- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Boston, MA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 104,900
- Sale Pending
Fabulous design, fast and easy to handle. Great family cruiser with sterling performance.
Many upgrades and impeccable maintenance. Best J 32 in the Northeast.
Please contact at (781) 631-3313
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Flag of Registry: United States
LOA: 32 ft 4 in
LWL: 29 ft 0 in
Minimum Draft: 6 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 0 in
Displacement: 10000 lbs
Ballast: 3850 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 48 ft 0 in
Headroom: 6 ft 3 in
Total Power: 27 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2002
Engine Model: 3GM30F
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 27 HP
Cruising Speed: 6 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 Plastic (50 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: Aluminum (27 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 Plastic (30 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 3
Number of double berths: 1
Number of heads: 1
J/32 #80 2002 model year with the following factory options:
- Quarter Berth option
- Slide-out Double Berth to Starboard
- Forepeak Teak Trim (Includes varnished forward bulkhead, teak ceilings in forward owner cabin, and full length teak shelves to P&S)
- All Teak Main Bulkhead and Door (varnished)
- Comfort Group (Includes five piece cockpit cushion set for helmsman, (2) cockpit seat cushions, removable varnished teak cockpit table w/storage bag, color coordinated canvas work of lifeline pads and mainsail cover to match dodger, (4) opening ports w/screens in main cabin in lieu of fixed)
- Spinnaker hardware package (Includes spinnaker halyard, spinnaker sheets, (2) Harken midrange spinnaker sheet blocks with U-bolts installed, tack line, snuffer deck hardware, (2) Harken 150 cams, snuffer block to mount on anchor roller)
- Marina Group (see Electrical)
- 3rd Battery
- Dodger handrail with SS supports
- Edson 44" Destroyer Wheel with leather grip
- Two tone deck
- Cove Stripe
Other options at initial commissioning:
- Ultrasuede fabric on all cabin cushions with premium foam
- SS vertical grab pole in galley
- Forespar combination Steaming/Deck Light on mast with SS guard
- Flex-O-Fold 2-blade folding propeller
Tankage & Plumbing:
- Fuel: 27 gallons
- Water: 100 (2 x 50) gallons
- Waste: 30 gallons
- H&C pressure water system with 6 gal. water heater (AC and engine indirect)
Sails and running rigging:
- Main: North Sails NorDac Radian NDR 7.5 standard tri-radial mainsail with 2 x 2 battens, 2 reefs, cunningham, trim stripes (2014)
- Jib: North Sails #2 (145%) NorDac Radian NSP 7.5 tri-radial Jib with UV Leech & Foot, RopeLuff Reefing Pad, TT windows, trim stripes (2011)
- Asymmetrical Spinnaker: North Sails G3 0.75oz Norlon Gennaker with Snuffer Plus, Tack Strap, sheets, tack line, and box turtle (lightly used)
- NE Ropes VPC main and jib halyard (2012)
- NE Ropes VPC jib sheets (2011)
- Sampson Trophy mainsheet (2011)
- Raymarine RN130 stand-alone GPS mounted on stern rail (2012)
- Raymarine e95 (9") HybridTouch Multifunction Display (chart plotter) with built-in GPS installed on NavPod at helm (2012)
- Raymarine e7 (7") HybridTouch Multifunction Display (chart plotter) with built-in GPS installed in nav station (2012)
- Navionics Gold charts (2013)
- Raymarine RD418HD (18") HD Color Digital Radome Scanner Radar on Edson pole in stern quarter (2013)
- Raymarine HS5 Seatalk hs (RayNet) 5-port 10/100/1000Mbit/sec Network Switch linking Radar and both chart plotters (2013)
- Raymarine ST60+ wind with masthead transducer (2012)
- Raymarine ST60 Depth w/ Temperature on sea hood
- Raymarine ST60 Speed on sea hood
- Raymarine ST60 Repeaters (3) on sea hood
- Standard Horizon Intrepid SC101 DSC VHF radio
- Standard Horizon CM-23 Remote RAM microphone in cockpit
- Raymarine S3 SmartPilot Corepack (formally T400) w/ Fluxgate Compass
- Raymarine Type II Short Linear 12V Drive below deck driving the rudder post
- Raymarine ST6001+ Control Head in cockpit
- Raymarine S100 Wireless Autopilot Remote (2010)
- House Bank: (2) West Marine Group 27 86 AH Gel Batteries (2011)
- Engine: (1) West Marine Group 27 88 AH Gel Battery (2014)
- House Bank and Engine starting battery isolated with West Marine (Yandina) battery combiner during charging. Manual switch to optionally combine both battery banks (2003).
- 120VAC 30 Amp Shore Power service w/50' cord
- ProMariner Promatic 30-3 battery charger
- ProMariner FS30 Galvanic Isolator (2011)
- AC switch panel
- (4) GFCI protected outlets
- LED running and anchor lights (2011)
- LED interior lights (2011)
- MarineBeam 12" 24 LED strip light over galley stove (2011)
- Martel QM100V Digital Volt Meter at switch panel (2014)
- Teleflex Rectangle Engine Hour meter
- Marinco 12V Power Port in cockpit (2011)
- Marinco 12V Power Port at nav station (2002)
Anchoring and Docking
- 22 lb. genuine Bruce with 15' 5/16" chain and 300' 1/2" NE Ropes rode with depth markers
- Fortress FX-16 anchor (10 lb.) with Fortress stowaway bag, 15' 5/16" chain and 300' 1/2" NE Ropes rode in large rode storage bag (never deployed).
- (2) Taylor Big B 10x26 fenders with new whips (2014)
- (2) Taylor 12" ball fenders
- 4' fender board with ends
Other enhancements and recent updates
- (2) 6" Herreshoff style S.S. cleats on transom for dinghy towing (2011)
- Edson 1-1/8" Angled Guard 58" w/SS top plate and feet at helm (2012)
- Oceanair shades on all portlights
- Secondary 2200 GPH electric bilge pump wired to master breaker panel
- Fire Port in engine compartment (2005)
- Racor LG100 fuel / air separator (2007)
- Kidde Halotron I (halon replacement) 5lb. Fire Extinguisher
- Chaney Acu-Rite Indoor / Outdoor Digital Thermometer (2009)
- (2) New cockpit cushions with EZ-Dri foam (2014)
- (5) stern cushions updated with EZ-Dri foam (2013)
- Sunbrella mainsail cover (2012)
- EPIRB (ACR Model 2775 406 MHz manual EPIRB with Low-Pro mounting bracket)
- Davis Echomaster Deluxe radar reflector
- Lifesling (full size)
- Lifesling 3:1 hoisting tackle
- Horseshoe Buoy
- Forespar WL-1 Floating Strobe Light (2011)
- West Marine Offshore Jacklines 35'
- Telescoping Boat Hook (53"-96")
- 1 Million CP hand-held Spotlight with 12V DC Power Cord
- Lewmar 10" OneTouch, Power Grip Aluminum Winch Handle (3rd winch handle)
- Weems & Plath Clock and Barometer in nav station
- Marinebeam Utility LED Anchor Light w/ dusk-to-dawn Photocell Sensor
- Sunbrella cockpit shade awning (2008)
- Sunbrella wheel cover (2003)
- Companionway hatch screen [Glebe Creek Screenworks]
- Magma Marine Kettle 2 gas grill (standard size) with rail bracket
- Mast Mate mast climbing ladder
- Bosun's chair
- Edson boarding step
- Danfender Fender Step
- Ditch (Abandon Ship) Bag
- Harken 1608 Snatch Block with Trunion
- Extra masthead wind transducer for ST60+ wind
- All equipment manuals
- Spare parts & supplies
- Mast un-stepped and all rigging professionally inspected 2011
- Head rebuilt 2014
- All maintenance records
Fairclough Canvas winter cover and frame
Life Raft (optional)
Winslow Model 60SLCC 6-person Super-Light Canopied Coastal Life Raft with Inflatable Insulated Double Floor, Heavy Duty Tripod Arch Tube, Canopy Mounted Strobe Light and (2) gear stow pockets in valise packaging. Winslow was rated #1 in life raft testing by Practical Sailor.
The Life Raft has been professional serviced only by Winslow Lift Raft Company, FL. Last service/certification: March, 2013.
Standard J 32 Specifications
Hull & Deck
• Ten year transferable hull blister warranty
• Hull & Deck molded with SCRIMP resin infusion and AL-600
Baltek balsa core using triaxial and quadraxial glass fabrics.
• Infused keel stringers included in primary hull lamination.
• 3,840 lb. lead keel strengthened with antimony and
designed for low VCG at draft of 5.9’ or 4.75’.
• Keel is bolted to hull keel stub with stainless J shaped bolts
cast into lead.
• White hull with single tapered boot stripe.
• Bonded hull/deck joint with PLEXUS and 3M 5200.
• ORC 1.25” extruded white toe rails.
• (2) stainless steel handrails on cabin trunk.
• Forward anchor/rode locker with padeye for dead-end of
• GRP molded structural main bulkhead.
• Molded dodger bosses to P&S of companionway.
• GRP molded seahood with integral instrument pod.
• Two lazarette storage lockers (one enclosed, gasketed,
drained and vented for single 10lb. propane tank) and two
cockpit seat storage lockers.
• Push button latches on cockpit lockers with line to secure
aft port lazarette hatch.
• Stainless folding swim ladder w/extruded treads.
Mechanical & Steering
• Yanmar 3GM30FC fresh water cooled, 3 cylinder, 27 hp
diesel engine w/80 amp alternator and Racor fuel filter.
• Cockpit mounted Yanmar “B” type panel w/tachometer,
push button starting, alarms for oil pressure, water temp.,
and battery charging.
• Martec two-bladed bronze folding propeller.
• Bronze shaft strut with cutlass bearing.
• 1” SS propeller shaft
• Edson engine throttle controls.
• 1” lead lined engine box insulation
• Muffler w/engine exhaust hose.
• Balanced rudder blade of unidirectional E-glass w/custom
molded GRP shaft turning on two aligned bearings.
• 40” Stainless wheel on Edson pedestal with Ritche
compass, wheel hub brake, and stainless guardrail.
• Aluminum emergency tiller.
• 100 gallons of fresh water capacity in two baffled
polyurethane tanks under each settee berth.
• H&C pressure water system w/6 gal. water heater.
• 27 gallon fuel capacity in aluminum tank below cockpit
• Fuel gauge mounted in cockpit engine panel recess.
• Henderson cockpit operated manual bilge pump.
• Rule automatic electric bilge pump system w/float switch.
• Marelon double clamped seacocks and through hull fittings
• Thurston companionway dodger with side curtains mounted
in splash molding with storage bag.
• (2) Lewmar 44 STC, 2 speed self-tailing primary winches
• (2) Lewmar 30 STC self-tailing halyard winches
• (2) PVC winch handle holders
• (1) 10” & (1) 8” Lewmar lock-in single aluminum winch
• Harken 271 triple sheave organizers to P&S on cabin top
• (2) Lewmar “Superlock” double halyard stoppers to P&S
• 6:1 Mainsheet tackle system with Harken (2) 028 fiddle
blocks 005 single and 045 single ratchet w/becket and cam
fixed on centerline.
• Harken traveler system with 1595 car, 5’ 1511 hi-beam
track, (2) 1516 control ends.
• (2) 1.8m Harken hardcote anodized T-tracks with (2) 1997
Harken adjustable pin stop lead cars.
• (2) diamond padeyes outboard of cockpit with two standard
Schaefer 0599 snatch blocks.
• Hall B-12 Quik-Vang.
• Schaefer Series 1100 headsail furling system w/control led
aft through (3) ss lined bullseyes to Harken cam cleat
mounted to port in the cockpit.
• Double lifelines to port and starboard.
• Double rail stainless steel bow pulpit & stern pushpit.
• Stainless stemhead with anchor roller
• (8) stainless steel double lifeline stanchions. With two
standard boarding gates.
• (4) Suncor 8” Bluewater mooring cleats, (2) 8” Herreshoff
style S.S. transom cleats
• Lewmar size 60 Ocean skylight hatch in forward cabin.
• Lewmar size 40 Ocean skylight hatch in main cabin.
• Lewmar size 10 Ocean skylight hatch in head.
• (4) Lewmar opening ports including (2) in forward cabin,
(2) in cockpit. (4) fixed ports in main cabin.
• Three polypropylene mesh line bags.
• 2 Plastimo PL16926 main cabin dorade ventilators w/red or
blue cowl interior finish
• Acrylic sliding companionway hatch with two part acrylic
drop board and stainless inside/outside opening hasp.
• Plastic companionway slider rails.
• 4’ teak flag staff & 3’x5’ US yacht ensign commissioning
flag w/socket welded to stern pulpit leg.
• Companionway ladder w/stainless frame & varnished teak
• Two deep cycle low maintenance gel cell batteries
• 3 Position battery switch
• Bass electrical panel w/circuit breakers.
• Navigation & steaming lights
• Bonding system
• (6) Imtra “Patty” chrome finished 10w halogen swiveling
• (2) combination red/white halogen dome lamps
• (1) red/white fluorescent lamp for the aft head
• Prewired for instruments with 6 wire, 22 gauge cable led
from nav station to seahood.
July 1, 2001
Mast & Rigging
• Aluminum mast w/double swept back spreaders, lazy jacks,
internal conduit, steaming and anchor lights, tapped hole at
masthead for large Windex.
• Below-deck ventilation holes milled into mast.
• (4) Schaefer mast mounted halyard blocks
• Aluminum mast collar w/boot and wedges.
• Aluminum boom w/8:1 internal purchase outhaul, vang lug
attachment, stainless mainsheet bail, reef sheaves.
• Stainless 1x19 wire rigging w/Navtec turnbuckles.
• Hall Rigging Co. running rigging & halyard package.
• Sailtec hydraulic backstay adjuster.
• Interior finished with varnished teak trim & off-white
bulkheads with varnished teak & holly cabin sole and
removable centerline bilge panels w/elbow catches.
• Choice of nylon interior fabric colors.
Forward Owner Cabin
• 6’6” forward V-berth
• (2) 4” cushions
• Hanging locker to port with storage shelf above.
• Drawer/cabinet vanity to starboard w/bulkhead mirror.
• Duffel storage access opening below V-berth
• Varnished teak main cabin door that swings outboard to
close off forward hanging locker.
• 6’4” Port & Starboard settee berths.
• 4” cushions w/single seats and split backrests.
• Pigeon hole storage outboard of backrests and shelves
• Varnished teak fold-down bulkhead table.
• Varnished teak battens along the hull sides.
• Varnished teak trim along cabin trunk to P&S.
• SS overhead main cabin handrails to P&S.
• (1) 16” SS companionway handrail.
• Off-white counter top w/teak laminated fiddle.
• Hinged lid chart storage w/spring lid support.
• Large drawer and two louvered cabinet doors under nav.
table for tool and equipment storage.
• Hinged instrument cabinet mounted outboard above chart
• Teak pencil/divider/rack.
• Two burner Force 10 propane stove w/oven, broiler &
• 6.0 cu.ft. icebox w/3-1/2” foam insulation
• Ice box drain w/manual shut-off in bilge.
• Wheat matrix Granicoat counter top finish w/large molded
single sink and recess for owner provided sliding cutting
• Chrome galley water faucet.
• Two utensil drawers and cabinet below counter.
• Rubbermaid trash container with flip lid access below sink.
• Pot and pan storage cabinet below stove.
• Raritan PH-2 head w/lever action to holding tank and
overboard discharge system.
• Bulkhead mounted teak grabrail.
• Grohe chrome extendible water/shower faucet.
• Outboard wet locker hooks.
• Mirrored Plexiglas inboard bulkhead.
• Toothbrush/Cup holder.
• Overboard head sump pump system with remote switch
• Double acrylic cabinet door below sink counter with TP
Storage Area to Starboard
• Locker door with direct access to storage from galley
• Off-white gelcoat finish on hull and deck
• Organizing bulkhead running fore and aft outboard of door.
• Comfort Group: Includes five piece cockpit cushion set
for helmsman, (2) cockpit seat cushions, removable
varnished teak cockpit table w/storage bag, color
coordinated canvas work of lifeline pads and mainsail cover
to match dodger. (4) opening ports w/screens in main cabin
in lieu of fixed.
• Systems Group: Includes: Forward cabin sink hardware
and cockpit shower.
• Marina Group: Includes 120VAC/30A shorepower
service with Pro Mariner battery charger, 50ft cord, AC
panel, and four GFCI protected outlets.
• Spinnaker Hardware Package: Includes spinnaker
halyard, spinnaker sheets, (2) Harken midrange spinnaker
sheet blocks with U-bolts installed, tack line, snuffer deck
hardware, (2) Harken 150 cams, snuffer block to mount on
• Forepeak Teak Trim Package: Includes varnished
forward bulkhead, teak ceilings in fwd owner cabin, and
full length teak shelves to P&S.
• Two tone deck
• Cove Stripe
• 4.75’ Shoal Draft Keel
• Slide-out double berth to Starboard.
• Seafrost DC Refrigeration System w/Addl. Battery
• 3rd Battery option
• Dodger handrail & S.S. supports
• All Teak Main Bulkhead and Door (varnished)
• 44” Diameter S.S. Wheel w/leather grip
Specifications are effective on Hull #80 and subject to change
prior to delivery due to deletions, additions or revisions in
quantities, brand or design at the sole discretion of J/Boats, Inc.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Hill & Lowden, Inc.
Unknown, MA, United States
Fairhaven, MA, United States
J 120, J/120
J 120, J/120, J120
Marblehead, MA, United States