- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Kip Marina , Renfrewshire, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Last Listed Price:
- £ 58,500 Tax Paid (US$ 72,891)
Dufour 38 Classic, designed by Olivier Poncin. A truly classic sailing yacht with great performance and a practical well laid out interior giving that home from home feel.
This Dufour 38C has had one owner from new, is extremely well presented and maintained and her specification is well up to date.
A perfect example of how to present a boat for sale, very early viewing is highly recommended. This boat will be attending Scotland's Boat Show from the 14th - 16th Oct 16.
We look forward to welcoming you to Kip Marina. Boats are available for viewing on pontoons, hard standing (ladder access), on moorings and in some cases further afield. Please contact us before hand to check the location of the vessel you wish to view and any special requirements. If you are traveling a distance this is especially important in order to make sure the boats you wish to view are in their advertised location and available for viewing.
We look forward to organising your viewing and answering any questions you may have.
Roseann Sweeney Kip Boat Sales Michael Schmidt & Partner Tel: +0044(0)1475 529975 Fax:+0044(0)1475 529880 Mobile:0044(0)7990593158 email@example.com
Please contact at +44 (0)1475 529975
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 11.79 m
Beam: 3.85 m
LWL: 9.85 m
Length on Deck: 11.64 m
Minimum Draft: 1.90 m
Maximum Draft: 1.90 m
Ballast: 2100 kgs
Dry Weight: 6150 kgs
Total Power: 40 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo
Year Built: 2002
Engine Model: MD 2040
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Power: 40 HP
Cruising Speed: 6 knots
Maximum Speed: 7 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 (170 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (160 Liters)
Holding Tanks: 1
Dufour 38 Classic - Reviews
Hull and Construction
The hull is in white GRP and the deck and superstructure are also in white GRP with a non slip deck. She has a fin keel with lead ballast, a semi balanced rudder and wheel steering in an aft style cockpit.
- 1 x plastic fuel tank 160 litres.
- 2 x plastic water tanks 340 litres total capacity.
Accommodation comprises 8 berths in 3 cabins with 6' of headroom throughout and eberspacher heating in the saloon and heads. Finished in varnished Khaya mahogany wood with original Dufour blue upholstery which is in very good condition.
Forward cabin has a double berth in "V" with ample storage space in two lockers below. Port & Stbd lockers which both have hanging space and drawers and there is also shelving on either side of the cabin.
Salon is spacious and well set out making very good use of the space. To Stbd is a horseshoe shaped settee and table which converts to a spacious double berth with an infill. Wine stowage in the table. Double seat to Port of the table. The Galley is linear and to Port of the saloon and features an Eno gas cooker which has 2 burners and an oven. 2 stainless steel sinks with hot & cold pressurised water. There is a also two back up systems for water - sea and fresh water via a manual pump. Fridge with a 150L capacity and an integrated freezer. Ample storage space throughout the saloon in various lockers, beneath all the seating and plenty of shelves. Additional hanging locker to Stbd just Aft of the Navigation Station.
- Cabin lighting.
- Avtex 19" TV with integrated DVD player - 2010.
- Aerial socket.
- Sony stereo/CD player with Aux in socket.
- Plastimo clock & barometer
Heads are to Port Aft in the saloon and features a Jabsco toilet, washbasin and shower both with hot && cold pressurised water.
Navigation station, ships electrical panel and chart table are to Stbd Aft in the saloon.
Port & Stbd Aft cabins both with double berths and ample storage space in lockers which both have hanging space and drawers.
Volvo MD 2040, 40HP, 4cyl diesel engine with saildrive to 2 blade folding propeller.
- Fresh & sea water cooled.
- x2 blade folding prop (blades replaced in 2014).
- Engine saildrive seal replaced in 2014.
- Rope cutter.
- Various engine spares including salt water pump.
Spares include impellor, belt and various other spares for the toilet.
- 2 x domestic batteries - Platinum 12 volt, 72AMP - 2015.
- 1 x engine battery - Bronze GS 12 volt, 70AMP - 2015.
- Batteries charge via engine alternator 25ah 12 volts.
- Shore power & cable.
- The boat has also been fitted with 2 three pin sockets 240v and 2 x 12volt cigarette lighter socket which can be used to charge mobile phones and other similar devices.
Sloop rigged with Selden aluminium mast and boom with solid strut vang.
- Standing rigging replaced in 2013.
- Braid-on-braid running rigging - replaced 2013.
- Running rigging lead aft via rope clutches.
- Slab mainsail reefing - single line reefing, led aft to the coachroof winches via rope clutches.
- Furlex 200s, roller furling headfoil, new 2013.
- Spinnaker gear: pole by Z Saprs, uphaul/downhaul.
- Main - Nicolson Hughes 2008.
- Main - North 2002.
- No1 Jib - North - 2002.
- No2 Jib - Nicolson Hughes - 2008. Pentex cruising laminate.
- No3 Jib - Nicolson Hughes - 2013.
- Storm Jib - Nicolson Hughes - 2002 - unused.
- Spinnaker - Nicolson Hughes - 2003 - Barely used.
Easily navigated wide side decks and foredeck which is secured by a stainless steel pulpit, stainless steel stanchions and double stainless steel guard wires and stainless steel quarter pushpits. Port & Stbd gates.
- Double bow roller.
- 45lb CQR anchor with 60m chain.
- 16kg Brittany anchor with 25m chain and 35m warp.
- 1000 watt electric windlass with warping drum and foot controls.
- 6 mooring cleats.
- 15 fenders.
- Various warps.
- 12 rope clutches.
- Winter cockpit cover.
- Cockpit canopy.
- Spray dodgers.
- Deck shower (needs connecting)
- 2 x Lewmar 48 two speed self tailing manual primary winches.
- 2 x Lewmar 35 two speed self tailing manual halyard winces.
- Winch handles.
All instruments can be read from either the chart table or steering position.
- Raymarine e125 touch screen plotter - Lighthouse version 8 software - 2014.
- Raymarine autopilot - 2002.
- Raymarine DSC VHF radio - 2014.
- Raymarine ST60 Echosounder - 2002.
- Raymarine ST60 compass - 2002.
- Raymarine ST60 speed/log - 2002.
- Raymarine ST60 wind speed/direction - 2002.
- Clipper Navtex - 2004.
- Plastimo liferaft - 6 person capacity - Ocean safety - next service is due March 2018
- x8 flares - Expiry date: Dec 2017
- x1 manual bilge pump
- x1 electric bilge pump
- Fire blanket
- 6 fire extinguishers including automatic engine compartment extinguisher.
- Gas detector.
- Gas safety certificate dated 6 Apr 16.
- 6 harness points.
- 2 lifebuoys.
- Navlights: Anchor, Tri-colour, steaming, port & starboard stern & deck light.
Manuals for just about every piece of equipment on this boat are onboard.
Michael Schmidt & Partner are holding copies of the following original documentation:
- Bill of Sale to current owner.
- Declaration of Conformity.
- Builder Certificate.
- Warranty Card.
- Certificate of British Registry SSR.
- Original VAT Invoice.
Original gas safety certificate and 2 x certificates of Jonbuoy services are also held on file.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Whilst we make best effort to obtain documentation from Vendors it is advisable to check what is available before travelling to view or making an offer.