- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Kemah, TX
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 299,999
Broker's Comments: The listing broker sold this boat to the current owner 5 years ago. When he bought the boat he was a novice sailor but he was gung ho and willing to learn. He left on his own and single handed this boat over the last 5 years through the Caribbean and Central America. When he came back he was a well seasoned pro. This is a real testament to how well balanced and capable this Bob Perry Design is. Her current owner engineer has kept meticulous records and created an owner's manual for the boat. She is well equipped and equipped to go. Her owner has done what he wanted and would now like to sell her to let someone else live the dream.
(2) Marine Air Conditioning Units (One Unit New in Aug. 2011)
Northern Lights/Lugger 5kw Diesel Generator (Re-Built Feb. 2014)
Bow Thruster w/Joystick
EXTENSIVE List of Electronics – Too Much to List Here – See the Full Specs
D-400 Wind Generator (Re-Built Nov. 2012)
Engine Re-Built (736 hours Since Re-Build)
345 Watt Solar Panel & Blue Sky Solar Boost Charger Solar Panel w/Controller (Both New in June 2015)
Maxwell 2200 Electric Windlass (Motor Re-Built July 2013)
Xantrex Freedom 3000 Charger/Inverter (New in Aug. 2011)
(3) 8D AGM House Bank Batteries (New in Nov. 2015)
(1) 8D AGM Starting Battery (New in May 2015)
(1) 8D AGM Bow Thruster/Windlass Battery (New in Nov. 2015)
New Chainplates & Reinforced Bulkheads (April 2013)
Electric Main Halyard Winch
Cutter Rigged w/ Dual Headsail Furling
In-Boom Leisure Furl Furling
Banks Dacron Mainsail (New in April 2012)
115% Dacron Yankee Cut Genoa (Re-Stitched/Reinforced in Feb. 2015)
UK Dacron Staysail (Re-Stitched/Reinforced in Oct. 2015)
Rigged For Spinnaker
Fully Enclosed Cockpit w/Bimini, Dodger, Side Curtains and Mosquito Netting & Awning for Back Deck
And MUCH, MUCH More!!
From the Manufacturer:
“The Tayana 48 is a superior combination of the advanced design concepts of Robert Perry and the incomparable boat building skills of the craftsmen at Ta Yang Yacht Building Co. Using the finest materials money can buy, Ta Yang puts together a yacht which has it all - speed under sail, safety in any sea condition and comfort found in few yachts of this size.”
Kairos is a great example of this well-designed and well-built, offshore cruising yacht. She has a very comfortable two-cabin, two-head interior layout. Both staterooms offer large berths (queen-sized centerline in master and almost queen-sized Pullman in guest) and en-suite heads with separate shower stalls.
Kairos has received excellent care and maintenance by meticulous owners, as evidenced by the many updates listed throughout the full specs. From the cosmetics, including updated ultra-leather settee upholstery, new cockpit cushion covers and newly varnished teak and holly sole, exterior cap rail, stern seats and teak grab rail, to the updated electronics, mechanical, rigging and sails, you can feel confident that this nice vessel is ready for new cruising adventures.
See the full specs for a more detailed list of the updates and equipment on this boat and call the listing broker today!
Little Yacht Sales and Texas Power Yachts are the Brokerage Leaders on the Texas Coast for later model cruising boats, both Power and Sail. With over 50 boats in two locations, it’s like a boat show every day!
Shown by appointment. At our LYS office location
Contact Central Listing Agent: Kent Little, CPYB
Over 30 Years of Professional Yacht Sales
Direct Line: 713-817-7216
Florida Licensed for over 20 years #1815 1st Certified Professional Yacht Broker (CPYB) in Texas
If you have a quality boat, Power or Sail, and would like Representation by someone who understands Constant Changing Market Conditions and what it takes to sell your boat and someone with a vast knowledge of Yachts both Power and Sail, Please call or email me for a FREE CONSULTATION to discuss what I can do for you.
Regardless of your boats location, I promise to give you the same expert representation that you see here.
Brokerage commissions are all the same price. It costs you no more to use someone with my experience.
Please contact Kent Little at (713) 817-7216
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Robert H. Perry
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 48 ft 0 in
Beam: 14 ft 6 in
LWL: 40 ft 3 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 0 in
Displacement: 35000 lbs
Ballast: 11675 lbs
Dry Weight: 35000 lbs
Total Power: 88 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 1999
Engine Model: Yanmar 4JH2-DTE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 88 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (300 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (120 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (30 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
Kairos has a superb live aboard layout, with two very comfortable staterooms, each with en-suite heads and stall showers. Her forward cabin has an (almost) queen sized Pullman berth to port, two hanging lockers and sixteen drawers of various sizes. The forward head has plenty of storage and a hanging locker.
The main salon has a newly varnished teak and holly sole with a large L-shaped settee with ultra-leather covers (new Sept. 2011) and a table with two leaves. The port settee is equipped with an excellent lee cloth below the cushions. To port on the starboard side of the salon is another settee with a cocktail table. The salon has 6’8” of head room.
Just aft of the starboard settee is the well-equipped nav station. The corner position provides for plenty of desk space and storage lockers below.
Opposite, to port and leading aft is the gourmet-sized galley. There are two stainless sinks, an oversized refrigerator and a top opening freezer, built in microwave and a toaster oven. Plenty of storage and drawers are available.
The master stateroom is aft with a centerline queen-sized berth, a large double hanging locker, plenty of drawers and storage lockers and a vanity. The en-suite head has a separate stall shower and a wet locker.
- Teak and holly sole (new varnish October 2015)
- Ultra-Leather cushion covers (new Sept. 2011)
- Peek-a-Boo hatch treatments
- Insulated Sunbrella covers for all deck hatches
- New cushion covers for master suite as of Sept. 2015
- Vacuflush electric fresh water heads (rebuilt November 2015)
- Two air conditioners 16,500 (new Aug. 2011) and 5,000 BTU
- Diesel cabin heater (has only been used once by original owner in 1999 would need inspection and commissioning prior to use)
- AM/FM/CD radio and player
- Sony DVD player
- Salon, Cockpit and Aft Cabin speakers
- Custom inner-spring mattress in cabins
- Marine 2000 Medical kit ($1,000. new)
- 5 Fire Extinguishers
- Bugbuster fine mesh screens for all hatches
- Custom Companionway hatch screen and cover
- Numerous guide books and charts
- Spares, spares and more spares!
This fully equipped, chef-friendly galley is located in a stable amidships’ position near the companionway steps, very convenient to passing hors d’oeuvres and cocktails up to the cockpit for true alfresco dining.
- Double stainless steel deep sinks with hot/cold pressurized water
- Formica countertops
- Extra cabinet above sinks
- Propane leak alarm
- Two propane tanks (one aluminum and one fiberglass)
- Equipped and plumbed for rail mount BBQ (grill is presently stored under settee)
- Top and front loading refrigerator
- Top loading Freezer
- 12 volt Technautics refrigeration system
- Nesting pots and pans
- Force 10 three burner stove and oven
Navigation Equipment and Electronics
- E-127 hybrid touchscreen (12 inch) chart plotter under dodger with Navionics cartography for North and South America and the Bahamas
- E-97 hybrid touchscreen (9 inch) chart plotter at helm
- Redundant and separate chart plotter and cartography at Nav station Computer (separate GPS, charts and Coastal Explorer navigation software).
- Chart tools (dividers, compasses, protractors. Chart correction calculators etc.)
- Raymarine type 3 (oversized for vessel weight) hydraulic ram autopilot (new Sept. 2014)
- Raynarine I-70 Autopilot controller with ST-100 Autopilot Smart Remote with programmable display and 2 receiving antennas to insure reception at all points of the boat
- 24 inch Raymarine Radar (new radome and mast mount (new Dec. 2014)
- Raymarine Autopilot with remote control (new July 2015)
- (3) Raymarine I-70 programmable instrument indicators for Wind, Depth, and Speed
- Raytheon MULTI instrument at Nav Station and in Master suite
- Sirius Satellite weather integrated into Raymarine chart plotters for weather overlays (subscription activated)
- Skymate wireless VHF email system (needs antenna switch to share antenna or dedicated VHF antenna )
- Standard horizon VHF radio with deck mic and controller (plug needs replacement)
- Icom M710R SSB with Ham freqs unlocked. Three switchable antennas, backstay, whip, dipole.
- Pactor modem (1) Standard Horizon handheld VHF radio
- Iridium 9555 satellite phone with wireless router interface to computer
- Water resistant industrial grade 12 volt computer, equipped with weather, email, and fully independent navigation software with independent GPS, and Bose speakers, Software includes: WeatherNet, Grib Explorer and MetMapper software, Coastal Explorer with C-Map charts for North and South America and Bahamas, MS Office, (new June 2015)
- Cannon mini printer
- Single page scanner (Visioneer brand)
- 12 volt LCD screen
- LED lights throughout vessel
- LED low amp navigation lights
- LED 2 mile low amp anchor light
- Barometer, humidity and temperature instruments
- Ships’ clock
- 50 amp AC shore power cord
- 30 amp AC shore power cord
- 120 AC and 12 DC electrical panels and outlets
- Xantrex Freedom 3000 Charger/Inverter (new August 2011)
- Xantrex System Control Panel
- Xantrex LinkPro battery monitor
- 3 8D AGM house bank batteries (new Nov. 2015)
- 1 8D AGM starting battery (new May 2015)
- 1 8 D AGM bow thruster/windlass battery (new Nov. 2015)
- Battery selector switch
- Galvanic isolators
- Next Step voltage regulator
- 345 watt solar panel (new June 2015)
- Blue sky solar boost charger panel and controller (new June 2015)
- D-400 wind generator 300watts at 20 knots (rebuilt Nov. 2012)
- Northern Lights 5KW diesel generator (rebuilt Feb. 2014)
- 150 amp Balmar alternator with serpentine belts and pulleys
- Macerator pump
- Wema fuel and water gauges
- Eleven 12 volt fans through vessel
- 10 Reading lights located throughout vessel
- Red courtesy night lights at floor level located throughout
- Red LED rope lights in dodger for illumination when night vision needs to be preserved during night navigation
- White LED rope lights for bimini illumination
Sails & Rigging
All lines lead to cockpit for single hand control.
- Forespar/Liesurefurl in-boom furling system
- Profurl genoa and staysail furlers
- Gerhauer boom vang and brake
- Forespar telescoping whisker pole and mast track
- Running backstays (new fiddle blocks and beckets Oct. 2014)
- Lewmar mainsheet traveler
- (2) Lewmar 54 ST primary winches for genoa control
- Lewmar 44 ST electric main halyard winch
- (2) Lewmar 40 ST winches in cockpit for staysail control
- Lewmar 40 ST winch on mast
- Lewmar 16 ST winch on mast
- 96) Lewmar clutches in cockpit
- Easylock clutches for headsail furlers on starboard rail
- Banks Sails Dacron mainsail (new April 2012)
- 115% UK Dacron Yankee cut genoa (re-stitched and reinforced Feb 2015)
- UK Dacron Staysail (re-stitched and reinforced Oct. 2015)
- 11mm cables with oversized turnbuckles
- New chainplates and reinforced bulkheads as of April 2013
- Rigged for spinnaker
- Deck light on mast
- Radar reflector on mast
Decks & Hull
Kairos has a modified fin keel and skeg hung rudder. Her hull is hand laid fiberglass, cored above the waterline, and finished in white gelcoat with a navy blue cove stripe. Her deck is cored fiberglass with light grey molded nonskid surfaces. Her wide side decks are surrounded by double lifelines (new Sept 2011) and a molded bulwark with teak cap rail. The cap rail, stern seats, and teak grab rails are finished bright (stripped and re-varnished Oct. 2015). The stanchions, bow pulpit and stern rails are 1.25 inch stainless steel. There are boarding gates port and starboard.
The center cockpit is well configured for comfort under sail or at anchor with an Edison pedestal and leather covered destroyer wheel. An E-97 hybrid touch chartplotter is above the compass and co-located with the bow thruster joy stick. A newly varnished cockpit table folds flush with the forward end of the pedestal. Winch handle storage is discretely attached to pedestal for quick and convenient retrieval when needed. Raymarine I-70 instruments and autopilot controller is located just above the companionway hatch and the E127 hybrid touch screen chartplotter is located under the dodger on the starboard side.
The cockpit can be fully enclosed and there is a custom fitted cockpit mosquito net to provide comfort in those isolated anchorages with noseeums. The cockpit sole and seats are teak and the rest of the deck has molded non skid surfaces. On the aft deck there is a propane locker to port that contains one 20 lb. aluminum tank and one 20 lb. fiberglass tank. The lazerette to starboard is used for general storage and a compliment of anchor rode and hurricane lines.
The transom has a convenient dinghy boarding and launching platform that doubles as a swim platform with a stainless steel swing down ladder and fresh water (hot and cold) stern shower. There are custom oversized davits with dinghy hoists and a Gerhauer motor hoist is co-located with and Edson motor mount on the stern rail. The davits also support a new 345 watt solar panel and a very quiet D400 wind generator.
- 66 Lb. Bruce anchor (galvanized Oct. 2015)
- 40 Lb. Delta anchor
- 25 Lb. Danforth spade anchor mounted on stern rail
- Double stainless steel anchor roller
- Maxwell 2200 electric windlass for anchor deployment and hoisting (rebuilt motor July 2013 and rebuilt windlass gearbox and clutches Nov. 2013)
- Two gallon high pressure fresh water accumulator tank for anchor and deck wash down
- 290 ft. 3/8 inch anchor chain (galvanized Oct. 2015)
- 400 ft. 5/8 inch rode (providing deep water anchoring ability with sufficient scope)
- 250 ft. ½ inch rode with 20 ft. of chain
- 100 ft. ½ inch rode for dinghy
- 15 Lewmar polished stainless steel opening ports
- 2 fixed ports in salon
- 2 polished stainless steel dorade vents at aft cabin
- 3 polished stainless steel Vetus deck vents (1 for each shower and 1 for galley)
- AB Ventus 10 1/2 ft. RIB dinghy (Dinghy is WELL-used - Needs repair patch to seal air leak - Suggest replacement but it does go with the boat)
- Yamaha 15 Hp 2 cycle outboard motor and 5 gallon gas tank
- 3 dinghy anchors, 2 folding grapple and 1 mushroom
- Custom Heavy Duty Davits
- Gerhauer outboard hoist
- Magma propane BBQ grill hard plumbed to stern rail (grill presently stored under settee)
- Cockpit speakers
- Complete ditch kit – (over $1000.00 of survival gear)
- (6) Type V PFD's (auto inflating adult w/harness)
- Para-anchor with all lines and blocks for proper deployment
- Two dive tanks
- Miscellaneous snorkel and dive gear
- Custom Deck Cargo Bag to store para-anchor, rode and ditch kit
- Cockpit cushions (new covers Oct 2015)
- Fully enclosed cockpit, marine blue bimini, dodger and side curtains all Sunbrella and Isenglass (new July 2013)with fine mesh mosquito netting and Sunbrella awning for back deck.
- 2 folding cockpit seats
- Per the owner: The engine hour meter reads 3,477 hours. The engine was re-built at 2,741 hours. Since the re-build, the engine has 736 hours.
- Does not include dehumidifier
The Listing Brokerage Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel regardless of information provided. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. PLEASE NOTE: All electronics are listed for verification purposes but not warranted in the selling price of the boat.
Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, any warranties expressed or implied and/or any engine service as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
All the yacht brokerage agents at the listing company are Independent Contractors.
Other Boats from Little Yacht Sales
Kemah, TX, United States
Kemah, TX, United States
Stuart, FL, United States