- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Cataumet, MA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 72,000
The Legacy 28, built by Legacy/Freedom Yachts, is a classic downeast cruiser. Her hull design allows for high speeds without sacrificing comfort and safety. Since 2009, Sunset has been yard maintained and stored indoors for the winter season, at which time her brightwork continues to receive a Bristol shine. Sunset has AWLGrip Flag Blue topsides (new 2008), a white bootstripe, and red bottom. Her varnished teak transom, cap rails, and toe rails finish off her classic lines. Table seating on dark blue cushions in the large cockpit/deckbridge makes for enjoyable entertaining, day or evening. Sunset's well equipped cabin offers 6'2" headroom and a private head with door - perfect for weekend or extended cruising. Currently, Sunset is tucked away indoors for the winter, and is easily shown. Call today to schedule an appointment to view this exceptional Legacy 28!
Please contact Parker's Boat Yard at (508) 563-9366
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Total Power: 250 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2001
Engine Model: 6LP-DTE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 650
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 250 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (30 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 2 (110 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (25 Gallons)
The cabin interior has Herreshoff-style trim in solid cherry, padded headliner and varnished teak and holly sole throughout. There is a large 6' 8" v-berth with insert cushion and convenient storage both below and above. Four inch foam mattress and Froli spring system (new 2007) ensure comfortable sleeping.
The private head with door is to starboard and features a toilet, sink with faucet/shower and multiple storage lockers in and above the vanity. To port is a galley. In the cabin, four large opening ports with screens and a large overhead deck hatch provide excellent ventilation and light below. Additional features include:
- Jabsco Twist and Lock Full Size Manual Head and related hoses, new 2016
- Water Heater, 6-gallon, stainless steel, with heat exchanger, new 2016
- Magma Grill, rod holder and grill mount, new 2016
- Stereo with cabin and cockpit speakers, new 2013
- Two reading lights and a teak bookcase
- Electric fan
- 120V outlet
As you enter the cabin, the galley is to port and includes a two burner propane stove top, single basin polished stainless steel sink with hot and cold pressure water, and an under counter AC/DC refrigerator with freezer. There are two large storage lockers below the counter and an enclosed storage cabinet above. An inverter provides 110v power, and there is a 10lb. propane bottle mounted aft.
Sunset's electronics include a fully interfaced GPS/Chartplotter, radar, autopilot, speed and knot instruments:
- Northstar 951 XD GPS Chartplotter
- Raytheon RL 74 Radar w/ 8kw Radome
- Raytheon ST6000 Autopilot
- ICOM M59 VHF Radio
- Raytheon ST 60 Depth
- Raytheon ST 60 Speed
- Polished Aluminum Radar Arch
Sunset's engine/prop was matched by Yanmar and Legacy to provide optimal performance/fuel efficiency while providing 21 knot cruising. In 2009, her engine room insulation was upgraded, which makes for a very quiet ride.
- Installed new transmission oil cooler and replace coolant hoses; clean and flush coolant system (2012)
- Air cooler and heat exchanger cleaned and re-gasketed (2012)
- Fuel tanks transfer system (new 2008)
- Oil change pump in engine room
- Racor fuel filter
- Bennett trim tabs with indicators
- New engine mounts and prop/shaft balanced (new 2008)
Two 12v 4D batteries (new 2013). Paneltronics breaker panel with AC/DC volt and amp meters located conveniently in galley near companionway ladder. 120v AC shore power with cable. High water bilge alarm in engine room. 12v DC accessory plug at helm. Electric bow thruster installed for ease of handling and docking.
- 20 Amp Battery Charger
- Proline 1800 Watt Inverter
- 4hp Sidepower Bow Thruster (joy stick control new 2007)
- Maxwell Elec Windlass w/ Helm & Bow Controls
Deck / Equipment
Sunset's topsides were Awlgripped in 2008. Bridgedeck and cockpit provide seating for at least nine persons with dark blue and white-trimmed Sunbrella cushions. A removable varnished table is mountable in the bridgedeck or cockpit. A full bench across the transom has a removable center panel for ease of access to the swim platform. The lower cockpit has three watertight hatches for equipment storage. The bridgedeck is enclosed by a tan Sunbrella soft-top with side and back curtains (new 2007). Electric center windshield opens to provide full ventilation.
- All varnish in Bristol condition (professionally maintained yearly)
- Hot & cold cockpit shower
- Upgraded 4" high density cockpit cushions
- Teak swim platform with ladder
- Bimini with stainless steel bows (new 2007)
- 18”x30” varnished teak bridgedeck/cockpit table
- Stainless steel handrails on cabintop
- Stainless steel handrails on windshield frame
- Varnished teak toerails and cockpit coaming
- 3 Windshield wipers (arms/wipers new 2008)
- Delta anchor with 10' chain and 200' rode
- Dock lines and fenders
- Original manuals for all electronics/nav/engine etc.
Manufacturer Provided Description
The Legacy 28 features an abbreviated keel that allows for good tracking, a modified-V entry that takes the bang out of the seas, and flat aft section that gives the boat stability and easy planing. The standard 250-horsepower engine is capable of powering the boat to 27 knots. Even with a powerful engine, the 28 is quiet, with low-vibration, and virtually free of exhaust fumes. An oversized, pot-style muffler also keeps the sound down and an underwater exhaust system eliminates diesel fumes underway. The engine has been installed on flexible rubber mounts which are situated on high-density foam stringers. Seating on the bridgedeck and cockpit accommodates nine easily. The copilot seat to port is tall with visibility equal to that of the helmsman. Other standard features include an opening center windshield, recessed trim tabs, flush-mounted hardware, secure bow rails, and hydraulic steering. Storage is abundant with under-berth stowage, a hanging locker, and storage below all the bench seats. The cabin features six feet of headroom and is finished in cherry joinery and teak sole. Four opening ports and an overhead hatch allow plenty of light and air. Other features include a refrigerator, a two-burner stove, an enclosed head with room for a morning shower, and a choice of design packages with options for countertops, bulkheads, and upholstery.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.