- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 219,000
- Sale Pending
Helicorne II is without exception is one the best maintained and equipped pre-owned Wauquiez Centurion 48 S in the market. This magnificent Yacht was designed by Ed Dubois and built in the well renowned French yard Wauquiez and is equipped for shorthanded ocean passagemaking and liveaboard.
Helicorne II was built 1998 and is one of the 24 semi-custom boats of this design built between 1997 and 2002 by Wauquiez in France.
Helicorne II is a fast comfortable Bluewater Yacht, with a generous beam and long waterline that offer an easy and enjoyable steering with a functional deck layout.
Cruising equipment includes watermaker, solar panels, wind generator, diesel gen set, washing machine and dryer. All sail handling can be done from the protection of the cockpit. The current owners have spent the last 10 Years, sailing extensively the Mediterranean, South Atlantic and the Caribbean.
The beautifully varnished Burmateak interior features three private staterooms, large U-shaped salon, spacious and very well equipped galley, navigation station, with plenty of storage capacity for comfort and livability.
Helicorne II is one of the most desirable semi-custom quality Bluewater cruising boat in the market. She’s a superbly maintained yacht and is now ready for a new owner to move aboard and begin cruising.
Please contact Antonio Belli at 954-527-0664
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Ed Dubois
Flag of Registry: Austria
LOA: 48 ft 0 in
Beam: 14 ft 4 in
LWL: 41 ft 0 in
Minimum Draft: 5 ft 11 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 0 in
Displacement: 35270 lbs
Ballast: 11700 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 6 in
Total Power: 85 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4JH2-DTE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 3800
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: V Drive
Engine Power: 85 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 3 Fiberglass (106 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 3 Stainless steel (159 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 Plastic (14 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 1
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 3
Electrical Circuit: 24V
Total Liferaft Capacity: 4
The bright varnished Burmanteak interior offers 3 private staterooms with 2 heads.
- Sleeps 5 in three staterooms (one guest cabin could easily be modified to sleep 2)
- Custom quality upholstery throughout
- 2 manual Jabsco Toilets
- Overhead Goiot opening hatches with Ocean air screens in each cabin
- High end interior fabric with complete set of delivery covers
- Large oval dining table with adjustable base. Will seat up to 8 people
- Custom in board central settee.
- 24 volt Xenon low consumption lights fixtures throughout
- LED strip lights fixtures in the salon
- Stereo JVC surround entertainment system with external audio jack (iPod).
- Speakers systems in the salon and cockpit.
- Teak hanging lockers, drawers and cabinets in staterooms offer plentiful storage
- Extra hand rails in main salon, Nav Station and galley
- Sit down Nav Station with electric panel, chart plotter, radio’s and navigation instruments
Accommodations & Layout
The Centurion 48 S sleeps 5 in three private staterooms. The owner stateroom has a full V-berth with in-suite head. The two aft cabins have been customized adding beautiful custom storage including multiple containers and shelf lockers. The aft portside cabin has one single berth while the starboard cabin has a full double berth. The high standard fit and finish of the vessel's interior is what you would expect from a semi-custom Wauquiez yacht.The cabins sole is of stratified plywood with teak appearance that come up easily to access the bilges.
The main salon is designed with a large U-shaped settee to starboard with a dining table and with lockers storage compartments outboard of the settee backrest and bookshelves. The dining table can lowered to create with the U-shaped settee a large berth for extra sleeping accommodation.
The forward facing navigation area is starboard of the salon settee. Electronics and communication radios are flush mounted. The wide navigation desk has a hinged top to access storage.
The passageway galley on port has Corian countertop and multiple lockers and drawers for plenty of storage space. There is a generous double stainless steel sink with hot/cold pressure water and manual fresh or salt water. A custom cabinet has been installed in place of the original starboard settee by the current owner to provide extra storage and create a larger galley working area
- Double extra large stainless steel sink
- Hot and cold pressurized water system
- 1 80 lt freezer
- 1 200 lt refrigerator
- Gimbaled Force 10 4 burners propane stove with oven and broiler
- Manual salt and fresh water foot pumps
- Corian counter tops
- Portable ceramic electric cooker with special counter top fitting the gimbaled stove top (very useful when at dock)
- 20 lt fresh water reservoir with manual pump for daily consumption of drinking water
- Bread making machine
- 2 It Ceramic Thermos
The forward owner stateroom has a full V-Berth with in-suite head compartment and separate shower. There are two handing lockers and multiple storage compartments. The in-suite head has an enclosed shower. Large overhead hatch with screen. Reading lamps on both sides of the cabin.
Aft Guest Staterooms
The portside guest stateroom has a double berth with hanging lockers and large custom storage compartments. The head is equipped with a manual toilet and a shower and has plenty of storage.
The starboard cabin has a single berth and has multiple custom teak storage containers for provisions and spares (it could be easily re-converted in a double berth). The head compartment has been transformed into a laundry with washing machine, dryer and wet locker.
Electronics and Navigation Equipment
All the Electronics have been installed between 2005 and 2012
- Raymarine ST60 instruments include depth sounder, wind, Speedo, GPS with repeaters at the steering station
- 1 Raymarine C80 8”screen chart plotter and HD radar
- 1 Raymarine Autopilot with remote control at the steering station
- Raymarine VHF Radio with top mast antenna
- 2004 Icom ICOM IC-M802 SSB radio with PACTOR III decoder. Backstay antenna and in hull copper plating grounding system.
- IRIDIUM phone with wall mounted base
- Portable Raymarine VHF
- Stereo JVC with AUX jack
- Battery consumption monitor
- Wind generator controller
- GenSet controller panel
- TV and Radio antenna on davits structure
- 20’ monitor on wall mount swing arm on the main salon to connect video equipment, DVD, laptop
- Mobile WIFI antenna
24 volt DC and 220 AC electric system with converters for 12 volt equipment
- 24 V service circuit with 4 AGM-Lifeline batteries of 200 A/h each (2013)
- 12 V main engine circuit, with 2 75 A/h starter batteries (2013)
- 24 V batteries 72 A/h for bow thruster (2015)
- Battery chargers for both sets plus 2 spare chargers
- 1000 W inverter Sinergex
- Fisher Panda diesel gen set 4,5 KVA, fresh water cooled 220 V output (1000 h)
- 4 Solara solar panels 12 volts parallel feeding a 12/24 DC converter (70 W each)
- Superwind wind generator 24 V
- Low consumption Xenon and LED lighting
- 12 V and 220 V plugs
- 24 volt DC and 220 volt AC electric system with breaker’s panel and monitoring gauges.
- House bank is charged by 12 volt and 24 volt engine driver alternators
- 2 Shore AC power cables
- 40 Lt water heater Quick 1200 W
- 4 24 Volt fans in cabins and saloon
- Portable General Electric 110 volt Aircon unit
- 400lt freshwater in 3 tanks (GFC)
- 40 l water heater, 220 V heated and main engine heated
- Pressurized hot and cold water system
- Echotec reverse osmosis water maker, 50 l/h
- Holding Tank 50lt (Plastic)
Engine and Mechanical
- Yanmar Turbo Diesel 4JH2-DT(B) E 85hp fresh water cooled with hydraulic gearbox with (3800 h) (new control panel 2006)
- Triple fuel filter system
- 24 volt Bowthruster (new motor and new batteries in 2015)
- 3 Blades Max Prop feathering propeller
- One 4 blades SPW spare propeller
- 3 Fuel Tanks totaling 600 liters (159 gallons) (Stainless Steel)
- Fuel manifold allowing the refill the main diesel tank, located under the forward V-Berth, from 2 auxiliary tanks located in the aft cabins berths
- 1 Electric pump transfer fuel between tanks
- 1 Electric Bilge Pump
- 1 WHALE Gusher manual bilge pumps
- Most through hull have been recently replaced.
- Eudora Washing machine
- AEG dryer machine
Tenders and Safety
- AB Lammina RIB marine-grade aluminum keel inflatable 8’
- Tohatsu outboard 2 strokes 5Hp
- 4 Man Offshore Youlong Liferaft 2010 enclosed in transom locker
- EPIRB Ocean Signal
- Men Overboard Module (MOM) system
- Life vests (8 + 2 automatic)
Mast and Rigging
The rigging is SS wire and has been entirely checked in 2010. The lower uppers were replaced as well as the head stay and back stay The main companionway is protected by a dodger. Reefing and controlling lines are led back in the cockpit.
- Sparcraft mast with triple aft swept spreaders (no running backstay)
- Double backstay with SSB-antenna,
- Navtec hydraulic rams for boom vang and double backstays
- Triple spreaders anodized aluminum mast
- Harken traveler with self tailing winches
- Nav Tech hydraulic station in cockpit controlling boom vang and back stay
- Spinnaker pole mounted on deck
- 2 Lewmar winches 66ST for genoa sheets,
- 1 Lewmar 48 ST for main sheet
- 1 Lewmar 40 ST for boom brake
- 2 Lewmar 48ST for main sheet and spinnaker sheet
- 2 Lewmar 48 ST (one electric winch) on coachroof for main halyard and foresail furling lines and reefing lines
- 1 Lewmar 48 ST on mast for foresail halyards
- 1 Lewmar 40 ST on boom
- 1 Walder boom brake
- Lewmar racing blocks and tracks
The hull is glass-fiber and vinyl ester / polyester resins sandwich with vacuum bonded balsa core. Aramid fiber protection from bow to keel. Multiple treatments to prevent osmosis. Watertight bulkhead forward. Stainless steel rudder shaft with self-aligning needle bearings. Antimony hardened lead keel with stainless steel bolts. Fiberglass balsa sandwich deck. Teak on deck, cockpit and roof (side decks replaced in 2012).
The hull is original white gel coat with light blue trim.
The most recent bottom paint was completed in February 2015.
- Teak laid side decks (new since 2012),coach house and cockpit newly caulked
- Sail locker under foredeck and liferaft locker int ransom,
- Sunbrella dodger with Stratglass covers
- Large Sunbrella bimini
- Sunbrella awning (from cockpit up to the mast)
- Large plastic awning (from mast up to bow).
- Dinghy davits carrying 4 solar panels and 1 wind generator 24 Volt
- Bathing ladder and bathing platform
- Pressure shower on bathing platform
- Aluminum foldable passarell
- LOFRSANS Project (new) 1500 W / 24 volt vertical capstan (new 2012) anchor with 92 mt 10 mm galvanized calibrated chain
- Best quality stainless steel pulpit and pushpit mounted on the bow and transom.
- Two lifelines passing through stainless steel stanchions.
- 3 Companion way hatches (wood, Plexiglas and stainless steel frame)
- Main anchor 25Kg ROCNA type Stainless Steel with 90mt of 10mm anodized chain
- 1 Danforth anchor
- 1 CQR 25 Kg galvanized spare anchor
- Complete set of cockpit cushions and a teak cockpit table in the cockpit
- Custom stainless steel hand rail on deck
- 3 x 50 mt 24mm mooring lines
- Full batten Incidence mainsail
- Furling Neil Pride genoa on Profurl furler
- Furling Incidence staysail on Profurl furler
- Asymmetric spinnaker
- Storm jib
Other Equipment and Spares
- Gas pulpit BBQ
- Fishing rod with Okuma reel
- Yanmar exhaust elbow
- Spare depth sounder kit
- Electric pump PAR max 3
- Bilg pump
- Propeller shaft bearing (2)
- Electric Heater (220 volt, 1000 W)
- 24 volt battery changer
- 24 volt alternator
- Solar panel regulator
- 100mt of 20mm genoa sheet
- Signal flag (Grand Pavois)
- In line exhaust blower for engine compartment
- Diving tank in deck sail locker
Maintenance and Upgrades
- 2012 - New Teak laid side decks. On coach house and cockpit newly caulked
- 2012 – New Services battery bank
- 2013 - Main Engine battery bank
- 2015 - New battery bank on bow thruster
- 2015 - The underwater hull has been completely refurbished; sandblasting, three layers of Interlux primers, two layers of Pettit Trinidad hard antifouling.
- 2015 – New bow thruster mechanic
- 2015 - New engine mount
- 2015 - Mast head wind sensor
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from David Walters Yachts
Hull 10 RS
Newport, RI, United States
Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States
Charleston, SC, United States
Brunswick, GA, United States
Lake Worth, FL, United States