HULL & DECK:
- Hand laid Knytex fiberglass construction with closed-cell PVC sandwich core used in topsides.
- Solid fiberglass below water line with blister-resistant vinylester resin utilized on first two laminates below waterline.
- Hull construction includes use of USA made gelcoat; hull design is semi displacement hull with hard chines aft.
- Flag blue awlgripped topsides.
- Transom repainted/awlgripped Flag blue November 2013.
- New 2013 6 new coats of exterior varnish, November 2013.
- New 2013 new zincs.
- Aft cockpit with teak decking - this furniture easily fits in the lazarette locker.
- Hand held hot and cold water shower at aft deck.
- Transom door.
- Lewmar Concept 2 gypsy/capstan windlass with foot controls, chain stopper.
- CQR primary anchor with all chain rode.
- Painted aluminum mast, hinged for lowering.
- S/S bow railings with lifelines.
- Bow sprit with anchor rollers.
- Port and starboard boarding gates.
- 10 opening ports with screens.
- Deck storage under bridge settee.
- Varnished teak trim around cabin trunk, pilothouse, flybridge helm deck, and a varnished cap rail around the cockpit, varnished November 2013.
- 2012 covers for varnished caprails around cockpit.
- 2012 new Micron CRC ablative bottom paint.
- Fresh water washdown at bow and stern.
- Emergency tiller.
- Nautical Structures electric dinghy davit.
Fuel: 600 gallons in two aluminum tanks.
Water: 300 gallons in S/S tanks.
Holding: yes, fiberglass tank.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- 12KW Northern Lights Generator with soundshield, with 2012 battery (1534 hours on generator).
- 2013 (3) 8D AGM house batteries.
- 2012 (2) Bow thruster 8D AGM batteries, and (2) 8D AGM stern thruster batteries.
- 2013 (2) AGM engine start batteries with echo charger.
- Bow thruster battery charger.
- 2013 Xantrex 2500 inverter with remote in pilothouse.
- Remote parellel switch.
- Glendenning Cablemaster.
- Cable TV and phone receptacle.
- Auxiliary 50 Amp plug near bow.
- 220V isolation transformer.
- 2013 one new alternator replaced.
- Galvanic bonding system.
- 2014 new starboard starter.
ACCOMMODATIONS: For five to six in two staterooms with two heads.
The beautiful cherry interior, large opening windows with cherry wood blinds, custom cabinetry, abundance of storage and comfortable seating all serve to enhance the comfort of this vessel. A custom entertainment cabinet houses TV and stereo with AM/FM/CD satellite ready wireless remote. There is a large L- shaped settee with storage to starboard. A large leaf table allows dinner seating for six. With a drop down table, this settee arrangement can be easily converted to a double berth. To port are two swivel chairs, and a teak shelf and cabinet for placing your favorite books with storage under. Beneath the saloon deck is an enormous storage area which houses one battery charger/inverter and enclosed fiberglass container for all of the house batteries. Varnished teak and holly sole.
The Galley is generously sized for meal preparation and carrying on a conversation with friends seated in the salon. A full size four burner propane cooktop eliminates the need to run the generator to cook while at anchor. 2012 new GE full size refrigerator/freezer with icemaker. Microwave and full size regular electric and convection oven. Corian counters and a large under counter mounted, polished stainless steel sink. Abundant storage with additional pantry. Large opening port for light and ventilation.
The Master Stateroom is spacious with an island queen berth, ensuite head with fresh water Vacuflush head and stall shower with custom privacy door and towel storage area. The master stateroom includes two hanging lockers, abundant drawer and locker storage, storage beneath the berth, four opening ports, a large overhead Bomar hatch with screen, the full size clothes dryer and large flat screen TV.
The guest stateroom is at the forward lower level and to starboard. Ordered with a custom built in desk and comfortable settee which converts to a double berth. Hanging locker and storage shelves. The guest head is located opposite to port and includes a stall shower, teak grate and Vacuflush head.
The raised Pilothouse with custom console gives the helmsman a feeling of control with excellent visibility. Side doors provide quick access to the side decks. Large opening Bomar overhead hatch for ventilation. Large seat pull-out berth aft of helm with teak chart table and drawer under. Inside stairs from Pilothouse to the flybridge. New Furuno 3D Navnet radar, Plotter and depthsounder system is installed at both stations.
This flybridge is a cruiser's dream. Accessed by four steps up from the pilothouse, the 360 degree view is excellent. The helm area of the flybridge is covered with a hard top on aluminum tubing structure with a full enclosure so that piloting from here can be done in any weather. There are zipped curtains that can be opened and snapped to the hardtop ceiling on every side. There is a custom console with a swiveling helm chair and an L shaped settee with bottom and back cushions upholstered in dark green. Ample storage lockers are found beneath the settee. Aft of the helm deck there is an additional sun deck. This is a large deck area that accommodates the two folding Alibert Resin chairs with solid bright blue cushions, and matching folding table and the fiberglass deck box that holds 2-15 lb propane tanks. This deck has a 1” stainless steel tubing rail around it with white weather cloths, and a BBQ grill mounted on the aft rail.
- 2012 Furuno 3D Navnet Radar, Plotter and depthsounder at both stations (one 12” in pilothouse and one 8” on flybridge).
- 2012 KVHM3 Sat TV (two HD dish TV's-one 24” in salon, one 21” in master stateroom).
- (2) Furuno color sounders, with new 2012 transducers.
- JPC-DGPS Sensor, model DGPS-2000.
- Datamarine Offshore Multi Link, model D-3500.
- (1) Icom VHF, model ICM 127.
- (1) Icom VHF, model ICM 159.
- 2013 Simrad Robertson AP28 on flybridge and AP24 at lower helm, with remote controls, and with new “heavy duty” head controls (now can steer a straight course in 6´- 8´ seas).
- 12 hp bow thruster with separate batteries and charger.
- 12kw Northern Lights Generator with sound shield.
- 11.5' Zodiac RIB center console dinghy with 25 hp Yamaha electric start outboard & new battery (outboard rebuilt November 2013)..
- Nautical Structures 800lb dinghy crane, sandblasted 2011 and repainted.
- 4 burner propane cooktop - residential size.
- Residential size refrigerator freezer.
- Electric oven - switchable for convection or microwave - residential size.
- Dual 15 lb propane tanks.
- Clothes dryer (full size) in addition to Splendide washer/dryer; dryer has new vent blower.
- Custom desk in the second stateroom and bookshelf.
- 2 televisions wired for cable or dish reception.
- CQR primary anchor with chain rode.
- Radio / CD player; Bose speakers in salon, pilothouse and cockpit areas.
- Swim platform and grab handles.
- Custom shower enclosures.
- Cockpit sunshade curtains.
- Pilothouse sunshades.
- Guest stateroom custom hanging locker.
- Oil change pump for main engines and generator.
COMMENTS: This vessel is one of the finest 49´ Krogen Express Cruisers ever offered for sale. Highlights of her extensive equipment list include twin 350 hp Cat diesels, and recent excellent oil samples, Flybridge and Pilothouse dual helm stations, 2012 Furuno 3D Navnet system, Naiad stabilizers serviced in 2012, bow and stern thrusters, Aquadrive anti-vibration system, three zone air conditioners/reverse cycle heater, 2500w inverter-charger, Glendenning Cablemaster 12kw Northern Lights generator, spare props, 2012 Sat TV, and much more.
The Krogen 49 Express is well-known for her plumb bow and traditional pilothouse profile, and deep forefoot, and hard chines aft, resulting in a very efficient hull capable of a good turn of speed from 9 knots to 15 knots. Other attractive features include safe walkaround side decks, a spacious covered aft cockpit, a walk-in engine room, stall showers on both heads, dinghy storage on flybridge, and two staterooms forward with two heads.
For a couple wishing to cruise in a handsome, comfortable long range Trawler, please come and inspect this high quality vessel. Thank you for your interest.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.