- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Located In:
- Annapolis, MD
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 475,000
The Hallberg-Rassy 53 is one of the most powerful and comfortable long distance cruiser you will ever find!
Price Reduction !!!
The German Frers design ensures that you will sail in a yacht with sparkling performance. A Hallberg-Rassy yacht exemplifies practical design features, exquisite finish, attention to detail, legendary quality, and Swedish elegance. A Hallberg-Rassy is safe, comfortable, and responsive in all weather conditions. They have often been awarded for being the ideal cruising yacht. The HR 53 was featured in Mate’s the World’s Best Sail boats. Ever After offers the (rare) shoal draft version and she has been carefully outfitted for long distance cruising and set up in a way that she can be single-handed or sailed by a couple with ease. She will accommodate two or three couples or a small family for extended periods of time. There are six comfortable berths in three private staterooms.
Ever After has always seen the best of care since we commissioned and delivered her “New “in 2001 and the second and current owner has meticulously maintained and constantly updating Ever After to keep her in this Turn key condition.
Some of Ever After’s highlights and upgrades includes.New teak decks,new forward looking sonar,furling gennaker,and solar panels in 2013/2014.The standing rigging replaced and New Simrad chart plotter installed in 2011.Simpson dingy davits 2009,Westerbeke generator 2008. New Ullman main sail and 135 % Genoa (2015).
Give us a call to day to schedule your private showing of this spectacular HR53.
Specializing in Quality Cruising Yachts
Please contact -Roger Johansson at 1-800-871-1333 or 410-867-9022
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: German Frers
LOA: 53 ft 11 in
Beam: 15 ft 3 in
LWL: 43 ft 10 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 5 in
Fresh Water Tanks: (270 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (295 Gallons)
Forward Cabins and Head:
The forward cabin has a v-berth with stowage below and lockers above berth and hanging locker. There are lee cloths, reading lamps, fans, and two overhead hatches. Access to the windlass motor is inside the locker forward and above the berth.
Second guest cabin is to starboard with upper and lower berths, lockers above, and hanging locker. Both berths have lee clothes, fans, and reading lamps.
The forward head is to port with a Corian wash basin, a large mirror, good lighting and ventilation, and teak grating. There is a large separate shower stall with curtain and shower sump pump.
In the forward passageway there is a large storage area beneath the cabin sole.
The spacious mid-ship main salon has a L-shaped settee to starboard with large stowage lockers outboard and under the settee. There is a folding double leaf teak table with center storage. There is a 32" Samsung LED TV. There are two very comfortable to port easy chairs with storage behind and under. Adjustable indirect valance lighting on the perimeter and below the ports gives the cabin a warm appealing glow in the evenings. There are additional reading lamps and fans for the settee and chairs. Headroom is 6' 8".
The "U"-shaped galley is to starboard, featuring: extra deep double sinks, crockery locker, cutlery drawer, breadboard, fan, spice shelf, and waste bin. The galley is conveniently located at the base of the companionway which provides excellent light and ventilation.
The navigation station has a comfortable forward facing chart table with electric panel outboard, drawers, stowage slots, shelf, and space for instruments.The walkthrough aft has storage shelf and a hanging locker outboard. A gooseneck red/white lamp is installed at the chart desk along with a red/white high/low fluorescent lamp above. Headroom is 6' 6".
Aft Cabin and Ensuite Head:
The full beam aft master cabin has a large double berth and settee to port. There is stowage under the berth, two hanging lockers, additional storage lockers with large chart locker above, two bookshelves and vanity. There are lee clothes for the berth.
To starboard is the ensuite head with Corian washbasin, white Formica laminate with large mirror with cupboards above and below, and teak grating. The stall shower has a curtain, and shower sump pump. The toilet empties into a stainless steel holding tank with deck outlet or gravity feed to through hull. The watermaker is installed in locker. Access to the walk-in engine room is just inside the aft cabin and has a large rubber sealed door.
Heating Cooling and Ventilation: There is good natural ventilation through five opening hatches all with curtains, 15 ports (14 opening) with curtains, six Dorade "air only" ventilators and two Electrolux vents in each head. There are two diesel fired forced hot air heaters and rev. cycle air conditioning. Eleven 24v Hella fans strategically placed throughout interior including the engine room to help ensure maximum comfort. Mosquito nets are available for all hatches.
Interior Finish: All interior joiner work is in light teak with a very hard two-part silk matte finish. Overhead in salon are light panels with custom teak retaining strips & light lining interior. All lockers are equipped with louvers or vents. The cabin sole is teak with inlaid holly strips with a satin finish . Dinamica ultra-suede in saloon and cabins with berths in upgraded high grade upholstery. Light beige curtains for all ports and skylights. Sunbrella slip covers are available for all settees and the two easy chairs.
Safety and comfort: There are teak handholds strategically mounted throughout. The berths have 5" thick cushions with an additional thin mattress over.
- Three-burner gimballed Force 10 Propane stove gimballed with oven and broiler
- U Shaped design with white Corian counter tops with teak fiddle rails
- Frigomatic refrigeration and freezer with two separate water-cooled 24v compressors in two separate well insulated boxes
- Extra deep stainless steel double sinks
- Crockery locker, cutlery drawer, breadboard, and waste bin
- Teak spice shelf
- Pressure water system
- Manual hand pump in galley
- Water in two stainless steel tank under saloon floor with water gauge
- 21 gal. domestic water heater and heating from engine
- Water manifold distribution including carbon filter system
Electronics & Navigation Equipment
- New forward looking Interphase Sonar Depth Instrument (2015)
- Autopilot AP20/HLD 2000D
- Rategyrosensor RFC35R for autopilot
- Autopilot remote Simrad R300X
- Spare controlbox for autopilot (computer)
- Whitlock electric drive autopilot in engine room
- Simrad IS20 log, depth, wind, central, and expanded wind (2011)
- Simrad centrals at nav. station and aft cabin
- VHF - Simrad RS/35 with Loudhailer (2013)
- VHF loudspeaker in cockpit
- Inmarsat-C Satellite communications (2012)
- Sailor 25D Immarsat Fleet Broadband (2010)
- Multi-purpose antenna - RR Pacific (GSM & 450mHz cell, TV, AM/FM, SSB receive, weatherfax, Navtex)
- Simrad NSE Chartplotter/multifunction display with control panel on pedestal (2011)
- Simrad Broadband 4G Radar (2011)
- Simrad AIS A150
- Compass with light
- Gooseneck red/white lamp at nav. station
- Binocular rack at companionway
- Tri-color with anchor LED light
- 12-volt outlets at nav. station and cockpit
- International navigation and steaming lights
- Pioneer AM/FM/CD stereo for master cabin
- Sony AM/FM with CD changer for main saloon with additional cockpit speakers
12 volt and 24 volt DC and 220 AC electric systems with breaker panels and monitor gauges.
- Westerbeke 6kW generator (2008) (est. hrs. 1400)
- 30A 42V alternator for generator
- 110v shore connector and dockside cable with 3kw 220v transformer
- All electric cables are where possible laid in special tubes
- 24v 100 amp alternator on engine
- 12v 60 amp alternator on engine
- Mastervolt 24v/3000w/110v Dakar inverter
- 110 outlets via inverter
- Heart 2000 Interface battery monitoring system
- 140 Ah 12v dedicated engine start battery (2016)
- 24v 420 Ah house battery bank (2012)
- Two 24v 50 amp battery charger
- 12v 25 amp battery charger
Fiberglass deck covered with teak (all teak new 2013) with hardtop with windshield with opening center window and bimini, teak handholds on top and side of hardtop. Large dry cockpit with high backrests. Integrated transom swim platform with stainless ladder.
- Teak cap rail on bull work
- Stainless steel strips to protect teak cap rail at cleats and lifeline gates.
- Integrated rub rail with stainless steel striker
- Electric anchor windlass with 1500 watt motor under the deck for protection
- Remote control for windlass on binnacle/ remote control with counter (2011)
- Two bow anchor rollers
- CQR anchor 75 lbs. and 328' 15/32" (12 mm) stainless steel chain in self-draining locker
- Stainless steel bow and stern pulpits
- Radar pole aft with dinghy engine lift and deck light
- Opening lifeline gates port and starboard
- Full-length handrails
- Simpson Lawerence dinghy davits, 2009
- High capacity fresh or saltwater with quick connect hose at base of mast
- Whitlock wheel steering with Cardan linked rod
- Leather covered wheel
- Boat awning with side curtains.
- Oversized cleats forward, aft, and spring cleats
- Folding teak step for helmsperson in cockpit.
- Custom Bimni over aft half of cockpit
- Cockpit Cushions
- Highly varnished folding teak cockpit table fitted on pedestal
- Locker washboard stowage
- Teak grate on cockpit floor
- Removable teak foot brace for cockpit
- Stainless steel mast pulpits
- Extra top companionway board with screen
- Teak drink holders on outer chart tables
- Deck light on mast pulpits
- Stern shower with hot and cold water
- Aft deck lazarette with two locking hatches
- Yamaha 2 stroke 15HP O/B
- Lifting harnesses for dinghy and outboard
- Teak flagstaff
- Deck scuppers that drain at waterline
- Boat hook
- Fenders and lines
Designed by German Frers for fast comfortable offshore passage making and liveaboard. The overhangs are rather generous for her type and contribute to give the yacht an aspect of graceful elegance which will be maintained regardless of the passage of time. Exceptionally strong construction and superior stability and performance with special bulb keel. This Hallberg-Rassy yacht was delivered with a CE certificate and a CE plaquette for category A (Unlimited Ocean Voyages). The yacht was built under supervision from Germanischer Lloyd.The fiberglass (GRP) hull and deck are laminated in an HR owned factory for ultimate quality control using isophtalic polyester and NGA gelcoat using hand lay-up method. The hull is insulated above water line with Divinycell PVC foam against heat and cold and with built-in longitudinal and athwartships stringers. There is a solid external lead keel fastened with 17 stainless steel keel bolts. Rudder in GRP, rudder shaft in 80 mm stainless steel. Heavy cast bronze rudder fittings. Rub strake with stainless steel strip situated below the blue stripe.
Engine & Mechanical Equipment
- Fresh water cooled Volvo TAMD 41 146HP BHD Diesel with Turbo (appx. 4000hrs)
- Westerbeke Generator (2008)
- Fully insulated walk in engine room
- Perforated aluminium linings cover the sound insulation
- Engine room blower
- Engine mounted on special flexible engine bed with AquaDrive flexible shaft coupling for noise reduction
- CO2 fire extinguisher in engine compartment
- 3 bladed Gori propeller (left handed)
- 40 mm stainless steel shaft
- Ambassador ropecutter on shaft
- Fixed 3 blade prop as spare
- Bowthruster 10 hp with foot controls
- Marineair reverse cycle airconditioning for aft cabin, salon and forward staterooms
- Two Webasto diesel fired forced air heater
- Watermaker 110v rated at 35 gal./hr.
- Cardin link system steering
- Two electric heads
- Two stainless steel holding tanks with deck pumpout or gravity drain overboard
- High capacity emergency electric bilge pump
- One manual bilge pump
- Diesel fuel S/S main tank under saloon floor with fuel gauge
- Optional spare fuel tank with electric transfer pump and with fuel gauge
- Electric oil change pump
- Liferaft (Winslow 60SLXD) (needs inspection)
- Firdell Blipper 210 radar reflector
- Jacklines with deck fittings and nylon strap
- Three lifebelt fittings in cockpit
- Life jackets and flares
- Electric oil change pump
- Emergency electric high capacity bilge pump
Sails & Rigging
- Selden deck stepped mast, double spreader, silver anodized aluminum
- New standing rigging in 2011
- Removeable stays and running backstays
- Selden hydraulic jib and main furling and reefing systems
- Selden Rodkicker
- Two carbon fiber whisker poles mounted on individual tracks on mast
- 8C spinnaker boom lift
- Hydraulic backstay tensioner and kickrod with Navtec panel in cockpit
- Genoa tracks, double travelers and foot blocks, adjustable from cockpit.
- Two steps near top of mast
- Three winch handles with lock
- Hasselfors aluminum tubes over turnbuckles
- Two Lewmar 66 ECST electric primary sheet winches
- Two 48 CEST electric main sheet winches
- Mainsheet 4:1 sheeted on track
- One Lewmar self-tailing 48 CST and one 44 CST halyard winches
- 1 Furling mainsail- offshore quality Ullman 718 sq. ft. (2015)
- 1 Genoa with e-foam luff- offshore quality Ullman 872 sq. ft (2015)
- Working jib- cross cut dacron 689 sq. ft
- Furling Gennaker
- Storm jib 172 sq. ft.
- Storm Main
Comments By Designer
The Hallberg-Rassy 53 is designed with the cruising connoisseur very much in mind. She follows closely the tradition and philosophy behind my earlier Hallberg-Rassy designs. The hull shape was developed following the significant lessons learned from the intense research program carried out by our design office for the America's Cup.
Racing they say improves the breed. This is certainly the case with the 53 which, though not designed with competition in mind, benefits, particularly when sailing upwind from testing we carried out on keel and rudder shapes.
Her moderate displacement is in line with the yacht's strong construction and high level of equipment carried on board. Sail area too is generous, and coupled with the excellent stability gained from the 53´s special bulb keel, performs well, even in light winds.
The overhangs are rather generous for her type and contribute to give the yacht an aspect of graceful elegance which will be maintained regardless of the passage of time.
Hallberg-Rassy is noted a builder of value high quality yachts of exceptional value. These owners spared no expense in equiping, outfiting, and maintaining their yacht.
There is a large inventory of spare parts as part of the normal ship inventory. Safety equipment including complete abandon ship bag with radios, GPS, hand watermaker, EPIRB etc. are available for your inspection.
This 2001 HR53 is offered at a realistic price. She is available NOW without having to wait for a new boat to be built.
Additional photos are available by request.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Free State Yachts
Havre De Grace, MD, United States
Deale, MD, United States
Castine, ME, United States
Tracys Landing, MD, United States