- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Mathews, VA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 249,500
ZIMMERANG is a semi-custom DownEast cruiser, built to very high standards by Zimmerman Marine. Extensive upgrades by current owner, including new counter tops, new upholstery, and new air conditioning system have resulted in a comfortable and fresh interior This boat has been maintained by the builder each season to very high standards, and stored indoors each winter.
Priced reduced! Well maintained, inside stored, shows great!!
For more information about the Z36, visit zimmermanmarine website.
Please contact at 804-725-3440
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Zimmerman Marine
Designer: Spencer Lincoln
LOA: 40 ft 8 in
Beam: 12 ft 10 in
LWL: 33 ft 8 in
Maximum Draft: 3 ft 11 in
Displacement: 20000 lbs Half Load
Total Power: 370 HP
Engine Brand: Cummins
Year Built: 2000
Engine Model: 6BTA5.9-M3
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2300
Engine Power: 370 HP
Cruising Speed: 15 mph @ 2450 RPM
Maximum Speed: 20 mph
Fuel Tanks: 2 Aluminum (300 Gallons)
Total Power: 370
Cruising Speed: 14 knots at 2500 RPM
Max Speed: 18 knots
Total Hours: 2300
Transmission rebuilt 2016
Fuel: 300 main, 68 reserve
Fresh Water: 100
ZIMMERANG is an exceptionally capable boat - just what you would expect from a Maine built workboat hull. Her full keel protects the shaft and prop in the event of grounding, and provides directional stability while underway. The fine bow provides for a comfortable ride, with no pounding. This semi displacement hull with the power provided cruises at 14 knots.
- Corecell, closed cell PVC foam above waterline
- Bottom Protection System: vinylester outer skin finished with Interprotect epoxy barrier coat system
- Interlux Micron CSC bottom paint
- Fighting Lady Yellow AwlGrip hull
Powered by rugged Cummins engine, with great attention to sound and vibration reduction.
- Cummins 6BTA5.9-M3 370 HP
- Vibration dampening mounts
- 25 X 20 5 blade propeller
- Tides Strong Shaft seal
- 2" Aquamet 22 propeller shaft
- Dual Racor fuel filters with select valve
- Remote Oil Transfer System
- Manual hydraulic steering system
ZIMMERANG has a spacious main cabin, with an L-shape settee to port, and entertainment cabinet and chair to stbd. The settee converts to a double berth for guests. All seating material is UltraLeather and UltraSuede. The main cabin includes the helm station to stbd. and a nav. station to port, with matching Stidd helm chairs so that two people can sit facing fwd. while running the boat. With two overhead hatches, two opening doors, and six opening windows, the main cabin has excellent visibility and ventilation. All windows have Ocean Air custom shades, and hatches have sun shades with screens.
The galley is down, but open to the helm station and open above. Light and ventilation are abundant in the well equipped galley, including a Norcold refrigerator, additional Norcold freezer, microwave, and Force 10 propane stove.
The head is ample, with a separate stall shower.
The fwd. cabin has a dresser of drawers to port, hanging locker to starboard, double berth, and plenty of storage.
- Cherry joinery against white surfaces throughout
- Maple cabin sole with Cherry inlay
- Extensive sound and vibration insulation system
- Excellent ventilation, light, and visibility
- MarineAir, 16,000 and 8,000 BTU, new 2014
Deck & House
The deck and cabin are cored fiberglass for stiffness, weight savings, and sound and temperature insulation. The hull-to-deck joint is bedded in permanent adhesive and bolted every 12 inches with type 316 stainless steel bolts. The cockpit is fiberglass, with teak planking overlay.
- Cored Fiberglass
- Deck Protection System: epoxy composite in all deck openings and fastener locations
- Gelcoat finish with Awl-Grip non-skid areas in contrasting color.
All deck hardware is stainless steel. KATO Marine stern davits on transom.
- PVC rubrail with stainless cap
- Stainless bow rail
- (2) 12'6" stainless handrails on cabin top
- (2) 6'8" stainless handrails on cabin trunk
- (6) 12" stainless deck cleats
- (2) stainless bow chocks
- Aluminum frame windows
- Aluminum sliding door at helm
- Aluminum swing door in aft bulkhead
- Solid fiberglass bow/anchor platform with anchor roller
- (1) stainless steel 24" X 24" opening hatch
- (2) stainless steel 8" x 14" opening hatches
- (5) 5 X 12 stainless opening ports with screens
- Stainless deck fills and pump out fitting
- Teak Name Boards
- 48" fixed Aluminum Mast for antennas and lights
- Canvas Windshield cover
- Canvas covers for windlass and nameboards
- Swim platform with swim ladder
ZIMMERMANG is well equipped and ready for extensive cruising. Instruments are carefully located into integrated helm console, with data feed to nav station for computer.
- Icom M127 with DSC
- Furuno GP35 GPS
- Furuno # 1831 4kw radar
- Raytheon ST 50 Tri Data Instruments
- Raytheon 6000 Auto Pilot
- Racor vacuum gauge at helm
- Carbon monoxide alarm
- High water alarm
- 4 auto bilge pumps
- Wired for computer at Nav. station
- Cell antenna
- Lofrans windlass
- 35 lb. CQR anchor with 150 feet 5/16" BBB Chain
- Salt water washdown pump, bow and cockpit
- Cockpit shower
- Bow Thruster - Scanvik
- Tank Tender Monitoring System
- (3) 20" pantograph windshield wipers and motors
- (2) 10 lb. aluminum propane cylinders
- Remote propane shut off control and valveC
- MTI Carbon monoxide monitor
- Ritchie compass
- Fireboy Halon fire extinguishing system for engine room
- Dual Trumpet Airhorn
- SeaLand VacuFlush head system
ZIMMERANG's electrical system is designed for reliability and redundancy. AC power provided by Panda 4kw genset in soundshield, or by Heart 20 Amp inverter with three stage battery charger.
- 30 amp. Hubbell shore power inlet
- 30 amp. Hubbell shore power cord
- Lifeline AGM batteries (2) 8 D's for house, (1) Group 31 for engine (new 2014)
- Heart Freedom 20 Inverter/Charger
- Link 2000 electrical system monitor
- Fisher Panda 4 Kw with air/water separator and sound shield
- Lifeline Regulator
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.