- Video Gallery
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Mystic, CT
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 159,500
VIRGA is an exceptionally well-cared, very clean and lightly used X-Yachts X-442. She has been sailed by her original owners only in the New England waters during summer months and always properly stored away for the winter months at a local boat yard.
We have taken her in trade on a new X-Yacht and have priced her below market value at an asking price of $195,000. We are now reducing that price to $ 159,500.
She is located in Mystic, CT at Mystic Shipyard where our office is. There is still time to enjoy the 2016 season, she will be in the water fully commissioned until early September.
Call BOB RODGERS: CELL PHONE: 860 625 3898
Please contact Robert Rodgers at (860) 536-7776
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 44 ft 3 in
Beam: 13 ft 7 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 10 in
Displacement: 21340 lbs
Ballast: 9460 lbs
Dry Weight: 21340 lbs
Total Power: 51 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2001
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 850
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Power: 51 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (79 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (48 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 8
Number of heads: 2
Working Sail Area : 1033.00 sq ft
Manufacturer Provided Description
The X-442 has exceptional performance and is both modern and luxurious. Fitted with a 51-horsepower S-drive engine, 3 spreader masthead rig, large-wheel steering and a practical, stylish interior. The yachts' wooden interior is built of teak with a hand-polished satin finish. All joinery is built in accordance with the best yacht practice, and the number of visible screws have been reduced to a minimum and carefully designed to show off the fine wooden interior. The innerlining has integrated dome halogen spotlights and blinds below the hatches. All windows and hatches are equipped with curtains. Handrails are fitted throughout.
The interior is of teak, built to the highest standards, with hand polished, satin finish throughout. All joinery is built in accordance with the best yacht construction practice and the number of visible screws have been reduced to a minimum and carefully designed to set off the fine wooden interior. The inner lining has integrated dome halogen spot lights and blinds below the hatches. All windows and hatches are equipped with curtains. Handrails are thoughtfully fitted throughout.
Companionway: Sliding hatch 15 mm plexi / Washboard 12 mm plexiglass. Entrance with shaped anti-slip teak steps.
Main cabin Port side: Settees surrounding the oval table with bar. The table can be lowered and form a double berth (+ additional cushion) in connection with the settees. Ample storage in lockers behind the large sofa.
Chart/Nav Station: Starboard of the companionway is the navigator's area, lots of space for modern navigation and communication equipment and the yachts switch board. In the chart table ample space for charts. Side locker for navigation equipment. Drawers below the Nav/chart table.
Galley The well-equipped galley has lots of working space; one refrigerator, microwave, Gimbaled 3 burner stainless propane stove with oven. 2 large/deep s/s sinks with mixer taps for freshwater. Pressurized seawater with tap. There is plenty of space above and below tabletops for food and galley equipment. Beneath the settee there is storage space.
Head/Shower units 2 saltwater flushing toilets covered by GRP lids. S/s sinks with mixer taps/shower units. Upper shelves with hinged doors. Soap and paper holders. S/s cups with holders. Towel hooks. S/s handrails. Floor sumps drained by separate pumps. Mirrors at hinged cabinet doors and at bulkheads.
Aft cabins Two large cabins ~ each one double berth; wardrobe and locker with shelves and a large shelf outboard. Cabins are separated by a sound reducing sandwich bulkhead.
Forward cabin : One double berth, night table and shelves the length of the berth. Storage in lockers, shelves and drawers. Entrance to the sail cabin is through the deck mounted hatch
Construction Details : X-442 has been built in accordance with the European CE-Certification and meets the requirements of the CE-directive 94/25/CE for recreational crafts. These rules require a certain minimum standard of hull and deck strength, structural bulkheads and stringer, keel and rudder and their attachment to the hull, safety and stability, engine installation, gas installation, sea cocks, manuals and documentation of all major installations.
Isotalic Polyester sandwich construction with biaxial E-glass fabric and reinforced triaxial E-glass fabric at high stress areas. Core material is 20 - 25 mm diviny cell with different densities. Solid laminate around keel, rudder, and through hull fittings. Marine plywood, varying in thickness from 16 - 24 mm securely bonded to both hull and deck.
- Wheel steering, s/s 165 cm diameter double spoke w/gray leather (new)
- Rack and pinion system transmission with very direct "feel"
- SUUNTO 165 mm compass on top of the pedestal
- Side chain plates connected to bottom frame
- Forestay chain plate and bow fitting with bow roller and loop for headsails
- Backstay chain plate
- Pad eyes for runners, spinnaker blocks and pole down haul block
- Anodized aluminum toe rail
- 10 s/s stanchions with bases
- Bow pulpit with red/green navigation lights
- 2 pushpits, flagpole holder, stern navigation lights
- Double s/s lifelines
- S/S bathing ladder: upgraded with additional steps
- Teak in cockpit, side decks, at cockpit seats, cockpit floor, aft seats, at bathing platform
- 6 s/s mooring cleats
- 1000 W Lofrans/Cayman electrical anchor winch with remote control
3/8" kedge line
45 lbs Bruce kedge anchor placed in selfdraining locker in foredeck; anchor/chain protection
1 mainsheet track 30 mm x 1850 mm
2 genoa sheet tracks 30 mm x 4300 mm
1 baby stay track 30 mm x 1100 mm
1 double Toulon ball bearing car for mainsheet with triple block system for traveller adjustment
2 Genoa car fairleads with stop buttons
2 Genoa car fairleads with double Toulon ball bearings/adjustable under load
1 double Toulon ball bearing car with triple block system for cockpit operation of babystay tension
2 blocks/stoppers for genoa car adjustment under load
12 Easy Lock Maxi stoppers
Genoa sheet winches: 2 x Andersen 58 ST
Spinnaker sheet winches: 2 x Andersen 46 ST
2 x Andersen 46 ST (Main halyard is electric)
2 x 10" double handles with lock
1 x 10" single handles with lock
Main sheet (1) 12 mm Spectra
Main sheet traveler
Genoa sheets (2) 12 mm Spectra
Genoa car adjustment mechanism (2) 10 mm Spectra
Babystay (1) 10 mm Spectra
Cunningham line (1) 10 mm Poly
Runners (2) 10 mm Spectra
All Sails are Quantum.
Genoa/Jib #1 Very good Condition
Genoa/Jib #3 Well Used Condition
Main Sail: New Condition
Full Spinnaker Excellent Condition
- Raymarine RC 530 color chart plotter: Display at Nav Station.
- Raymarine RN 300 GPS plotter @ Nav Station
- Raymarine Pathfinder Radar: dome on Questus mount on backstay with cockpit display at pedestal
All above displays are HSB2 plus series LCD displays
Raymarine ST 6000 plus Auto pilot: display at pedestal with remote control
Companionway entrance displays: (3) XT 60 for wind, depth, speed.
ST 60 Repeater at Nav Station
ST 60 Repeater at Pedestal
VHF Radio: Standard Horizon Spectrum with remote microphone in cockpit
Bose speakers in cockpit
JVC brand Radio/CD player with Main Cabin speakers
- X-YACHTS main switchboard indication diodes, fuses, amp and volt metres, fuel/water tank indicators
- 1 x 70 AH main engine start battery
- 4 x 140 AH gel service batteries
- Freedom Marine 20 Battery charger/Inverter, 2000 watts, 100 AMP
- Engine based 100 AMP/12V alternator
- Below deck
- All lamps are low consumption halogen lamps.
- Flexible chart light at navigation station110V sockets in each head, galley and Nav station
- Above deck:
- Deck flood light and compass light
- Combined red/green navigation light, stern navigation light and steaming light
- Shore socket located aft, circuit breakers (Thermo and short circuit) on shore supply, switch board mounted breakers for hot water, accommodation power and battery charger
- One manual bilge pump in cockpit leading from keel sump
- Automatic electrical bilge pump leading from the sump
- 2 separate electrical bilge pumps draining toilet/showers
HATCHES & PORT LIGHTS
- 2 size 60 575 x 575 overall size
- 2 size 20 412 x 267 overall size
- Entry hatch: 1 special 635 x 635 overall size w/lock
- 2 size 4 197 x 710 (left & right)
- 4 size 4 193 x 649
- 4 size 1 193 x 369
- 2 size 3 193 x 451
- 51 HP, diesel Yanmar 4JH 3E with S-Strut drive with folding Flex-O-Fold 3-bladed propeller
- 100 AMP alternator
- Diesel tank 180 Litres S/S, baffles, deck fill, water separator and shut-off valve
- Engine instrument panel integrated into the cockpit coaming and protected by plexiglass
- Single lever control – mounted on cockpit pedestal
MAST & RIGGING
- Sparcraft Blue Label silver anodised 3 spreader tapered mast (masthead) Windex with light, steaming light, and deck light
- Silver anodized boom, tapered, outhaul and 2 reefs with jammers
- NAVTEC hydraulic pump on permanent backstay
- Kicker telescopic type with block system
- Aluminium silver anodised spinnaker pole
- Track on forward face of mast for spinnaker pole car
- Standing rigging: Discontinuous rod rig, rod forestay, rod permanent backstay, wire babystay
- Wire runners
- Running rigging: 1 spinnaker halyard, 2 genoa halyards, 1 main halyard (new)
- Halyards are all of Spectra and has all suitable shackles
- Cold pressure fresh water, s/s tank with capacity of 100 gallons
- The hot water system 5.5 gallons s/s tank (80EC) heated by shore power 110V and engine cooling water
- Inlet through sea cocks for galley, engine cooling and toilet flushing
KEEL & RUDDER
Antimony hardened lead keel with cast iron top flange.
Rudder blade hand laminated triaxial E-glass.
97 mm q solid tapered aluminium rudder stock with 3 sets of welded wings.
Lower rudder bearing: 2 rows of needle beatings. Upper rudder bearing - single row of needles. Spare Emergency Tiller; Alloy - ready to fit the top of the rudder stock.
Steel Floor Girder
Made of hot galvanised TPS steel sections. The frame takes up the loads from keel, mast, and rig. Central lifting hoist attachment.
- Stainless 3 jet/burner stove with oven/grill
- Keel to hull joint glassed over and faired
- Spinnaker gear package
- Lazy jacks for mainsail
- Frederiksen ballslide system for mainsail (5 batten cars)
- Ballslide intermediate cars
- Profurl R42 roller furling system with blocks and leads through stopper to cockpit
- 2 mast steps
- Andersen 58ST primary winches (2 speed) – controls mounted at mainsail rail
- Andersen 46ST winches (2 speed) – cabin top and secondaries
- Andersen 46STE electric winch (2 speed) – cabin top
- Cockpit shower
- Gas springs on cockpit locker lids (4)
- Solid laid teak side decks (glued and vacuum bagged to deck)
- Teak stern rail seats
- Custom pedestal guard with larger S/S bracket plate for repeaters
- Wheel cover: navy Sunbrella (new)
- Folding cockpit table
- Spring line cleats, port and starboard
- Anchor, Bruce – 45 lbs
- Saltt water washdown
Gates in lifelines, midships
110V outlets (6) at galley, chart table, forward and aft heads, starboard aft and owners cabin
Link 1000 battery monitor
Upgrade battery charger to Freedom 20 Combi inverter w/ Freedom remote & echo charger
Upgrade battery system to four 140AH gel cells for house service in lieu of four 70AH
Electrical panel, 12V, upgrade to circuit breakers
Engine panel upgrade to "C" type with gauges and hour meter
Propane system - US system
Isotherm cold plate refrigeration upgrade
Holding tank, aft head with deck fitting
Holding tank, forward head with deck fitting
Electric macerator (new) in lieu of gusher pump for holding tanks with momentary switch in head (2)
Ballvalve. Y-type for direct overboard or into holding tank (2)
Tankwatch 3 Lights for holding tanks, mounted in the heads (2)
Cushion for main salon table (folding) to make double berth
Custom upholstery fabric in aft cabins and owner’s cabin.
Custom upholstery fabric in main salon, including double berth cushion
Folding navy blue canvas dodger with zip-in matching Bimini cloth to cover cockpit area
Teak cabin hull liner from shelf to berth in aft and owner’s cabins
Microwave oven installed in galley overhead cabinet/concealed when not in use
Boom cover in navy blue canvas
Three blade Flex-O-Fold propeller 22x15
Tricolor/all white masthead lights
30 meter anchor chain 3/8", plus 3/8" x 200’+ anchor rode
Stainless bow protector plate for anchor
Screens for ports
Hand-held shower heads with on/off switch
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Rodgers Yacht Sales LLC
Unknown, United States
Unknown, FL, United States
Stonington, CT, United States
Unknown, United States
Unknown, NY, United States
Mystic, CT, United States