- Video Gallery
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Bass Harbor, ME
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 460,000
SEAFORTH is without question one of the finest Morris 46’s built. The current owners were involved with every aspect of the build with a focus on producing the perfect bluewater cruiser. She has been used seasonally in the Northeast and always stored in a heated building and maintained to the highest standards by Morris Yachts, with all recommended maintenance performed. She was featured in the last edition of Ferenc Mate’s book The World’s Best Sailboats. Once on board it is easy to see why. She has a wonderful herreshoff-style interior with rich gloss-varnished mahogany trim, sure to impress even the most discerning sailor. If you are looking for the ultimate sailboat capable of world-wide sailing then look no further.
The Morris 46 has the reputation of being an extremely comfortable and capable cruising sailboat that combines great performance with all the amenities required for a weekend cruise, a transatlantic, or a global voyage. With two cabins, a spacious galley, a sea-friendly cockpit, and a bowthruster (to name a few) this Morris 46 is hard to beat. PRICE REDUCED FOR QUICK SALE!!
Please contact James Allen at 207-244-5509
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 45 ft 11 in
Beam: 12 ft 9 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 6 in
Displacement: 24000 lbs
Ballast: 8200 lbs
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Fresh Water Tanks: (185 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (75 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (25 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 1
Number of double berths: 3
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
Electrical Circuit: 12V
- “Rib-Kore” reinforced solid fiberglass, single skin construction.
- Reichold vinylester resin.
- Longitudinal stringers of fiberglass reinforced structural foam.
- Transverse reinforced longitudinal foam stringers.
- Transom is reinforced with 1” foam core.
- Garboard drain plug.
- Recessed cove stripe.
- Optional watertight bulkhead between forepeak locker and forward cabin.
- PVC Rubrail (Awlgripped to match hull) with SS half oval.
- Morris Blue Awlgripped Hull.
- White boot stripe.
- 1” core except in way of hatches, genoa tracks, stanchion bases, mast partners and other deck hardware where high-density foam replaces the core material.
- One piece construction with molded-in fiberglass bulwark.
- All hardware locations are drilled, tapped, bedded and thru bolted completely through the deck with backing plates.
- Trunk cabin sides are solid fiberglass.
- The deck is permanently bonded to the hull using a horizontal integral laminated hull shelf and thru bolted.
- Warm white laminate bulkheads.
- Mahogany joinery including bulkhead and cabinside moldings and trim, locker doors, upgraded passageway doors with raised panels, arched tops, and rounded corners, drawers, cabinsides, table and companionway ladder with gloss varnish finish.
- Overhead removable panels of closed cell foam and Mahogany battens to access all deck hardware fasteners.
- Optional teak & maple cabin sole with satin urethane finish.
- Optional bolstered upholstery.
- Interior lockers are lined with cork insulation and have vented doors.
- Deep bilge sump.
- Cabin sole lift-outs for bilge access through length of the cabin sole. All liftouts are secured with latches.
- The entire cabin sole is removable.
- Optional knock down package includes options for securing bunktop liftouts, galley ice chest lid, cabin sole, nav desk top, nav seat lid, snack bin lid, and companionway drop boards.
- Paine/Morris shoal draft/high performance keel (5’6” draft).
- 8,200 pounds of antimony hardened lead.
- Skeg protected fiberglass rudder.
- Centerline berth.
- Optional Visco-elastic foam for bunk cushions.
- Two opening ss framed ports and optional ss framed overhead hatch.
- The berth has four drawers and two foot lockers below.
- Hanging locker with cork lining.
- Mahogany hull sheathing fastened to “Rib-Kore” frames with closed cell foam insulation.
- Full-length open shelves above each berth with fiddles.
- Lift top storage lockers outboard port and starboard of bunk.
FWD VANITY (located in forward cabin):
- Corian countertop.
- SS 16” x 10” oval sink.
- Pressure hot & cold water with mixer valve.
- Angled mirror with mahogany frame and medicine cabinet.
- Stainless steel towel bar.
- U-shaped leather bolstered dinette to port.
- Optional custom table with sliding top, folding leaves, a drawer, and built-in liquor storage.
- Leather bolstered settee to starboard (optionally pulls out to create a berth with lee cloth).
- Storage lockers outboard, lockers and book shelves above.
- Wood molding at deck/trunk cabin side fashioned to serve as drip ledge and handgrip.
- SS framed ports and optional SS framed overhead hatches.
- Optional vented locker doors.
- Optional overhead handholds.
- Optional mahogany post at fwd end of galley.
- Secure u-shaped galley.
- Force-10 three burner propane stove with oven and broiler and SS crash bar.
- Trident propane system monitor and alarm.
- Seafrost Shore Assist refrigeration system.
- Icebox has 4” of insulation.
- Corian countertops.
- Polished double stainless steel sink.
- Galley fresh and salt water foot pumps with folding faucets.
- Seagull filtered water faucet.
- Ice box drain plumbed to aft shower sump.
- Hot & cold pressure water with spray rinse.
- Optional drawer under companionway.
- Optional dust tray under the cabin sole at the companionway.
- Drawer on starboard side of galley peninsula with a tray for silverware storage.
- Sink drop front door with tray for soap and sponge storage.
- Waste basket on locker door under sink. Door has lift-off hinges for easy removal.
- Large storage lockers outboard and above counter top with access through optional vented sliding doors.
- Ringed snack bin is built into the aft end of galley above the engine cover box.
- Pot locker under stove.
- Forward facing.
- Two drawers, and sliding tool tray.
- Leather bolstered seat and backrest for navigator.
- Chart storage in chart table.
- Book storage.
- Electrical panels are mounted in the aft corner locker.
- 12-volt distribution panel.
- 120-volt distribution panel.
- Raritan PHII head.
- Corian countertops.
- SS highly polished oval sink.
- Hot & cold pressure water faucet.
- Manual foot pump and folding faucet for cold water.
- Separate shower stall with acrylic hi-fold door and seat and oiled teak trim.
- Adjustable wall mount shower head.
- Wet hanging lockers.
- Optional extra hand holds.
- Cabin top optional SS framed hatch.
- Opening SS framed port light.
- Mirror with rod light above.
- SS Towel bar.
- Large double quarter berth with lee cloths.
- Optional Visco-elastic foam for bunk cushions.
- Hanging locker with cork liner.
- Optional overhead chart storage cabinet.
- Optional small storage cabinet.
- Optional mahogany framed mirror behind door.
- Dresser with counter top locker, two drawers and foot locker.
- Opening SS framed port to cockpit.
- Cabin top optional ss framed hatch.
- 6’ shelf outboard with fiddle.
- Carbon monoxide detector.
- Reading light.
- Yanmar 56hp fresh water cooled engine (approx. 1560 hours).
- Yanmar engine panel in cockpit includes tachometer, oil pressure gauge, water temperature gauge, key start, and electric stop button.
- Engine is flexible mounted with flexible drive system.
- Waterpump has Speedseal cover for easy access to the impeller.
- Aquamet SS shaft, stern tube, Tides Marine shaft seal, and Prop Protector shaft mounted line cutter.
- Engine compartment combustion air ducted to a blower and vented through the starboard winch pocket.
- Flex-O-Fold three blade folding prop.
- Sound dampening materials through engine box and bilge.
- Edson dual lever engine control on sides of pedestal.
- 75-gallon aluminum fuel tank, all fuel piping with flexible connections where appropriate.
- Fuel tank has baffles, clean out port, and vent.
- Tank tender system for fuel, holding, and water tanks.
- Optional dual Racor fuel filter system with bypass valve.
- Easy all around access to engine service points, dip stick, oil fill, oil filter and water pump.
- Engine cover filled with lead lined, sound deadening insulation.
- Five separate removable access doors with gaskets and flush easy open non-rattling latches.
- The entire aft half of the cover is designed for easy removal for convenient service and maintenance.
- Side Power tunnel bow thruster with dedicated battery under forward berth and hand control at the pedestal.
- Espar D5LCC cabin heater with four outlets (aft cabin, aft head, main salon, fwd cabin).
- Raritan II manual head with 25 gallon holding tank plumbed with discharge seacock, electric macerator and discharge pump, diverter valve, and tank level monitor.
- Seagull water filter system at galley sink.
- All fresh water plumbing is non-toxic sanitary grade hose and tubing.
- Three stainless steel freshwater tanks (two 75 gallon each port and starboard in main cabin and one 35 gallon under forward berth) with clean-out covers.
- Tank Tender system for water tanks.
- Freshwater pump with accumulator tank.
- 15 gallon water heater with stainless steel tank, heat exchanger and 220 volt element.
- Johnson electric automatic bilge pump with float switch and remote panel.
- Stainless steel hose clamps, double clamped on all thru hull fittings.
- Forespar Marelon seacocks.
- Propane locker (with three 10lb tanks) located aft of cockpit coaming in sealed compartment with overboard drain.
- Dedicated propane line for BBQ.
- Anchor washdown fwd (salt or fresh with Y-valve).
- 120 volt inlet and shore power cord.
- 12 volt panel with circuit breakers, indicating lights, digital volt and ammeter.
- 120 volt panel.
- Three 4D AGM batteries in a single bank for ships service.
- Optional extra 4D battery for bow-thruster.
- AGM battery dedicated for engine starting. (New 2013)
- Multi-stage voltage regulator.
- 140 amp alternator.
- Inverter with remote panel.
- Heart Interface Link 20 Battery monitor.
- Battery charger.
- Emergency switching system to parallel both battery banks.
- Dynaplate connected to bonding system.
- Electrical bonding to all tanks, pulpits, chainplates, and pedestal.
- Ground strap bonded to hull to create ground plane for SSB.
- Optional extra interior lighting.
- Courtesy lights.
- Upgraded Spreader lights.
- Steaming/foredeck light.
- Tri-color masthead light.
- (1) Carbon Monoxide detector (aft cabin).
- 12-volt cigarette style outlets in cockpit winch pocket and foredeck locker.
- Two flush lazerette lockers aft of cockpit coaming (one offers access to propane locker where three 10lb aluminum tanks are stored.
- Four cockpit drains plumbed directly overboard.
- Solid teak companionway drop boards with canvas storage bag in the starboard sail locker.
- High, secure bulwark with teak cap rail.
- Teak eyebrow trim on cabin sides.
- Rub rail w/ss half oval.
- Custom solid SS stern rail extended forward to port and starboard gates.
- Optional removable three piece ss folding swim ladder.
- Four SS cabin top hand rails.
- Stern roller chock mounted on stern cap rail for towing dinghy.
- Flag socket.
- Optional outboard motor hoist.
- Optional outboard motor mount on stern rail.
- Separate foredeck locker forward with watertight bulkhead (line storage and waterproof hatch) and manual bilge pump.
Deck Fittings and Hardware
- 10 stainless steel opening port lights with beveled spigots, screens, and trim rings.
- One ss portlight in the cockpit that opens into the aft cabin.
- Four opening optional SS framed cabin top hatches.
- Four teak dorade boxes with 4” ss cowl vents and three legged SS guards, interior screens and sliding draft controls.
- Midship hawse pipes and cleats for spring lines.
- Upgraded bow and stern cleats.
- Custom stainless stern chocks at the corners of the transom.
- Skene chocks with ss chafe strips mounted on teak cap rail at the bow.
- Optional hawse pipes at bow.
- Bow anchor rollers for 45lb plow CQR Anchor.
- Stainless steel bow rail with ss navigation lights and welded bails.
- Double lifelines with port and starboard gates.
- 30” stainless steel stanchions.
- Harken genoa tracks with ball bearing cars & line control system.
- Custom ss mast collar with welded bails.
- Deep ergonomically designed with high coamings for off-shore security and comfort.
- Optional teak coaming cap.
- Three cockpit lockers with gaskets, security hasps.
- Edson wheel steering with brake, engine controls, grab rail.
- 6” Ritchie Globemaster pedestal compass with stainless steel cover.
- Sunbrella dodger and elkhide covered aft and side grab rails. (New 2012)
- Stainless steel wheel with elkhide cover.
- Pedestal with Sunbrella cover.
- Optional custom SS drink holder at pedestal.
- Removable wheel with storage on port rail.
- Winch pockets with ss trim rings.
- Optional teak double-leaf folding cockpit table with fiddles and cover.
- Optional cockpit cushions.
- Starboard side sail locker with line storage.
- Portside gear locker.
- Helmsman seat locker.
- Optional full bimini attached to extended stern rail with folding bows and window for viewing sails (cover for bimini when stored). (New 2012)
- Optional removable connecter between dodger and bimini (both isinglass & Sunbrella for shade). (New 2012)
Electronics and Navigation
- ICOM M5021 VHF in nav station.
- ICOM Command Mic mounted in cockpit.
- Depthsounder dedicated circuit breaker.
- B&G Depth/Wind/Wind/Speed instruments (above companionway in seahood).
- B&G Repeater (nav. station).
- Nortstar 952XD GPS with color plotter.
- Raymarine C120W radar/chart plotter at pedestal. (New 2012)
- Raymarine C90W at nav station. (New 2012)
- ICOM MC 710 SSB.
- Robertson AP20 autopilot with two control heads (helm and nav station).
- Optional Sony AM/FM/CD stereo with two interior speakers.
Spars & Rigging
- Aluminum mast (supported by discontinuous rod rigging) and boom awlgripped “Snow White”.
- Mast secured to mast step.
- Double air foil spreaders.
- Harken headsail furler.
- Adjustable Harken Big Boat genoa cars..
- Removable hoistable wire/T-900 inner forestay.
- Running backstays.
- Manual backstay adjuster.
- Forespar vang (control run to cockpit).
- Topping lift.
- Optional Tri-sail track with halyard, cheek block, rope clutch, and cleat on mast.
- Custom Morris Yachts “Shephard’s Crook” mounted at the side of the starboard masthead with burgee halyard and pig stick.
- Masthead windex
- Optional Boom preventer.
- Optional Carbon Fiber whisker pole with mast storage track.
- Spreader flag halyards.
- Main sheet run to starboard cockpit winch.
- Turnbuckles fitted to custom made chainplates with welded cover plates thru bolted at bulkheads and deck.
- The following are controlled from the cockpit: Genoa furling line, main halyard, main sheet (double ended), preventer, staysail sheets, genoa sheets, two reefs, and vang.
- Optional Lewmar 58 electric self-tailing primary winches.
- Optional Lewmar 44 electric self-tailing cabin top winch.
- Lewmar 44 self tailing 2-speed winch on starboard cabin top.
- Lewmar 44 self tailing 2-speed secondary winches..
- Two Lewmar 40 self tailing 2-speed self-tailing winches on spar.
- North Soft NorLam mainsail.
- North Norlam 135% furling jib.
- North staysail and storm staysail.
- North tri-sail.
- North asymmetrical spinnaker with snuffer.
- Custom Stainless stem fitting holds rigged anchor.
- Anchor rode SS protecting deck plate..
- Stainless steel 45lb CQR anchor with 300’ 5/16”HT galvanized chain rode.
- SS deck hawse for secondary anchor rode.
- Optional Secondary anchor: Fortress FX 23 with 40’ 5/16” chain and 300’ of 5/8 nylon rode.
- Optional Three Piece Luke 77lb. storm anchor stowed in chocks under cabin sole.
- Anchor Rode snubber (30’ of three-strand nylon rode spliced to chain hook).
- Six person Winslow Liferaft.
- Wooden thru-hull plugs.
- Nylon strap Jack lines w/padeyes on deck and in cockpit.
- Emergency Tiller.
- Tri-lobe Radar reflector.
- Three fire extinguishers.
- Engine room auto Halon system.
- Manual bilge pump in cockpit.
- Optional manual bilge pump in galley.
- Various spare parts and bulbs.
- Boat hooks.
- Lee clothes in aft cabin and starboard main cabin.
- Dock lines.
- Six fenders with polar fleece covers.
- 10’ Avon Hypalon RIB with Nissan 9.8 HP outboard.
- Owner’s personal items & painting in main salon.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Morris Yachts
Ocean Series 46
Bass Harbor, ME, United States
Northeast Harbor, ME, United States
Northeast Harbor, ME, United States
Northeast Harbor, ME, United States
Ocean Series 38
Unknown, ME, United States
Unknown, ME, United States