- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Lymington, Hampshire, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 259,000 Tax Paid (US$ 335,431)
Beautiful example of these solid and dependable Bowman 48 DS bluewater cruising yachts. Well maintained and cherished by her current owner, she is ready for the next adventure.
Please contact Alan McIlroy at +44 (0)1590 679222
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
ADASTRA OF YAR
Builder: Rival Bowman
Designer: Chuck Paine
LOA: 49 ft 0 in
Beam: 14 ft 2 in
LWL: 38 ft 3 in
Minimum Draft: 6 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 0 in
Displacement: 15572 kgs
Total Power: 82 HP
Engine Brand: Perkins
Engine Model: M90
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 82 HP
Number of single berths: 8
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
The design of this vessel is excellent. It is a safe passage maker, the interior is practical and works. It was very well engineered and has been conscientiously maintained. She is for sale due to family illness.
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean”; plate affixed to confirm category.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Hand laid GRP hull with isophtalic resin; epoxy coated below waterline. 1m wide Kevlar included in lay-up around waterline area.
- Hull Colour: Dark Blue, AwlGrip painted 2010.
- GRP superstructure, in off white.
- Teak external trim.
- Teak laid side decks, superstructure tops and cockpit.
Keel & Rudder:
- Lead keel, bolted externally.
- Skeg hung Grp foamed filled rudder on 2'' stainless stock.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Perkins M90 82hp diesel engine.
- Hurth reduction gearbox.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine hours – approx. 2546 as of arrival in Lymington October 2016.
- Engine last serviced: October 2016. Winterised October 2016.
- Cruising speed – approx 6.5 knots @ 1600rpm.
- Maximum speed – approx 8.5 knots @ 2200rpm.
- Fuel consumption at cruising speed – approx 7 litres per hour.
- Range @ cruising speed – approx 600 Nm.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Max Prop 3-bladed propeller.
- Lewmar folding wheel (original available).
- Edson pedestal with cable steering.
- Side power bowthruster.
- Shaft break.
- 12vDC/24vDC domestic system with 220v/110AC ring main from inverter and/or shorepower.
- Service Batteries 525amp/hrs @ 24v new 2008.
- Engine batteries for 110amp/hrs @24v. New 2014.
- Generator battery New 2014.
- All batteries secured with hold down bars.
- Mastervolt 24v Combi invertor charger 3000 w.
- Standard engine alternator.
- Fischer Panda 4 24v.
- Generator hours – approx 880 October 2016.
- Generator last serviced: October 2016.
- Aqair 100 towing generator
- 230 / 110 input to isolation transformer and ring main within the yacht.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Hot water from calorifier with 220v immersion element.
- Engine plumbed to calorifier.
- 24v 52l per hr - currently pickled.
- Electric and manual main bilge.
- Electric and manual forward sail locker.
- All electric bilge pumps have dual and independent level monitors.
- Fore and aft deck wash pump with diverter valve for bilge.
- 2 x Stainless Tanks aft for fuel - Total capacity of 455 L.
- Total capacity of 910 litres in 2 x stainless tanks.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- Grey water holding tank for forward and aft heads, and galley.
- Black water holding tank.
- B&G Hydra pilot.
- B&G Hydra 2000 MFD.
- B&G analogue wind, magnified wind, cross track speed, depth.
- Raymarine E80 Plotter/radar.
- Pedestal compass.
At chart table:
- Ramarine Raychart keyboard.
- Leica GPS.
- B&G compass.
- Yeoman plotter (unused).
- Sea me Active radar reflector.
- Sailor DCS VHF.
- Furuno SSB.
- Iridium Sat phone.
- GME FM/AM receiver.
- Nav4 Navtex.
- Taylor 041 gas cooker (fully refurbished).
- Isotherm electric water cooled refrigeration (new compressor).
- Isotherm electric water cooled deep freezer.
- Washing machine not currently fitted in Storage and available.
- 2 x Jabsco manual WCs.
- 2 x showers hot/cold water.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Mikuni hotwater heating system with radiators and hot air outlets.
- 10x opening hatches.
- 4 x stainless Dorade vents with Stainless crash bars.
- Pioneer stereo radio/CD (10x cd changer)/tape in saloon.
- 24v deckhead and reading lights now ugraded to LED.
Summary of Accommodation:
- Teak (matt varnish) interior finish.
- Veneered bulkheads with solid teak trim throughout.
- Teak and holly sole boards.
- Saloon blue fabric upholstery new 2010.
- 2x single berths in forepeak with dressing table and drawer stowage beneath. Roll out pilot berths above each. And shelving forward.
- Forward heads to port, drawer and hanging stowage to starboard. Additional chart stowage above.
- Luxury saloon with twin roll out pilot berths on port and starboard sides.
- Large teak saloon table with wine / spirit stowage under.
- Navigation area with chart table to suit ½ admiralty chart.
- Work bench and spare parts store aft of navigation area with addition freezer and space for washing machine below. Doubles as a full chart area.
- Wet hanging locker.
- Aft master cabin with double berth, dressing table, en-suite heads and shower.
- Selden Cutter-headed sloop with Schaefer furling gear on headsail.
- Selden twin Carbon spinnaker poles on mast.
- Lewmar deck gear.
- Harken main sheet blocks.
- Stainless steel standing rigging replaced 2010.
- Running rigging replaced 2010.
- Harken backstay adjuster.
- Insulated backstay.
- Mast steps at goose neck.
- Selden rodkicker.
- Boom brake.
- 2 x lewmar EST64 primaries Electric.
- 2 x Lewmar ST50 secondaries.
- 1 x Lewmar ST44 Mainsheet.
- 1 x Lewmar ST44 companionway.
- 1 x Lewmar ST44 electric companionway.
- 1 x Lewmar ST 48 mast.
- 2006/7Hood Fully battened Vectran main 3 reefs on cars with sanders stac pack.
- 2010 Hood yankee in Vectran.
- 2005Hood yankee in Dacron.
- Hood vectran staysail.
- Hood storm staysail in Dacron Dayglow Orange.
- Gowan multi-purpose Genoa with top reef system.
- Gowan Spinnaker with Squeezer.
- Sanders Spinnaker.
- Pulpit, pushpit, guard rails, bathing ladder and boarding gates.
- Cockpit table.
- Pushpit seats.
- Aqua gen bracket.
- Stainless antenna mast.
- New Passarelle (unused).
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Lewmar Ocean electric windlass new motor 2010.
- Spade Stainless 35kg Anchor with 100m chain.
- CQR kedge warp and chain.
- Transom mounted anchor roller.
- Windlass controls forward deck and at cockpit pedestal.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Cockpit seat cushions.
- Sprayhood and Bimini.
- Sun Awning.
- Cockpit tonneau.
Tender & Outboard:
- Avon inflatable.
- Yamaha outboard.
- Whittall stainless Davits
- Ocean safety 6 man Liferaft in canister Exp. March 16.
- Jonbuoy MOD recovery system service due.
- 2 x horseshoe lifebuoy with lights.
- 3 x Fire extinguishers in cabins.
- 1 x Engine room auto extinguisher.
- 1 x On-deck fire extinguisher.
- All due service.
- Comprehensive spares.
- Comprehensive selection rope and cordage to cover most cruising situations.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.