- View Full Specifications
Great Cruising Location
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- EUR 288,000 Tax Not Paid (US$ 305,309)
Boasting a typically huge blue water sailing spec, GINGER is a very smart example of the cult Amel Super Maramu 2000. 2001 launch and EU VAT paid.
Every year since 2009 we have spent between 5 and 6 months on board GINGER. Our start point was Port Grimaud France, from here we sailed and visited each European Mediterranean Country. Passing through the straits of Gibraltar we then sailed to Portugal to Maderia and then to Brazil. From Brazil we travelled back to the Caribbean. From the Caribbean we travelled through the Panama Canal and reached the Galapagos Islands, then Tahiti and Finally we arrived into Fiji.
Following our departure from Fiji the yacht has been stored ashore and has been professionally looked after by the yard.
- The boat is CE certified by French Merchant Marine
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- The Amel Super Maramu has a construction technique that is absolutely unique in the industry. The yield is an extremely strong and solid one piece hull and deck assembly; a true monocoque.
- The hull uses as solid laminate of biaxial fiberglass cloth and is moulded in one piece incorporating one piece/non-spliced lengths of biaxial cloth running from bulwark, down through the keel/centerline, and up to the opposite bulwark.
- The deck assembly is built in a similar fashion but with a core of Baltek vertical end grain balsa in strategic horizontal areas to enhance stiffness and is insulation from heat and noise.
- Furniture and structural bulkheads are installed whilst the hull remains in the mould.
- Deck assembly is joined to the hull whilst hull remains in the mould with six layers of biaxial cloth to marry the hull and deck with a homogeneous fiberglass matrix to ensure a strong and leak free hull and deck join.
- Two coats of antifouling paint with primer
- Two watertight bulkheads (forward cabin and aft cabin)
Keel & Rudder:
- Wide low aspect ratio encapsulated keel with flat bottom to allow grounding.
- The keel has long wings, which not only aid stiffness and weatherlyness, but also act as pitch stabilizers when going 5 knots or better.
- The propeller is mounted on the trailing edge of the keel to protect propeller and also reduce noise and vibration in owner’s cabin.
- The rudder is hung from a massive full-length skeg assembly that can support the entire laden weight of the vessel in case of a grounding.
- The rudder shaft has a conventional stuffing box.
- Keel and skeg are solid laminate for maximum strength
Engine & gearbox:
- Engine Volvo Penta 105 hp 4-cylinder diesel engine
- Double Racor fuel filter system
- Engine control panel in cockpit
- Engine compartment very spacious, soundproofed and water-tight
Propulsion & Steering:
- Pull-pull rack and pinion system employing sheathed stainless steel cables/rods.
- Emergency steering system
- Three-bladed propeller
- Rope cutter on propeller shaft
- 24v Amel Telescopic Bow thruster with control from the cockpit
- 24v domestic with 12v for start services and 220v via generator, inverter or shorepower.
- 1x 12v engine start battery
- 8x 12v service batteries joined in parallel and series to supply 24v
- 12v/220v charger for start batteries
- 24v/220v charger for service batteries
- 24v/220v secondary charger for service batteries
- Generator Onan 7 Kw of power at 1500 rev / min
- 2x 12v alternators for start batteries
- 1x 24v alternator for domestic banks.
- Wind generator
- Solar panels
- Shore power cable with extension and various adapters
- 220 Volt power outlets in all cabins
- Circuit protection against electrolysis: all metal parts in contact with any type of fluid are connected to the anode (zinc) fixed to the rudder blade
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
- 24v pressure system with tank for hot and cold fresh water.
- 220 Volt immersion heater element plus heat exchanger from the engine
- Filtered fresh water supply
- Emergency manual fresh water pump under the sink
- Watermaker 220vAC
- 3 circuits of bilge pumps : Main Bilge electric pomp in the engine compartment
- Second Bilge electric pomp in the engine compartment
- Manual bilge pump in the cockpit beside the helm
- Gas for cooking: 2 bottles with electronic solenoid
- Hot and cold fresh water shower on deck
- Anchor wash down controlled in the cockpit
- Total capacity of 600 litres
- 1000 litres carried in the stub keel, to provide a double bottom and to weight of the water quite low in the boat
- Manual water tank gauge at companionway
- Holding tanks on both fore and aft heads.
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- B&G Hydra instruments
- Furuno Radar
- VDO Chart plotter
- Raymarine autopilot
- Steering compass
- Sailor VHF
- Entel ATIS VHF
- Icom ICM710 SSB
- Vizada 150 FleetBroadband satelite phone with internet
- Stainless Gas Stove with 4 burners plus oven
- Adjustable Freezer / Refrigerator 24 Volt under the dinette settee
- Electric refrigerator 24V stainless steel front opening in the galley
- Dishwasher, stainless steel, 220 Volt top opening in the galley
- Microwave / grill combined oven 220 Volt
- Extractor fan in galley
- Double sink with hot & cold water supply
- Washing / drying machine 220 volt top-loading 8 kg
- 2 marine heads
- Showers with thermostats
- Hot and cold water in the toilets
Heating & Ventilation:
- Air conditioning 220 Volt for hot / cold - forward cabin, saloon and aft cabin
Summary of Accommodation:
- Aft cabin oceanic version (single bed in port side with double bed and single bed to starboard)
- Vessel interior is divided into 3 watertight areas: Forward cabin, Salon, Aft cabin
- Up to 9 berths in 2 cabins plus saloon and passage-making berth in walkthrough to aft cabin
- African Mahogany joinery with semi-gloss polyurethane varnish finish
- Cream-coloured vinyl headlinings
- Mahogany soleboards with blue carpets
- Cloth upholstery throughout
- All the berths have lee-cloths and boards
- Settee, carpets and curtains are machine washable
- Opening hinged dunnages, antiskid, made of sandwich polyester / balsa
- The boat is delivered with full inventory including mattresses, curtains, carpets, saloon table extension, shower curtains etc.
Description of Accommodation from Forward:
- The guest stateroom is just aft of a large chain locker isolated from the accommodation by a genuine full height watertight collision bulkhead with a watertight door allowing access into the chain locker.
- The cabin features a very large V-berth with 2 single berths. A filler panel and cushion are provided that can convert this V-berth into a large double berth to port with a single berth to starboard.
- There is a writing desk hung on the bulkhead that easily folds down or up as required.
- Just aft to starboard is a large hanging locker with the guest head opposite to port.
- The guest head has a vanity with extra deep wash basin, electric marine toilet with holding tank, and an integral shower with a spray curtain to provide a dedicated shower stall area.
- The head includes 6 large deep storage cubicles.
- The saloon is separated from the forward accommodation by a full height watertight collision bulkhead with a submarine type watertight door.
- The saloon contains a very spacious U-shaped dinette with table to port with a settee opposite to starboard.
- Outboard of the settee is a pull-out pilot/sea berth with a detachable privacy curtain.
- Outboard of the sea berth are very deep storage lockers.
- A virtually identical locker arrangement is opposite all the way outboard to port less the television
- Expansive storage space
- The U-shaped galley is located in the port side after quarter of the saloon.
- There is plenty of counter space for meal preparation and an abundance of storage both in and about the galley.
- The full sized navigation station is aft of the saloon to starboard with the U-shaped galley directly opposite to port.
- The navigation station faces outboard with a large chart table and a pylon seat.
- There is storage inside the chart table for navigation supplies as well as two drawers and two lockers just beneath.
- Next to the navigation station is a large hanging locker, suitable for jackets and foul weather gear.
- The passageway to the aft cabin contains a single berth with the battery containment compartment just beneath.
- The owner’s has a genuine full height watertight collision bulkhead at its entry with a submarine style watertight door.
- There is another genuine full-height watertight bulkhead at the extreme aft end of the owner’s stateroom, partitioning this cabin from the lazarette accessed from on deck.
- The owners' stateroom is the oceanic version with a single bed in port side with double bed and single bed to starboard.
- Safe in aft cabin
Aft Cabin Ensuite Heads:
- The owners stateroom has an en suite head to port that contains a vanity with extra deep wash basin, electric marine toilet with holding tank, and an integral shower with a spray curtain to provide a dedicated shower stall area.
- Masthead ketch rig
- The aluminum alloy spars and booms are zinc chromated, primed and then painted in cream colored polyurethane.
- Both masts are deck stepped to massive compression assemblies that carry the compression loads into the hull.
- 1x 19 stainless steel wire standing rigging - 2001
- Amel Electric furling jib (can be disconnected for manual use)
- Bamar electric furling staysail (can be disconnected for manual use)
- Amel main mast and boom with electric furler and outhaul for the main sail (can be used manually)
- Amel Mizzen mast and boom with manual furler and outhaul
- Adjustable sheet travellers for genoa and staysail, with cockpit controls, AMEL System.
- Mainsail traveler on coach roof with control from cockpit
- Amel double pole system
- 11 self-tailing Lewmar winches including 3 electric
- Tri-radial furling mainsail
- Tr-radial furling mizzen sail
- Tri-radial furling genoa
- Tri-radial furling staysail
- Tri-radial furling genneker/spinnaker
- Very large central cockpit is well protected by hard dodger with opening window designed for blue water offshore passages
- Stainless Steel handrail around entire boat
- 7 lockers: 2 for sails, 3 others for compressor, dive cylinders and dinghy, with plenty of space for outboard, electric inflating pump and fenders etc
- Strong swim ladder / aluminium passarelle
- Air compressor for diving bottles
- 13 cleats and 4 fairleads
- 4 hatches and 4 opening ports
- Removable, folding cockpit table
Anchoring & Mooring:
- Electric windlass with dual control (at bow and from the cockpit)
- Double anchor roller, for the anchor and for the mooring
- CQR anchor with hot galvanized chain
- Spare anchor complete with chain and rope
- Mooring and warps, spare parts, boat hook
- Meter counter of the anchor chain with remote switch Up/Down
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
- Awning for cockpit and aft deck
- Winter storage awning which completely encloses the cockpit
Tender & Outboard:
- Stainless steel davits
- Honda outboard
- Life raft
- 2x horseshoe buoys
- 406mhz Epirb
- Safety equipment such as fires, vests, belts etc.
- Automatic fire extinguisher in the engine compartment
- Manual fire extinguishers
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Tel: +44 (0)1590 673715 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Alex Grabau at +44(0)1590 673715
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Amel / Carteau
LOA: 15.97 m
Beam: 4.60 m
LWL: 12.60 m
Minimum Draft: 2.05 m
Maximum Draft: 2.05 m
Displacement: 16000 kgs
Ballast: 5588 kgs
Total Power: 105 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo Penta
Year Built: 2001
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 105 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (1000 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: (800 Liters)
Holding Tanks: 2
Number of single berths: 4
Number of double berths: 3
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
Number of bathrooms: 2
Wind speed and direction
Fresh water maker
Manual bilge pump
Sea water pump
Electric bilge pump
Shore power inlet
Electrical Circuit: 24V
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.
Other Boats from Grabau International
Super Maramu 2000
Brisbane, stateprovince.QLD, Australia
Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States
Unknown, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Unknown, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Unknown, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Chichester, United Kingdom