1999 Nordhavn 46
- View Full Specifications
Exceptional Nordhavn 46
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Ensenada, Mexico
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 375,000
SIGNIFICANT PRICE REDUCTION
Northern Ranger I ready to cruise.
Canadian Duty paid.
Overhead panels replaced May 2018.
Please get in touch to schedule a viewing appointment.
Seeing is believing.
To view a narrated walk through video tour of Northern Ranger I, please copy and paste this link into your browser:
For additional information, including 360-degree room tours of Northern Ranger I, we have created a separate website which you can reach by typing in the URL below or by copying and pasting the following link into your web browser:
Northern Ranger I is hull number 61 of 80 built; benefiting from the experiences learned on the boats preceding her and built during the crest of production when the yard craftsmen were at their peak. She is well travelled, primarily cruised along the North American west coast between Alaska and Mexico. And, more importantly, equally well cared for.
Jeff Merrill, CPYB (Certified Professional Yacht Broker), has extensive product knowledge of the trawler market and has intimate knowledge of the Nordhavn 46 in general and Northern Ranger I specifically. All inspections are by appointment only. Please contact listing broker, Jeff Merrill, CPYB by phone, text or email for additional information or to schedule your personal showing.
Jeff is always available via Mobile (949) 355-4950 (call or text). You can send a detailed Email to: Jeff.Merrill@JMYS.com.
Jeff Merrill, CPYB
Mobile phone: +1 949.355.4950 – call or text
Toll Free: 866.748.5419
Fellow yacht broker association members: This listing is available for co-brokerage and JMYS is a 50/50 house. Courtesy showings are available by appointment. Florida listings subject to appropriate broker licensing required by law.
Skype: jeff.merrill Twitter: @merrillyachts
You Tube: Jeff Merrill Yachts LinkedIn: jeff.merrill
Website: www.JMYS.com Facebook: Jeff Merrill Yacht Sales
Certified Professional Yacht Broker
Licensed and Bonded in California and Florida.
Member California Yacht Brokers Association – President 2015 and 2016
Member International Yacht Brokers Association
Member Northwest Yacht Brokers Association
Member Yacht Brokers Association of America
Please contact Jeff Merrill at 949-355-4950
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Northern Ranger I
Builder: Pacific Asian Enterprises
Designer: Jeff Leishman
Flag of Registry: Canada
LOA: 45 ft 9 in
Beam: 15 ft 5 in
LWL: 38 ft 4 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 0 in
Displacement: 60000 lbs Full Load
Ballast: 6600 lbs
Total Power: 143 HP
Engine Brand: Lugger
Engine Model: L-688D
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 143 HP
Cruising Speed: 7 knots
Maximum Speed: 9 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: Fiberglass (300 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (950 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: Fiberglass (50 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 2
Nordhavn 46’s are coveted as an ideal platform for owner/operators. Everything about the rugged equipment, comfortable features, simple systems and impressive details incorporated into the design makes her one of the most popular trawlers ever conceived and her popularity continues to increase in demand long after production was retired. As one set of 46 owners enjoys the experience and moves on to other adventures a great opportunity opens up for the next buyer to take the torch and continue cruising. Northern Ranger I is listed for sale because her owners have just moved up to a Nordhavn 50 and would prefer not to be two boat owners (even if saying you own 96’ of Nordhavn does have a certain cachet)!
There is typically a good assortment of Nordhavn 46’s available on the market worldwide. This inventory changes (often quickly) as astute buyers appreciate the subtle differences and quickly grab the best boats for themselves, particularly in preferred locations. The Nordhavn 46 is one of the most dependable trawlers available, if you have done your homework you will know that her condition and equipment make Northern Ranger I a great value.
Northern Ranger I is Canadian flagged and located in Mexico. Her interior configuration has the master stateroom forward. She is air conditioned and has a 9kW Northern Lights generator. Other key features include paravane stabilizers, Lewmar bow thruster, Spectra water maker, Yanmar wing engine, Bullfrog tender, Tecma heads, Hurricane hydronic heating, KVH Mini-Vsat 3 Sat Phone and more.
Northern Ranger I will enable you and your family to embark on local or long distance cruising - allowing you to see the world by sea in a safe and seaworthy manner that only a true full displacement trawler can provide. You can read more about her history by visiting the current owners blog - northernrangeradventures.com
Additional photographs and detailed specifications are being prepared. Please call, text or email if you would like more information or to schedule a visit to see Northern Ranger I in person as she is available for inspection by appointment only.
YACHT NAME: Northern Ranger I
BRAND AND MODEL: NORDHAVN 46
TYPE: Long range passage maker with raised pilothouse
LOCATION: Enroute to Ensenada, Mexico
MODEL YEAR: 1999
HULL NUMBER: 61
HULL COLOR: Gray gelcoat
REGISTRY: Canadian Flagged
DESIGNER: Jeff Leishman
BUILDER: P.A.E./South Coast – Taipei, Taiwan
HULL MATERIAL: Solid Fiberglass
DISPLACEMENT: 60,000 lbs. / 27.23 MT (Full Load)
BALLAST: 6,600 lbs. / 2.99 MT
RANGE: 3,000 miles @ 7.0 knots
SPEED: Cruise 7.0, Top 9.0 knots
LOA: 45’9” / 13.94M
LWL: 38’4” / 11.68M
BEAM: 15’5” / 4.7M
DRAFT: 5’ / 1.5M
Cp: Prismatic Coefficient .63
MAIN ENGINE: Lugger L-688 D 143HP (Main hours: ~ 8875 - May, 2018)
EXHAUST: Dry stack, keel cooled - Harco SS muffler (new 2015)
WING ENGINE: Yanmar 27 HP (Wing hours: ~ 4525 est. - May, 2018)
THRUSTER: Lewmar 14HP 12V bow thruster
STABILIZERS: Paravane outriggers (underway and at anchor)
ELECTRICAL: 60 Hertz – US style
GENERATOR: Northern Lights 9 kW (Generator hours:~ 5520 - May, 2018)
INVERTER: Magnum 2500 Watt Inverter/Charger
CLIMATE CONTROL: Cruisair Air conditioning 32,000 BTU reverse cycle (Salon & P/H) | Hurricane hydronic heating
WATER MAKER: Spectra Newport Compact 400 US gal/day
WINDLASS: Maxwell 3500 electric
GROUND TACKLE: Rocna 40kg (88 lb) with 350' of 5/8" BBB chain
TENDER: 10' Bullfrog Yacht Tender with 20 Hp. Honda 4-cycle outboard (2014) *Seller will credit if you have a dinghy
NAV/COM: Furuno, Simrad, PC Navigation, Vesper, Icom, KVH Mini-vsat 3
STATEROOMS: (2) Master forward, Guest mid
HEADS: (2) Tecma 12V fresh water flush (MSR & GSR)
GALLEY: Bertazzoni 4 burner propane stove, Isotherm Fridge/Freezer Drawer Units (2)
INTERIOR WOOD: Teak and white laminate
INTERIOR STONE: Granite tile (galley); Surrell counters (heads)
FUEL: 950 US gallons / 3,600L (4 black iron tanks)
HOLDING BLACK: 50 US gallons / 190L (2 fiberglass tanks)
FRESH WATER: 300 gallons / 1,135L (2 fiberglass tanks)
SAFETY: Liferaft | EPIRB | Lifesling
Note: All information is believed accurate, but should be verified.
ACCOMMODATIONS - LAYOUT
Entering the salon through the aft sliding door from the cockpit you are welcomed by a large living area that merges the saloon aft with the galley forward. Her custom reverse L shaped settee to port has a custom teak table for dining and faces seating with a teak built-in stand that houses a flat screen TV lift to starboard.
The galley is entered from centerline with the aft custom granite counter creating a spacious surface for transferring meals to the table. The galley has been extensively upgraded to include a gourmet stove and oven as well as drawer refrigerators and freezers.
There are steps that descend to the lower level staterooms and another flight that ascends to the pilothouse. The down steps lead to a hallway that runs forward to the master stateroom which features a large island berth. Along the starboard side of the hallway are two separate heads, one for the master, the other for guests, each with its own sink, head and shower. The clothes washer/dryer is forward to port in the hallway.
The guest stateroom is immediately to port and has two bunk beds outboard with a desk and book shelves inboard. There is a Nordhavn 50 “large” engine room door in the guest stateroom for entering the machinery spaces.
Going up to the pilothouse you will notice that the typical forward stair well to starboard has been eliminated in favor of maximizing counter and surface area for navigation and communications electronics. There is also a moveable helm chair (rare on a Nordhavn 46). The pilothouse has a settee with table aft and a watch berth behind that. There are two doors that lead to the outside.
From the cockpit, you go forward along the covered side deck to starboard up to the pilothouse and continuing into the Portuguese bridge. The foredeck has the optional Freeman hatch and Northern Ranger I has spent many nights peacefully at anchor, firmly held by its large Rocna anchor. The boat deck is accessed from the port side and this is where you will find the Bullfrog tender mounted to port. You can also step up to the pilothouse roof where myriad antenna and the life raft is mounted. Another nice surprise is the top load freezer secured on the wheelhouse deck just forward of the mast.
The main salon very inviting with great views of your surroundings and a wide selection of places to sit and a gorgeous teak table for dining. This is an ideal place to gather whether underway or at anchor. On the starboard side, there is a small built-in settee, a teak island which houses entertainment appliances and includes a flat screen television on a lift, and a separate armchair. Custom shade blinds complement the interior.
• Custom blinds
• Custom dining table with folding leaf (slides 45-degree angle)
• Carpet over teak and spruce soles
• Overhead stainless-steel hand rail
• Starboard aft storage locker
• Starboard aft built in and upholstered seat
• Starboard amidships entertainment locker
• Tambour rolling slat doors to access entertainment equipment
• Samsung Smart TV
• Custom television lift (starboard cabinet)
• Bell HD-TV receiver
• Samsung Blue Ray DVD player
• KVH Mini-Vsat modems and control units for satellite telephone
• Black leatherette armchair
• Cruisair SMX-II Air conditioning control (for salon A/C unit)
• V-Tech telephone (for Mini Vsat sat phone)
• Forward (pilothouse stairs) locker cabinetry with louvered door lockers.
• Air conditioning and heat
The galley is almost an extension of the saloon as the dividing counter makes it easy to pass food to the table and whoever is doing the cooking is always a part of the conversation. The current owners have made the galley (and eating well) a top priority and remodeled this area to install a gourmet propane stove and oven. They also installed Isotherm stainless drawers for cold storage (refrigerators and freezers) and did some nice decorating with tiles above the stove and upgrade the counter tops to granite. Of course, there are plenty of lockers and drawers to store all of your cooking essentials.
• Custom granite counter tops
• Custom tile backing above stove
• GE Sensor convection microwave oven
• Bertazzoni X244GGVX Pro style gourmet (4) burner propane stove and oven
• LPG breaker
• (2) Isotherm Model DR-160 drawer fridge/freezer combos. A bank of four individual chilling drawers (2) refrigerator, (2) freezer
• Pentek 2 Micron filter on Galley Water system
• Coffee maker, toaster and other appliances
• Large single basin stainless steel sink centered on aft counter
• Carpet over teak and spruce soles
• Assortment of lockers and drawers
• Appliance barn
• Slide out trash bin
GUEST STATEROOM PORT AMIDSHIPS
The guest stateroom is conveniently located to port at the beginning of the hallway. The guest head is directly across the hall. There are two bunk beds which pull out to provide larger sleeping areas. Inboard facing center is a built-in desk with book shelves and a chair. There is one hanging locker, several storage lockers and a number of drawers of various sizes. The aft bulkhead features the large door access to the engine room. The soles are teak and spruce. The bulkheads are white laminate to create a light airy feel, while the hull side is lined with teak slats. Port lights and fans provide plenty of ventilation.
• Sleeps two on comfortable cushion mattresses.
• Opening port lights
• Book shelves
• Hanging lockers
• Office desk with chair
• SeaTel Satellite TV Controls
• Hella 2 speed fan
• HP Envy 7645 Inkjet Printer
• LG Flat Screen E2210 Monitor
• Dorade vent
• Air conditioning and diesel heat
GUEST HEAD ACROSS THE HALL
This head is the most convenient for anyone aboard and includes a shower.
• Surrell counter top with under mount sink
• Medicine cabinet with mirror
• Shower with curtain and built-in seat
• Tecma fresh water electric toilet
• Hart Tank Tender System (2 water tanks, 2 holding tanks)
The centerline hallway is a short flight of steps down from the galley area and is easy on your knees. The master forward has a hallway door that can be closed to allow for a private ensuite head and cabin arrangement. The laundry appliance is located forward to port. The guest head is to starboard and the guest stateroom is to port.
• Splendide 2000S combination clothes washer and dryer
• Forward hallway door to close off master stateroom and head
MASTER STATEROOM FORWARD
Northern Ranger I has a very spacious stateroom forward for the owners. There are hatches overhead and portlights outboard for light and ventilation. The varnished teak is beautifully balanced to feel rich and open. The bed has a custom mattress and is comfortable to sleep in and easy to make. There is a large cedar-lined hanging locker to starboard and a smaller one in the port aft corner. There are five storage lockers with louvered doors for better air flow. To port is a small settee and aft is a bureau of drawers with eight drawers and a mirror. You can close the middle hallway door to isolate the master and master head as one suite.
• Queen sized island berth
• HMC custom inner spring mattress
• Bed linens
• Opening port lights
• Opening hatches with screens
• Dorade vent natural air flow
• Air conditioning and heating
• Hanging clothes lockers
• Lockers and drawers
• Teak and holly soles
• Sony TV and DVD Player
• Bell Canada HD TV Receiver
• Hella 2 speed fan
• Repeater for Datamarine Depth Sounder
• V-Tech telephone (for Mini Vsat sat phone)
• Sealand T Series Electric Holding Tank Pump under settee (forward holding tank)
• Batteries and bow thruster under bed
MASTER HEAD STARBOARD
The head is at the base of the steps that lead to the master with a sliding pocket door.
• Surrell counter top with special order white sink
• Single basin sink
• Mirrored medicine cabinet
• Tecma electric freshwater toilet
• Towel racks
• Shower with curtain and built-in seat
• Opening port light
• Vanity mirror
Access to the engine room on the 46 is accomplished in different ways depending upon the interior layout configuration. Many of the earlier hulls had a smaller door in the aft shower for entry, it can be tight. When the Nordhavn 50 design came out a larger engine room door was molded and this is the type installed on Northern Ranger I, and you enter from inside the guest stateroom, not through a shower. You can also drop down from the saloon. The engine room is crawl around and you can work your way aft around the engine on center. In the aft end of the engine room, the wing engine is to port and the generator to starboard. The starboard forward corner includes the fuel manifolds, water maker, fuel transfer pump and improved ER air intake fan. Forward to port you have easy access to strainers, the inverter, hot water heater and more.
MECHANICAL AND ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT
• Lugger L-688 D 143HP (continuous rating)
• Keel cooled, dry stack
• Balmar high output 12V 210 Amp alternator
• Balmar ARS-5 multistage voltage regulator
• Twin Disc transmission
• New custom exhaust blanket
• Dual lever engine controls
• PSS Shaft Seals (main and wing shafts)
• Shaft brush on main
• Yanmar wing engine
• 9 Kw Northern Lights generator in sound shield with water lift muffler
• Dual Racor 75/900 FGX fuel filters (Main) – metal (not glass) bowls (Canadian requirement) and water detectors
• Four fuel tanks with color coded valves and sight glasses
• Fuel supply, return and transfer manifolds
• Fuel transfer pump
• Fuel transfer system with Racor 500 filter with metal (not glass) bowl (Canadian requirement)
• Upgraded engine room ventilation system – Delta-T 9” Axial Fan (750 CFM) intake and Delta-T Lil’ Champ 350 CFM stack exhaust plus original Dayton 170 CFM exhaust stack blower
• Sealand T Series electric holding tank pump (aft holding tank)
• Oil Change System (plumbed to main and generator, extension hose for wing and transmission)
• Seaward S1100 water heater (11 gallon)
• Magnum MagnaSine MS2812 2500-Watt charger/inverter (battery temp sensor on house bank)
• Inverter bypass set up
• Jabsco Parmax 52700 salt water wash down pump
• Fireboy engine room fire suppression system (last certified 2014)
• LED engine room lights
• Spectra Newport 400 compact water maker (12V, 400 GPD)
• Lewmar electric bow thruster
• Cruisair air conditioning –32,000 BTU – saloon, pilothouse, staterooms
• Hurricane hydronic diesel heater
• Robertson autopilot pump
• Rule 4000 (4000 GPH) emergency bilge pump
• Jabsco 36600 Series 8 GPM bilge de-watering pump
• Ultra Pumpswitch bilge pump sensors on both bilge pumps
• Edson manual bilge pump
• Through hulls
• Intake strainers
• House – (4) Discover Line 8D AGM 280 AH (new 2015)
• Main Engine Start – (1) Discover Line 4D AGM 245 AH (new 2015)
• Wing/Generator Start – (1) Discover Line 4D AGM 245 AH (new 2015)
The pilothouse on Northern Ranger I is outfitted with a great assortment of the most popular cruising navigation and communication gear. Built without the forward steep staircase that many owners avoid using, the forward full width built ins allows for a much larger inventory selection, as well as two long drawers ideal for charts and navigation equipment to starboard.
There is a custom, moveable, helm chair just inboard of the chart surface which extends outboard. This is a marvelous and practical location to take command of Northern Ranger I.
The stainless-steel destroyer wheel is on centerline and the dash area includes Morse lever controls for the main and wing engines as well as an extensive array of navigation electronics including installations in the overhead. The visibility through the forward windows provides an excellent view of your cruising waters.
To port, the cabinetry houses the ships electrical breaker panel as well as the generator and wing engine start displays. The aft section has an athwartships settee with a teak table for “behind the scenes” seating and there is a watch berth behind. There is a wet locker at the starboard end of the settee.
ELECTRONICS & NAVIGATION PILOTHOUSE EQUIPMENT
• Zwaardvis portable (5 spoke base) helm chair
• Lugger main engine panel and Morse dual lever controls
• Yanmar wing engine panel and Morse dual lever controls and pull stop
• Northern Lights generator panel.
• Motorola Iridium 9500 satellite phone with base station and external antenna (requires activation and subscription)
• Sirius XM satellite radio receiver (requires activation and subscription)
• Alpine CDE9873 stereo with 2 stereo speakers in pilothouse
• Icom IC M424G (GPS) VHF
• Icom IC-M504 (GPS) VHF
• Furuno 1942 Mark-2 Radar with MARPA (Furuno integrated fluxgate heading sensor PG500E for MARPA)
• Furuno FCV-600L color depth sounder
• Simrad Robertson AP20 autopilot
• Fireboy engine shutdown system (extinguisher in engine room)
• Lewmar Bow thruster with Max control lever
• Danforth Constellation compass
• Rule high water bilge alarm
• Pilothouse defrost system (Heatercraft)
• Acer T232HC LCD monitor for navigation system
• Island Time 12V PC (Windows 10) running Coastal Explorer navigation software
• Magnum Inverter/Charger ME-BMK controller remote panel
• Spectra MPC-3000 Water maker controller remote panel
• Maxwell Auto Anchor 560V2 anchor windlass controller (with digital chain counter)
• Vesper Watchmate Vision AIS
• Datamarine CW360 Corinthian anemometer
• Datamarine D3001 International offshore depth sounder (repeater in master stateroom)
• 2 Pilothouse window fans
• Cruisair SMX-II Air conditioning control (for pilothouse A/C unit)
• ITR Hurricane heater control panel
• (2) Bay Berk quartz clocks
• Charles 12KVA Isolation transformer (with cooling vent fan)
• Ambient Weather thermometer – 2 sensors (external and engine room)
• Standard Horizon HX851 portable VHF
• Racor filter water alarm (light up) for main engine Racors
• Perko search light grip control in overhead
• Coastal marine Wi-Fi
• Sliding doors port and starboard
• Stainless steel destroyer wheel
• AM iPad cradle (iPad not included)
• White mesh Textilene screens for outside windows
• 12V outlet plugs
• Master electrical panel with light diodes
• Hanging wet locker
• Fold up teak bench seat (original for piloting)
• Chart light
• Windshield wiper toggle
• Settee table with folding leaf
• Bay Berk International Barometer (Inoperable)
• Furuno GP-32 GPS-WAAS GPS
The Portuguese bridge creates a safety barrier in front of the pilothouse, making it safer to be outside when you are offshore. The bulwarks are tall and secure.
• Propane locker with (2) Trident fiberglass 20 lb. propane tanks including gauges and selector valve
• Portuguese bridge deck has varnished teak cap rail
• Deck plates on port side steps to boat deck
• Shore power connections on port side by steps to boat deck
Moving through the Portuguese bridge door grants you access to the windlass, Rocna anchor and a large fiberglass storage locker. Northern Ranger I also has a Freeman hatch opening just aft of the windlass that provides a good view from above of the chain locker below.
• Freeman hatch access to chain locker
• Maxwell 3500 electric windlass
• Rocna 44Kg anchor with 350’ 5/8” chain
• (4) Custom Stainless Fender Holders
• Danforth Anchor (spare) with 250’ nylon 3 strand rode
• CQR 35 lb anchor (spare)
• Spare Paravane
• 50’ 50-amp shore power cord
• 50’ and 30’ 30-amp shore power cords and adapters
• Fresh water hose bib
• Sea water hose bib
• Anchor retainer
• Lewmar opening hatches
• Two dorade vents with adjustable cowl scoops
• Fiberglass deck box
• Dock lines and fenders
• Freeman hatch foredeck access
• Storage shelves
• Line storage
• Access to windlass
• Extra lighting in overhead
• Spare paravane fish
BOAT DECK, PILOTHOUSE ROOF AND SPARS
The 10’ Bullfrog tender is mounted on the starboard side of the boat deck. The mast is used to support the dry stack exhaust and the boom is used for deploying the tender. The mast has a tremendous assortment of nav/com antennas. There are two paravane outriggers with full stabilization rigging attached.
• LP painted mast and boom
• Rule electric boom winches with remote switch (boat deck and cockpit) for dinghy launching/paravane retrieval
• Paravane stabilizers including LP painted aluminum outriggers and spreaders. Stainless steel chains and galvanized “fish”. Nylon shock lines (paravane rigging redone 2015, except chains and shock cords). Topping lift and foreguy are sheathed Spectra line)
• Spare paravane “fish” (in anchor locker)
• (2) Spare paravane shock cords
• Spreader lights
• 2014 Bullfrog 10’ Yacht Tender with cover
• Tender includes Danforth anchor (15’ chain, 100’ nylon 3 strand rode), side console rotary helm with remote engine controls, three-gallon remote fuel tank and starting battery (new 2017)
• 20 HP electric start Honda outboard with cover
• Sea Freeze of America Model SF Custom Freezer (120V AC, 5 cubic feet) top loading with cover
• Perko Solar Ray 1900 series searchlight
• Furuno open array radar antenna on brackets
• Wind anemometer on mast head
• Vespar marine antenna
• Sirius satellite radio antenna
• Shakespeare antennas
• Ongaro Electric Dual Trumpet Airhorns
• Coastal Marine Wi-Fi Booster Unit (works with Coastal Marine App)
• Maretron GPS-200 GPS Antenna
• Sea Tel Satellite TV Antenna on Scanstrut bracket
• TracPhone KVH-3 Mini Vsat Antenna on Scanstrut bracket
• 24” life rings with heaving lines (2)
• Lifesling 3 (fiberglass case)
• Zodiac 4ZO/TC 4-Person Life raft (SOLAS A Emergency Pack) (last certified 2014)
• Large fiberglass storage box
COCKPIT AND SWIM PLATFORM
The aft deck cockpit of Northern Ranger I has three boarding entries – port, starboard and aft. The cockpit has teak decking that extends forward along the starboard side deck. There is also a swim platform stainless grid with teak planks that includes a hinged swim ladder. The platform is ideal for SCUBA diving and for getting in and out of the dinghy. The starboard side deck has an inboard stainless hand rail and is covered overhead. There is a folding teak table and 2 teak chairs perfect for al fresco dining in the cockpit in a secluded anchorage.
• Swim platform – teak slats over stainless steel
• Stainless steel paravane holders on swim step
• Hinged swim ladder
• Teak decks – cockpit and starboard deck (new 2015)
• Overhead hatch to boat deck area (no ladder)
• Opening transom door access to the swim platform
• Side door on port side of cockpit for dock boarding
• Covered side deck to starboard with mid ship boarding door for docks
• Freshwater hose bib
• Seawater hose bib
• Cockpit set up for Scotty electric downriggers/pot pullers and rod holders
• Custom fish cleaning tray (mounts starboard cockpit coaming)
• Fish rod holders
• Coat hooks
• Varnished teak caprail
• Sunshade for cockpit
• Magma Catalina stainless propane barbecue (with rod holder mount)
• Folding teak table with two folding teak chairs
In addition to easy access to the steering components there is convenient storage for extra gear. This machinery space is well organized for maximum utility.
• Emergency tiller
• Storage bins
• ITR Hurricane diesel heater
• Fish rod storage racks
• Spare fluids
• Mechanical Spares/parts
• Many LED lights
• Louvered locker doors
• Ultraleather upholstery
• Carpeting throughout
• Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
• Numerous spare parts
• Canvas covers for external teak
• Storm plates for three port salon windows
• Stainless-steel screens for all opening ports
• Blinds on all salon windows (except rear salon door)
• Sunscreens for all pilothouse windows and rear salon door
• Zodiac 4-man life raft (last certified 2014)
• Lifesling 3 on boat deck
• (4) 5 lb. dry chemical fire extinguishers (saloon, guest, master and engine room) – last certified 2014
• All USCG/Canadian requirements
• Racor fuel filters for main engine and transfer have metal, not glass bowls (Canadian safety requirement)
If you are looking for an ideal world cruising trawler you already know about the Nordhavn 46 design. It is important to understand that the hull and deck have been constructed for ocean crossing and the diesel engines have been built to last for tens of thousands of hours. It seems reasonable to evaluate a boat based on model year and hours, but don’t dismiss an older boat or a boat with lots of hours – the cared-for and condition of equipment (regular oil changes, etc.) will provide you longer lasting reliability than low hours and limited use. The Yanmar engine with over 4,000 hours is a perfect example. So many Nordhavns last for a decade or more and it is not uncommon to see them with under 100 hours. These engines typically need to be rebuilt due to lack of use. Be careful what standards you apply in any boat you are considering.
Northern Ranger I has been an exceptional cruising platform and the current owners have gone to great lengths to upgrade her (she underwent an extensive refit at Philbrook’s Shipyard in Sidney, BC in 2015 before heading to Mexico) and to keep her in excellent condition. Getting on board to see for yourself is the only convincing you will need. Impressive care and attention to all systems.
Northern Ranger I was one of the last Nordhavn 46’s built and she has enjoyed an active life with breaks only during winter off season months when up north. She has participated in the CUBAR 2015 rally and explored remote coves all throughout the Pacific Northwest and Mexico. In July 2017, she was hauled at the Baja Naval ship yard in Ensenada, Mexico for fresh bottom paint and all of the exterior bright work was refreshed. There is a video available on the JMYS.com YouTube channel.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be true and correct, but cannot be guaranteed. Items excluded include, but are not limited to – Art, clock/barometer/hygrometer combo in salon, CD/DVD’s, shells, clothing, tools and some galley gear. All owners’ personal effects and clothing will be removed prior to closing.
Appointment, showing, co-brokerage
About the listing broker: Jeff Merrill, CPYB (Certified Professional Yacht Broker) has extensive product knowledge of the trawler and motor yacht market and has been aboard the Nordhavn 46 Northern Ranger I on multiple occasions. Jeff has a twenty-five-year history of building and selling cruising boats providing his clients with experience and product knowledge that he is happy to share. This listing specification has been approved by the sellers for accuracy. The photos and descriptive content are copyrighted by JMYS and may not be copied or used without specific written permission. Please contact listing broker, Jeff Merrill, CPYB for additional information or to schedule a viewing appointment to inspect Northern Ranger I.
Jeff is always available via Mobile (949) 355-4950 (call or text). You can send a detailed Email to: Jeff.Merrill@JMYS.com.
Toll Free: 866.748.5419 Email: Jeff.Merrill@JMYS.com Skype: jeff.merrill Twitter: @merrillyachts You Tube: Jeff Merrill Yachts LinkedIn: jeff.merrill Website: www.JMYS.com Facebook: Jeff Merrill Yacht Sales Instagram: jeffmerrilljmys Certified Professional Yacht Broker - Licensed and Bonded in California and Florida. Member California Yacht Brokers Association – President 2015 and 2016 Member Florida Yacht Brokers Association - Member Northwest Yacht Brokers Association Member Yacht Brokers Association of America
Brokers, this listing is available for co-brokerage at 50/50. Courtesy showings are available by appointment after signed co-op. Subject to appropriate licensing (CA/FL) where required.
Jeff Merrill Yacht Sales, Inc. offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Jeff Merrill Yacht Sales, Inc.
San Diego, CA, United States
Port St. Lucie, FL, United States