- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Portsmouth, RI
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 119,000
OWNER WANTS HER SOLD!
Price reduced $20,000 9/22/2015
"The Tartan 3500 is a perfect example of what's right with the sailing industry. Handsome, well designed and soundly engineered, the 3500 is a sleek performance-cruiser that during the course of a long production run has also weathered the turbulent economic seas of the past few years. While it is a stretch to claim that a boat is an investment, some models hold their value better than others, and the 3500 is among this select few."
John Kretschmer "Sailing Magazine " 2/2012
Please contact JP Skov at 401-683-9200
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Tim Jackett
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 35 ft 3 in
Beam: 11 ft 9 in
LWL: 30 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 10 in
Displacement: 11400 lbs
Ballast: 4200 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 53 ft 0 in
Headroom: 6 ft 4 in
Dry Weight: 11400 lbs
Total Power: 27 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 1999
Engine Model: 3GM 30 F
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 27 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: Aluminum (67 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (25 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (16 Gallons)
Number of double berths: 3
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
Wind speed and direction
Fully battened mainsail
Electric bilge pump
Manual bilge pump
Shore power inlet
The 3500 interior features two genuine double cabins. Once below you find yourself with the galley to starboard and the large head to port. The designer angled the furniture facings to better utilize the space. It's a remarkable galley for a 35-foot boat. The head has a separate shower stall, another impressive design feature.
The saloon is finished in the optional maple interior and the cabin sole is teak with inlaid holly. The joiner-work is quite nice. There is center-line salon table with opening leaves on both sides. Excellent ventilation is provided by two Hood overhead deck hatches, S/S dorades and 10 stainless steel Hood portlights. The settees have contoured cushions that are quite comfortable. Additionally the Settee on this boat is convertible to a double, like the option that was available on the 3700's.
The forward cabin features a large double berth. The aft cabin also includes a full-sized double berth, a hanging locker and shelves and drawers. Another clever design feature is the aft-facing nav station tucked behind the galley.
Electronics and Electrical
ELECTRONICS (upgraded in 2007)
- VHF Standard Nova+ (Nav Station)
- Autohelm 600 Nav Center (Nac Station) not hooked up
- VHF Horizon Ram mic (Cockpit)
- Raymarine E 80 (Cockpit)
- Raymarine Radar (Cockpit)
- Autohelm 4000 + Autopilot (Cockpit)
- Panasonic 9" TV
- JVC Stereo w/ 12 disc changer
- (2) Salon Speakers (2) Cockpit Speakers
Wired for both 12 volt DC and 110 volt AC power to separate panels with individual breakers and meters.
- Heart Link 2000
- Raritan Tank monitor (water and fuel)
- Balmar High output altenator
- Battery Selector Switch
- (3) AGM House batteries (Replaced within last two years)
- (1) AGM Start battery (new Spring 2015)
- (3) Cabin Fans
- 12 volt outlet
- 50 ft. shorepower cord
- 40 amp battery charger
- Wired and ducted for air conditioning
- Electrical bonding system. UL approved stranded, tinned copper ABYC color coded wiring throughout.
The galley includes a large single sink, an icebox/fridge, a three-burner stove and plenty of counter and storage space.
- 3-burner Force 10 gimbaled stove with oven and broiler
- Single stainless steel galley sinks - 9" deep.
- Molded top and front load icebox, 4" foam insulated.
- 12 Volt Refrigeration Replaced in 2009 Dometic CU 100
- Built-in trash bin.
- Hot and cold pressure water and
- Foot pump manual fresh water
- 67 gallon freshwater aluminum tank.
- Extensive lockers, shelves and drawers .
Mechanical and Plumbing
- Yanmar 3GM 30 F 27 hp diesel
- Max Prop 3-bladed feathering prop on stainless shaft.
- Pedestal mounted controls
- 25 gallon fuel tank.
- Racor fuel filter/water separator.
- Raritan Tank Monitor (Fuel and Water)
- 2010 Holding Tank cleaned and all hoses replaced
Hull and Deck
Flag Blue Hull (Awl-grip), Gold Cove Stripe(, White Boot Stripe (Awl-grip) and Red Bottom (Anti-foul).
White NPG/ISO gelcoated hull, hand laminated with alternating layers of strand mat and uni-directional "E" glass locally reinforced. Partially cored with Baltek balsa for stiffness with solid glass at all thru hull, chain plate and keel installations. Gelcoat backup layer is laminated and chemically bonded using a 4mm barrier coat of vinylester anti-corrosive resin for blister resistance. Bronze thru-hull fittings. Bulkheads and floor timbers are directly taped to the hull skin while in the mold. Built to ABS Plan Certification.
White gelcoated deck with patterned, "Tan" contrasting non-skid. Hand-laminated sandwich composite of polyester resin. Uni-directional "E" glass and end grain balsa core. All hardware installation points are solid glass backed with 1/4" aluminum plates. Joined to hull using stainless steel fasteners that are drilled and tapped into aluminum backing plates then molded into hull flange. Bonded with 5200 sealant.
Sails & Rigging
Aluminum Mast with a Polyurethane finish, double spreader and tapered. Aluminum boom with a polyurethane finish. 1 x 19 strand stainless steel standing rigging.
- 1999 North Fully-batten Main Norlam (2 reef points with single line reefing)
- 2010 North 135% 6oz. Norlam RF genoa
- 2005 North Gennaker (red/white/blue) W/ Sock (like new condition)
- (2) Harken 46.2 STC (self Tailing) Primary
- (2) Harken 32.2 STC (self Tailing) Halyard
- Screens for all hatches
- Screen Companionway Doors
- Custom Canvas (Meade Breeze Canvas - Rock Hall, MD)
- Dodger, Bimini, Connector, Pedestal Cover and which covers
- Docklines and fenders
- Danforth anchor with chain and rode
- Safety Gear
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Northstar Yacht Sales, LLC
Marion, MA, United States
Portsmouth, RI, United States
410 Grande Large
Unknown, RI, United States
340 Sport Yacht
Unknown, RI, United States
East Greenwich, RI, United States