- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Antigua, Antigua & Barbuda
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- EUR 7,900,000 Tax Not Paid (US$ 9,287,240)
Available for inspection via prior appointment.
Please contact Adam Papadakis at +44 (0)20 7009 1950
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Van der Graaf B.V.
Flag of Registry: United Kingdom
LOA: 45.90 m
Beam: 8.10 m
Minimum Draft: 5.20 m
Maximum Draft: 5.20 m
Total Power: 460 HP
Engine Brand: Baudoin
Engine Model: 6R 124 (5RP2)
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 12000
Engine Power: 460 HP
Cruising Speed: 9 knots
Maximum Speed: 15 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (12000 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: (9000 Liters)
Number of cabins: 4
Number of heads: 8
Water makers: 2 x Dessalator 200 litres/hr
Fresh water treatment: UV Light and Carbon Filter
Hot water: 3 x 200 litres Immersion Tanks
Waste water treatment: Hamann Black Water treatment plant
FIRE ALARM Smoke/heat alarms throughout yacht
HEADS TECMA Macerator type
This spacious and airy stateroom is accessed from the companionway entrance and runs the full width of the yacht’s beam. It is well illuminated by portholes and a large skylight. There is a large double bed, fitted wardrobes, drawers, dressing table and seating area with an office desk. The adjoining luxurious bathroom includes a marble topped bathtub, shower, twin basins and toilet.
Twin guest cabin, starboard:
Situated amidships with access from the companionway, it has two single berths, a wardrobe, drawers under the bunks, a bedside cabinet with glass fronted book case above and desk. The en-suite bathroom has a shower, basin and toilet.
Double guest cabin, port forward:
This second stateroom is lavishly appointed with its own sitting area and table. The large comfortable queen sized bed has numerous drawers and stowage below. There is a large bureau writing desk with glass fronted book case above, a set of drawers, wardrobe and an en-suite bathroom with shower, basin and toilet.
Double guest cabin, port aft:
Accessed from the main companionway, this spacious cabin also has an en-suite bathroom with shower, basin, and toilet. It is well equipped with a writing desk with glass fronted book case above, full length wardrobe, hanging closet and drawers.
This magnificent traditionally panelled saloon spans the full beam of the yacht. The mahogany dining table to port seats up to eight guests, while to starboard, there are two solid mahogany coffee tables and a full length settee. There are numerous side boards, glass cabinets and lockers with a concealed hi fi and television system. At the entrance is a bar with a drinks refrigerator.
Situated next to the navigation station and main companionway, it has a single berth, wardrobe and chest of drawers. There is an en-suite shower room with a basin and toilet.
Galley & Laundry:
The large all stainless steel professional galley is fully equipped with modern appliances, including a large oven, Siemens hob, microwave oven, dishwasher, ice machine and coffee machine. It is situated forward of the salon, and is accessible from both the crew quarters and saloon.
The laundry area is equipped with modern professional washing machine and a tumbler/dryer.
There are eight crew berths in three cabins which are all accessible from a separate crew companionway. There are two bathrooms with basins, showers and toilets. A crew mess with TV is situated to Starboard with a laundry area forward.
GALLEY AND LAUNDRY EQUIPMENT
- Cold room 220 V /Approx. 2000 litres
- 4 x Fridges 220 V/ 3 x 220 litres, 1 x 170 litres
- 4 x Freezers 220 V/ 4 x 91 litres
- Ice maker
- Miele Pyro ceramic hob, 5 Burners
- Miele Electric oven
- Nikae Microwave
- Lamber dishwasher
- Naeco professional coffee machine
- Miele professional 6kg Washing Machine
- Miele professional 6 kg Tumble Dryer
COMMUNICATIONS, NAVIGATION AND ENTERTAINMENT EQUIPMENT
- Sailor Standard C
- Simrad AIS transmit and receive
- Thrane & Thrane 150 Fleet Broadband sat phone
- PABX managing satellite
- 3g fax and phone communications in all of the cabins and crew quarters
- H.P. PhotosmartC410 Printer/Scanner and Photocopier
- Office computer
- Simrad Shipmate RS 8400 DSC VHF
- Navigation computer with Maxsea software and monitor
- Repeat monitor at the helm station
- Simrad IS 15 depth and boat speed
- Simrad GPS Shipmate GN 30
- Furuno Navnet radar
- Navtex ICS
- Simrad Autopilot AP 50
- Simrad AIS transmit and receive
- Compass: John Lilley compass housed in brass binnacle on teak pedestal
- Flat screen TV 40” HD in a mahogany cabinet in the saloon
- DVD, Multi zone player NAD
- Hi-fi in the saloon
- IPod docking station
TENDERS AND WATERSPORTS EQUIPMENT
- Grey Valiant 500 Sport RIB with a Mercury Four Stroke 60 HP outboard
- 5.00m Classic mahogany tender with electric motor for 8 (Beam: 1.70 m)
- 3.70m Classic wooden rowing tender for 5 (Beam: 1.50 m)
- Both classic tenders - clinker construction built to original Herreshoff designs
- Snorkelling gear
- Fishing Equipment
- Water skis
- WINDLASS: Orvea 400v with warping capstan
- ANCHORS: 2 x 250 kg Fisherman, stowed on deck
- ANCHOR CHAINS: 120 meters 18 mm galvanised chain to Starboard
- ANCHOR CHAINS: 160 meters 18 mm galvanised chain to port
- WINCHES: 5 x Meissner 500 series 24v. electric
- WINCHES: 2 x Meissner 300 series 24v. electric
- WINCHES: 12 x Meissner 300 series manual
- WINCHES: 4 x Meissner 30 series manual
- HYDRAULIC STEERING: To traditional teak wheel
- TABLES: 2 x Collapsible smaller teak tables
- TABLES: Large fixed teak table over the main saloon
- DECK CHAIRS: 4 x Reclining
- DECK CHAIRS: 6 x Directors chairs
- DECK CHAIRS: Fixed settees in front of the helm seat
- BOARDING LADDER: 1 x Teak with brass stanchions mounted amidships on the starboard side
- SWIMMING LADDER: 1 x Movable stainless
- PASSERELLE: 1 x Folding teak with brass stanchions
RIGS AND SAILS
- SAIL AREA: 1,100 sqm
- SAIL WARDROBE: Incidences, James Lawrence, North Sails
- MAIN SAIL: 364 sqm
- JACK YARD TOP SAIL: 100 sqm
- FORE SAIL: 168 sqm
- FORE TOP SAIL: 63 sqm
- JIB TOP 1: 175 sqm
- STAYSAIL: 100 sqm
- JIB 1: 108 sqm
- BALLOONER: 648 sqm
- GOLLY WOBBLER: 565 sqm
- FISHERMAN: 149 sqm
- QUEEN SAIL: 76 sqm
SAIL AREA IN BREEZE
- DOWNWIND: 1,308 sqm
- REACHING: 1,025 sqm
- UPWIND: 876 sqm
- MASTS & SPARS: Oregon Pine
- STANDING RIGGING: Galvanised Lower Shrouds, S/S Uppers and Forestays
- RUNNING RIGGING: English Braids assorted to suit
SAIL AREA IN FAIR WIND
- DOWNWIND: 1,618 sqm
- REACHING: 1,908 sqm
- UPWIND: 1,046 sqm
SAFETY AND SECURITY EQUIPMENT
- 2 x SarSat Corpas EPIRB’s
- 2 x 26 Kg Co2 in Engine Room
- 16 x Assorted Sizes and Types throughout
- 1 x Electric Driven IFP Pump
- 1 x Electric “D. A. BONE” Pump
- 1 x Motor Driven IFP Pump
- 1 x Portable Diesel Driven IFP Pump
REFIT 2014 DETAILS
The following works were done to Eleonora between December 2013 and April 2014, at the Tarragona Shipyard. All works were supervised by Bureau Veritas, to their complete satisfaction:
• 2 x 33kW Kohler Generators, 2014.(One in sound proof box (night generator))
• Main Engine moved forward for shaft pull and periodical survey done. Possibility to extend survey to every 10 years.
• New mounts on main engine.
• Shaft re-aligned. Tail shaft pulled and dye tested.
• New stern tube seals
• Thrust bearing overhaul (new oil seals, coupling bearings, speed sleeve)
• Engine room re-insulated and sound proofed, new perforated ceiling.
• All fans & pumps given new bearings, bushes etc. Now much quieter.
• Exhaust lagging and mounts renewed.
• Exhaust system inspected (Ultra sonic thickness testing)
• New sound & heat proofing done, fire system overhauled.
• Bilges and Engine room repainted
• Seacocks serviced and worked
• Black water tanks sandblasted & painted.
• Grey water tanks de-rusted and painted.
• Fresh water tanks re-painted.
• Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration systems overhauled.
• Windlass overhauled, including new bushes, bearings etc.
• All deck winches stripped down and serviced.
• Chain locker painted, chain re-marked.
• Hydraulic steering rams overhauled.
• Bottom sandblasted back to fairing, and re-faired.
• Interspeed antifouling system applied ( 3 year paint system)
• All portholes removed, new seals, primed, faired and painted.
• Topsides sanded and painted in ‘Snow White’ Awlgrip system.
• Capping Rail and Bowsprit stripped, and varnish built up.
• Bowsprit tensioners re-designed, and replaced in stainless steel.
• Crew-quarters and heads re-painted.
• Galley re-painted, Sole re-varnished.
• All cabin soles varnished.
• Spot repairs to deck where necessary.
This yacht is built on the lines of the legendary schooner Westward. Westward was launched on March 31 1910, as hull number 692 at the Herreshoff Manufacturing Co. in Bristol, Rhode Island, USA. She was arguably one of the most famous and best known racing schooners in the world. She was designed by Nathanael Greene Herreshoff, the ‘Wizard of Bristol’: the designer of the America’s Cup defenders which turned back all six challenges from 1893 to 1920. Westward was undoubtedly the fastest schooner in the world in 1910 and following years. With Captain Charlie Barr, who was one of the finest racing skippers in the world at her helm, she sailed successfully against racing yachts such as Britannia, Lulworth, Meteor II, and won numerous trophies. For thirty seven years, Westward graced the yachting scene and represented all that was best in yacht design and workmanship.
This yacht not only follows Westward’s heritage of big schooner racing but also offers, with her comfort and space, an unforgettable cruising and relaxing experience.
She was built at the Van der Graaf shipyard in Holland and was launched in March 2000. Since then, she has successfully participated in a number of classic sailing regattas and hosted on board a number of high profile guests during her charter activities.
She shows astonishing beauty under sail, her slender hull cutting a pathway through the sea in an elegant combination of beauty and power.
Over one hundred years after the launch of Westward, we are again able to appreciate the awesome majesty and grandeur of this superb classic sailing yacht underway, sails filled as she surges forward, her white wake streaming behind.
With no sacrifice to luxurious standards of comfort, her staterooms and the entire interior display the ambience and elegance of another age.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.