- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Deltaville, VA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 315,000
Windara , a loved J 46 that needs to be on your short list.
Rod Johnstone’s original design philosophy of sailing is performance first, combined with below deck interior elegance sets the J/46 apart from all other boats in her class. The hull construction and seaworthiness of her design is unquestioned. The J/46 brings fast, high performance cruising with confident, predictable handling and manageability to an exciting new level.
The elegantly appointed interior, with finished satin varnished cherry, is graced with live aboard conveniences throughout. The layout features a well-organized and well thought out settee and dining area with convenient cherry wood fold up dining table. Well organized L-shaped galley, forward & aft staterooms, forward & aft heads, large navigation station blends an excellent compromise between practical and working space and comfortable living quarters.
With her fast, sleek hull & shoal design, high performance carbon fiber mast, excellent sail selection, outstanding electronics’ package, custom canvas full enclosure, this J-46 is ready for effortless, elegant, live-aboard cruising comfort.....anywhere!
There simply is nothing like a J-46!?
Please contact Ken Comerford in our Annapolis office. North Point Yacht Sales is dedicated to helping you find the right boat.. Cell # 410-991-1511
Come See Why North Point Yacht Sales is making a difference! Call Ken Comerford or one of our staff to learn more. Office 410-280-2038
Please contact Ken Comerford at 410-280-2038
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: J Boats
Designer: Rod Johnstone
LOA: 46 ft 0 in
Beam: 13 ft 8 in
LWL: 40 ft 5 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 2 in
Displacement: 24400 lbs
Ballast: 9350 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 65 ft 0 in
Total Power: 76 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2001
Engine Model: 4JH TE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2525
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 76 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (117 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (90 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (24 Gallons)
- Satin varnished cherry bulkheads and furniture panels with cold molded cherry trim, drawer and cabinet faces. Premium Ultra Suede eucalyptus interior cushions. Main bulkhead with single opening and recessed cherry paneled door with Mobella lock-sets. Forward and aft heads trimmed in teak. - Cherry trimmed vinyl headliner throughout forward, main and aft cabins. Oceanair skyscreens on opening hatches in main salon, forward cabin and forward head. Peek a boo shutters on portlights. - Polyurethane teak & holly veneer floor panels with underside and end-grain sealed with epoxy. - layered & bolstered main settee split cushions with two-tier split backrests. foam cushions in fwd and aft cabins. - Large twin berth forward cabin featuring 4 drawers, 4 lockers, hinge-up bunk tops to maximize storage; hinged V-berth filler; changing seat, hanging locker w/louvered door, and bureau/vanity with 2 drawers, locker, and cabinet above with cherry louvered doors & shelf. - Forward head includes vanity with mirrored acrylic slider storage, teak towel rack, mirror storage cabinet below molded sink, enclosed by cherry paneled door (on outer face) and white laminate finish on head side. Raritan fresh water flush head. - Stall shower with teak slat bench seat, cabinet locker with mid-height shelf outboard, large wet hanging closet outboard of shower, shower fixture mounted on bulkhead with adjustable shower faucet. Local self-priming pump services shower sump and drains overboard. Pilot berth in main cabin to port with small mid-height convenience shelf at aft end. - Two storage cabinets with louvered doors above starboard settee. Vizio 22” flat screen HD TV. - (2) Book storage shelves between cabinets with removable cherry retainer battens. - One large drawer and one locker outboard of starboard settee backrest cushions. - Settee backrests of cherry veneer and cherry trim. - Varnished cherry wood hull slats in main, aft and V-berth cabins. - Cherry main cabin drop-leaf table with removable fiddles, two drawers and internal bottle storage. Custom table cover protects table when in stored position. - Large 30 x 36 sit-down, forward-facing navigation station with hinged tabletop. Features include; outboard shelf, access to chart storage and sliding organizer tray below table top, cushioned seat of layered bolstered foam, instrument cabinet with (2) large wood panel faces hinged at the bottom for quick access, file storage drawer below - nav seat to fit hanging files, binocular & misc. storage cabinet outboard of seat, and series of three utility drawers on inboard table support face. - Starboard aft cabin with recessed cherry paneled door, hanging locker with louvered door and bureau/vanity with 2 large drawers, hinged footlocker, and cabinet with cherry louvered door & shelf. Additional drawer above engine. - Aft head/shower combination accessed via cherry paneled door, wet hanging area outboard, cabinet below molded sink, mirror, (2) teak grab rails and direct access door to lazarette locker area equipped with fore and aft divider. - Teak companionway steps cold molded with angled ends & Treadmaster non-skid for safe entrance and exit. - Cherry overhead grab rails in main cabin. - All drawers and cabinets with polished positive-latch push buttons.
Icom VHF Radio w/remote Microphone.
Pioneer Stereo System . 2 Exterior & 2 J.B.L. Interior Speakers.
B & G Hercules 2000 Race Pack including: 4 FFD's, 3 20/20 CD/mast mounts, Carbon Fiber extended 48” vertical mast wind instrument, plus spare 18” wind instrument and spare carbon fiber wind instrument mast. 1 Hydra Pilot Display Hercules 2000 Hydraulic
Ram T2-12V Autopilot. (Ram replaced in 2011) 1 KVH Sailcomp mast display. Raytheon e125 Multifunction display (new 2015) in nav station. E95 multfunction display (New 2015) at helm (2015). 24” Raymarine digital radardome. MFD have built in GPS plus remote GPS.
Digital charts (c-map and Navionics) for US East Coast, Bahamas and Caribbean and Central America.
See-Level tank level monitoring system for water and holding tanks
Weather Workz XM-satellite weather monitoring system with additional Sirius XM radio and external Shakespeare XM antenna.
ICOM 802 Single Sideband radio and At140 antenna tuner connected to backstay antenna. Pactor III modem.
Vesper XB-8000 AIS wirelessly displays AIS targets on your smartphone as well as the Multifunction Displays
Cruising sails: North 10.3 oz fully batten Dacron mainsail (2011) with Antal track and slides. 3 reefs. Doyle Cradle cover with integral lazy jacks for easy hoisting/douse. Doyle Dacron hank-on staysail. North 100% Dacron cruising jib (2010).
Electric port Lewmar Halyard Winch.
Racing Sails: Main Sail Cover. Doyle Stratus mainsail, UK roller furling Pentex #3, UK roller furling carbon-tape 150%, UK Code Zero, UK Asymmetrical .75oz all purpose in ATN control sock, .5 oz asymmetrical runner.
Spar and Rigging
- Hall Spars carbon fiber mast includes carbon fiber spreaders, Awl grip off-white finish, wire runs in a conduit, and a Hall/Antal mainsail track.
- Hall Spars aluminum boom with 2:1 internal outhaul tackle.
- Hall Spars Quick-Vang. - Navtec continuous rod rigging.
- Harken MKIII, Unit 2, roller furling head sail system.
- Sailtech integral hydraulic backstay adjuster (replaced 2014).
-Hall removable inner-forestay for staysail.
Deck Hardware & Canvas
-White Hull, Seattle grey two-toned deck, Flag Blue sheer .
-Thurston dodger with roll-up forward window, removable side curtain, stanchion supports, and stainless grab bar on aft edge. (replaced 11/2015)
-Thurston deluxe bimini with stanchion mounted frame and mainsail trim viewing window. (Replaced 11/2015) -Custom Thurston full enclosure. -Custom canvas helm cover.
-Harken Upgrade Black Magic, and Harken Air Blocks, for most applications. Harken adjustable jib car system.
-Hall carbon fiber reaching pole. ATN Asymmetric spinnaker gear.
-Lewmar 64 chrome, two-speed, self-tailing primary winches. -Lewmar chrome, self-tailing, two speed winches are mounted on the cabin top and at the mainsail sheet. Port halyard winch is electric.
-Lewmar V4 anchor windlass system with a rope/chain gypsy, 150 amp circuit breaker in the navigation station, and hand held control unit mounted in the anchor well and wireless hand held remote. 200’ galvanized anchor chain with 150’ nylon tail. -Custom designed stainless steel bow roller/stem head fitting to accommodate windlass. -45 LB. Delta anchor. -2 21 LB. Aluminum Fortress anchors. -2 Anchor Rodes w/40’ Chain & 200’ Line.
-Seven Lewmar Ocean Series articulated, bronze tinted hatches. Note: Non opening port above navigation table. -White Framed Bomar opening ports in cabin trunk and cockpit walls.
-Stainless steel swim ladder mounted on the stern swim platform.
-120 gal total water capacity in 2 custom molded tanks, complete with baffles and inspection ports; secured in place below the main cabin settee berths.
-Hot and cold pressure water system with 6 gal hot water tank. -Service to heads, galley, anchor locker, and swim platform shower.
-Salt and fresh water washdown system in anchor locker
.-Raritan PH-2 toilets upgraded with Raritan fresh water “fresh head” flush system with holding tanks. Overboard "Y" valve offshore discharge and holding tank pump out systems.
-(1)Flex & Fold three blade spare prop. (1)Max-prop feathering three blade prop (installed).
-Large US flag w/custom flagpole.
-All fenders and dock lines. -Boat hook. -Horseshoe buoy and holder.
-Winslow 6 man Super-light Offshore Plus blue water liferaft with insulated floor and heavy duty tripod arch (last serviced 8/16 with 3 yr vacuum pack)
-MOM8 man overboard module (last serviced 8/16) -Coast Guard approved-equipped. -flares and life jackets, horn, bell, whistles, jack lines etc.
-White Sunbrella rain cover for bow area for better ventilation on rainy days.
-2007 10.5’ AB Ventus RIB with 9.8 hp Tohatsu 4 stroke outboard with oars, seat, custom seat bag and air pump and sun cover.
-Custom Sunbrella sun cover for winter/summer storage.
J/46 may be the only investment grade sailing yacht of its size not requiring professional crew to sail at designed performance levels…..or to maintain. Two people can easily manage her upwind and down to achieve the same 8 knot passage-making speeds under sail that is possible when motoring with 76hp diesel auxiliary. The joy of sailing the perfect boat is, after all, a goal we believe every owner ultimately seeks. To insure that good sailing days are spent sailing rather than scrubbing and varnishing, J/46 is designed to be virtually maintenance-free. Her exquisite joinerwork is protected from the sun……belowdecks where it’s beauty can be preserved.
Great boats don’t happen overnight. Helped by new materials and techniques, they evolve from the joint experiences of designer, builder and owners to become state-of-the-art. J/46 is such a vessel, inheriting the proven hull shape of the J/44, an offshore blue water classic, having won the Fastnet, Sydney-Hobart, NYYC Queen’s Cup and Trans-Atlantic races. J/44 is the only Class of yacht ever to be given its own class start by the Cruising Club of America in the Newport-Bermuda Race. To create the J/46, a foot of sailing length is added for speed; a transom swim/boarding platform for convenience; a carbon fiber mast and low VCG 6.2’ shoal draft keel for more stability; and a resin-infused, composite hull and deck for greater strength. Belowdecks, the choice was clear, use the same beautifully varnished cherry or teak joinerwork, entertainment center and styling so highly acclaimed in our deluxe J/160.
J/46 is a "maxi-Ditch" yacht, the tallest yacht that can fit under the bridges of the Intra-Coastal Waterway. Yet she is non-intimidating. A high length-to-beam ratio on the waterline of this seakindly yacht significantly improves tracking offshore in large waves and makes sailplan balance less critical. J/46 sails with either main or jib only, always responding predictably to a light touch on the helm. Sail power with good stability allows cruising with working jib rather than large genoa. That’s less work for the crew and improved visibility for the person on the helm. J Boats’ unique spinnaker system makes downwind sailing possible for two. A modern asymmetric spinnaker attaches to the top of the anchor roller, is contained within a cockpit-controlled snuffer, and is stored, ready-to-use, in the bow locker. The spinnaker is hoisted to the masthead, 2’ above the headstay intersect, leaving space for the snuffer to shift on a jibe. Jibing is then easy. One simply lets off one spinnaker sheet and pulls in the other.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from North Point Yacht Sales
Annapolis, MD, United States
Annapolis, MD, United States
Unknown, MD, United States
Baltimore, MD, United States
Annapolis, MD, United States
Galesville, MD, United States