- View Full Specifications
Price just reduced
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Plymouth, MA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 339,000
The design parameters for this handsome custom raised deck salon cutter, a 53' Robb Ladd Custom by Scorpio will enable the owners to go anywhere in the world in comfort and style. Recent upgrades include fresh Awlgrip finish from the boot top to the house top in 2013, new inverter, and electronics updates, but there is much more. Please read the full specs for details and call for the CD with more than 70 high resolution photos. Seller is willing to deliver the yacht anywhere in the North Atlantic basin (at Buyer's expense) post closing.
"A Certified Professional Yacht Broker and Past President of the Yacht Brokers Association of America, Bill holds an Unlimited Master Mariner's License and has over 40 years experience in marine fields. Bill has been a broker with ECYS since 1998.".
Please contact Bill Full, CPYB at 207-846-4545
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Scorpio Yachts
Designer: Robb Ladd
Flag of Registry: United States
LOA: 53 ft 0 in
Beam: 15 ft 7 in
LWL: 45 ft 0 in
Length on Deck: 53 ft 0 in
Displacement: 40000 lbs Full Load
Ballast: 15600 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 74 ft 0 in
Total Power: 85 HP
Engine Brand: Perkins
Year Built: 1998
Engine Model: 426
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 85 HP
Cruising Speed: 7 knots @ 1800 RPM
Maximum Speed: 8 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 Stainless steel (220 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 3 Fiberglass (320 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 2 Plastic (80 Gallons)
The design of this custom raised deck salon provides two couples with equivalent staterooms. For shorter durations, additional berths are afforded by taking the dining settee down to a double and using the salon settee, thereby allowing up to seven berths. The interior is finished in an attractive contemporary white-washed maple with varnished solid teak and holly soles accented by custom art glass and decorative tiles. 6'-6" headroom throughout. There is an abundance of natural light and ventilation with eleven Lewmar hatches with screens, two dorades, and the entire raised deck salon is surrounded with large fixed windows. When natural ventilation is not sufficient to keep her comfortable, below decks there are two reverse-cycle air conditioning units (heat or cool). Artificial light is equally abundant, with swivel style reading lamps at each settee and berth and several overhead lamps in working areas.
Starting forward is a workshop with extensive storage for tools and fittings in drawers and lockers, as well as a work bench to port. Access to the double anchor locker is forward. The aft bulkhead with watertight door acts as a collision bulkhead and isolates the work shop/storage area from the forward cabin.
Next aft is the Forward Suite which includes forward most the enclosed head fitted with manual W.C. plumbed to the forward holding tank, vanity with sink with H&C pressure water, and ensuite shower draining to a separate sump with pump. Aft of the head is the full-width Forward Stateroom with queen-sized berth to port while opposite is extensive storage in hanging locker, four drawer bureau, and three other lockers, as well as a small dressing seat.
The U-Shaped Dining Settee is next aft to starboard with a custom bird's eye maple pedestal mounted dining table. When desired, the table may be dropped down to berth height, forming a generous double berth. Storage under, behind ,and above the dining settee is voluminous.
Opposite is the U-Shaped Galley, featuring Corian counters with deep fiddles, double basin stainless sink with H&C pressure water, and manual fresh and salt ater faucets are located on centerline. There is extensive storage for food stuffs and galley wares in several lockers and a set of drawers, while chilled and frozen food stuffs are easily handled in the two large compartments aft (Sea Frost top loading freezer and top and front loading refrigeration). A Force 10 three-burner gimballed propane stove with oven and broiler handles cooking needs, while a nearby microwave conveniently addresses re-heats.
Up three steps to the Raised Deck Salon. To port is a U-shaped settee, which will comfortably seat five to six people with storage under and behind. A coffee table (custom bird's eye maple table) adjoins. Aft and above there are bookshelves to port and lockers. Opposite is a shorter bench seat with storage under and behind, again with adjacent lockers. The locker doors' P&S are finished with custom decorative art glass. The house for the raised deck salon is well-designed and makes this space especially bright and airy, as well as affording the occupants sitting views of the harbor.
The Navigation Station is fwd. and to starboard of this space and is forward facing. There is an accompanying navigator's chair. The yacht's electrical distribution system is located here, along with a full array of navigational and communication electronics, which are detailed under electronics. Much of the raised deck salon sole is easily removed to provide exceptional access to mechanicals and other vessel systems.
The centerline companionway leads to the cockpit, while just to starboard and down two steps is the Aft Suite. To starboard is the private aft head with access either from the salon or from the aft stateroom. This head features a large separate stall shower compartment, Vacuflush W.C. plumbed to the holding tank, vanity with sink with pressure H&C water, and storage in lockers and drawers. To port is the large aft stateroom with offset queen-sized berth. Above the berth there is storage in under deck lockers and forward of the berth there is generous storage in a hanging locker, four drawer bureau, and six other lockers as well as a dressing seat. Inboard of the berth there is a compartment housing the washer/dryer and then inside access to the large lazarette, generator, and sail locker.
FLYING WHITE is a very comfortable boat throughout. The focus was to provide two couples with generous space for long range cruising, so while she may not have the three staterooms often found on boats this size, she is far more commodious and offers far more storage as well as providing multiple areas for reading and lounging.
- Splendide washer/dryer
- Hela 12 Volt turbo fans in all cabins
- 2007 all-new interior upholstery & cushions
- 2008 custom HMS mattress for aft cabin
- 2008 custom sun shades for Salon
- Complete set of dishes that match the decorative tiles in galley
- Lee cloths for all berths and settees
- Sony AM/FM/CD with MP3 hook up speakers in main cabin
- Sony 17" TV with DVD player
- Badboy wireless cell booster and WiFi router 2014
Sails & Rigging
FLYING WHITE was designed for two couples to cruise in comfort but with the thought that oftentimes she might be sailed by just one couple. Accordingly, the sail handling has been kept extremely manageable with in mast electric furling for the main and electric primary winches. The current owners do 80% of their cruising as a couple.
Awlgripped aluminum keel stepped Hood double spreader mast and booms with 1X19 stainless steel wire rigging. The running backstays are Kevlar.
- Hood electric in mast furling for main
- Harken roller furling for genoa
- Harken roller furling for staysail
- All sheets, furling lines, etc., lead to cockpit
- Hall rigid boom vang
- Harken travellers for main and staysail
- Custom integral carbon fiber chain plates
- 2 Harken #66ST two speed electric primaries
- 2 Harken #66ST two speed secondaries
- 2 Harken #46ST two speed staysail and main sheet winches
- 2 Harken #32ST furling line winches
- 2 Harken #46ST halyard winches on mast
- Harken rope clutches
- Doyle roller furling main 620 sq. ft.
- Doyle roller furling 680 sq. ft. high clewed jib app 120%
- Doyle 196 sq. ft. staysail on self tending boom and traveller
- Quantum 1.5 oz assymetrical spinnaker purchased used in 2013 in exc. condition
Fully equipped for coastal and offshore navigation.
- Raymarine C-120 wide chart plotter/radar 2009
- Raymarine 6000+ autopilot remote
- Two Raymarine ST60 multi repeaters
- Icom M-504 VHF 2010
- Icom 700 HF Single Side Band
- Iridium 9575 Extreme Satellite Radio with external antenna & docking station
- Raymarine C-90 wide chart plotter/radar 2009
- Raymarine ST60 wind point & speed
- Raymarine ST60 Depth
- Raymarine ST60 Speed/log
- Icom 540 VHF Remote mic. 2009
- ACR GPS enchanced EPIRB 2013
- Ritchie 6" binnacle mount magnetic compass
Wired for both 12 Volt DC and 110 Volt AC service. Off the dock a Westerbeke 7.5 kw genset handles heavier loads while a 2000 watt inverter handles lighter loads.
12 Volt DC
- Distribution panel with breakers
- Volt & Amp meters
- All new primary wiring from engine to batteries to switch panels 2012
- 4 Lifeline 8D AGM Batteries for house/engine start/inverter 2012
- 120 amp Power Max alternator with Balmar three-stage regulator 2009
110 Volt AC
- Switch panel with breakers
- Volt & Amp meters
- Westerbeke 7.5 kw generator
- Xantrex 2000 watt inverter charger 2013
- 50 amp shore power inlet aft
- 50' 50 amp shore power cord
- 50' 30 amp shore power cord
- Shore power adaptors
- 12 Outlets
- 12 gallon water heater (also engine supplied)
- Xantrex 60 amp battery charger 2013
The well-laid-out machinery and much of the auxillary systems space is largely below the well-insulated raised deck salon sole, providing an easy space in which to work on and maintain these systems.
Perkins 426 freshwater cooled four-cylinder diesel turns a 22" 3 bladed Max Prop on a 1 -1/2" stainless shaft through a 2.5:2 Borg Warner Velvet Drive transmission. At time of listing, the engine hour meter shows 1,600 hours. This hour meter was new several years ago and an older hour meter shows 15-1600 hours. At time of survey by the current owners in 2006, it was discovered that the starboard integral fuel tank had a small leak. That tank was re-fit with a bladder in 2014, the port fuel tank is integral and is FRP with 60 gallon day tank. Fuel is double filter before use.
There are extensive spares onboard including pumps, parts etc..
- Edson engine controls
- Dual racor fuel filters
- New Jafa PYI rudder bearings 2014
- Spur cutter on shaft 2008
- Two separate Seafrost refrigeration systems 2010
- Vacuflush W.C. for aft head 2010
- New forward and aft holding tanks and hoses 2007
- New starboard fuel tank 2013
- 12 volt machinery space lighting
- PSS dripless shaft seal
- Velvet Drive Transmission new in 2013
- Two 16 KBTU Cruise Air reverse cycle air conditioning units (heat & cool)
- Pur 160e watermaker (never in use by current owner)
- One electric bilge pumps
- One manual bilge pump
- Two macerator pumps
Hull & Deck
Handlaid fiberglass construction with Divinycell core from app 3' from centerline to the rail. The hull was laid up on a male mold then faired prior to Awlgripping. The entire yacht from waterline to house top was re-Awlgripped Cloud White with blue cove stripe and boot top in 2013. The bottom is finished with green ablative anti-fouling and is very fair with no build up. Partially foam cored fiberglass deck and house with glued down teak deck overlay in excellent condition. The knowledgeable owners have not used 2 part brighteners, etc. on the deck and hence shows very minimal wear.
Large deep cockpit with 6'+ length bench seats P&S up across the thwartship seat to the bridge deck where there is aft facing seating for up to four under the dodger. To starboard in the cockpit is access to what can only be described as a voluminous sail locker and adjoining lazarette. To port there is a shallow locker and propane locker. A wonderful feature when in port is the flip down centerline steps from the cockpit which makes the transom, at that point, a walk thru and provides ease of access to the tenders to the cockpit. When in the stowed position, these steps blend seamlessly into the transom and provide a closure for the cockpit as one would expect in a true offshore capable vessel.
The side decks are wide and unobstructed allowing ease of movement fore and aft. Stainless grab rails and double lifelines, bow and stern rails provide security on deck. Large double anchor locker forward. The expansive foredeck provides space to lift the RIB onboard when sailing offshore if so desired.
- Lighthouse 1501 electric windlass both up & down, rebuilt 2014
- 55 lb. Rocna anchor 2014 with 250' 3/8' chain
- 40 lb. Danforth with chain and 300' 5/8" regular lay nylon rode
- Saltwater wash down forward
- Spreader lights
- Dodger by Fortune 2008 with Elkhide covered grab rails
- Helm bimini 2014
- Mooring awning runs from mast to Bimini
- Sunbrella Cockpit cushions 2011
- All new stainless steel lifelines 2013
- Edson foldout teak cockpit table
- Transom H&C fresh water shower and wash down
- 4 Type III PFDs
- MOM module repacked 9/13
- 6 man Zodiac Liferaft re-packed 9/13
- Offshore flare kit
- 5 ABC dry chem fire extinguishers
- Horn & Bell
- Emergency tiller
- Wichard Jack Lines
- 6 fenders with covers & 6 braided dock lines
- Magma propane grill
- Stainless steel flip down boarding ladder at starboard gate
- Lexan storm shutters for raised deck salon windows
- Edson dinghy engine hoist
- Outboard motor brackets at stern rail
- Avon 310 rib 2006
- Older 5hp 2 stoke Yamaha outboard
- 2 20 lb propane tanks
This Robb Ladd designed raised deck salon cutter is well equipped for her next adventure. Originally commissioned by two couples who were experienced circumnavigators, she is a comfortable boat at sea or anchor. Continually upgraded by her current owners (since late 2006) she should prove to be an easy boat to maintain as well as operate.
She is undoubtedly a handsome yacht. In each harbor the owners have stopped in, they have received multiple compliments on her appearance. The listing broker can likewise attest to this having spent some time on her.
With her in mast electric furling and other roller furling systems and all lines led aft, she is set up for short handed sailing and is easily managed by two people. As the wind pipes up, she sails well with a minimal reef in the main and the staysail. On a recent passage to the Caribbean, she reeled off 200 mile days as she did when the current owners sailed her home after purchase doing 1600 miles in just over a week with three onboard.
The cockpit is deep and secure providing not just comfort but safety offshore and with her centerline fold down transom she is likewise a pleasure in port. Her interior is beautiful with plenty of elbow room and impressive amounts of storage.
The dates of upgrades are re-highlighted here to provide a better summary and give prospective buyers a better sense as to the amount of upgrading:
Avon 310 Rib
- All new interior Ultrasuede upholstery & cushions throughout: salon and dining -Baltic Blue; Staterooms - Teal
- New forward and aft holding tanks and assoc. hoses
- 120 amp 3 stage Balmar alternator
- Custom HMS mattress for aft cabin
- Custom sun shades for Salon
- Spur cutter on shaft
- New dodger
- Raymarine digital radar scanner
- Raymarine C120 Wide display at Nav. Station
- Raymarine C90 Wide display at helm
- Vacuflush W.C system for aft head
- 2 Seafrost refrigeration systems for refrig. & freezer
- Icom VHF
- Sunbrella cockpit cushions
- 4 8D AGM Lifeline batteries
- All new primary DC wiring
- Complete exterior Awlgrip refinishing from boot top to house top
- Xantrex 60 amp battery charger
- New Borg Warner Velvet Drive transmission
- New EPIRB
- Iridium Satellite Phone
- Radar reflector
- New stainless steel lifelines
- New Bimini
- Asymmetrical spinnaker added (used but in excellent condition)
- New starboard fuel tank
- 55 lb Rocna anchor
- Badboy WiFi extender with local wireless router
- New rudder bearings
- Anchor windlass rebuilt
While extensive, this list is not comprehensive as many smaller jobs have been done, e.g., some running rigging replacements, water pump overhauls, misc. engine component overhauls or replacements, etc.
The listing broker has had the privilege to sail offshore on FLYING WHITE and can attest to her sea kindliness in 30-40 kts with 10+' seas while beating to weather as well as to many of her other attributes.
Exclusions: (clock & barometer set, art, oriental rugs, tools, personal items)
We have prepared a CD with over 70 high resolution photos of this remarkable Robb Ladd designed raised deck salon cutter; please call us and we will gladly mail you one.
Seller will consider delivery anywhere in the North Atlantic basin (at the Buyer's expense0 post closing.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from East Coast Yacht Sales
Hard Top Sedan
Hyannis, MA, United States
J160 J/160 J 160
Yarmouth, ME, United States
Harpswell, ME, United States
Harpswell, ME, United States
Yarmouth, ME, United States
Hunt Custom Downeast
Blue Hill, ME, United States