- View Full Specifications
Loaded and ready to cruise
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Ventura, CA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 285,000
This "second generation" Nordhavn 35 is well equipped and cruise ready. Call or email to get aboard!
Continually cruised during ownership with many trips to the Channel Islands.
November 2015 haul out and repairs: New bottom paint, new Shark line cutter, cockpit drains cleared, Honda outboard overhauled
Sanctuary is a second generation Nordhavn 35 that has been extensively outfitted as an ideal couples cruiser. Her current owners have just spent a great deal of time and money upgrading and restoring her and recently traveled from WA to CA. Sanctuary has proven to them that operating a trawler is fun and easy, now they wish to move up to a larger Nordhavn!
Jeff Merrill, CPYB (Certified Professional Yacht Broker) has extensive product knowledge of the Nordhavn 35 and was the sales person who helped order hull 11 when she was new. Jeff was also the project manager for the Nordhavn 35 and has extensive knowledge of this model which provides huge resource to any potential buyers. Additional photos and answers to your specific questions are available upon request.
Please contact listing broker Jeff Merrill, CPYB directly for additional information or to schedule a viewing appointment.
Mobile phone: +1 949.355.4950 – call or text
Toll Free: 866.748.5419
Please contact Jeff Merrill at 949-355-4950
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: PAE/Ta Shing
Designer: Jeff Leishman
Flag of Registry: United States
LOA: 35 ft 5 in
Beam: 13 ft 2 in
LWL: 33 ft 4 in
Minimum Draft: 3 ft 9 in
Bridge Clearance: 24 ft 0 in
Headroom: 6 ft 4 in
Dry Weight: 24000 lbs
Total Power: 350 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 6LYM-STE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1800
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 350 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: Plastic (165 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 2 Aluminum (295 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 Fiberglass (40 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 1
Number of double berths: 1
Number of cabins: 1
Number of heads: 1
Wind speed and direction
Manual bilge pump
Fresh water maker
Electric bilge pump
Shore power inlet
NAME: “Sanctuary” LOA: 35’4-3/4” BRIDGE: 24’0”
MODEL: NORDHAVN 35 LWL: 33’4” MAST DOWN: 12’6”
TYPE: Semi-displacement BEAM: 13’2”
BUILDER: P.A.E. / Ta Shing DRAFT: 3’9”
COLOR: Gray Hull (LP painted) with red boot top stripe and black bottom paint.
ENGINE: Yanmar 6LYM-STE 350 HP HULL MATERIAL: Fiberglass
ENGINE HOURS: approx.1800 DISPLACEMENT: 24,000 lbs.
RANGE: 400 - 2000 miles BALLAST: none.
SPEED: 6 - 10 knots TANKAGE: (approximate)
YEAR: 2002 FUEL: 590 gal.
HOLDING: 40 gal.
WATER: 165 gal.
Accommodations and Layout
The Nordhavn 35 features a roomy aft pilothouse with the saloon and helm on the same upper level. Down below there is a galley to port, a head with shower to starboard and the master stateroom forward. The cockpit is completely covered by the boat deck overhang and you can easily move along both sides of the pilothouse side decks up to the foredeck. There is a molded in swim platform with swim ladder and two cockpit doors, one aft and one to starboard.
Entering from the cockpit into the pilothouse you pass through a commercial strength Diamond Sea/Glaze Dutch door. The entire interior features exquisite teak joinery. Sanctuary has an L- shaped dinette with fixed teak table to port and a settee to starboard, with helm bench and helm controls forward. The helm station is an impressive console which provides and excellent location to install the navigation and communications electronics in a logical and easy to use and see fashion. The AC/DC electrical panel includes easy to read digital meters. The single lever engine control makes traveling underway and maneuvering in close quarters a breeze; especially since the bow thruster joystick is on the same surface.
A fold down chart top is built in to the bookcase aft to starboard in the pilothouse which provides an outstanding stand up chart table for paper chart navigation underway. The visibility in the pilothouse is exceptional in all directions.
Proceeding forward down four steps to the lower level you arrive first at the U-shaped galley to port. Lonseal flooring makes an attractive compliment to the Corian counter tops. The owners have installed a new American Plumber water filtration system and faucet. Directly opposite the galley to starboard is an enclosed head with separate shower stall.
All the way forward is the expansive master stateroom featuring a huge athwartship bed with access to and from on three sides. There is a separate built in reading seat forward and spacious hanging lockers plus a bureau to starboard with drawers. Batteries and inverter are located under the bed.
The chain locker with divider for two rodes lies below the anchor well and is accessed from the master stateroom bow locker.
The interior features excellent lighting throughout, much of it upgraded to LED. There are hatches and windows in addition to foredeck dorades for superior ventilation. The amount of storage in lockers and drawers throughout is exceptional.
The engine room is located below the pilothouse and accessed through a windowed door below the pantry locker – which features a Splendide clothes washer dryer. The pilothouse sole also has a huge hatch, which lifts up for impressive access to the engine room.
Outside and aft is a huge cockpit with a full-length overhang to keep you out of the weather. Beneath the cockpit is a spacious lazarette topped with a large hatch. The hydraulic steering, autopilot gear and hot water heaters are in the lazarette. There is a built in storage shelf aft for storing containers.
The pilothouse has walking side decks on both sides secured with 1.25” stainless steel rails. The boat deck above the pilothouse is accessed by climbing up the mast using folding steps. The mast has a radar arch and an assortment of antennas installed up top. The mast also has side ladders so you can climb up and survey your surroundings secure in the crow’s nest. You can store your tender on the pilothouse roof while doing a long trip. The mast and boom serves as a dinghy davit to lift or launch your tender from the boat deck and the mast has been engineered so that for going below bridges or to ship over land the rig can be easily tilted forward.
The anchor well forward is set up for two anchors with dual rollers and a secondary deck pipe. Two large bollards have been installed aft of the windlass and a large storage box has been fitted forward of the mast. There are foot controls for the Muir windlass and a seawater deck wash to keep the chain clean as it rides up from the bottom.
The only exterior woodwork is a richly varnished cap rail above the transom with a protective canvas cover. The current owner installed a Nick Jackson transom model davit in 2014 making it much easier to launch the 10.5’ Avon console tender with custom canvas cover and 15 HP Honda outboard. A new Fortress FX 23 anchor with rode is attached to a custom stern plate in the starboard cockpit locker. Sanctuary has a propane Seaward stove in the galley, with two propane tanks conveniently secured in the starboard cockpit sole locker which has a direct drain overboard. There is a complete canvas enclosure for the cockpit.
The Nordhavn 35 is an exceptional coastal trawler designed for an adventurous cruising couple. Her low profile and shallow draft allow her to visit isolated coves. The aft pilothouse design with helm bench seating makes for a very smooth and comfortable ride even in large seas.
- Yanmar 6LYM-STE 350 HP diesel engine
- Twin Disc transmission
- Aquatech 22 stainless steel propeller shaft
- 4 blade bronze propeller – right hand
- Spurs line cutter
- Wet exhaust with silicon high temperature exhaust hose to muffler – (new 2003)
- Dual Racor filters with gravity fed fuel system ( rebuilt 2014 )
- Panda 8.0 kW Generator (new 2013)
- Hynautic Hydraulic steering (new ram in 2014) with bypass and separate emergency tiller
- 5 HP Side Power bow thruster - electric
- Fuel tanks have sight glasses for level inspection
- Fireboy #MA2- 475 16 lb. fire suppression system installed in engine room
- New Morse control cables in 2014
- Custom fuel polishing system and manifold (ESI fuel polishing system, model CFS-1000)
- New Reverso oil change system (new 2014)
- Rebuilt Fuel injectors 2014
- New hoses and belts 2014
- Walker Air-Sep System 2014
- New PYI Shaft seal, saver and bonding wiper 2014
- Heat exchanger and turbo serviced in 2014
- 8.0 kW Panda generator in sound enclosure (32 hours)
- Xantrex Freedom Marine 2500 watt inverter with built in battery charger
- Link 200 battery monitor inverter control
- All batteries are Lifeline AGM and are strapped in place (load tested 2014)
- 30 amp shore power inlet for house and separate one for air conditioning
- (2) 50’ 30 amp shore power cords
- New Hitachi 80 Amp Alternator 2014
- Seaward Princess propane three burner stove and oven
- NovaKool stand up combination refrigerator and freezer
- Jabsco Quiet Flush electric fresh water head
- Sealand electric macerator for holding tank and deck fitting for pump out
- Shields Poly X odor free hose used in holding tank system, with a lifetime guarantee. (installed (installed 2014)
- 165 gallons of fresh water in 2 tanks
- Single lever faucets at head and galley, single lever mixer in shower
- Splendide Combomatic 2000 clothes washer and dryer
- New Tank Tender gauge (2014)
- Robertson AP-22 autopilot with rate compass and rudder angle indicator.
- Furuno Navnet GD900 chart plotter and day bright 10” CRT monitor upgraded to VX2 in 2014
- Furuno1942 Mk II, 6 kW 48 mile radar
- Furuno 941X 12 channel GPS receiver with 6” LCD display
- Furuno dual frequency 350 watt color LCD sounder. Includes: Fish, Depth and Temperature alarms.
- Icom M602 VHF radio
- Horizon Spectrum VHF radio. 25 watt output VHF with instant 9 and 16. Channels adjustable from mic. Interfaces with GPS for distress signal. Also includes a hailer mounted on mast radar bracket.
- Garmin GPS 120
- Raymarine ST 40 Wind speed and Wind direction indicator
- Furuno AIS transponder (2014)
- Ritchie compass with Nordhavn logo (adjusted in 2014)
- Samsung 24” flat screen TV forward in pilothouse
- Zenith XBV342 DVD/VHS Player
- Direct TV Box
- Globalstar satellite phone (not active)
- KVH TracVision M3 on Seaview mount (not active)
- Sirius satellite weather setup (not active)
- Toshiba laptop computer with Coastal Explorer
Deck and Hull
- Two tone deck - gray and white with molded in nonskid
- LP painted Forespar mast and boom with forward tending struts. Includes hinge plate at mast base, radar bracket stand, side ladders and Crow’s nest.
- Rule electric reversing boom winches with new Spectra line
- Muir VRC 2500-A Atlantic electric reversing windlass (including manual override feature) with foredeck foot buttons and pilothouse toggle controls
- 60 lb. Plow stainless steel anchor with 400 feet 3/8” high test chain.
- 22 lb. Danforth type anchor. 30 feet 5/16”chain with 150 feet 5/8” nylon line.
- Stainless steel custom fabricated dinghy deck chock mounts on boat deck with turnbuckle tie downs. Lifting sling for tender.
- Avon Rover 10’2” rigid inflatable dinghy with console
- Honda 15 HP outboard
- Exterior courtesy lights
- Lewmar deck hatches
- Crow’s Nest and ladder on mast
- Lifesling hard pack mounted in cockpit
- Force 10 barbeque with rail mount
- Custom PVC holding tank deck plate aerator
- Sea water deck wash down on foredeck and in cockpit (cockpit changed to fresh water in 2014)
- Sea water wash down in engine room
- Extended stainless steel protector on bow breast plate to avoid dings when hauling the anchor
- Fender storage racks
- US Ensign installed on custom varnished Teak Staff on caprail.
- New Fresh water wash down in Cockpit (2014)
- Coast Guard Safety Equipment including: Fire Extinguishers (recharged in 2014), Life Jackets, Discharge Plaques, Horn, Bell, dock lines, life sling, flares (new 2014) and fenders
- Cruisair Air Conditioning system with two compressors and two zone controls. Includes heat strips for reverse cycle heat in cold waters. 16k BTU in salon and 10k BTU in master stateroom. (2nd zone needs service)
- (4) Hella turbo fans mounted in interior
- Webasto DBW diesel furnace installed in lazarette (New 2007)
- Everhot heater
- Spectra DC Catalina 300 Mark IIZ watermaker – 11 – 13 GPH(New 2014)
- Deluxe beige leather upholstery on seats.
- Blinds in pilothouse
- White mesh see-through privacy window coverings on pilot house forward windows and saloon Dutch door.
- Sunbrella canvas for hatches, windlass, boom winches, dinghy and outboard
- Sunbrella cover for stowing dinette table when removed to sleep overnight guests
- Kenwood KDC-X579 AM/FM/CD stereo and speakers
- Weems and Plath clock and barometer
- RCA AC/DC TV VCR and amplified TV antenna
- Custom foredeck storage box
- Extra hand rails
- Spare parts, zincs and filters
- Fabricated "Get Home" Spinnaker with ATN Stock with ready to set block and halyard in place (2014)
- Installed "running back stays" for mast (2014)\
- Replaced original wire rope on dinghy davit winches with Spectra line (2014)
- All lights replaced with LED's (2014)
- Jabsco fresh water pressure pump
- Jabsco shower sump pump
- Groco toilet macerator pump
- Groco rebuild kit
- Hitachi 80amp Alternator
- Windshield wipers
- Honda outboard zincs, washout fitting,
- Filters, spark plugs
Sanctuary has spent several years in the Pacific North West after that her present owners cruised from Seattle to California. Her original owners transited up and down the east coast and wintered in the Bahamas for months on end.
Sanctuary is outfitted for extensive coastal cruising and when ordered she was equipped with all of the most popular factory options. Her present owners have added numerous aftermarket upgrades and enjoyed the trawler lifestyle so much that after all of this effort they have decided they want a larger boat!
Sanctuary is an exceptional boat and an outstanding value – she is aggressively priced to sell quickly! She is ready for an adventurous couple desiring a proper power yacht to safely and comfortably travel to more remote coastal cruising grounds.
Please call today for more details on Sanctuary and learn why after spending close to two weeks aboard, Power and Motoryacht’s Bill Pike stated emphatically in the December 2002 issue,
“Indeed, for a cruising couple, there’s no finer vessel on the market in my opinion.”
Appointment, showing, co-brokerage
Please contact listing broker Jeff Merrill directly to learn more and to schedule a visit aboard.
Brokers, this listing is available for co-brokerage at 50/50. Courtesy showings are available by appointment after signed co-op. Subject to appropriate licensing (CA/FL) where required.
Pictures in frames. Tools. Deck chairs. Salon lamp. Bedding and bed cover. Throw pillows and shams. Couch pillows. Cooking utensils. Fishing equipment. Binoculars. Personal books. Handheld electronics and owner’s personal items. Potential purchasers should realize that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this sheet, may not be included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be true and correct, but cannot be guaranteed.
Specifications and details of this vessel are provided in good faith for informational purposes only. Details regarding the specifications, operating characteristics and condition of the vessel have been obtained from sources believed reliable, but the owner and brokers cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or the condition of the vessel. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, capacities, consumptions and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided and agrees to instruct his/her agent or surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price and inventory changes and withdrawal from market without notice.
Other Boats from Jeff Merrill Yacht Sales, Inc.
San Diego, CA, United States
Unknown, United States
Stuart, FL, United States
Port St. Lucie, FL, United States
Channel Islands Harbor, CA, United States