- View Full Specifications
Nautor Swan 48/139
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Lymington, Hampshire, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 225,000 Tax Not Paid (US$ 290,183)
Great looking Frers with the best layout giving 3 cabins. Cherished with this owner and comes with funky in-boom and absolutely all the bells and flutes
For more information on this vessel, please contact Sue Grant at our Lymington office on the numbers below.
Please contact Sue Grant at +44 (0)1590 679222
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
THUNDERBIRD OF POOLE
Builder: Nautor Swan
Designer: German Frers
LOA: 49 ft 5 in
Beam: 14 ft 2 in
LWL: 41 ft 0 in
Minimum Draft: 7 ft 9 in
Displacement: 16300 kgs
Total Power: 53 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo
Engine Model: D2-55
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 53 HP
Number of single berths: 7
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
Her first owners purchased THUNDERBIRD as a new boat in replacement to an earlier Swan 48 that they had purchased second hand. As such THUNDERBIRD was built and equipped to a high standard to meet their requirement for a fast offshore cruising yacht capable of taking the family around the world.
Delivered in the spring of 2000 the yacht spent the summer in England before sailing to the Canary Isles and competing in the ARC to St Lucia. After a winter cruising the Caribbean the yacht sailed up to Newport, Rhode Island and competed in the Swan Cup there. Later she spent the winter ashore in Newport before being returned to England in the spring of 2002.
THUNDERBIRD was purchased by her current owner in and is a yacht that we know well. She has been based in Asia for some years where she has been maintained by a professional skipper. During the summer of 2015 she was shipped from Phuket to Europe and then sailed here to Lymington to lie with us for sale. She has been carefully maintained and sparingly used in this ownership. Recent updates include a new generator and new batteries and Berthon Boat Company fully serviced her systems prior to shutting them down on arrival.
The Swan 48 is a spectacular cruiser racer from Nautor Swan, and THUNDERBIRD comes with an attractive 3 cabon layout as well as Leisurefurl in-boom furling for easy, rewarding sailing.
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean” (or Cat B – whichever is appropriate)
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Coloured topsides, gelcoat NGA 7005 Royal blue. Red cove stripe in gelcoat NGA 2142 red. Fully polished 2015
- Transom repainted 2015
- Coaming in gelcoat NGA 2000 white. Coaming stripe, gelcoat NGA 7005 dark blue, with coach stripe, gelcoat NGA 2142 red at top and bottom.
- Teak laid deck, 9mm.
Keel & Rudder:
- Lead casting keel with antimony. Cast-in keel bolts are high-tensile stainless steel.
- Rudder of foam filled GRP with tubular tapered stock of e-glass composite, supported by two self-aligning roller bearings.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Volvo D2-55 53hp 4 cylinder diesel.
- Fresh water cooling.
- Serviced and winterised by Berthon
Propulsion & Steering:
- Shaft drive with folding propeller.
- Cable steering with chain drive, sheaves provided with no guards to prevent jamming.
- Steering quadrant bolted to rudder stock.
- 60” (1.51m) stainless destroyed type wheel.
- Emergency tiller.
- 320ah battery capacity.
- House batteries replaced 2015
- Genset battery (replaced 2015).
- Mass 24/2500 VA inverter, 230v, including transfer switch.
- 115ah alternator.
- 1 x Fischer Panda diesel generator, 7kva, 3000rpm,(2015) installed in sound insulated box with light, under oilskin locker aft of navigation station.
- Separate shore power inlet for air conditioning 230v/50a.
- Promarine sensor for fuel and water.
- Promarine sensor for watermaker.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Fixed thermostat shower mixer on bulkhead.
- Selmar Coral ECR/90 230v watermaker.
- Johnson L2200-24 v electric bilge pump.
Grey & Black Water:
- Electric holding tank pump.
- Standard total capacity of 300 litres in 1 x tank, with fuel hose.
- Additional capacity of 100l in 1 x extra fuel tank in port settee in saloon, including deck filler line.
- Additional capacity of 65l, in 1 x extra fuel tank mounted under floorboard in port guest cabin, including deck filler line.
- Total capacity of 430 litres in 2 x tanks.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- Holding tank with sea/ashore pump out system.
- Hydra 2000 incl. Depth and wind transducers.
- 1 x NMEA-FFD at navigation station.
- 2 x FFD one at wheel and one in aft cabin.
- Halcyon 2000 sensor.
- 1 x 360° analogue.
- 1 x 45° analogue.
- 2 x 20/20 repeaters above fore hatch.
- 2 control buttons in cockpit aft for 20/20s.
- The B&G system has been thoroughly overhauled 2015
- VHF Skanti P1000 DSC, including converter with one handset at navigation station and one handset in GRP box in cockpit.
- Satcom Mini M TT3064 A with Fax/Phone switch at chart table, antenna on post on aft deck.
- Furuno FS-1562-15 SSB.
- Furuno GP 36GPS at chart table.
- Furuno 1721 Mk 2 radar, display at chart table, dome scanner on post on aft deck.
- Furuno FX- 300# navtex,
- Delta DSC Atlantic antenna, for TV, VHF with DSC, AM/FM, SSB receiver and cellular phone.
- Grounding cage in lazarette for SSB radiotelephone.
- Insulted backstay, receiver and transmitter aerial.
- Preparation for installation of customer’s computer, outlets at chart table.
- Sony computer screen at chart table, keyboard and Packard Bell Spirit PC.
- Loudspeaker in saloon, Poly-Planar MA-905, mounted flush in the overhead.
- Loudspeakers in cockpit, Sony XS-MP-61.
- Hella turbo fan, 6 pcs.
- Fridge and freezer by Frigoboat.
- Hot and cold fresh water deck shower.
- In aft heads, handle on up/down rail, instead of standard hand shower.
- 2 x Vacuflush heads instead of standard PAR.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Cruiseair air conditioning. Tempering unit MTB30CA in lazarette, 30000 BTU.
- Air handler CBBX4, 5C in each guest cabin.
- Air handler CBBX12C in saloon.
- Air handler CBBx9C in aft cabin.
- Dimmer for overhead lights in aft cabin and in both gfuest cabins, 3 pcs.
- Indirect light in saloon, above bookshelf both sides.
- Picture light on saloon port side bulkhead.
- Automatic light in hanging lockers in aft cabin, pcs.
- Tricolour/anchor light in masthead, standard anchor light with cable and plug.
- Spreader deck lights.
- Boom lights for centre and aft cockpit.
Summary of Accommodation:
- Three cabin version with heads compartment forward.
- Pullman style upper berth in both forward guest cabins.
- Saloon settee on starboard side shorter, and chart table moved forward to leave room for diesel generator.
- Saloon bookshelves/lockers with increased locker size.
- Locker and shelf aft of navigation station.
- Hinged door in the instrument panel for computer.
- Shelves in starboard guest cabin hanging locker.
- Teak gratings in heads instead of standard tiles.
- Curtains, Stromma Modalsatin No.536, pale blue.
- Alcantara in pale blue for mattresses and settees (instead of standard material)
- Saloon upholstery replaced with same material after voyage to Med, then onto Asia
- Stemhead with fitting for bowsprit, no roller on starboard side.
- Bow sprit with Harken block H1974.
- White painted Nautor aluminium mast.
- Custom mast top with additional halyard sheave for gangway, including Spectra 12mm Halyard.
- Furling headstay, Reckmann RS 2000/30
- Leisure Furl white painted aluminium boom, in boom furling (instead of standard, Marten Marine), including mast track, necessary lead blocks at mast base and lead blocks forward of winches – controlled at cockpit.
- Whisker pole, including custom deck and mast fittings, for easy cruising
- Boom vang Navtex – 17 push/pull with position indicating vang
- Colour coded halyards.
- 2 x Lewmar 64 AEST electric (instead of standard Lewmar 64 AST).
- Halyard winch on starboard side.
- Lewmar 48 AEST electric (instead of standard Lewmar 48 AST).
- 2 x Manual 64 AST winches on side coamings.
- 1 x Manual 48 AST on port side.
- Full battened mainsail, for Leisure furling boom (2009).
- North Sails Finland, 0,52 oz Contender PP (2009).
- Furling headsail (2009).
- Main and genoa set replaced with spectra set, produced by North Sails UK (2009).
- Gate in lifeline on starboard side.
- Gangway fitting.
- White painted aluminium post for Furuno 1721 radar scanner, mounted through aft deck, with quick connection; separate bracket for antennas.
- Wider pedestal crash bar with holder for B&GFFD display and Autohelm ST 7000 autopilot.
- Display and control buttons for 20/20’s.
- Mug holder on pedestal, 4 pcs.
- Additional port lights to aft cabin from aft cockpit seat fronts, one each side, Goiot 34.14.
- Additional port light to galley from forward cockpit, Goiot 34.14.
- Additional deck hatches above port guest cabin and passage, Goiot 36.19, 2pcs.
- Cockpit table, (stowage place in aft cabin locker).
- Carbon fibre gangway, Multiplex, 1,9 m, incl. Handrail, bag and topping system with carbon spreader and 8 mm rope.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Remote contro9l for anchor windlass, push buttons in cockpit.
- Additional anchor chain, Lewmar 10 mm, grade 40, 60 meter.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Bimini top, drawing 3-22-0447, frame to be divided into 3 parts for easy stowage, fixed holder aft and more fabric aft.
- Sprayhood for aft entrance/cockpit, centre part with zippers.
- Sprayhood for main companionway.
- Stainless steel handle on aft edge of the large sprayhood for aft cockpit.
- Cockpit upholstery, blue.
- Blue canvas cover for steering wheel and pedestal.
Tender & Outboard:
- Outboard bracket on pushpit.
- Screw-in deck fitting for stowage of rubber dinghy, 4 pcs.
- Caribe RIB dinghy.
- Pad-eye for safety lines in cockpit, Wichard 6504 SWL 1750 kg, 2 pcs in forward cockpit and 2 pcs in aft cockpit.
- Liferaft, Autoflug Series 2000, 6 person, in container, with stainless steel, lockable tube steel cradle, installed on hatch garage.
- Hard weather safety lines, webbing, one pair.
- 2 x Jonbuoy units stowed on pushpit.
- Fire extinguisher, Powder 2 kg, 4 lbs, portable 2 pcs
- Fire extinguisher in starboard guest cabin
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Berthon
Lymington, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Swan 47 MKII
Lymington, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Unknown, Argyll & Bute, United Kingdom
Newport, RI, United States
Club Swan 42
Oyster Bay, NY, United States