- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Twin / diesel
- Located In:
- Newington, NH
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 219,500
OWNERS LOOKING FOR FALL/WINTER SALE
KNIGHT HAWK is a highly customized 2001 Legacy 40 Sedan which shows like a new vessel. She has an ideal layout for a couple who have long-range liveaboard cruising in mind. She’s powered with Twin 370 hp Cummins for a cruising speed of 18-20 knots. The engine room spaces are accessible, clean and very well laid out without any complex systems. Some desirable amenities include a Sidepower bow thruster, two separate A/C-heat units, a $30,000 Simrad electronics package, extra wide and safe side decks, comfortable cockpit for four, and under 1777 hours running time. Her interior layout offers the widest vee berths (which converts to a king-sized berth) ever offered by Legacy 40. Also, she has separate shower room, and separate enclosed head. This vessel is offered at an exceptional value. Please call for an inspection of this clean vessel.
Annie Gray is a longstanding YBAA member, offering 41 years of experience in assisting clients in the purchase or sale of high quality yachts of distinction.
Please call Annie at 207-363-7997 or on her cell at 603-498-3450.
Please contact Annie Gray at 207-363-7997
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Freedom Yachts, Middletown, RI
Designer: Mark Ellis
LOA: 40 ft 0 in
Beam: 13 ft 10 in
LWL: 36 ft 0 in
Length on Deck: 39 ft 4 in
Maximum Draft: 3 ft 11 in
Displacement: 22000 lbs
Total Power: 740 HP
Engine Brand: Cummins
Engine Model: 6BTA5.9M3
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 370 HP
Engine Brand: Cummins
Engine Model: 6BTA5.9M3
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 370 HP
MECHANICAL & ENGINES:
- Twin Cummins 370 hp diesels, 6 cyl, 6BTA5.9M3 Diamond Series, FWC.
- Engine hours: Port: 1754: Starboard: 1777 (as reported on hour meters).
- Cruising speed: 18-20 knots @ 2200 RPM.
- Maximum speed: 24 knots @ 2800 RPM.
- ZF 1RM 220A-1 transmissions with 1.75:1 gears.
- Sidepower 3 kw bow thruster, in 7” tube, 4 blades.
- Twin Racor 900 MA fuel filters with vacuum gauges.
- Dual underwater exhausts for quiet running and reduced exhaust smoke.
- Razor cutters on each shaft.
- Onan 9kw generator with 1105 hours in soundshield with Racor filter.
- Glendenning synchronizers.
- Bennett S/S trim tabs, dual rams.
- Fireboy extinguisher system with automatic engine shutdown.
- Two 4-bladed Austral Nibral 22 x 25 props; (two identical spare props in custom fiberglass boxes).
- 1 spare S/S shaft with storage tube.
- High water bilge alarm; 3 automatic bilge pumps.
- Raw water sea strainer.
- Single lever Kobelt controls.
- Oil changing system-Electric Reverso.
- 2 bilge blowers.
- Floscan fuel meters.
- Walker Airseps on engines.
- Dripless shaft seals.
- 1 ¾” S/S shafts.
- Flo-Scan series 7600 gauges showing fuel consumption and tachometer..
- Engine temperature alarms.
- Hynautic hydraulic wheel steering with 24” S/S & teak rimmed wheel.
- 105 amp Delco alternators.
- Engine cruise spare parts kits, gaskets, belts, etc.
- 2 Marineair reverse cycle air conditioners – 2 separate units (1-16,000 BTU’s unit for main salon; (1-12,000 BTU’s unit for forward cabin).
- Tankwatch gauge for holding tank.
- Splendide 2000 washer/dryer combination with outside vent.
- 2015 new water pressure pump.
- 2015 new raw water impellor on port engine.
- 2001 Simrad IS15 multi display, speed, depth, water temp.
- 2001 Simrad AP20 autopilot with 300X processor.
- 2001 Simrad CA50 color radar/fishfinder/DGPS-plotter with 15” screen (this unit is interfaced to AP).
- 2001 ICOM M710RT SSB with tuner.
- 2001 ICOM M127 VHF.
- Garmin 5212 GPS-Radar (12" screen).
- Alpine CDM 7861 AM/FM/CD player with 2 stereo speakers.
- C-maps from Canada to Florida.
- Shakespeare stereo antenna.
- Shakespeare cell antenna.
- 5” Ritchie binnacle compass.
- Radar tower- removable/unplugs for over road transport (16' with radar tower up).
- 2 Dynaplate grounding plates (port and starboard).
HULL & DECK:
- Flag blue hull (original gelcoat in excellent condition), white boot stripes, green bottom.
- Solid fiberglass hull with two piece mold with moulded-in rubrail.
- Oyster white fiberglass decks and cockpit.
- Extra wide side decks for easy access to bow.
- Semi vee hull, deep keel, hard chines.
- Optional transom door ($3,000) to fiberglass swim platform with swim ladder.
- Custom made S/S removable dinghy davits with cradle mounted on swim platform (not weaver davits) for HBI dinghy (Dinghy not included).
- Optional teak caprail and cockpit coaming, refinished with 5 coats of Cetol in 2015.
- Cockpit deck box with Sunbrella blue and white striped cushion.
- Cockpit bimini with Sunbrella blue and white striped fabric (homemade by owners).
- S/S bow rail and side rails to cockpit, which are oversized for added safety.
- Two lockers at bow for fenders, lines, etc.
- S/S opening ports with screens; 6 polished S/S foredeck hatches with screens.
- Umbrella stand forward for lounging (fits in windlass where hand crank is).
- Aft cockpit deck maybe unbolted to get to fuel tank.
- Main salon and vee berth soles may be unscrewed for full engine room access and access under cabin sole.
- Two sliding Pilothouse side doors for access to side decks (one door was standard).
Fuel: 410 gallons in one aluminum tank, new 2016.
Water: 120 gallons in one aluminum tank under galley sole.
11 gallon Seaward hot water heater with tank meter, new 2013.
Holding tank: yes, under vee berth sole.
- 110V AC circuit breaker panel located on companionway stairs and well laid out.
- 12V DC circuit breaker panel located on companionway stairs and well laid out.
- Prosine 1800w inverter.
- Statpower True Charge 40 automatic battery charger.
- 6 master battery switches for each engine, house, windlass, generator, and inverter.
- 2015 two 8D AGM's; 2008 two 8D gel cell batteries. (one house, one engine).
- 1-30 amp dockside cable.
- 1-50 amp dockside cable.
- 110V cable/TV/phone Hubbell connection.
- Halogen lighting systems with dimmer switches.
- Courtesy lights in cockpit and on side decks.
ACCOMMODATIONS: For 6 with owner’s stateroom forward and galley down to port. Entering the main salon is an L-shaped settee to port which converts to a double berth with a hi-lo cherry dining table. Opposite is an entertainment center, and a Splendide washer/dryer combo in an enclosed cherry cabinet. The helm station is forward to starboard with a custom Stidd helm chair, starboard helm side door and console with full instrumentation and electronics. To port is a Pompanette companion chair and side door and navigation desk with lift-up storage. Three steps down to U-shaped, spacious galley to port which is open above to salon area. Opposite the galley on the starboard side is a 2004 custom-built L-shaped seating area with “periwinkle” blue ultrasuede cushions which converts to a large double berth. Custom bookshelves, glassware shelves, and a built-in microwave are above and outboard of the seating. The master stateroom is forward with a king-sized centerline berth with vee berth filler in place, or very wide separate vee berths, whichever is preferred. This is a very attractive and spacious stateroom with port and starboard cedar-lined hanging lockers, 4 enclosed storage lockers outboard of the berth and four drawers below. The enclosed head is ingenious with a port head which includes a W.C., and sink. The starboard head includes a sink, vanity and shower room. The interior finish in this Legacy 40 is in the Herreshoff style with white laminate bulkheads, satin varnished cherry cabinets, doors, and trim, and a varnished teak and holly sole. All countertops in the galley and heads are blue Corian. The main salon windows have white mini blinds. There are very attractive quilts and sham pillows for both double berths. In 2015, the cherry joinerwork received 5 coats of satin varnish.
- 110V Subzero 249R refrigerator/freezer (under the counter).
- Force 10 propane three burner stove with oven.
- Ocean blue Corian countertops.
- Double polished S/S sinks.
- Microwave oven. built in to custom cherry cabinet/pantry opposite the galley.
- Custom pass through from galley to main salon.
- Large cabinet, lockers and drawer space.
- S/S opening port with screen.
- Trash bin under stairs.
- Electric Galleymaid head.
- Galleymaid head treatment system with environmental protection ($3,000 system).
- Overboard discharge with y-valve and macerator pump.
- 45 lb CQR Plow anchor with chain lead and 200´ rode.
- FX23 Fortress anchor with chain lead and 150´ rode.
- Freshwater washdown at bow.
- Dockside water outlet in cockpit.
- Hot and cold fresh water shower/washdown in aft cockpit.
- 2015 new cherry covers for windshield wiper motors.
- Muir vertical drum anchor windlass with controls at helm and on deck.
- 12V ACR searchlight with remote control.
- Kahlenburg dual trumpet air horns with compressor.
- White Texaline windshield covers and covers for forward window by side doors.
- Port and starboard side doors to decks.
- 4 large fenders with blue fleece covers.
- 2 propane horizontal aluminum tanks with manual shutoff.
- S/S BBQ grill.
- Lazarette storage.
- Ensign & staff.
- 4 rod holders in cockpit.
- 4 docklines, life jackets, bell, flare kit.
- Three windshield wipers and washers.
- 3 fire extinguishers.
EXCLUSIONS: Personal effects, Cape Cod painting, 2 throw pillows, wool rugs, some glassware and dishes.
COMMENTS: KNIGHT HAWK is a highly customized 2001 Legacy 40 Sedan which shows like a new vessel. She has an ideal layout for a couple who have long-range liveaboard cruising in mind. She’s powered with Twin 370 hp Cummins for a cruising speed of 18-20 knots. The engine room spaces are accessible, clean and very well laid out without any complex systems. Some desirable amenities include a Sidepower bow thruster, two separate A/C-heat units, a $30,000 Simrad electronics package, extra wide and safe side decks, comfortable cockpit for four, and under 1777 hours running time. Her interior layout offers the widest vee berths (which converts to a king-sized berth) ever offered by Legacy 40. Also, she has separate shower room, and separate enclosed head. This vessel is offered at an exceptional value. Please call for an inspection of this clean vessel.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.