- View Full Specifications
Lovely, well maintained
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Rosneath, Argyll & Bute, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Last Listed Price:
- £ 89,000 Tax Paid (US$ 115,113)
The Grand Soleil 40 is a superb yacht from the premium builder Cantiere del Pardo. A great all-round boat with lovely sailing characteristics. This boat is very versatile and is currently owned and cruised extensively with a young family and or the grand parents but she would be equally at home offshore or cruiser racing. "Sapphire" is currently set up to be easily sailed short handed, even the anchor can be dropped and raised from the helm via remote switch.
This boat is in great condition including the Topsides which are stunning in Awlgrip and she has an extensive, quality inventory. 8 berths with 3 double cabins rounds off a very practical and well kept boat. She will be wintering ashore at DRB Marine Services Ltd in Rosneath from 11 Oct 16.
We look forward to organising your viewing and answering any questions you may have.
Rhu Boat Sales, Michael Schmidt & Partner, Tel: +0044(0)1436 821606 - email@example.com
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ
Boats are available for viewing on PONTOONS, HARD STANDING (ladder access), on MOORINGS and in some cases FURTHER AFIELD. Please contact us before hand to check the location of the vessel you wish to view and any special requirements. If you are traveling a distance this is especially important in order to make sure the boats you wish to view are in their advertised location and available for viewing.
Please contact at +44 (0)1436 821606
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Grand Soleil
Designer: Massimo Papperini
LOA: 12.29 m
Beam: 3.80 m
LWL: 10.60 m
Minimum Draft: 2.15 m
Maximum Draft: 2.15 m
Displacement: 6804 kgs Dry Load
Ballast: 2495 kgs
Total Power: 40 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2002
Engine Model: 3JH3E
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Power: 40 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (370 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: (160 Liters)
A beautiful family yacht, much loved and admired. Sapphire has been extensively cruised around the West Coast of Scotland by our young family for the last 5 years. Sapphire sails extreamly well and is set up to be easily sailed single/short handed. She also comes with a full set of racing sails which have only been used by us at 4 weekend events in restricted sail class.
The electronics includes a Raymarine E Series plotter at the helm (another at the nav. station) and autopilot with wireless remote. Even the anchor can be raised and lowered from the helm via remote switch. All deck gear including winches is by Harken, which reflects the quality of the overall build. Topsides are stunning in Awlgrip (Awlcraft 2000) professional paint which is extremely easy to maintain compared to gel coat - Two washes each year, in accordance to Awlgrip care guide means she is always shining, no polish required!
Teak side decks and cockpit. Leather work to wheel and spray hood replaced 2015.
She can sleep 8 with 3 double cabins plus saloon and has Mahogany woodwork throughout with Blue upholstery.
General info. / Dimensions & Capacities
The Grand Soleil 40 is a cruiser designed by Massimo Papperini and built by Cantiere del Pardo in Italy. Outstanding sailing characteristics, build-quality, aesthetics and comfort make this one of the best 40 footers available in the market.
- Hand laminated GRP topsides using NPG isopthalic gelcoat.
- Termanto foam sandwich in deck construction.
- Teak decks, cockpit seats.
- Full lead keel.
- Deep spade rudder with stainless steel shaft hung on Solimar self-aligning bearings.
- GRP reinforced matrix.
- Solid brass contra-plates laminated into solid GRP areas of deck to receive high-load deck hardware.
- LOA - 12.29m - 40' 4"
- LWL - 10.60m - 34' 9"
- BEAM - 3.80m - 12' 6"
- DRAFT - 2.15m - 7' 1"
- DISPL - 6804kgs - 6.8 Tonnes
- BALLAST - 2495kgs - 2.49 Tonnes
- SAIL AREA - 85 sq.m (910 sq.ft)
- WATER - 170L in aft tank + 200L in forward tank
- FUEL - 160L.
- SSR NO - 99463
Accommodation / Goodies
The interior finish is to a high standard as you would expect from this Marque. The furniture is cherry stained mahogany coated with a durable polyurethane which is buffed to a gloss shine. The interior is in good condition throughout.
Forward cabin - Double 'V' berth with squared off foot, 2 x wardrobes, deck hatch, reading lights, full length hull side shelves and plenty of under berth storage.
Aft cabins - 2 x double aft cabins with hanging lockers, side shelves, reading lights and ceiling lights.
Saloon - 'U' shaped saloon seating to starboard with central bench seat. Lockers outboard.
- Upholstery in light blue Alcantara fabrics.
- Large dining table which converts to form double berth.
- Eberspacher DL3 heating system with outlets in each cabin.
- 20L Calorifier for hot water heated via engine or shore power immersion heater.
- 1 Kw inverter with 1240v sockets in each cabin.
- Alpine DVD / music with ipod connectivity, power amplifier, internal bulkhead speakers and waterproof Alpine cockpit speakers.
- Phillips flat screen TV.
Galley - Linear galley opposite saloon seating to port, utilizing the central seat back for bracing whilst cooking at sea. Ample work surface and plenty of storage for provisions and galley equipment.
- Double sink with pressurised Hot and Cold water system via mixer tap.
- Corian work surfaces for ultimate durability.
- Large icebox compartment with electric refrigeration unit.
- 2 x burner gas stove with grill & oven new 2008.
Heads - A good sized heads, situated to port aft, with marine flushing toilet, sink with pressurised Hot and Cold water system and shower.
Nav station - To starboard with large forward facing chart table, navigators seat, ships electrical distribution panel and navigation instrumentation.
Spars / Rigging / Sails
Sparcraft twin spreader silver anodised mast (Cruising Rig), keel stepped with stainless steel wire standing rigging, spinnaker pole track with slider, radar reflector and radar.
- Harken roller furling headfoil, lead aft to cockpit.
- Sparcraft silver anodised boom with stack pack and lazy jacks.
- Sparcraft solid strut vang.
- Sparcraft spinnaker pole with deck storage.
- Harken mainsheet track.
- Harken backstay adjuster.
- Halsey - furling Genoa.
- Halsey - Mainsail with Ronstan ballcars and full length battens.
- North - furling No.2 tri-Radial with foam luff.
- North - furling No.3 Tri-Radial with foam luff.
- North - Tri-Radial mainsail.
- North - Storm Jib.
- One Sails - No.1 Genoa - Carbon/Mylar.
- One Sails - No. 2 Genoa - Carbon/Mylar.
- One Sails - Mainsail - Carbon/Kevlar/Mylar
- Banks Sails - Spinnaker.
- Banks Sails - Cruising chute.
All halyards and control lines led aft to Spinlock rope clutches at main hatch. Single line reefing for cruising mainsail.
- Harken 48.2 ST Winches for genoa sheets
- Harken 44-2 ST Halyard winches
- Harken 44.2 ST Spinnaker winches
- Harken cockpit-adjustable genoa sheet cars.
- Foreward, Midship and aft mooring cleats
- Outboard engine support
- Bruce stainless steel anchor.
- Delta 16kg galvanised anchor.
- 45m chain in large chain locker (can accommodate more chain and anchor too).
- Lofrans electric anchor windlass with handheld controls plus switch to helm position.
- Fenders & Mooring lines.
- Winch handles.
- Raymarine E80 chart plotter with colour multifunction display at binnacle.
- Raymarine E80 chart plotter with colour multifunction display at chart table.
- Raymarine 6001 Autopilot.
- Raymarine ST 60 depth sounder
- Raymarine ST 60 speed/log
- Raymarine ST 60 wind/speed
- ICS Navtex
- Simrad RD68 DSC VHF
- ICOM hand held VHF
Yanmar 3JH3E, 40 hp, 3cyl diesel engine with saildrive and morse engine controls.
- Saildrive seal/gaiter replaced 2015.
- Serviced and 2 x oil changes per year.
- 16" 3 blade feathering Max-Prop propeller with rope stripper.
- Rope cutter.
- Currently 2100 engine hours.
- 1 x 80ah engine battery (2013)
- 3 x 110ah domestic batteries (2014)
- Shore power with 50A Sterling battery charger.
- 1Kw watt inverter supplying 240v sockets in each cabin.
- Emergency Tiller
- Fire extinguishers
- Fire blanket
Michael Schmidt & Partner Ltd.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.