- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 439,000
Carousel is a late model (2000) Custom Taswell 50 in excellent condition and ready to cruise worldwide. Carousel is without exception the finest and most customized Taswell 50 ever built. Her experienced original and current owner was involved in hundreds of details prior to and during construction at Ta Shing shipyard, one of the world’s premier yacht builders. Carousel’s interior arrangement offers many improvements including a larger navigation center, expanded galley, custom salon with lounge seats and coffee table to starboard, and custom transverse settees and dining table to port.
The talent and experience of Carousel’s designer, Bill Dixon, are evident in all aspects including her attractive deck styling, exquisite interior joinery, and fast, sea-kindly hull design. There is extra storage in every cabin and especially the galley, all berths are longer and wider, beautiful matched grain varnished teak woodwork throughout and a teak cabin sole with contrasting inlays. The spacious, bright, well ventilated interior offers living space comparable to many larger designs. The patented shoal Scheel keel allows access to thousands of additional harbors and anchorages not usually accessible to a 50’ yacht. A Stoway mainmast, electric winches automated staysail and headsail furling and bow thruster are valued options that facilitate sailing Carousel shorthanded. Fuel and water capacity have been increased with the addition of custom tanks in the salon and second guest cabin.
Carousel is truly the ultimate cruising yacht for world-wide passage making or coastal cruising.
Call for more information. 954 328 2130
Please contact David Walters at 954-527-0664
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Ta Shing
Designer: Bill Dixon
Flag of Registry: United States
LOA: 50 ft 0 in
Beam: 15 ft 1 in
LWL: 40 ft 8 in
Minimum Draft: 6 ft 0 in
Displacement: 44000 lbs
Ballast: 13000 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 63 ft 6 in
Total Power: 110 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4LHTE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1050
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Engine Power: 110 HP
Cruising Speed: 7 knots
Maximum Speed: 8 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 3 Stainless steel (200 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 3 (300 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 1
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
The interior accommodations begin with a large full beam guest cabin forward with very wide and extended length double berth. A second guest cabin is just aft to port with generous, raised single berth with extra storage locker. Across the passageway to starboard is the guest head featuring a separate stall shower with acrylic shower door, Vacuflush head, vanity with Corian counter tops and medicine locker.
The main salon has been extensively customized with two settees plus a wide inlaid teak adjustable height dining table to port. Two custom arm chairs are mounted to starboard with coffee table. Outboard of the seating, port and starboard on both sides of the salon are shelf lockers, Corian surfaced shelves and additional storage under the shelves.
The spacious office style navigation station is aft of the salon to port with very wide desk with storage under the hinged top, and has a swiveling comfortable chair. Above and outboard of the desk is an array of instruments, communication radios, and remote autopilot control. The boat can be operated entirely from below deck if desired or in foul weather. The Bass electric panel and Panda generator controls are above engine access doors. Total of six access doors around engine room giving excellent engine and generator access.
To starboard is the very impressive, extended U shaped galley, with additional counter space; custom double stainless steel sink; three-burner stove with oven; stainless steel hood with power vent to the exterior; microwave; multiple storage lockers and drawers (all drawers are much deeper for extra storage); and a trash locker is provided adjacent to the sink. A Raritan ice maker is located between galley and dining area
The luxurious aft cabin features a wider, longer queen berth and two chests of drawers. A full length mirror plus dressing table with swing-out swivel seat and large second mirror is set against the forward bulkhead. The ensuite head includes a vanity with medicine cabinet and separate stall shower. Outboard of the shower beneath towel storage is the Spectra watermaker. The aft head is hand operated and provides the option of ElectraSan waste water sterilization treatment or direct overboard discharge.
- Custom chairs, settee with adjustable teak table
- 4 opening ports, two starboard and two port
- 2 Large deck hatches with screen or shade
- Custom side window white sliding Lexan shade/privacy panels
- Custom Cantalupi designed lights with dimmer
Master Aft Stateroom
- Larger and longer centerline queen berth
- Vanity with large mirror, swing out seat and storage drawers. Full length mirror.
- A very large cedar lined hanging closet.
- Single 3 drawer bureau to starboard
- 6 drawer bureau to port.
- Cantalupi dimmable overhead lighting with additional reading lights.
- Head with stainless steel sink and locker behind mirrors, Corian counter and separate stall shower.
- Large overhead hatch with retractable screens and sun shades. 5 opening ports (2 open aft from bed), 3 fixed glass ports.
Forward VIP Guest Cabin
- Full beam suite with very wide, longer double berth
- Two cedar lined hanging closets, double to starboard, single to port
- Very large overhead hatch with custom screens and sun shades (also serves as emergency escape hatch)
- Full-length mirror.
- Overhead plus reading lights.
- Second large forward deck hatch provides extra light and ventilation over the forward end of the berth. Also available as a second escape hatch for the forward cabin
- 2 large drawers under berth. 2 long open shelves alongside berth.
- 5 additional drawers. More storage space beneath berth.
Port Guest Cabin
- Large single berth with large open shelf alongside.
- Drawer bank with lighted mirror above.
- Cedar lined hanging locker.
- Two large storage cabinets.
- Overhead lights plus reading light.
- Overhead hatch with screen and sun shade. Opening port
- Expanded U shaped galley with three large Corian counters
- Glacier Bay 12v refrigerator and freezer.
- Front and top loading for the refrigerator.
- Force 10 3-burner stove including oven
- LPG gas monitor
- Custom exhaust fan with stainless steel hood
- Aluminum propane tank in dedicated outside locker
- Microwave above aft counter.
- Double stainless steel sink with custom Corian basin covers.
- Fresh water foot pump for galley sink
- Seven galley storage drawers (all made much longer)
- 2 large sliding door pantry cabinets. 2 additional storage cabinets.
- Large pot locker under stove.
- Trash bin under aft end of sink counter.
Navigation and Electronics
Custom office layout with hanging file drawer, navigation table with opening top to access storage under the table, chart storage pockets. The navigation center is adjacent to the companionway with flush mounted electronics, 12 volt and 110 volt Bass electric panel, monitor gauges for fuel and water, and inverter and battery control panels. Nav station desk chair.
ELECTRONICS AT NAV CENTER:
- Raymarine R80 Pathfinder GPS/Chartplotter/Radar (no navigation chips)
- ICOM SSB IC M710
- Standard Horizon VHF with DSC
- Raymarine displays for depth, speed and wind (direction and speed)
- Furuno Weatherfax
- Cellphone amplifier with antenna mounted on first spreader
- Solid State Barometer that displays 24 hours of activity
- Battery, temperature gauge
- Fuel and water gauges
- Heart 2500 Charger/Inverter
- Heart Interface battery monitor
- Autopilot remote (hand held)
ELECTRONICS IN COCKPIT:
- Raymarine R70C color radar/chart plotter repeater mounted over companionway
- Simrad A-150 AIS with screen mounted adjacent to the companionway
- Console above the companionway with 4 Raymarine instruments including: Wind direction/speed; close haul; speed with trip log; depth sounder.
- VHF Radio, Autopilot, windless, in mast furling, and bow thruster controls at helm.
12 volt DC and 110 volt AC electrical systems with Bass breaker panel (33 DC breakers, 11 AC breakers), volt and amp meters, polarity indicator and battery condition dial.
- Panda 8 KW diesel generator (310 hours)
- Panda control on panel
- Huge house battery bank: 4 only 200 amp AGM Lifeline D house batteries (900 ahrs)
- Engine and generator starting batteries
- Master switch breaker console and:
- Master switch for house battery bank
- Generator and engine start batteries
- Anchor windlass breaker
- Bow thruster breaker
- Electric winch breakers
- Heart inverter and charger Freedom 2500 with Link 2000 control
- Isolation transformer (for minimizing galvanic corrosion)
- 50 amp shore power system with cord
- Holding tank monitor for forward tank
- Isotherm electric and engine heated water heater
- FlowScan fuel consumption monitor
- Custom Cantalupi lights throughout
- Spreader, navigation, steaming, strobe, anchor, and masthead lights
Engine and Mechanical
- Yanmar 4LHTE diesel, 110 hp (1050 hours)
- Engine room access is exceptional. Includes access for all sides through 6 doors.
- Dual Racor fuel filters, both with pressure gauges (switchable underway)
- Remote engine oil filter
- Oil change pump system for engine and generator
- Lasdrop shaft seal
- Fixed three blade propeller
- Wesmar bow thruster
- 85 amp Yanmar alternator
- High output 200 amp auxiliary alternator additional
- 12,000 BTU Cruisair AC/heat pump - aft stateroom
- 16,000 BTU Cruisair AC/heat pump - main salon
- 10,000 BTU Cruisair AC/heat pump - forward and port cabins
- Spectra Watermaker, 12 volt. 7 gallons per hour with control panel in aft shower
- 4 Bilge pumps, 1 main automatic, 1 back up main automatic, 1 manual, 1 very high capacity emergency 120v water intrusion pump. Loud water intrusion alarm with 2 sensors
- Emergency engine Y valve to divert engine cooling water intake from sea water to bilge water intake
- Engine room manual extra large Halon extinguisher
- 2 pressure fresh water pumps - Shur Flow with 2 accumulators.
- Deck freshwater aft hose bib
- Deck forward seawater hose bib (anchor wash down)
- Aft head: manual with Y valves for direct overboard or LectraSan sterilization first
- Forward head: Vacuflush with Y valve to holding tank or overboard
Solid fiberglass construction with transverse and fore and aft stringers. Includes skeg supported rudder and solid cast lead shoal fin (Scheel) keel. Patented keel design improves windward performance with reduced draft.
- Center cockpit design with three storage lazarettes aft and one chain locker forward.
- Maxwell 3500 windlass with chain stopper with all chain rode
- 3 Anchors: Large Spade aluminum primary anchor, Large CQR in aft locker, Large Fortress 55 FX back up anchor mounted on cabin top
Fiberglass wheel pedestal with:
- Wesmar bow thruster control
- Anchor chain control (raise and lower)
- In-Mast sail furling control
- Single lever engine control with instruments
- Autopilot control
- Rudder angle control
- Ritchie 6” (very large 5 degree marking) compass with stainless steel binnacle
- Elk hide covered stainless folding wheel
- Double leaf folding cockpit table
- Drink holders
- Teak cockpit grating
- 4 extra large 2 inch cockpit drains (quick drainage of any overboard wave into cockpit)
- Bow and stern pulpits 3 inches higher and heavier gauge tubing than usual
- Triple lifelines with additional 3” height
- Aft pulpit seats
- Custom folding swim boarding ladder (stored in transom compartment)
- Custom hand rails on swim platform transom
- Hot & cold freshwater shower on swim platform transom
- AIS, weather fax, GPS, antennas on aft pulpit, satellite weather antenna toe rail, cellphone amplifier antenna first spreader, VHF antenna masthead, self leveling
- Raymarine 4KW radar scanner backstay
- Deck washdown connections:
- Fresh water hose connect aft for deck wash,
- Saltwater hose connect forward for anchor wash down
- Mercury 15 hp 2 stroke outboard
Sails and Rigging
- Aluminum Forespar mast with in mast electric furling
- Forespar Yacht Rod boom vang
- Spare genoa, staysail and spinnaker halyards
- Furlex 300 staysail furler
- Furlex 400 headstay furler
- Boom accidental gibe safety brake
- Forespar telescoping spinnaker/whisker pole mounted on front of mast
- New Gale sail (heavy duty storm jib (slips over headsail)
- Storm Trysail that easily fits on a dedicated mast track
8 Lewmar winches, (all S.S. Self Tailing):
- 2 58 CST electric primary
- 2 48 CST
- 3 40 CST
- 1 30 CST
- Hard fiberglass dodger with extra heavy duty stainless steel tubing, includes 2 cockpit grab rails on hard dodger plus 2 deck grab rails on hard dodger
- Full length Bimini with roll up, removable side panels and connector
- Cockpit cushions
- Givens 6 man liferaft (2008)
- MOM overboard module
- 406 EPIRB - SAT find M3
- Heavy Plexiglas storm boards with stainless steel attach plates
- Water intrusion alarm system with multiple sensors
- Emergency tiller
- Triangular heavy canvas collision mat
- Large Florentino sea anchor
- High capacity 120v emergency water evacuation pump
- Galley utensils, cutlery, pots and pans
- Artwork, personal effects and personal tools not specific to boat service
Additional Items & Features
- All ports stainless steel with screens
- Automatic lights for all interior lockers
- Good access to shaft seal from aft cabin
- Tank access plates to check fuel and water levels and conditions
- Plexiglass sliding privacy shade panels translucent white for fixed ports in salon and galley
- Extra lighting throughout with dimmers for aft cabins, salon and galley overhead lights
- Extra 110v outlets
- Locking floor boards
- All deck hatches screened, most with shade/screen combination
- Many spares including
-complete autopilot system (hydraulic pump & RAM dedicated to AP computer
-spare battery charger/inverter
-generator fuel pump
-refrigerator sea water circulating pump
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from David Walters Yachts
Hull 10 RS
Newport, RI, United States
Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States
Charleston, SC, United States
Brunswick, GA, United States
Lake Worth, FL, United States