- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Georgetown, ME
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 189,500
This Single Stateroom Island Queen layout in a mid size downeast boat is a great find. This Northern Bay 36 is on just her 2nd owner and they are only selling as they are enjoying life on the water so much they wish to move up. She is super economical with a single Volvo 63P providing an efficient 11 knot cruise while her bow thruster makes her handle comfortably around the docks. Beautifully finished with a galley up arrangement, stall shower and many other pluses. Extensive electronics and many other upgrades 2016. Check the full specs for details.
"A Certified Professional Yacht Broker and Past President of the Yacht Brokers Association of America, Bill holds an Unlimited Master Mariner's License and has over 40 years experience in marine fields. Bill has been a broker with ECYS since 1998.".
Please contact Bill Full, CPYB at 207-846-4545
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Northern Bay
Designer: Spencer Lincoln
Hull Shape: Semi-Displacement
LOA: 36 ft 0 in
Beam: 13 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 3 ft 8 in
Displacement: 22000 lbs Dry Load
Total Power: 370 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo
Year Built: 2000
Engine Model: TAMD 63
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 370 HP
Cruising Speed: 10 knots @ 2250 RPM
Maximum Speed: 15 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 Plastic (300 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 Fiberglass (360 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 Plastic (35 Gallons)
This beautifully finished Northern Bay 36 is set up as a single stateroom galley up configuration with a dinette that makes down into a double berth. The yacht is nicely finished "Herreshoff Syle" with varnished Cherry trim and cabinets on white flat panels, cabin soles are varnished Teak & Holly. There is an abundance of natural light and ventilation with 6 opening ports, 1 large and 2 smaller hatches and in the salon numerous fixed and opening windows. When natural ventilation is not sufficient 22,000 BTUs of reverse cycle air conditioning (both cools & heats) will adjust the interior temperature for comfort. Lighting is equally well thought out with numerous recessed overhead lights and then swivel style reading lamps at the berth and settee. Headroom is 6'-5" inches in the Salon and 6'-2 1/2" aft sections below increasing to 6'-4" in the stateroom.
Starting forward is the private Stateroom featuring an island queen style berth 78" X 54". Below the berth there are deep cargo drawers and additional storage may be found in under deck lockers P&S, a hanging locker to port and a bureau with 4 drawers to starboard.
Next aft and to port is the enclosed Head featuring a Vacuflush fresh water W.C., straight vanity outboard with polished stainless steel sink H&C pressure water, and gloss finished Corain counter top. Opposite to starboard is a separate stall shower compartment with seat.
Up three steps to the "Wheelhouse" with lower helm station, dinette and galley. The starboard side Helm Station has an adjacent side door, extra wide helm seat with storage under, and full vessel controls. Aft is the U shaped dining settee with storage under and pedestal table which will drop down to act as a filler making a double berth 53" in width and over 7'-6" in length along the inboard edge shortening to 4'-8" all the way outboard. Owing to its generous length inboard it makes for a generous double. Opposite is the Galley with Corian counter top deep double basin stainless steel sink and storage in several lockers and drawers. Cooking is handled via 3 burner electric stove with oven whiled chilled food stuffs are managed in a Novacool 12 volt refrigerator/freezer box.
- Emerson flat panel TV and DVD player
- 4 12 volt Turbo fans
Extensively upgraded in 2016, this Northern Bay 36 is fully equipped for coastal and near coastal cruising.
- Garmin 7610 touch screen color radar/plotter display 2016
- Garmin Autopilot 2016
- Garmin AIS 600 2016
- Garmin GMI 20 multi display depth/speed 2016
- Icom M-506 VHF 2016
- Jabsco remote control search light
- Ritche magnetic compass
- 3 Winshield wipers
- Windlass controls
- Vetus Bow Thurster controls
- Garmin 7608 color radar/plotter 2016
- Garmin Autopilot 2016
- Garmin GMI multi display 2016
- Garmin 18xd Radome 2016
- Icom HM-195 Remote VHF Mic 2016
- Ritchie magnetic compass
- Jabsco remote controlled searchlight
- Vetus Bow Thruster Controls
Wired for 12 Volt DC and 120 Volt AC service. A Northern Lights 8KW generator showing 750 hours provides heavier load service while off the dock while lighter loads are managed via a 2500 watt inverter.
12 Volt DC:
- Distribution panel at helm with breakers
- Volt & Amp meters
- 6 6 Volt DC lead acid batteries set up in 12 volt banks for house and inverter service
- 2 6 Volt DC batteries wired in series for engine start new 2016
- 110 amp alternator
- 130 amp battery charger within inverter/charger unit
- Separate generator start battery new 2016
120 Volt AC:
- 30 Amp shore power inlet aft
- 50 amp shore power inlet aft
- Distribution panel with breakers at helm
- Volt & Amp meters
- Water heater (also engine supplied)
- 120 Volt outlets throughout
- 2500 watt Heart Interface inverter
- 50 amp 50' shore power cord
- 30 amp 50' shore power cord
Single fresh water cooled Volvo TAMD 63 turns a 4 bladed 26X18 propeller on a 2" stainless steel shaft through a ZF 2:1 reduction gear. Cruise speeds of up to 10.5 knots with wide open throttle speeds of 15 1/4 kts. As of 4/8/17 total hours are 2051 and 2,000 hour level service has been done.
Sea trials done with the broker onboard on 2/4/717 proved the yacht to be quiet and efficient with cruise speeds in the 2000 RPM range of near 10 knots burning just 5 gph. .
- Morse dual lever engine controls
- Dual Racor fuel filters with vacuum gauge (assembly installed in 2016)
- Fireboy halon engine room fire suppression
- 12 volt engine room lighting
- New turbo charger 2016
- Alternator and starter rebuilt 2016
- New raw water pump 2016
- New haydraulic steering ram 2016
- 4 electric bilge pumps
- 1 manual bilge pump
- Macerator pump
- Tank watch level holding tank monitor
- Algae X fuel treatment system
- There are two fuel gauges but these have not worked since before current owner purchased the yacht.
- 2 Mermaid reverse cycle air conditioning units 16K BTU salon 6.5K BTU unit for stateroom and head
Hull & Deck
White partially cored gel coated fiberglass hull with green ablative bottom paint. Cored fiberglass house and decks with Awlgrip with griptex "2 tone" on the cockpit and flying bridge deck deck and side decks.
Centerline door aft allows egreess to the cockpit, stainless ladder to port gently sloped for easy flying bridge access. There are under deck lockers for storage P&S in the cockpit as well in the lazarette. Outside cockpit sink. Seating for 4 on the flying bridge. Side door by helm allows for easy access forward with the stainless bow rail extending aft.
- All stainless steel deck hardware
- Fold down stainless spring line cleats
- 6 stainless steel rod holders in side decks
- Awgrip non-skid re-done 2016
- Awlgrip house brow stripes 2016
- Maxwell vertical anchor windlass
- 35 lb. CQR with a reported 200' chain
- 27 lb secondary anchor with 20' nylon rode
- Salt water wash down aft
- Fresh water wash down aft
- 2 Todd pedestal seats on flying bridge
- Todd bench seat with storage
- Flying Bridge Bimini & seat covers
- Fiberglass swim platform
- Swim ladder
- 3 fenders and 4 docklines
- 6 Type II PFDs
- Flare Kit
- 3 BD dry chemical fire extinguishers
- Life ring
- St. Croix dinghy davits with 44" arms
Throughout this Northern Bay 36 shows a nice level of care in a well thought out cruising design for a couple with occasional guests.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.