- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Hayling Island, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 190,000 Tax Paid (US$ 234,441)
Southerly 135 - 2002
Lifting keel, Centre cockpit, Yanmar 56hp, 8 berths in 2 cabins plus saloon, full domestic and electronic specification, extensively cruised in the UK and Europe by her first and current owner.
Please contact at +44 (0)23 8023 0100
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 13.86 m
Beam: 4.11 m
LWL: 11.12 m
Minimum Draft: 0.83 m
Maximum Draft: 1.90 m
Displacement: 10478 kgs
Total Power: 38 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4JH3GWE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1623
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 38 HP
- Yanmar 4JH3GWE
- 56 HP
- Hours: 1623
- 3 blade propeller
- Shaft drive
- Rope cutter
- Large single rudder (excellent for close quarter maneuvering)
- Bow thruster
- Raymarine RL70C plotter
- Garmin GPS 128
- Raymarine ST60 multi display
- Raymarine ST6001 autopilot display
- Icom DSC VHF
- Autopilot display/control
- Raymarine ST60 speed - coachroof
- Raymarine ST60 wind - coachroof
- Raymarine ST60 depth - coachroof
Sails, Spars and Rigging
- Selden mast and boom
- In-mast mainsail reefing
- Furlex 200 furling system
- Selden rod kicker
- Scott boomlock (protects you from the danger of uncontrolled jibes)
- Double backstay
- Lewmar traveller
- 2 x Lewmar 48 sheet winches
- 2 x Lewmar 30 halyard winches
- Long genoa tracks
- Original mainsail 32.60 sq m 351 sq ft
- Original furling genoa 50.67 sq m 545 sq ft
- Furling gennaker
- Storm sail
Interior & Domestic
- Hot and cold pressurised water
- Eberspacher heating
- 6 foot plus headroom
- 240 sockets and opening ports throughout
- Plastimo Neptune 2000 cooker
- Fridge, stainless internal casing w/icebox
- Double stainless steel sink
- Huge under floor storage compartment
- Top loading coolbox
- Functional and light 'sociable' galley
- Windows throughout provide excellent light
- Stainless steel rail finished work surface
- Fwd facing full size chart table
- 'Captain' style seat on an adjustable pedestal
- Night light
- Control panel with individual component switches
- Large saloon table
- Converts to large double
- Settee which converts to two singles (bunk-bed style arrangement)
Forward Heads and shower
- Ensuite access to fwd cabin
- Sea toilet - holding tank
- Extractor fan
- 6'3" length double V berth
- Plenty of stowage (including a large hanging locker just outside)
- Aft Single Berth/Access to Master Cabin
- 6'6" length single berth
- Lee cloths
- Lifejacket locker
- Hanging locker
- Excellent engine access
- Battery isolators
- Very spacious cabin
- 6'6" Island berth
- Dressing unit with mirror
- Ensuite access to aft heads
Aft Heads/Master Cabin Ensuite
- Sea toilet and Shower unit from sink
- Extractor fan/vent
- Access to large walk-in storage
- Huge storage area
- Opening to cockpit
- Ideal for bike/tender/outboard/tool stowage
- Centre cockpit
- Teak decking throughout
- Sugar scoop transom
- Large folding stainless steel ladder
- Easy access onto spacious aft deck
- Hot and cold transom shower
- Stern rail seats
- 2 x lockers at stern
- Outboard bracket on pushpit
- 2 x large stainless steel cleats on stern
- 2 x large stainless steel cleats aft
- 2 x large stainless steel cleats mid-ships
- 2 x large stainless steel cleats on fwd
- Tall guard rails from stern to bow
- Stainless steel grab rail on coachroof
- Simpson Lawrence electric windlass
- 20m 9.5mm calibrated chain
- Stern Kedge Fortress size 12 anchor
- Starboard side windscreen wiper
- Wide sidedecks
- Jessail sprayhood w/stainless steel grab rail
- Harness lifeline jackstays port and starboard
- Deep and extremely safe cockpit
- Whitlock steering pedestal
- Thruster controls
- Electric keel raising and lowering controls
- Electric windlass controls
- 2 x Sony waterproof speakers
- Shallow locker
- Locker with access to internal walk-in storage
- Manual bilge pump
- Harness lifeline jackstays port and starboard
The Slack family wanted to celebrate the new Millenniumin a special way - build a Southerly yacht - learn to sail it - circumnavigate the UK. Fanciful? Possible! Doable? Done!! It took 10 years, but that became part of the fun.
Can a family manage to encompass this new hobby of sailing? Yes they can.
Learnt to sail in the Solent, venture round Lands End, up the coast. Winter in Penarth, Cardiff Bay (where 2 nights there were 10 on-board!).
Can a Southerly 135 reach Gloucester? Yes it can, then around the Welsh coast, through the Menai Straights to Liverpool. Winter in Glasson Dock, Lancaster.
Isle of Man looks tempting, then across to Dublin, Carlingford Lough and back to Whitehaven. 10 mitre tides, drying harbours, Morecombe Bay where the seawater retreats 5 miles - just what a Southerly is built for
Whitehave is only 20 miles from home. Must stay here a bit longer and explore locality.
Western Isles of Scotland. Remote! Exposed!! Stormy!!! FANTASTIC. Southerly well suited for these Northern lattitudes.....Round Cape Wrath, Orkney Scapa Flow, in and out of Loch Ness, and down to Amble, Northumberland for the winter.
Drying estuaries, fishing villages - adventure all the way to Ipswich (Yes Whitby has a cliff top abbey and lots of links to Captain Cook) and York! Well it's only 80 miles from the open sea at Spurn Point - big bridges, lifting bridges, swing bridges - all cheerfully open on demand.
Across the Thames Estuary, Isle of White then Guernsey, Alderney, Herm and Sark. Then a return to Chichester Harbour and Northshore Boatyard where our boat was built, and a celebration held. Winter in St Catherine's Dock, London.
What now? Back to Newcastle, up the Tyne and winter in Royal Quays
Mast off, motor to Edinburgh. Take the Forth & Clyde canal to Glasgow, past the Falkirk Wheel and the World's only sail through fish and chip shop. Down to Inverkip on the Clyde for the winter.
NB. Our versatile yacht allowed us to anchor, dry-out, use buoys, marinas, quaysides and raft-up on 176 occasions during our circumnavigation.
Now its the Mediterranean. first to Milford Haven, then to La Rochelle. Through the Canel du Midi to Gruisson, France.
West to Spain - Barcelona, round Majorca and back to Gruisson.
East to French Riviera, Italy, Monaco and winter near Nice.
St Tropez, Marseille, up the Rhone to Lyon. Up the Soane, then the Canel de Champagne to Epernay. Wow! We moored up within 100 metres of a cellar containing 2.5 million bottles of champagne!! On the Marne to the Seine. Stop in Paris.
"Remind me again - how many long distance ocean-going cruising yachts could achieve this?
Down the River Seine to Hornfleur and then Chichester Harbour to Sparkes Marina.
WANTED - NEW OWNERS to continue the adventures......for more details of this remarkable, versatile, safe and seaworthy vessel, book a viewing NOW!!
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
NOTE - Please ring our offices prior to visiting, as the boat may be unavailable for viewing or located at a different marina.
For a full, detailed specification and additional photographs visit our website at www.watersideboatsales.com
Other Boats from Waterside Boat Sales
62 - Ketch Rig Steel Yacht
Lymington, United Kingdom
2 hours North of Barcelona, Spain
SOUTHAMPTON, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Cowes, United Kingdom
Newcastle, Tyne & Wear, United Kingdom