- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Lymington, Hampshire, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 39,950 Tax Paid (US$ 49,710)
- Sale Pending
Windy 25 Mirage PURPLE HAZE V is in exceptional condition for a yacht of her age. She is kitted out with several very practical extras and boasts a great specification which includes, teak decking, blue hull stripe, battery charger and shore power, powerful WIFI hotspot, kill cord and much more. She has low hours on her punchy KAD44 diesel engine, which has been serviced annually, along with the outdrive - including a full service in 2016. Priced to sell!
Please contact Cameron McKeon at +44 (0)1590 679222
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
PURPLE HAZE V
Builder: Windy Boats AS
Designer: Hans J Johnsen
LOA: 25 ft 1 in
Beam: 8 ft 2 in
Displacement: 1900 kgs
Total Power: 260 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo
Engine Model: KAD44
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 260 HP
Number of single berths: 2
Number of cabins: 1
Number of heads: 1
Extras above Standard Specification
- Blue hull stripe.
- Blue Sunbrella cockpit upholstery with white piping.
- Teak laid bathing platform and cockpit.
- 1000W electric anchor windlass, s/s anchor and self-stowing bow roller.
- Garmin echoMAP 50 series.
- Aqua Premium WiFi 4G Mimo System 2016. (provides powerful WIFI hotspot at sea)
- ICOM – M 323 VHF.
- JVC high quality Bluetooth sound system.
- Mobile phone loudspeaker system at the helm.
- Shore power & battery charger.
- Trim tabs & indicator.
- Blue canvas tonneau.
- White camper canopy.
The WINDY 25 MIRAGE is a sublime piece of design and craftsmanship from Windy Boats AS. The Hans J. Johnsen hull is immensely maneuverable and has been reviewed as the best handling boat in the world by Motor Boat & Yachting.
She has a true deep-vee hull – which allows her to cut through chop with zest whilst always remaining composed, safe and, above all, fun to drive.
The Mirage cockpit is a simple wrap-round U-shaped seat, beautifully trimmed, with a full teak sole, recessed fridge, sink and two rotating helm seats forward. The dash console is clear of clutter, with all switches to hand and a highly ergonomic driving position. Her cabin is fully lined; has a hanging locker, double berth and a concealed marine w.c. for over-nighting if required.
“PURPLE HAZE” has been kept on the South Coast. She is beautifully presented and exceptionally good for a Mirage of her age – her engine bay is meticulously clean, her cockpit teak and Sunbrella exterior cushions also. Her owner believes she has only run some 300 hours since new – and the lack of obvious wear indicates this also. She is kept on a dry stack each year over the winter months and has her engines and outdrives winterised and serviced annually. Her owner has had her professionally waxed, polished and antifouled in March and November 2016 for the 2017 season. A lot of the boats equipment i.e. Navigation, batteries, fire extinguishers, lines, fenders, props etc. have all been replaced by her meticulous current owner over the last 12 – 18 months.
A very well equipped, turnkey example of this highly regarded pocket sports boat.
Deck, Cockpit and Superstructure:
- Blue GRP hull stripe with white waterline stripe.
- Hull and superstructure professionally polished late 2016.
- Antifouled for 2017 season.
- Windscreen with stainless steel surround.
- Stainless steel guardrails and pulpit.
- Teak-laid, cockpit sole & bathing platform.
Lay up Weights (Reinforcement Only)
- Deck - 8.7oz/ft2 (2.65kg/m2).
- Topsides - 8.4oz/ft2 (2.55kg/m2) & Divinycell Sandwich.
- Chine - 21.1oz/ft2 (6.45kg/m2).
- Bottom – 15.9oz/ft2 (4.85kg/m2)
- Keel – 22.1oz/ft2 (6.75kg/m2).
- Volvo Penta KAD44 (260HP) – estimated 300 hours @ November 2016.
- Engine and outdrive serviced by Volvo agent, invoices available upon request. Last full service in March 2016.
- New Volvo Penta Duo Prop for the outdrive.
- Volvo Penta EDC throttle control.
- Power steering.
- Trim tabs with indicators at helm station.
- Complete engine instrumentation.
- Kill cord fitted by Volvo agent.
- Engine spares (1 x fan belt, 1 x impeller and engine oils).
- New automatic fire extinguisher fitted 2016.
RPM, KNOTS, N/LM, L/h, DBA.
1000, 6.2, 0.32, 2, 63.
1500, 8.1, 0.99, 8, 68.
2000, 13.8, 1.08, 15, 79.
2500, 23.4, 1.07, 25, 80.
2800, 26.9, 1.04, 28, 81.
3000, 30, 1.00, 30, 81.
3200, 32.4, 1.05, 34, 83.
3400, 34.7, 1.12, 39, 84.
3600, 37.2, 1.18, 44, 85.
3800, 39.3, 1.25, 49, 85.
3960, 41.1, 1.36, 56, 87.
* (hull condition and weather may dramatically affect performance)
- Fuel tank (aluminium) – 66 g (300 l) – with gauge at helm station.
- Water tank (aluminium) – 15.5 g (75 l) – with gauge at helm station.
- Manual sea heads in cabin.
- Cold water transom shower.
- Fresh water sink with retractable tap.
- One electric, one manual bilge pump.
- 1 x start battery – new 2016.
- 2 x service batteries – new 2016.
- Battery charger.
- 12V accommodation lighting.
- Navigation lights.
- Individual switches and circuit breakers.
Arrangement from Forward
- Luxury fittings in high gloss wood.
- Luxury bulkhead and deck head linings.
- Teak and holly cabin sole.
- Large U-shaped sofa.
- Retractable high gloss table.
- Infill to convert sofa to double berth.
- Mirror on forward bulkhead.
- Opening central deck hatch.
- 12V Ceiling lights & port-light.
- Sea heads with retractable lid under sofa.
- Deck fridge mounted in cockpit sole.
- Pull out shower for transom.
- Sink with adjustable tap next to co-pilot seating.
- 2 x Fire extinguishers.
- Teak-laid decking.
- Lazarette storage under cockpit sole.
- Engine access supported by gas struts.
- Helm seat with bolster.
- Co-pilot seat with bolster.
- Cockpit seating both to port and starboard.
- Storage under seating.
- Stainless steel anchor (13m chain & line).
- 6 x Stainless steel mooring cleats (forward, amidships, quarter).
- 4 x new fenders & mooring lines.
- Teak-laid decking & shower.
- Retractable bathing ladder.
- Quarter cleats, ski hook/towing eye.
- Tonneau & camper canopies.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Berthon
42 Grand Bora
Lymington, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Southampton, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Lymington, Hampshire, United Kingdom