- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Hamble Point Marina, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 269,000 Tax Paid (US$ 393,305)
- Sale Pending
New to the Market - Farr Horizon" is a superb example of the sought after Farr 50 Pilot House.
Now under offer - similar boats wanted
Please contact Master User at +44 (0)23 8045 7966
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Farr Yacht Design
LOA: 15.38 m
Beam: 4.70 m
LWL: 13.37 m
Minimum Draft: 2.30 m
Maximum Draft: 2.25 m
Displacement: 17000 kgs Dry Load
Ballast: 6000 kgs
Bridge Clearance: 22.50 m
Total Power: 92 KW
Engine Brand: Yanmar - Diesel
Engine Model: 4J3-DTE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2050
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 92 KW
Cruising Speed: 7 knots
Maximum Speed: 9 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: Stainless steel (520 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: Stainless steel (660 Liters)
Holding Tanks: Stainless steel (160 Liters)
Number of double berths: 3
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 3
Number of bathrooms: 3
Electrical Circuit: 24V
The design concept for the Farr Pilothouse cruising series was for a fast and comfortable bluewater cruiser that could be handled by two people from either the cockpit or the internal navigation station in the pilothouse.
The Farr 50 Pilot House is large enough for a couple to live on board in shoreside style and comfort, with ample guest accommodation.
She has storage lockers in the bow and stern providing large amounts of space accessible from the deck only. Thus the living accommodation is protected from dinghies, sails and the multitude of gear that, in other yachts, are trailed through the saloon and stowed in the forecabin. For security and safety the forward sail locker is totally watertight and separate from the forward cabin. The pilot house concept provides panoramic views, whilst seated or standing, throughout the saloon. The Farr 50 provides the perfect combination of cosy living-room comfort with airy spaciousness. As well as featuring an interior steering position and comprehensive navigation area, the saloon´s seating areas will easily accommodate guests. And, by keeping the accommodation close to the centre of the yacht, the motion at sea is minimised. All other areas of the accommodation lead off the central saloon
"Farr Horizon" has a three cabin layout with 6 berths. The interior has been fitted out in stunning light oak, a cream vinyl headlining with oak accent strips and flush fitting halogen down lighters. (all lights recently replaced with LED's) The cabin sole is from attractive teak and holly. There are three heads compartments which have a white easy maintenance finish with blue colour Corian worktops.
The aft cabin has a centreline double berth positioned underneath the cockpit. This unique arrangement opens up the aft part of the cabin and allows very good access to the generous stowage in this area. There is a bench seat to starboard and set of drawers and cupboards to port. Access to the ensuite head is on the starboard side which incorporates a toilet, washbasin and shower area.
The walkthrough galley is between the saloon and the aft cabin, positioned in an ideal place for use at sea. It is fitted with a fridge, top loading freezer, force 10 cooker, microwave and an abundance of stowage space.
The saloon seating area is to starboard and is raised so that you have a very good panoramic view when seated at the table. Access to the engine is through a hatch in the saloon floor which is hinged and is on two hydraulic rams. Access to the cockpit is via three safe steps in the aft part of the saloon.
The navigation area is to port and supports an outboard facing chart area with navigation instruments fitted easily to hand. It has a seat which raises and lowers for either looking out of the windows when navigating or working at the chart table.
Forward there is a day head to port, which also has a shower, and a cabin to starboard. This hosts a double bed and has a hanging locker and stowage. There is also a pipe cot which can be fitted above this bed.
Further forward there is a large double cabin with a centre line berth. This cabin has good stowage areas with a hanging locker. There is an En-suite forward head area which has a washbasin, toilet and a hot and cold shower. All the lockers in the boat are lined with Cedar. The forward and aft berths have Yachtflex Sprung mattresses
- The anchor windless is a Lewmar Ocean 2 electric anchor windless with a vertical rope drum that can be operated from a remote switch at the helm or via a hand held unit in the chain locker.
- There is a 30kg stainless steel Bruce anchor with 60m of 10mm calibrated chain. (Anchor Chain replaced 2011)
- 4 pairs of stainless steel mooring cleats (1 pair forward, 1 pair aft and 2 pairs amidships) each mooring cleat is fitted with a stainless anti chaff strip.
- A stainless steel pushpit has been fitted with two two-man teak bench seats.
- The aft swim deck has been fitted with a hot and cold deck shower. The deck, swim platform and cockpit are all laid with 12mm teak.
- The following Lewmar winches have been fitted to the cockpit
- 2 x Electric Primary winches Lewmar 66 ECST
- Runner winch Lewmar 50 CST
- 44 ECST mainsheet winch
- 44 ECST Outhaul winch
- 2 x Deck mounted Lewmar 48cst halyard winches
- The genoa car and mainsheet tracks are Lewmar Ocean Size 2, both with 4:1 car control lines
- There are Lewmar racing blocks for the spinnaker sheet and guy blocks in addition to the mainsheet blocks.
- The genoa tracks have been fitted with two additional cars for the cutter jib sheets.
- Winch handles and pockets at the mast and in the cockpit.
- Mooring warps and fenders.
- Scanstrut pole aft for radar/communications equipment
- Gas box in lazarette upgraded to take propane bottles. (new 2015)
- Full width Sprayhood (new 2015)
- Complete cockpit cover (new 2015)
- Cockpit Bimini (new 2015)
- Table in Cockpit (new 2015)
Rig & Sails
- The rig is a three spreader rig by Selden with Hydraulic In-mast furling
- Hydraulic Genoa furling - Selden
- Manual Staysail furling - Selden
- The mast, boom and spinnaker pole have all been polyester white powder coated.
- The rigging is stainless steel wire.
- Insulated backstay
- The boom has been fitted with a permanent preventer line, which is lead aft to the cockpit
- The backstay is fitted with a hydraulic ram, which along with the hydraulic vang are operated via a remote Navtec panel fitted in the cockpit.
- The mast has been fitted with a spinnaker halyard with a jammer on the mast.
- Courtesy flag halyards.
- New Elvstrom FLC Mainsail with Vertical battens (2013)
- Genoa (Doyle 2010)
- Dacron Staysail by Doyle
- Spare Mainsail North
- MPS and squeezer
Machinery & Electrics
- Ficher Panda Generator 10kw (new 2011)
- Yanmar 4J3-DTE 125hp engine (2050 Hours)
- Mastervolt Dakar Combi 24/100 and 230/3000 Charger Inverter
- Mass inverter charger control
- Service Batteries 24v x 600AH (replaced 2015)
- Isolating transformer
- Climma Air Conditioning
- Seafresh Watermaker SH204-240v ac. (Pumps replaced 2013)
- Washing machine (replaced 2013)
- Ice Maker (replaced 2012)
- Lewmar 10hp retractable Bow thruster
- Additional fuel tank under aft berth app 300lt ( included in the total capacity of 950lt)
- Vacuum fluch toilet system forward and aft
- Microwave in galley
- Force 10 cooker with grill and oven
Electonics & Instruments
- Simrad CR40 radar/plotter with 4kw scanner
- Simrad plotter in cokpit
- Raymarine ST60 log, depth, wind & 2 x multi's
- RR Panama Mulit Function Antenna
- Oddelco DCC 4000 Battery monitor
- Smart Multi Systen TV / DVD in Aft cabin (new 2015)
- CD in main saloon with speakers in cockpit (new 2015)
- New Simrad VHF with wireless Remote handset
- Furuno Navtex NX300
- New Raymarine A70 plotter at helm position (2015)
Miscellaneous & Safety
Dinghy with rigid bottom (new 2011)
New Liferaft 6man (2015)
Carbon Fibre Passarelle (2013)
RORC flare pack (new 2015)
New Fire Extinguishers (2015)
Horseshoe lifebelt and danbouy (2015)
MOB rescue ring (2015)
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Boat Sales International Ltd
56 Pilot House
ST Tropez, France
Hamble, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Hamble, United Kingdom
45 Aft Cockpit