- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Yarmouth, ME
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 219,000
Just completed in September 2016 a brand new Flag Blue Awlgrip job with varnished cockpit rails!
This Northern Bay 36 was completed in 2002 from a hull molded in 1999. A handsome sensible downeast styled boat with a two stateroom galley up layout.
This Northern Bay 36 is well laid out and set up for sensible simple cruising without numerous complicated systems yet providing ample ammenities and comfort including a Master Island Queen. Her single John Deere engine will provide fuel efficient cruising speeds in excess of 13 knots.
Please contact Spencer Drake at 207-846-4545
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 36 ft 0 in
Beam: 13 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 3 ft 10 in
Total Power: 220 HP
Engine Brand: John Deere
Engine Model: 6068
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2025
Engine Power: 220 HP
Cruising Speed: 12 knots
Maximum Speed: 15 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 (110 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 2 (400 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 (25 Gallons)
Accommodations & Layout
Comfortable accommodations for up to six in a bright and airy 2 stateroom layout finished in solid varnished cherry with varnished teak and holly soles. The yacht was finished by the original owner to a very high standard who took took his time (3 years) to do the job right! With her salon/wheelhouse surrounded by windows, (the side windows are sliders with screens and the c/l windshield is opening) as well as the 6 opening ports and 3 hatches, there is an abundance of natural light and ventilation. Equally abundant 12 volt lighting with several overhead dome style lamps and swivel style reading lamps at the berths and settees. When the air is a bit cooler, a "bus type" heater has been fitted to take the chill off.
Starting forward is the Master Stateroom featuring a 6'-10" x 5' island queen berth, below which there is storage in cargo drawers. Additional "bin type" storage is further forward. There are lockers and shelves overhead and aft and to port is a bureau with drawers and aft and to stbd. is a hanging locker.
Aft and to port is the Guest Stateroom featuring upper and lower berths with drawers under and a hanging locker aft in the stateroom.
Opposite to starboard is the Head with separate stall shower compartment, New Macerator equipped Groco W.C. plumbed via a Y-valve to the holding tank, small vanity with stainless steel sink and additional storage in lockers.
Up three steps to the Salon. To port is a companion seat and covertable nav. station and storage followed by the U-shaped dining settee which may be pulled out to make up a double berth should occasion require. There is storage under the settee in lockers and drawers. Dining is from a varnished cherry pedestal table. Access to/from the Salon/Helm is either from the c/l sliding door aft or the starboard side door by the helm.
Opposite the dining settee is the Galley with laminate counter tops, extensive storage and double basin stainless steel sink. Cooking is easily handled on the 3 burner Force 10 propane stove and oven while chilled foodstuffs are stored in the Norcold 12 volt/propane refrigerator freezer.
Forward of the galley is the Lower Helm with side door, full vessel controls, nav. equipment and electrical distribution panels.
The adjoining full beam Cockpit expands the living space. Extensive storage for deck items is found in lazarettes P&S and in an under deck locker aft that houses the 3 LPG tanks. A gently sloped stainless ladder provides access to the flying bridge and it is an easy step up onto the side decks with numerous convenient handholds for transit fore and aft.
The Flying Bridge features two New helm chairs and extensive open space for additional deck chairs should one wish.
Helm Stations & Electronics
Fully fitted out for coastal cruising.
- 2014 Simrad Radar Chart plotter
- Auto Pilot
- Raymarine ST60 depth
- Raymarine ST60 speed/log
- Icom M45 VHF
- 4" Ritchie magnetic compass
- Kobelt engine controls
- Kenwood AM/FM/CD stereo, speakers in the salon
- Kenwood 10 disc CD changer & cassette player
- Perforated overhead foam head liner for attractive appearance and sound deadening
- Xintex Fireboy electric LPG solenoid and detector/alarm
- 2 windshield wipers
- 2014 Simrad Radar Chart plotter on flying bridge
- Todd swiveling helm & navigator chairs
- Raymarine ST 60 Multi display
- Icom M-45 VHF
- Ritchie 4" magnetic compass
Wired for both 12 Volt DC and 110 Volt AC service. A 600 watt inverter handles lighter loads when off the dock.
12 Volt DC
- Distribution panel with breakers
- Volt meter
- 4 Group 31 Interstate lead acid batteries in 2 banks engine start and house/inverter. One battery changed out every year.
- 85 amp alternator
110 Volt AC
- 2015 New Generator (~20 hrs. reported)
- Distribution panel with breakers
- 30 amp shore power inlet aft
- 50' 30 amp shore power cord
- 600 watt Prowatt inverter
Cruising speed: 12-14 knots @ 1800 to 2200 RPM burning 2.5 gph @ 8-10 knots.
Maximum speed: 15-16 knots @ 2600 RPM.
Single Fresh water cooled John Deere Series 300 6.8L 6068 diesel showing 2025 hours as of (8/11/13) (rated for 20,000 hours before major overhaul).Kobelt dual lever engine controls
- Racor fuel filter with vacuum gauge
- 26 X 26 Michigan propeller
- ZF 2.5:1 reduction gear
- 1 3/4" stainless propeller shaft
- Potwarp cutter on shaft
- Dripless shaft seal
- Hydrostat hydraulic double ram steering
- Stainless steel rudder with hole for removing shaft
- Engine hatches fitted for ease of access and if need be pulling of engine
- 2" lead foam insulation
- Oil changed every season or when continuously cruised every 200 hours
- 1.6 GPH water maker
- Aquastar on demand LPG water heater
- 2 rule electric bilge pumps
- Macerator pump and deck pumpout for waste tank
- Bus heater for interior accom. spaced heat
FUEL: 400 gallons in two fiberglass-vinylester tanks
WATER: 110 gallons in two poly tanks
HOLDING: 25 gallons in one poly tank with deck pumpout or 12 volt macerator
Hull & Deck
Fiberglass hull with original blue gel-coat with end grain balsa coring. Solid fiberglass along centerline and at the rail edge and at all thru hulls. White gel-coat boot top and ablative red anti-fouling. The first two layers of exterior laminate were done in Vinylester resin for superior anti blistering resistence.
Fiberglass end grain balsa cored decks and house with two tone decks Awlgripped gray non-skid on white gel coat trim.
- Solid fiberglass keel; built down hull configuration
- Hull by Northern Bay - Downeast Boats & Composites in 1999
- Finished by Owner/Builder/Engineer to very high standards - launched in 2002
- Fiberglass and cored hull with all thru-hulls in solid fiberglass and bonded
- Fiberglass transom door and swim platform with folding stainless steel swim ladder
- Stainless steel bow rail; aluminum handrails
- Dark blue hull with original gelcoat, white boottop, red bottom, white superstructure
- First of two layers of hull have vinylester resin adder for blister prevention.
- Anti-fouling Interlux CSC bottom paint
- All salon windows and sliding doors are very high quality powder-coated aluminum and are made by Trent in England.
- Small amount of teak exterior trim on aft cockpit coaming, finished in varnish by Epiphanes.
- Stainless steel rails and teak treads on ladder to Flybridge
- Light gray fiberglass cockpit sole and side decks
- Two Todd helm and companion chairs at lower helm
- Stainless steel opening ports in trunk cabin with screens
- Flybridge is simple with two swivel chairs, a Venturi windscreen, blue bimini top, full engine gauges, compass, and GPS-Plotter.
- Powerwinch electric windlass used from foredeck only, and only powers the anchor up (powerwinch takes rope and chain)
- Screens for all hatches and ports
- Saltwater washdown aft and bow
- Aluminum sliding helm door on starboard side
- Opening center windshield
This Northern Bay 36 was completed in 2002 from a hull molded in 1999. She is a nicely finished sensible cruising yacht with comfortable ammenities and self-sufficiency for long cruises. Part of the sensible description imparts that the systems are not overdone with extra, seldom used equipment.
She should be seriously considered by those seeking a yacht that will be easily maintained but providing serious cruising capabilities.
Please note some pictures show a davit and solar panel which is no longer included with the boat. New pictures and video will be updated when launched.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from East Coast Yacht Sales
Marion, MA, United States