- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Portsmouth, RI
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 369,000
The CALLISTO is easily the finest and most sophisticated example of this popular German Frers design to be presented on the brokerage market for quite some time. The very successful SWAN 44 Mk II was first introduced in 1996 until production was ended in 2002 with a total of (69) Swan 44 Mk I / II examples being produced. Delivered to her first Owners as the WENDEN in the Fall of 1998 and now as the CALLISTO for her second Owners in 2007, this SWAN 44 Mk II is the 38th example produced and the 19th "Mk II".
The CALLISTO is an impressively-nice presentation with her beautiful Dark Blue gelcoat topsides, properly-maintained teak decks and with the usual superb NAUTOR varnished teak interior. A number of features incorporated at her time of build by NAUTOR combine to uniquely position the CALLISTO from her peers that result in her enhanced performance, the improved ability to be managed by a light crew and with custom interior details for added utility & comfort. She was the first SWAN 44 Mk II to have a number of specific improvements that include the Carbon Tall Rig option, a customized mainsheet setup that includes an aft-mounted traveler system (vis the standard cabin top arrangement), custom blade jib tracks forward, a custom Galley & refrigeration system that eliminated the old "front-open only" unit, custom modifications to the Nav Station & storage to provide a larger work space, reversing the Main Salon layout to have the Sea Berth positioned to starboard vis to port for better access, a removable Pilot Berth for the port side .. and we're just getting started with the details of the exceptional SWAN 44 Mk II CALLISTO!
Only lightly cruised & day-sailed since her racing triumphs through 2001 as the WENDEN and also after the present Owners purchased her in 2007, the CALLISTO is still prepared to "do it all". She's presented with notable system upgrades as well as her full inventory complement of B&G System 2000 performance instrumentation, newer FURUNO navigation electronics & ICOM communications, all new batteries & interior cushions for the Man Salon, a NORTH SAILS inventory, (3) HARKEN electric winches for cruising & competitive racing as well. Combine this with her past & present Owners' diligent maintenance programs, the end result is most impressive.
Given the virtues of the SWAN 44 Mk II design details, and combining both the NAUTOR and FRERS pedigrees and the special attributes of the CALLISTO's Factory Option and Owner enhancements, she remains to be one of the very best credible recommendations for sailors who require the benefits provided by the ability to make fast, comfortable & safe passages to any point on the globe .. and back again. The legendary NAUTOR'S SWAN structural integrity was also enhanced by the incorporation of a carbon fiber spar. It is not only exceptionally strong but does reduce weight aloft & the yacht's stability functions & sea-keeping abilities & performance are all enhanced as well.
Offered for brokerage sale due to the Owners' changes for their long-term boating plans, the CALLISTO is offered to knowledgeable sailors who will also appreciate her Design & Build pedigrees. The package of well-conceived features & custom options & inventory all combine to make the CALLISTO of the finest choices available for those who aspire to this sort of quality as well as outstanding sailing performance under sail and in all conditions.
For more information regarding the "CALLISTO", please contact her Central Agent, Randy Altemus, via cell 203-512-0847 or by email "raltemus(at)byy.com" .
Please contact Randy Altemus at 203-512-0847
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: German Frers
Hull Shape: Displacement
LOA: 43 ft 11 in
Beam: 13 ft 9 in
LWL: 34 ft 8 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 2 in
Displacement: 24300 lbs
Ballast: 8400 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 63 ft 10 in
Total Power: 50 HP
Engine Brand: VOLVO-PENTA
Year Built: 1997
Engine Model: MD 22L FWC
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Power: 50 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 100 Stainless steel (2 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 66 Stainless steel (1 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 11 Stainless steel (1 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 3
Number of double berths: 3
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
Electrical Circuit: 12V
Hull & Deck
The CALLISTO has the Dark Navy Blue (NGA 7344H) gelcoat finish for her topsides. The trademark NAUTOR double boot-tops and single cove stripe are NGA 2000 White. The single coach roof accent stripe is Dark Navy Blue (NGA 7344H). The exterior gelcoat finish of the CALLISTO is in exceptionally good condition. The transom was refinished with a Dark Navy Blue AWLGRIP application (2006).
The bottom paint is INTERNATIONAL Micron CSC, dark blue. It should be noted that the bottom finished is in a "well above-average" condition.
The SWAN 44 Mk II hull construction features the use of a fiberglass reinforced polyester laminate. The deck construction is a sandwich construction using fiberglass reinforced skin laminates with closed-cell foam core. The deck is thru-bolted to the hull on 4" centers through the standard NAUTOR silver anodized aluminum toerail (provided with drain holes where necessary). There are solid laminate or high-density inserts provided with aluminum backup plates under deck fittings. The structural bulkheads are made of high-quality marine grade plywood especially fabricated to NAUTOR specifications that is laminated to the hull and deck. Hull stiffeners are unidirectional lay-ups over foam cores.
CALLISTO's custom Tall Rig triple-spreader carbon fiber spar is stepped through the deck onto a galvanized steel mast step with movable shoe for mast rake adjustment. There is a deck tie rod connected to the mast. There are laminated reinforcements on the settee backrests for the through-bolted anchor plates which are connected with tie rods to the through-deck main shroud chainplates.
The keel is an elliptical bulb shape with short root chord. Ballast is cast lead alloyed with antimony. The cast-in bolts are of high tensile stainless steel.
The rudder is foam filled GRP with tubular stock of hi-tensile stainless steel supported by two (2) self-aligning roller bearings. There is a cable steering system with chain drive. The wheel is a optional custom 47" Destroyer-type with an elkhide cover with 1.3 turns H.O. to H.O. There is a SUUNTO 5.4" compass mounted on the composite steering pedestal that is provided with a friction brake and stainless steel crash bar. The emergency tiller is stored in the large cockpit locker.
The stemhead is a custom stainless steel unit fitting with an anchor chain roller and headsail tack attachment. There are stainless steel main shroud chainplates bolted to the bulkhead. The deck gear includes a double-rail stainless steel bow pulpit, a double-rail stern rail with a gate. There are lifeline stanchions bolted through the deck and upper & lower stainless steel lifelines with a standard gate, starboard side, and the optional port side gate.
CALLISTO has the optional "scoop transom" recessed bathing platform in the with an integral stainless steel ladder and steps. There is an anchor well forward with a LEWMAR Concept 1 manual/ electric windlass with combined chain/rope gypsy and hand-held remote control unit with "up" and "down" functions. For storage, there an exceptionally large cockpit locker and provision with a shelf for the liferaft outboard. There is propane tank stowage under the helmsman's seat.
Other features include:
CALLISTO's deck features the standard NAUTOR 9mm laid teak construction overlay battens on the side decks, coachroof centerline recess, entrance hatch garage cockpit floor, seats & winch bases. The teak is vacuumed-bagged without screws. Teak lips are provided outside of sheet tracks. There are GRP moldings for the entrance hatch hood, Dorade box, removable aft part of the cockpit floor, helmsman's seat and front, cockpit stowage hatch and the anchor locker hatch. There is an elevated dodger base on top of the coachroof molding.
Hinged GOIOT hatches are provided for the Aft Cabin (under the port cockpit seating area), Forward Shower Room and Guest Cabins, Passageway, Main Salon & the Owner's Cabin aft.
- Six (6) openable GOIOT ports for the Aft Cabin & Head, Galley & Navigator's areas
- Main Salon portlights of tinted laminated tempered glass
- Main Companionway sliding hatch of tinted acrylic, lockable from inside and out with (2) removable teak dropboards
Features (on the "CALLISTO"):
- "Scoop" transom with recessed teak bathing/boarding platform including stainless steel folding swim ladder with teak steps
- Wheel steering @ 47" diameter (vis std 44") with elkhide wrap and custom teak protection strip aft of the wheel (note: new JP3 type 48 lower rudder bearing system upgrade in lieu of old unit via LMI Newport)
- Support foot blocks for Helmsman, removable angled
- Compact teak on floorboards aft of steering wheel, both sides
- Stainless steel double rail bow pulpit with teak seat modified for ORC requirements (i.e., without the "butterfly" opening configuration with the gate forward)
- Stainless steel double rail stern pulpit
- Gate for stern rail
- Upper & lower stainless steel lifelines
Factory Custom Features (addit'l):
- Custom HARKEN mainsheet traveler track located aft in cockpit (forward of wheel)
- Custom HARKEN System 8 double-ended mainsheet system to facilitate single-handed usage with mainsheet track and cut-outs in the coamings to lead to the (2) aft-mounted HARKEN winches
- Custom traveler cross-haul HARKEN System II (adapted for 6:1) in combination with HARKEN System 9
- Spinnaker sheets lead to cabintop winches
- Cross-over blocks, (1) HARKEN H1981
Gates, port & starboard, for both upper & lower lifelines
Double rollers for anchor on stainless bow stemhead fitting
Bow anchor well
(2) GRP stowage lockers in the cockpit coamings with hinged tinted plexi door
Large cockpit stowage locker, starboard side (28 cu/ft)
Dorade box with (2) Dorade vents, stainless steel guards
GOIOT hatches: (1) Cristal line 61.61 large foredeck ,(2) 36.19 in Head & Passageway, (1) 61.61 for Main Salon, (2) 36.19 for Galley/ Nav Station area, (4) openable 34.18 for Galley / Nav Station area, (1) 49.36 exit / ventilation for Aft Cabin, (2) openable 34.18 for Aft Cabin & Aft Head
Main companionway sliding hatch of tinted acrylic (lockable from both inside & outside) and with (2) part dropboards
Anchor windlass, LEWMAR Concept 1 low-profile stainless steel electric / manual mounted on foredeck, port side, with remote control
Custom "Easy Disconnect" feature for windlass with custom aluminum plate to cover when unit is removed
Stainless steel anchor rode chain striker/protection plate
Stainless steel grab rails, deck-mounted, custom extended length
Mooring cleats, 12" aluminum, (2) on foredeck with fairleads & (2) aft & (2) recessed in toerail amidships each side,on coachroof aft of line organizers
Pad-eyes for Storm Jib, WICHARD 6505, (1) pair, located forward of chain plates
Upgraded adjustable HARKEN System 4 genoa car system with lines led aft to spinnaker sheet winches, including clutches
Genoa tracks, additional, HARKEN 759 for outboard sheeting including (2) H1873 cars
(2) Genoa 3 / staysail sheet tracks (20") including (2) HARKEN H1873 cars
(14) total SPINLOCK XC halyard clutches, mounted aft on coachroof, (7) each side
(3) SPINLOCK clutches, (1) for furling line (port side) and (1) each side for the runners
(4) HARKEN deck plates and H1974 screw-in blocks for outboard sheeting
(2) HARKEN runner blocks, screw-in type H1974 (vis standard)
Furling / runner blocks, HARKEN H1974 screw-in type (vis standard)
Furling line blocks, HARKEN H1957 on foredeck and stanchion-mounted leads on port side
Other Fittings (custom):
(2) Stainless steel protection grids for cockpit speakers
Outboard motor bracket on stern rail
Radar post, white painted aluminum, mounted on aft deck
Chainplate fitting for inner-forestay attachment
Stainless steel bar, outboard in cockpit seat locker, for hanging sheets
Storage for companionway drop boards in cockpit seat locker
Extra drop board for companionway entrance, teak-framed "mosquito" screen
CALLISTO has interior woodwork of hand-rubbed satin finish varnish application with the trademark NAUTOR light-grained teak joinery. All door sills are furnished with stainless steel chafe plates. There is a varnished teak & holly sole throughout. The Heads are provided with tile floors and a white GRP interior module for ease of maintenance.
The Main Salon has an "L" shaped settee with table port side and settee to starboard. CALLISTO has a custom interior layout that has the pilot berth to starboard vis port and lockers, bookshelf and space for entertainment systems on the port side.
The Galley is on the port side with gimballed stove with oven with extractor hood and stainless steel guard; CORIAN work tops and covers for stainless steel sinks. The CALLISTO has a custom NAUTOR-built front & top-loading refrigerator and a freezer compartment in lieu of the standard vegetable locker.
The Navigation Station is on the starboard side opposite the Galley with chart stowage; drawers; dished Navigator'sseat; drained oilskin locker.
The Forecabin has a twin V-berth with filler piece; shelves and lockers over; dresser and hanging locker aft.
The Aft Owner's Stateroom has a double berth with filler piece; shelf with lockers over to port; hanging locker and dresser forward.
The Forward and Aft Head / Shower compartments are finished with white GRP interior modules, tile flooring, PAR manual sea-water flush toilets and telephone-type hand-held shower units.
The Main Salon settees are upholstered with "faux leather", light beige (note: replaced with new, Spring 2016)
The Main Salon sea-berth (starboard side w/ bolster cushion), Forecabin and Aft Cabin cushions are upholstered with a custom light blue / green fabric (new, 2008). The Nav Station seat was refinished with a medium matching UltraSuede fabric material (2008) The curtains are SELLGREN Soolo #51, white.
The interior cushions are custom TEMPUR-PEDIC foam-filled vis the standard foam provided by NAUTOR.
- Custom lockers & bookshelf in Main Salon vis (standard) pilot berth, port side
- Custom Navigation Station storage modification to give larger chart table area and reduce cabin storage immediately forward and access door to instrument spaces
- Custom small fixed storage locker above pilot berth "foot" (forward end), removable shelf and fiddle aft of the locker (starboard side only)Custom storage behind the backrest, port aft corner of Main Salon, equipped with hinges
- Custom removable pipe berth in Main Salon, port side
- Custom "bread locker" just forward of the Galley & incorporated into the aft section of the settee berth (note; bin swivels out for access to panels underneath).
- Removable teak-framed mosquito screens with rubber gaskets for the (3) large openable hatches
- Elkhide wrap in Main Salon for lower spar section
- Canvas leecloths for Main Salon berths
- Custom layout with enlarged chart table space,& accommodations for computer & printer, access door to storage space behind instruments
- (6) GOIOT screens for all openable ports
- (3) GOIOT pull-out blinds/mosquito screens for deck hatches in Main Salon, Forecabin and Aft Cabin, #61.61 and #49.36
- (4) HELLA Turbo-Fans: (2) in Main Salon (in forward corners), (1) in Aft Cabin in middle of aft transverse bulkhead & (1) in Forecabin in corner, port side aft
- Custom Vertical teak handle beside each marine head
- Custom CD rack beside the radio/CD player
- Drop-boards, teak (2) sections, for Forecabin:
- Custom upper lockers on both sides instead of (standard) bookshelves
- Modified bottoms in V-berth, aft part to open as forward part, restraining straps to hold in open position, removable support underneath
The CALLISTO has the standard SWAN 44 Mk II Galley configuration with the exception of the custom refrigeration system as built by NAUTOR. The "L" shaped Galley is located aft, port side, opposite the Navigator's Station. The counter tops are CORIAN. Ample stowage is provided by the crockery and food lockers behind sliding doors, drawers for utensils and pot & pan stowage below the stove.
- Stove with oven, FORCE 10 stainless steel gimballed model #61358 with (3) burners (vis standard 2-burner ENO unit)
- Remote electric propane gas shut-off switch (mounted at Galley)
- Range hood with integral lighting and extractor fan
- Custom microwave oven installation, GE JE 520 BU (12"x18"x9.5"), 115v,
- Double stainless steel sink with garbage bin below
- Custom teak cutting board as well as standard DURAT covers for the sinks
- Hot & cold pressure water system with single-tap control
- Custom NAUTOR-built refrigeration locker with provisions for both front and top-loading (approx 3.5 cu/ft)
- Counter tops @ CORIAN Cameo White
- SEA FROST BDXP Direct Evaporator Refrigeration System, 12 VDC w/ Electronic Controls installed in starboard side of the Galley area (new, 2011)
- SEA FRONT BDXP Freezer System, 12 VDC w/ Electronic Controls installed @ Galley, port side w/ top opening lid (new, 2011)
- Drinking water filter off both Inverter and Shore Power for both the NAUTOR- made custom top-and-front loaded box (refrigeration) and the optional vegetable locker conversion (Freezer, approx 3.2 cu/ft)
The SWAN 44 Mk II is provided with water tanks that are constructed of welded stainless steel, pressure-tested, and provided with baffles and inspection ports, sounding plug (& rod) and vent pipes (water vents into Galley sink). The total capacity is 100 US gallons (380l).
All through-hull sea cock fittings are double hose clamped below the water line and finished flush with the exterior of the hull and are located in accessible positions.
- Bronze sea-cocks throughout for all thru-hull fittings below the waterline (external fittings flush-mounted)
- Deck wash-down, sea-water (located in bow anchor well)
- Deck shower, hot & cold, mounted on transom, port side
- Fresh-water capacity 100 US Gallons (380 liters) in (2) stainless steel tanks
- Hot & cold pressure water system with engine space blower with thermostat control
- RACOR fuel filter
- Fuel capacity 66 US Gallons (250 liters) in (1) stainless steel tank
- (1) Pressure water pump, 123 VDC
- (2) Shower sump pumps, 12 VDC
- (1) Electric automatic bilge pump, 12 VDC
- (2) Manual bilge pumps, (1) in cockpit & (1) below (5.8) US Gallons hot water tank heated from engine and 110v shore power element
Heads & Showers
- Teak gratings in Heads, removable (note: tile underneath)
- (2) Manual PAR marine heads
- Custom teak handle, vertical, installed beside each head
- Stainless steel holding tank for Forward Head with provision for deck discharge, (10.5) US Gallons (40 liters) w/"Y" valve for overboard discharge
- Stainless steel holding tank for Aft Head with provision for deck discharge & "Y" valve for overboard discharge when offshore
- Shower fixtures, hand-held, for both Heads
- Extractor / blower fans for each Head
Rig, Rigging & Winches
CALLISTO is provided with an OFFSHORE SPARS-built AWGRIP white-painted spar & boom, keel-stepped, with the custom Tall Rig option (as built to IMS "IM" dimension, see below) with triple spreaders.
Rig Dimensions (Tall Rig Spar, as built): I=59.87', E=17.59', P=52.73' & J=16.73'
Sail Area (Tall Rig w/ 100% Fore & Main Triangles): 964.57 sq / ft (500.81 sq / ft + 463.76 sq / ft)
There is a 10000 PSI hydraulic mast jack hand pump, installed in the spar section.
There is a custom "LPS" lightning protection package built into the spar. The standing rigging is NAVTEC discontinuous rod. There is a NAVTEC System 50 (4) function panel located aft integral with the pedestal for the boom vang and the backstay adjuster and (2) other available functions if desired.
The halyards are internal.
- OFFSHORE SPARS carbon fiber rig, section #8957 (painted AWLGRIP white), Tall Rig (I=59.9')
- OFFSHORE SPARS aluminum boom, section #7244 (painted AWLGRIP white)
- Separate storm trysail track on mast, 7/8" stainless steel T-track, port side
- (2) Foot-steps on mast, folding
- Burgee halyard with sheave & cleat
- Mast track ANTAL Size 50
- Hydraulic jack for mast step (installed in mast section)
- NAVTEC rod rigging (note: all replaced, 2011)
- Babystay KEVLAR 49 with WICHARD mechanical adjuster & snatch block
- HARKEN #2 roller-furling with "split drum" option to facilitate removal
- TUFF-LUFF #1706-59 headstay system (for racing)
- Inner-forestay system with mast & foredeck fittings including a shroud roller & halyard
- Instrument bracket, carbon fiber, for (4) B&G 20-20 Repeaters
- Four forward halyard system with (2) genoa & (2) spinnaker halyards
- All lines led aft to (2) coachroof winches via line organizers & clutches: :Stbd side outboard in): foreguy / downhaul, spinnaker halyard, jib/genoa halyard, main halyard, clew reef, slab reef & Cunningham and Port side (outboard in): foreguy / downhaul, pole topping lift, #2 spinnaker halyard, #2 jib / genoa halyard, #2 clew reef, slab reef
- Full spinnaker gear including all blocks & lines
- Spinnaker pole with FORESPAR Grand Prix end-fittings (deck mounted, stbd side)
- Reaching strut/jockey pole (deck-mounted, stbd side)
- Color-coded VECTRAN running rigging including 2) genoa halyards & main halyard
- Color-coded SPEC-SET II running rigging including spinnaker sheets, aft guys, (2) spinnaker halyards, staysail halyard, pole topping lift, reef lines, foreguy
- Running backstays & check stays, #02/3T KEVLAR #48
- Dacron burgee halyard
- Lazy-jacks for mainsail
- Preventer tackle
- Cunningham tackle
- (2) B64.2 STC (3) Speed genoa sheet
- (2) B53.2 STC (2) Speed spinnaker sheet
- (1) B48.2 STCE (2) Speed electric sheet / halyard (mounted stbd side of coachroof aft) including custom 30mm high mounting base
- (1) B48.2 STC (2) Speed halyard / reef (mounted port side of coachroof aft)
NOTE: electric winch control switches/buttons located on cockpit seats, forward
CALLISTO has an extensive inventory of NORTH SAILS for both racing & cruising applications. It should be noted that any of the "race" inventory that have been retained have been only lightly .. if at all .. used from the 2002 Season onwards. All sails have been properly stored and regularly maintained since acquisition.
Cruising (NORTH SAILS)
- Mainsail, Dacron Performance Cruising (2012) with ANTAL cars (2012)
- #2 Genoa, 138%, roller-furling, 3TCUT 6.5 oz SR Norlam, roller-furling with white SUNBRELLA UV cover
- 100% 3DL Marathon Jib, roller-furling, w/UV cover
- Mainsail cover
Racing & Cruising (NORTH SAILS)
- Mainsail, 3DL Grand Prix, Full-Batten, (2) reefs, foot shelf
- 153% 3DL Grand Prix, Medium #1
- 153% 3DL Regatta Jib Top
- 138% 3DL Grand Prix #2
- 100% 3DL Grand Prix #3
- 1S.5 (oz) Cont. 5L Spinnaker
- 2S.75 (oz) Norlon Spinnaker
- 5S1.5 (oz) Norlon Spinnaker
- 109% Kevlar Spinnaker Staysail
- 7.0 Soft Norlam Forestaysail
- Storm Trysail
- Storm Jib (Dacron)
Note: the "CALLISTO" has a custom isolation transformer that was installed in 2008 to preclude the possibility of any galvanic action due to a poor or failed internal or external power connection (that also applies to other source yachts or structures in the area).
- Ship's Service, 12 VDC
- (2) Ship's Service batteries (approximately) 600 AH capacity (note: all replaced with new AGM's, Spring 2016)
- (1) Engine Start battery, 90 AH (note: replaced with AGM battery, Spring 2016)
- Batteries boxes vented to mast
- Buffer battery system for electric winches
- Volt meter & amp meters on 12 VDC control panel
- 12 VDC outlets at Nav Station, (1) "watertight" at cockpit Helm Station & (1) on Dorade box forward of the mast
- Shore Power, 115 VAC with polarity alarm, cord
- 115 VAC outlets in Heads and each Cabin
Charging & Power Management:
- (2) Engine alternators, (2) 60 AH 12 VDC; (1) Engine Start & (1) Ship's Service batteries
- Inverter / charger, HEART Freedom 25 / 12 VDC 2.5kW Battery monitor, LINK 2000 Inverter, EXELTECH S125, for computer & printer
- Battery parallel switch
Note: all interior lights either replaced with LED unites or upgraded with LED bulbs over the past few years
- Remote courtesy / foot light switch at Companionway entrance
- Courtesy/ foot lights throughout
- Berth lights, (5) chrome CABIN 21 (vis standard)
- Bulkhead lights, (2) chrome CABIN 21 (vis standard)
- Overhead LED dome lights, chrome finished & recessed, throughout
- Flexlight at Nav Station
- LED lights, yellow, for circuit breakers on AC / DC Panel (vis standard)
- Dome lights, (2), red for both Galley & Nav Station / Chart Table
- Cabin light dimmer switch for Main Salon
- Navigation lights
- Stern light
- Bow light
- Foredeck flood light
- Tricolor masthead light
The "CALLISTO" had the following major upgrades made to her electronics inventory made over the past few years:
- FURUNO NavNet 3d MFD 12 GPS / Chartplotter / Radar Display at Nav Station
- FURUNO NavNet 3d MFD 8 GPS / Chartplotter / Radar Display at Helm Station
- FURUNO FA-50 AIS Class B (TX/RX) (note: antenna on stern rail)
- FURUNO DRS4D 4 KW radar w/ 24" Radome
- FURUNO BBWX1 Sirius Satellite Weather Receiver (2008)
- ICOM M802 SSB interfaced to PACTOR Modem
- ICOM M504A with Command MICIII interface to rear cockpit
- ICOM 504A VHF w/ Command MICIII interface remote to cockpit (2014)
- ICOM 802 SSB with interfaced to PACTOR modem
- Grounding cage for SSB (in hull)
- Power supply for cellular phone with antenna cable to the radar pole
- B&G Hercules 2000 System
- B&G 790-PK-1 FFD at Nav Station
- Extra FFD, 790-PK-15 installed inside cockpit coamings aft, (1) each side
- Wind Speed Indicator, 215-HL-022 analog, installed at Companionway entrance, port side (presently not operative)
- 360-Degree Wind Direction Indicator, 215-HL-016 nalog, installed at Companionway entrance, stbd side (presently not operative)
- 20-20 CD Pack, (2) red & (2) green, installed at mast
- Display Controller Pack, 302-PK-10, installed port & starboard at helm in the coaming, (2) each side
- Heel/Angle Clinometer, 690-00-004
- Barometric Pressure Sensor, 690-00-007
- FURUNO DRS4D 4 KW radar w/ 24" Ray-Dome
- FURUNO M12 & M8 GPS / ChartPlotters / Radar displays
- SUUNTO 5.3" (135mm) binnacle compass
- B&G Hercules 790-PK-ACP 2 with hydraulic ram RAM-T2-12V
- FURUNO FA-50 AIS Class B (both TX/RX) & interfaced to radar display
- FURUNO BBWX1 Sirius Satellite Weather Receiver
- Radio / CD player in Main Salon, ALPINE AM / FM (new, 2008) with (2) POLY-PLANAR loud speaker
- Loud speakers in cockpit, (2) POLYPLANAR XS-MP-61
Engine & Drive-train
A VOLVO MD22L fresh-water cooled marine diesel rated at 50 HP at 3000 RPM is standard on the SWAN 44 Mk II. The unit is mated to a VOLVO Saildrive for optimum efficiency and sound reduction. There is a left-hand (LH) turn folding propeller. The engine spaces are well-insulated. The engine controls are mounted in the starboard side of the cockpit aft, recessed and protected by a plastic door. There is a single-lever throttle & gear shift. Displays include a tachometer with an hour meter, coolant temperature gauge, Oil pressure gauge, fuel tank level gauge, warning light for battery charging, warning light with audible alarm for low oil pressure/high engine temperature.
The SWAN 44 Mk II is provided with a welded stainless steel fuel tank that is constructed of welded stainless steel and provided with baffles and inspection port, sounding plug (& rod) and vent pipes. The capacity is 66 US gallons (250l).
Major maintenance items over the past few years:
- Replaced exhaust elbow (2012)
- Replaced Sail Drive Boot (2014)
- Powder coated Saildrive lower-end unit (2014)
Engine & Drive-train
- VOLVO-PENTA MD22L (3) cylinder FWC diesel rated for 50 HP at 3000 RPM
- VOLVO Saildrive 2.2:1
- Folding propeller, (2) blade bronze
- Single-lever engine throttle & shift control
- VOLVO Engine Control Panel with tachometer & hour meter, coolant temperature gauge, oil pressure gauge, fuel tank level gauge, warning light for engine charging, warning light & audible alarm for low oil pressure / high engine temperature
Anchoring & Mooring:
- BRUCE 44# anchor with rode
- FORTRESS anchor with rode
- 4 Fenders
- Sprayhood / dodger, HATHAWAY, White SUNBRELLA, provided with (2) side windows and openable (with zippers) forward center section and with custom stainless steel frame to allow adequate handle clearance for coachroof winch operations
- Compass cover, MEHLER White #9229 fabric
- Dodger, extra, for racing
- Fire extinguishers
- (1) Horseshoe lifering mounted on stern rail
- Safety / jack lines
- Folding propeller, (3) blade, spare
- Cockpit cushions, white with dark blue piping
- Cockpit table, folding, varnished teak, custom NAUTOR-built
- Extra drop board for aft companionway entrance, teak frame with mosquito screen
- (5) Winch handle holders, in cockpit
- Bo'sun's chair
- (4) Cleat guards, teak
- Anchor light with connections
- Safety belts for navigator & cook
- Flag pole / jackstaff with ensign
- (2) Heel Angle Indicators, (1) at Companionway and (1) at Helm Station, port side
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.