolis, MD, United States
Portsmouth, RI, United States
Rock Hall, MD, United States
Rock Hall, MD, United States