- View Full Specifications
Price just reduced
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Located In:
- VA, United States
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 185,000
What sets Caliber apart from the fleet of her rivals? Is it her swiftness? Her seaworthiness and durability? Her exceptional stability and comfort? As Caliber owners know, it is the artful combination of these qualities, which enables a Caliber to perform beyond the limits that constrain so many others.
This 2001 Caliber 40LRC meets all those expectations. The 40LRC has standard features like Water Tight Collision Bulkhead, Water-Tight Rudder Dam, Triple Support Rudder System, and much more.
The Caliber 40LRC "Lyric" has some unique features like a Leisure Furl Boom, electric halyard winch and a 4Kw generator. The Leisure Furl Boom system gives you the efficiency and safety of a fully batten main and the convenience of a furling main.
Lyric just had a brand new Yanmar 4JH5 engine installed.
The current owners have done a great job maintaining Lyric systems. The next owner will greatly benefit from their care. This Caliber 40LRC is definitely worth an inspection.
CALIBER 40LRC SE: http://caliberyacht.com/Downloads_Main_Pages_Split_Vertical_Brochures.htm
Please contact George McCreary at 727-515-9444
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
- Brand new Yanmar 4JH5 53HP engine
- Bimini/dodger connector panel New 2015
- Leisure Furl Boom
- Generator, Entec West 4.2Kw 1500 hrs
- Custom Companionway Doors
- SSB Radio
- Water Maker
LOA:40ft 11in /12.47M LWL: 32ft 6in feet/9.91M Beam: 12ft 8in/3.86M
Draft: 5ft 1in/ 1.55M (varies)
Displacement: 21,600 lbs/ 9,798KG Ballast: 9,500 lbs/4,309KG
- Brand new Yanmar 4JH5 53HP engine
- Upgraded Fuel System with Dual Racor 500
Fuel Tanks: Approx. 212 gals / 803L (2 tanks) Water Tanks:Approx. 179 gals/625L (2 tanks)
Holding Tank: Approx. 65gals
Deck and Hull
Caliber's trademark* design incorporates a Multi-Bulkhead Bonding System*, an Integral Strength-Grid System* for strength and safety, integral baffled tanks act as double bottoms while adding tremendous rigidity to the hull structure, with additional strength from the integral sub-sole. Additionally, there is a Water-Tight Collision Bulkhead*.
Hulls are built for outstanding resistance to collisions, with extra layers of solid fiberglass at potential impact points. In case of damage to the bow or rudder, a Watertight Collision Bulkhead and Rudder Dam are designed to minimize flooding.
When rough water makes most sailors miserable, a Caliber owner can cruise in comfort. And with confidence. The Caliber moves more steadily in heavy seas. And due to her high ballast-to-displacement ratio, the Caliber is very stable.
A swim ladder and boarding platform built into the transom make it easy to board a dinghy or take a swim. The platform has its own hand-held shower.
- Bimini/dodger connector panel New 2015
- Atkins Hoyle Dinghy Davits
- KATO dingy motor lift
- Dingy motor support mount
- Windlass Lewmar
- Primary Lewmar winches #48
- 2 ea #30 Lewmar halyard winches
- #40 Lewmar electrical halyard winch
- Pedestal mounted compass
- Pedestal guard
- Anchor roller platform with double staggered rollers
- Lewmar Anchor windlass with chain & rope capstan
- 28" Lifelines with gates port and starboard
- Molded swim platform with boarding ladder and freshwater shower
- Deep divide anchor locker with room for fender, fender board, dingy fuel storage & spare dock lines
- (2) Chrome dorade vents with guards & screen
- Low maintenance rub rail with stainless steel striker
- Low maintenance aluminum hand rails
- (6) Mooring cleats and chocks
- Mushroom vent in shower
- (7) Hatches with screens
- (12) Stainless steel opening ports with screens
- Cockpit ice box
- (3) Cockpit drains
- Cockpit coaming box
- Two-tone non-skid
- Foredeck light
- Anchor light
- Teak cockpit table
- Transom shower
- Two 10lb LPG tanks in locker
In terms of accommodations, no boat of comparable size comes close to the Caliber 40. Her sleeping quarters are true staterooms, expansive and private. Instead of a cramped V-berth, there's a full forward stateroom with a generous offset double berth with ample storage space and drawers below; shelf and book rack over berth; and two-door large cedar-lined hanging locker and one-door locker with shelf storage. The master cabin features a private, spacious head with its own separate shower that's enclosed by a plexiglass door. Together, the forward cabin and head offer luxurious livability for extended stays.
The same kind of comfort and convenience is provided in the aft stateroom with its double berth; large cedar-lined hanging locker; and private aft-head entrance.
The main salon is well illuminated and richly furnished in teak. It takes full advantage of tall headroom and a wide beam. The result is a "living room" that's perfect for entertaining guests. Two settees offer ample seating and one of them even converts into a double berth (for a total of 7 berths). Both settees have storage under and behind, and teak cabinets over. The twin-leaf dining table folds up against the bulkhead for additional space. The aft head is located conveniently to the cockpit. It's entrances from the aft cabin, and the salon make it accessible from either area without disturbing the other occupants. The both heads are completely outfitted with pressurized hot/cold water and shower.
The nav. station is port, aft of galley featuring chart table with hinged lid, with storage underneath; chart light; electronics cabinet; breaker panel; nav. seat with storage under. Beautiful teak and holly floor throughout, and multiple handrails.
- Marine Air Systems 16,000 BTU Air conditioner w/reverse cycle
- 3 ea Alpen Glow energy saving lights
- 27” Flat TV
Any cook would appreciate this large and efficient L-shaped galley. It has ample storage for food and utensils, and more than enough counter space to prepare multi-course meals.
- Double stainless steel sinks, near center-line
- Hot & cold pressure water
- Force Ten 2-Burner propane stove with oven
- Seafrost freezer w/ Divider and refrigeration.
- Dual entry into frig / freezer
- 6 Gallon hot water heater
- Safety bar in front of stove
- Hide-away trash bin
- Galley foot pump
- Galley extension counter
Electronics in Cockpit
- Raymarine ST 60 Tri Data
- Raymarine ST 60 Wind Speed and direction
- Raymarine ST600 Liner drive Autopilot control
- Garmin 740 touch screen chart plotter and radar
- Garmin AIS
- Garmin GHS 10
Electronics in Nav Station
- ICOM M 802 SSB Radio with tuner
- SSB grounding
- Garmin VHF 100 at Nav Station
- JVC Stereo Tuner
- 12 Volt Outlet
Caliber trademarks*: Triple Support Rudder System*, Water Tight Rudder Dam*
- Dual Racor filters
- Single lever engine control
- Automatic shower sump pump
- Dual water systems with inline strainers
- Sea strainer with easy access
- Manual bilge pump
- Electrical auto. sump pump with manual override
- Emergency tiller
- Holding tank with Y-valve
- Holding tank deck pump-out
- Holding tank gravity drain
- Fixed 3 bladed prop
- Engine room light (red & white)
- Xantrex MS 2000 Charger/Invertor
- Remote Xantrex control panel in nav station
- Xantrex Battery Monitor system in nav station
- 12V DC Electrical system
- 110V AC Electrical system
- 27 Series starting battery
- (2) 4D Series batteries, Aprox 400 amp house bank
- Link 1000 energy Monitor
- Selector switch
- 50' Shore power cord
- Polarity indicator and GFI
- Numerous 110V outlets
- Insulated backstay
Spars and Rigging
Sail area is 739 sq. ft. (100% Fore Triangle) P=45.75' E=13.25' I=50.50' J=17.25'
- Selden keel-stepped, double spreader, aluminum mast
- Leisure Furling Boom
- Rigid boom vang
- 130% Headsail with sun cover on Furlex roller furling System
- Color coded running rigging
- Deck-mounted traveler with leads to cockpit
- Twin backstays
- Internal halyards led aft to cockpit
- #48 Lewmar Primary Winches
- #44 electrical halyard winch
- 2 ea #30 halyard winches
- Line hangers for cockpit
- Extra jib halyard
- Caliber Double Seal Integral Keel
- Water Tight Collision Bulkhead
- Water tight Rudder Dam
- Caliber Triple-Support Rudder System
- Delta Anchor with 200’ Chain
- CQR 45lb with chain and rode
- ACR Global EPIRB
- Dingy AB 9.6
- Yamaha 6HP
- Dingy anchor
- Dock lines
It is understood that Caliber Brokers, Inc., brokers, its agents, employees, officers, and owner/seller offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his surveyor(s), to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated.
This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. PLEASE NOTE: All electronics, electrical, mechanical, engines, spars, rigging, sails and plumbing are listed for verification purposes but not warranted in the selling price of the boat.
The information provided in the listing, emails, photos, Caliber websites, written correspondence and verbally stated were and is supplied in good faith and does not guarantee its accuracy. Caliber Brokers, Inc., brokers, its agents, employees, officers, and owner/ seller reserve the right to modify or change this information without notice. All specifications and measurements are approximate. Caliber Brokers, Inc., brokers, its agents, employees, officers, and owner/seller are in no way responsible for the use of this information.
It is understood and agreed by the Purchasers that they have ACCEPTED THE VESSEL AS IS, WHERE IS, AND THERE IS NO WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, by Caliber Brokers, Inc., brokers, its agents, employees, officers and the owners/sellers.