- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Mamaroneck, NY
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 260,000
The SPLASH OF WATER is a excellent example of yet another popular ISLAND PACKET YACHTS offering, the ISP 420. The ISP 420 was produced from 1999 through 2005 with a total of 111 built. The SPLASH OF WATER is a 2001 model and is "ISP 420-028".
As built, the ISLAND PACKET 420 was, as are her sisterships, designed to provide an outstanding cruising yacht that provides very good sailing performance, overall safety at sea features along with both sophistication and solidity of construction and all with innovative features that continue to appeal as the "ISP" resale valuations will attest to! The SPLASH OF WATER is optimized to be managed by a light crew with her Mainsail & Staysail & Genoa Roller-Furling, her SLEIPNER SidePower Bow Thruster & well-designed Ground Tackle management system. The canvas, to include the Dodger & Bimini, are both in very good condition and her electronics .. with names like RAYMARINE & B&G) .. are certainly up-to-date and provide reliable service.
Given her recent substantial price reduction and superior overall condition & equipage, it is highly-recommended that any sailor who aspires to one of best sailing yachts available for safe & comfortable cruising in this size range should give the SPLASH OF WATER serious consideration.
For more information regarding the SPLASH OF WATER, please contact Randy Altemus, BREWER YACHT SALES, at cell 203-512-0847 or email raltemus(at)byy,com .
Please contact Randy Altemus at 203-512-0847
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
SPLASH OF WATER
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 44 ft 7 in
Beam: 14 ft 3 in
LWL: 37 ft 4 in
Length on Deck: 40 ft 7 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 10 in
Displacement: 28400 lbs
Ballast: 12500 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 59 ft 0 in
Headroom: 6 ft 5 in
Total Power: 75 HP
Engine Brand: YANMAR
Year Built: 2001
Engine Model: 4JH3 FWC
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 75 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: Aluminum (250 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: Aluminum (160 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: Plastic (60 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 1
Number of double berths: 3
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
Electrical Circuit: 12V
Hull & Deck
The ISLAND PACKET 420 is built with a Two-Tone deck, a low-glare Ivory White w/ Tan molded slip resistant surface ("premium coarse diamond pattern"). The hull topsides are of an Ivory White w/ Gold Cove & molded Dark Green Boot Stripe. The bottom is green.
- Combination Teak Rub / Cap Rail w/ stainless steel striker plate.
- (3) Dorade Vents w/ Guards, stainless steel
- (2) Mast Pulpits / Safety Rails, stainless steel
- Companionway doors, teak custom removable swing-type
- Companionway boards, (3) section teak teak, varnished
- Double LIfelines w/ (2) side gates
- Stern gate
- Full-length safety handrails on Coachroof
- Swim Platform with Ladder, folding stainless steel
- (6) Mooring & Spring-Line Cleats, 12"
- (2) Seats, folding 'perch" type, mounted on Stern Rail aft, port & starboard
- Wheel steering system, WHITLOCK Monarch Series w/ rack & pinion drive, Elkhide-wrapped wheel, integrated stainless steel binnacle guard, wheel brake & provision for remote A/P control installation, single-lever throttle & shift control (note: emergency tiller stowed in Cockpit storage locker w/ special brackets)
- RITCHIE SP-5 Binnacle Compass w/ ISP Nav Grid
The ISLAND PACKET 420 is provided with teak interior joinery that is finished with a satin varnish application. There is also a teak & holly Cabin Sole throughout.
The beam of over 14 feet, and a lot of useable hull length, have both enabled the ISLAND PACKET 420 to have very spacious interior accommodations with lots of storage space.
- (15) Opening ports w/ screens, polished stainless steel
- (8) Deck hatches, LEWMAR Ocean Series w/ screens
- (3) Dorade Vents
- Forward Stateroom quarters include a private head with a Stall Shower
- The Stateroom introduces an arrangement with a large double berth allowing access from either side
- There is a recently-installed (2013) custom memory-foam mattress (similar to a Tempur-Pedic-style unit & suitable for marine use) that, per the Owner, provides a "big, big comfort improvement!".
- The berth top is hinged and may be raised to access a generous storage bin underneath for bedding and the like
- Ample drawers, bureaus, shelves, and a Cedar lined hanging locker provide ample room for personal items
- A dressing seat, along with two LEWMAR deck hatches, a vent, and several opening ports add good ambient ight to this area keeping it bright & well-ventilated (as are all other areas throughout the interior).
- The adjoining Head has a sink vanity with cabinet space over & under, and a built-in mirrored chest, and linen drawers. The Shower has a molded seat with doors.
- Aft Guest stateroom has a wide double berth, ample storage in a hanging locker & bureau, and a private entrance to the Aft Head compartment
- The Aft Head may also be accessed from the Main Salon area, and includes a Shower with a curtained enclosure & folding seat over the Marine Head. The sink vanity has cabinet storage over and under.
- The Main Salon is notable for its overall spaciousness, complete with full length facing settees and with the starboard L-shaped settee being able to convert into a double berth with a pull-out extension
- A folding dining table hinges from the bulkhead storage each to provide for either a large serving or dining area, or when retracted, a completely open Main Salon.
- Large storage areas are available under and behind both port and starboard settees, and in a Cedar-lined hanging locker
- There are large-capacity tanks for water, fuel & waste that are located under the sole, keeping these considerable weights low and close to the center of the yacht to maximize stability, minimize trim changes, and increase useful storage elsewhere.
- The full size Navigation table with swing-out seat is located adjacent to the Main Salon. It includes recessed Master Electrical Distribution Panels.
- The Galley is notable for its generous wrap-around counter space. The storage room features a large refrigeration & freezer compartment, double stainless steel sinks, a (3) burner propane stove w/ oven, a microwave and deep storage drawers.
- Refrigerator / Freezer (new, 2013)
- FORCE 10 Princess stove w/ oven, (3) burner, gimbaled
- (2) 10l# Aluminum LGP Tanks
- Remote propane tank electric shut-off switch (at Galley)
- Microwave Oven
- Pressure Hot/ Cold Water System
- Double stainless steel sinks
- Fresh water filter
- Manual water pump
- Large storage areas above & below counters plus storage drawers
- Roll-away trash bin
The ISLAND PACKET 420 has (2) complete Heads.
The Factory-original aluminum forward Holding Tank was replaced with a molded plastic unit several years ago.
- (2) Manual Heads
- Macerator w/ Holding Tank
Rig, Rigging, Sails & Winches
- Anodized aluminum mast & boom, roller-furling w/ double-spreaders & keel-stepped
- Rig Dimensions: I=55'0", J=18'11", P=47'6" & E=17'0"
- Sail Areas, 1088 Sq/Ft per Brochure (w/ Genoa) & 924.03 Sq/Ft w/ 100% Foretriangle
- Mast Height Above Water, 59' (approx)
- Standing Rigging, 1x19 stainless steel; Main Shrouds, Forward & Aft Lowers, Headstay, Inner-Forestay & Backstay (note: Split Backstay for ease of access to the Cockpit)
- Running Backstays & Checkstays
- Boom Toppling Lift (adjustable)
- (4) Halyards (internal); (2) Main (including a spare w/ the Main R/F option), (1) Genoa & (1) Staysail
- Genoa & Staysail management gear w/ HOYT Staysail boom, aluminum
- All lines led to Cockpit
- Mainsheet Traveler System w/ 4:1 cross-hauls led to Cockpit, mid-boom sheeting
- Boom vang
- Mainsail, Dacron w/ battens on HARKEN Roller-Furling (internal to mast)
- Genoa, 110%, Dacron w/ Dark Green SUNBRELLA Tabling Cover
- Staysail w/ Dark Green SUNBRELLA Tabling Cover
- Cruising Spinnaker (in Locker)
- Storm Jib
Winches (LEWMAR Ocean Series)
- (2) L54CST Jib Sheet Winches
- (2) L16CST Secondary Winches
- (2) L44C Jib Halyard Winches
- (1) L16CST Staysail Winch
Electronics & Navigation
NAVPOD Grand Prix Series Includes:
- RAYMARINE C80 Multi-Function Display
- RAYMARINE Autohelm ST 6002 Autopilot ST w/ Hydraulic Drive
- B & G Triton Network: Speed / Log, Depth & Wind (AWI / WS) (note: (3) Displays mounted in Console over Companionway Entrance)
NAV Station Data Includes:
- Laptop; FURUNO Computer w/ GPS Navigator
- RAYSTAR / FURUNO GPS Navigator Radio
- VHF Marine ICOM 422
- IGM 710 ICOM SSB - MF/HF Marine Transceiver
- Stereo System w/ Cockpit & Interior Speakers
- (2) Flat Screen TV's w/ DVD in Master Stateroom & Main Salon
- XANTREX Inverter (2015) (note: is a sine-inverter suitable for laptops and other sensitive electrical equipment)
- Battery Charger, 40 AH
- XANTREX Heart Link 10 Battery Monitor
- BALMAR 110 AH engine alternator
- (4) House / Ship's Service Batteries, AGM Group 27 12VDC
- (1) Engine Start Battery, AGM Group 27 12VDC
- Battery Parallel Switch for emergency engine start capability
- (2) 30 AH 50' Shore Power Cords
- Factory Plumbed & Wired for a Generator installation
- Bilge Pump, electric w/ Float Switch
- Bilge Pump, manual EDSON Whale (in Cockpit)
- Pressure water pump for hot & cold water system
- Shower sump pump
- Refrig drainage pump
Hot Water Heater
- SEAWARD (11) US Gallon water heater
- Bow Thruster
Engine & Drive-Train
The SPLASH OF WATER is equipped with a YANMAR 4JH3 75 HP FWC marine diesel.
- RACOR fuel filter
- (3) Blade propeller, bronze, fixed-pitch
- Anchor windlass, SPRINT1000 electric anchor windlass (note: "up" & "down" control switch at helm & foot controls at bow)
- 45# BRUCE Anchor w/ 100' chain & 300' rode
- 60# ULTRA Anchor w/ 256' chain rode & swivel
- Emergency anchor (note: under 2nd Berth)
- Anchor Wash Down (salt water)
- Chain Stopper & Anchor Hold Downs
- SEA-SAFE double bow anchor rollers, stainless steel for Pulpit & hinged deck pipes to Forepeak.
Canvas (Dark Green SUNBRELLA)
- Dodger w/ stainless steel frame
- Bimini w/ stainless steel frame
- Connector panel & sunscreens, clear plastic or screens that can complete an Enclosed Cockpit Area
- Binnacle / Wheel Cover
- Hatch Covers
- Helm Seat cushion w/ back rest
- Cockpit Table, folding (by ISLAND PACKET)
- BBQ Grill (Propane)
- Dock Lines
- Cockpit Cushions
- Cockpit Shower
- CO2 Alarm
- Manual Fire Extinguishers
- (4) Padeyes, stainless steel & hinged, mounted in Cockpit & Deck areas for Safety Harness attachment
- Dinghy w/ Hard Shell, dark green (see photo)
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Brewer Yacht Sales
Stamford, CT, United States
411 Sedan Bridge
Mamaroneck, NY, United States
Montrose, NY, United States
362 Wing Keel
Mamaroneck, NY, United States
Rye, NY, United States
Mamaroneck, NY, United States