- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Twin / diesel
- Located In:
- West Palm Beach, FL
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 1,650,000
"Makin Way" is an extremely well built and handsome vessel that is very comfortable in a seaway and economical to operate. Must be sold
Call Steve Doyle +1 508 982 0094 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Steve Doyle at +1 508 982 0094
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Flag of Registry: United States
LOA: 75 ft 0 in
Beam: 21 ft 5 in
LWL: 68 ft 10 in
Minimum Draft: 6 ft 0 in
Displacement: 165000 lbs
Total Power: 2800 HP
Engine Brand: Caterpillar
Year Built: 2001
Engine Model: 3412E
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 1400 HP
Engine Brand: Caterpillar
Year Built: 2001
Engine Model: 3412E
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 1400 HP
Cruising Speed: 17 knots
Maximum Speed: 22 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (500 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (3000 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (250 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 3
She has benefited greatly from the constant care and upgrades accomplished by the present Ownership and their Crew. The Fleming design offers fast cruising speeds and a deck layout that boasts a wonderful fishing cockpit, a large covered aft deck, an upper deck lounging area with a hard top and a protected outdoor helm station. Her interior design is elegant and functional finished in satin teak and offers an open salon and galley, a great pilot house with excellent visibility a comfortable settee and a pilot berth, as well as a day head. There is access from the main saloon, via a private stair well, to the full beam Master with an en-suite head with a shower/ tub and vanity. From the wheelhouse one goes forward down another stairwell to the VIP and guest cabins, both of which have an en-suite head and shower. The separate Crews quarters are located aft of the engine room and accessed via a hatch on the after port quarter. There are full walkaround decks with high bulwarks for safety. This layout allows for a very comfortable arrangement for Owner, Guests and Crew.
The hull is built of solid hand-laid fiberglass with vinyl ester resins. The deck and superstructure are of solid and cored construction. The hull has an integrally molded guard w/ stainless rub rail and simulated planking grooves in the topsides. The teak deck is screwed and glued onto the fiberglass deck (re-bunged 4/12). Four (4) Ocean-LED 3010 Series Underwater lights are mounted in transom.
- Bottom painted
- Zincs replaced
- Stabilizers serviced
- Engines serviced by Cat
- Generators serviced
- Engine room cleaned and detailed
- New exterior fabrics
- 2 A/C compressors, Two pumps changed and the entire system descaled and serviced
- Electronics serviced and calibrated
- Top deck painted
- Teak rails stripped and varnished
- Entire interior and exterior being cleaned and detailed beginning on 1-28-2015
Upon boarding the vessel from the aft port entrance to the aft deck, one enters the saloon via a set of sliding teak and glass doors. Upon entering the salon there is a built-in “L” shaped couch re-upholstered in chenille with throw pillows, 2-barrel chairs, and a custom coffee table and a full entertainment center, which contains a 42” LG LCD Flat screen, Yamaha Entertainment System, Sony 5 disc DVD player, Logitech universal touch-screen remote & DirecTV receiver. The main salon's U-Line bar fridge was replaced 12/07. New interior floor runners replaced 7/08.
Forward and to port is the u-shaped galley which is open to the saloon for Family style cruising and entertaining. There is plenty of storage below, behind and above the counter and all the amenities people have to come to expect in a vessel of this caliber. The countertop is black granite and the large double sink is built in black Corian. There is plenty of natural light and space for people to move around each other.
- U-shaped galley
- Plenty of storage and dish lockers
- Kenyon 4 ring glass cook top
- Miele H3870 convection oven
- GE profile combination convection oven and microwave
- Miele G811SC dishwasher
- Sub Zero 700TC fridge freezer
- In-Sink-erator waste disposal unit
- Steamin Hot Insta water heater
- Granite countertops
Moving forward, one enters the large and comfortable pilot house which has port and starboard wing doors, a large settee and table for four to port with a Pullman pilot berth on the after bulkhead for passages or anchor watch. To starboard there is a nice day head. There are two Stidd Captain’s chairs each side of the wheel and a teak dash that houses all the electronics that one could want, most of which have been upgraded or replaced in the past few years. There is great visibility for piloting 270 degrees and all new soft goods. All in all, a very desirable and functional wheelhouse.
The master stateroom is accessed via a private stairway from the forward starboard corner of the main saloon. The centerline queen sized berth is situated aft and amidships. There is plenty of proper storage throughout in drawers under bed which is accessible by push button, shelves and a two full length hanging locker. There are all new soft goods and sconces port and starboard for light. There is a very comfortable and spacious vanity on the starboard and the master head with a large tub surrounded in tile creating a shower with glass and stainless door located to port. The head is well laid out with a centerline, under counter sink set in black granite counter top with two mirrors placed fore and aft of a port light allowing natural light into the head if desired There is a new Yamaha Entertainment System, Sony 5 disc DVD player, Logitech universal touch-screen remote and DirecTV receiver. The queen sized berth has a custom made mattress and plenty of space to get around. There is a door leading into the guest stateroom in case of a need for escape or to make the space usable to those in the master for children or a dressing room.
VIP & Guest Staterooms
The VIP and guest stateroom are accessed via a stairway leading down from the pilothouse on the forward starboard side. The VIP is located forward taking the entire beam of the bow section. There is a centerline queen sized berth and plenty of storage all around as well as a hanging locker. The en-suite head and shower is located on the after starboard side offering a tiled shower stall with a built in seat and a stainless and glass surround. The sink is just forward set into a black granite counter top.
The VIP stateroom is equipped with a 32” LG LCD Flat screen, DVD player and DirecTV receiver. The guest stateroom comes equipped with a 20” LG LCD Flat screen, DVD player and DirecTV receiver. Both the VIP and guest stateroom have new headboards and bedside sconces. Guest accommodations also include an Asko T720 tumble dryer and Asko W620 washing machine.
Electronics & Navigational Equipment
Audio/Video: Custom Stereo system w/ speakers in all rooms, pilothouse, upper and lower bridge and aft deck, each w/ separate volume control. All exterior speakers replaced. New interior speakers including a high outoput woofer were installed in 4/12
Sony Digital satellite television w/ KVH G6 stabilized antenna. KVH K25 phone system TV in salon, all staterooms, aft deck and pilothouse, interfaced w/ videocams, radar and chartplotter.
- (2) Garmin GPSMAP 7212 installed 4/12 - flybridge and wheelhouse
- All Nobleltec software upgraded 4/12
- Furuno 7112D Radar w/ARPA
- 2nd Furuno 7112D w/ARPA
- Remote for Watermaker
- ICOM M127 VHF
- Robertson autopilot AP20 (two heads)
- Northstar 952XDW DGPS
- Computer w/Navigation software
- 2nd Furuno GGP36
- FURUNO 582-L Depth sounder
- Remote search light control
- 18” NEC LCD computer monitor
- Sony Closed Circuit TV 4 station
- Remotes for inverter
- Electronic Naiad Stabilizer control
- Charles C-phone system
- New EPIRB with hydro-static release 12/07 updated 4/2012
- Bow Thruster control
- G&G depth & speed
- 15” LCD TV
- Pyramid CD/DVD player
- DirecTV receiver
Upper & Lower Level Flybridge
Upon boarding "Makin Way" there is a covered aft deck with U-shaped seating and a small table, one then can choose to walk up a teak companionway to the upper and lower end covered flybridge area. This is a favorite place for entertaining guests and to spend time relaxing as there is plenty of comfortable seating around an L-shaped settee to starboard with a custom corian table with seating for 8 (3 separate folding teak chairs) and another generous settee to port. The tender and kayaks are located aft of this space with custom removable chocks allowing the space to be dramatically increased when the toys are in the water. There are all new soft goods and cushions (custom dri-fast foam and white sunbrella fabrics) and a storage box as well. On the forward port corner of this space there are also two Gageneau electric grills and an under counter U-line ice maker and fridge, allowing guests to be totally self sufficient as desired.
Moving forward and up three more steps one is now at the external helm station. There are two Stidd Captain’s chairs and a second set of electronics for safe navigation from this location. The console is well laid out and there are covers for all seating, tables, chairs and electronics.
- Furuno FMD 1832 repeater – Radar
- Robertson Autopilot remote
- Northstar 952XD DGPS
- B&G Speed/Depth/Nav repeaters
- LCD Navigation display replaced 4/12
- ICOM VHF – M137
- Engine start/stop
- 15” NEC computer monitor
- DirecTV receiver
- External A/V
- Waterproof power outlets
- Garman GPSMAP 7012 4/12
Engine Room & Crew Quarters
The engine room and crews quarters are accessed via a hatch to the port side of the aft deck. Upon entering this space there are port and starboard berths with new mattresses and bedding (4/12), head and shower and hanging lockers for the crew. Moving forward one enters the engine room which offers 6’10” headroom and is spacious with good access to all sides of the machinery. The engines are located on the forward end and generators on the aft. All other major equipment is located forward in a special machinery space located under the VIP and guest room, this allows specific systems to be kept from the heat of the engine room as the space is also air-conditioned. There is lots of storage as well as easy access to the AC system, bow thruster, black, grey and fresh water pumps.
Engine & Mechanical Equipment
- Caterpillar 3412 turbo charged 1400 hp each 12 cylinder diesels (port 3445.6 hrs 10/01/2012, stbd 34210.1 hrs 10/01/2012) with optional trolling valves
- Caterpillar major 3500 hour service completed 4/2012.
- Pemall Automatic FM 200 engine room fire extinguisher
- Hand held fire extinguishers throughout
- Twin disc electronic controls (plus remotes)
- Naiad Hydraulic Stabilizers 30" x 44" (9sq ft.) FRP
- Hynautic hydraulic power steering
- Reverse cycle A/C Cruiser w/ 9 zones SMX controls
- Electric oil change system
- Hydraulic Naiad 12 HT bow thruster
- Hydraulic system completely serviced 4/12
- Air Seps installed on main engines
- FCI Watermaker Reverse Osmosis Dolphin Series 1400 g per day. New membranes 10/10.
- Pacer emergency hydraulic bilge pump in engine room 12/07
- Main engine start batteries replaced 4/08
- Raw water pumps for engine room A/C unit and for crew A/C unit replaced 7/08
- Raw water in-line strainers installed on all A/C units 3/08
- All A/C system service as needed and flushed 7/12
- Blackwater pump replaced 4/12
- Upgraded TANK Centry Monitors for black and grey water tanks 10/09
- Upgraded black and grey water ozone monitors 10/09
- Headhunter Vacu-flush system
"Makin Way" is equipped with an onboard electrical generation and distribution system.
Alternating Current System: 120/240 + N 60 Hz Single-phase
Direct Current System: 24 volt
Shore Power System
- 120/240+N VAC 60 Hz
Shore power is provided from four (4) 50 Amp Hubbell shore inlets located port and starboard aft transom and forward starboard forepeak. Each inlet is over current protected via double pole 50 Amp Legrand breakers. Each inlet is fitted with individual Newmar G1-50 Amp galvanic isolators to reduce the risk of shock hazards and unnecessary sacrificial zinc deterioration. The aft shore power inlets Hubbell "Stow" 6/4 AWG cables are fitted with cablemaster CM-7 cord reels and storage bins.
Shore inputs are conditioned through individual Charles C A/C automatic control units and step down isolation transformers, supply A and B are then direct to the normally closed contacts on individual Telemecanique LC1-D800008 contactors, then to the A and B distribution consumer service sections in the bridge VAC main distribution panel.
- Custom AC/DC electrical system
- AC/DC electrical panel w/ circuit breakers
- 4000 watt Trace inverter (2) separate AC & DC panels
- Two (2) Single-phase 120/240 volt+ N 60 Hz, 27.5 KW Onan generators: port 6174.4, stbd 5281.9 as of 10/16/2011
- Generator start batteries replaced 2/11
- Both generator heat exchangers replaced 9/08
- Full service on both generators 4/12
- All brakers on generators and shore power replaced 9/10
- Charles IsoBoost 50 auto shoreline switches
- Forward shore connect
- 24V DC system
- 220V AC system
- Aft shore connect – cablemaster
- Shore power limit switches replaced 9/08
- All exterior lighting changed to LED
- Smart Y adapter
- Fiberglass swim platform
- Swim ladder
- Heavy duty pantograph windshield wipers
- Halogen deck light on custom mast
- S/S hardware in pilothouse table
- Teak decks sanded, bunged and repaired as needed 4/12
- S/S transom handrails
- Fiberglass hardtop
- Teak bow rail
- Custom low profile 1500# reach davit
- Varnished teak trim, cap rail & cover board
- Custom tender chocks w/ hold downs
- Custom removable chocks
- Warping winches in cockpit
- Bow pulpit, anchor & hydraulic windlass
- Carlisle & Finch searchlight w/ 2 remotes
- Life-raft Revere 8 person
Teak decks w/ varnished teak covering boards, deck drains overboard and storage locker. Cockpit controls for fishing and docking.
Fiberglass hatches w/ teak facing, intake vents for engine room and DC lighting.
"Makin Way" is hull number 4 of the Fleming 75’ design. They are solid glass hulls of exceptional quality and a sea kindly design. She was nice condition when purchased by this Ownership in April of 2012. Since that time "Makin Way" has been continuously upgraded and meticulously maintained. All areas have been upgraded including AV, Electronics, interior décor, galley, exterior soft goods, tender and much more. The Seller is very keen for an immediate sale due to a desire for a larger vessel. The concept of a trade up to another 95-100 late model vessel is not out of the question.
There are many options when looking for a raised pilothouse motoryacht. There is no doubt that you will notice the obvious benefits of owning a Fleming when you compare these options. Quality of construction, sea keeping capabilities, efficiency, economy are just a few. Makin Way is the best of the best. Thie current Owner has updated everything with state of the art equipment and has improved on perfection. He is bored and ready to tackle his next project.
All owner and crew personal belongings.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Cambridge Yacht Group
Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States
62 Motor Yacht
Unknown, FL, United States
65 Motor Yacht
Miami, FL, United States
Dania, FL, United States
Boston, MA, United States
Unknown, NC, United States