1998 Nauticat 331
- View Full Specifications
Live aboard version
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Ardfern, Argyll & Bute, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 118,950 Tax Paid (US$ 165,935)
Presented in sail away condition AILONA is a very nice live aboard example of the popular Nauticat 331 motorsailer. Benefiting from over £20k of upgrades and re-fitting since 2015 the boat really is ready to sail, offered with a full inventory.
Based on the old Nauticat 33 the design of the 331 has been changed very little during the last 45 years of production. Some tweaks below the waterline have improved boat handling and sailing performance for the better while below decks the finish has been refined to an exceptional standard. Accommodation is provided below decks for a total of 4 crew in comfort with a single large heads forward and the elevated wheelhouse providing panoramic views from the saloon table.
Wintering ashore here at Ardfern.
Please contact Mark Cameron at 01852 500247
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Ailona (To Be Retained)
LOA: 10.40 m
Beam: 3.40 m
LWL: 8.60 m
Maximum Draft: 1.48 m
Displacement: 8300 kgs Half Load
Bridge Clearance: 14.50 m
Headroom: 1.75 m
Freeboard: 1.45 m
Total Power: 75 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 1998
Engine Model: 4JH2-DTE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 75 HP
Cruising Speed: 6 knots
Maximum Speed: 7 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 Plastic (450 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: 2 Stainless steel (500 Liters)
Holding Tanks: 1
Electrical Circuit: 12V
'The Nauticat 331 is more a motorsailer than a deck saloon admittedly, but it does have the appealing virtue of offering an inside steering position; no longer do helm and crew have to be separated.......
Under power, at around 2,500 rpm, she'll be almost making 7kts, while inside you can be sitting warm, cosy and most of all dry.
Its a couple of steps down to the pilot house from the cockpit. Going forward, shrouds are taken inboard and the teak capped solid guardrails and bulwarks provide good safety moving around on deck......
Whatever the layout, the attention to detail and build quality on board is a real selling point.'
Yachting Monthly, February 2018, Graham Snook - Find Me A....
Hull constructed of hand laminated GRP moulding with all structural bulkheads made of teak faced marine plywood. Hull finished in white gelcoat with dark blue style stripes.
Deck moulding constructed of hand laminated GRP moulding finished in white gelcoat. Deck finished with teak through out boat. All handrails and trims constructed of solid teak.
Spars, Rigging and Sails
- Masthead Ketch Rig, all spars by Selden Masts
- Full battened mainsail with lazyjacks
- Rod kicker
- Furlex 200S Genoa roller reefing system, twin luff grooves
- Slab reefing mizzen
Silver anodised aluminium spars manufactured by Selden Masts, masthead ketch rig configuration. All standing rigging of stainless steel 1x19 wire construction with roll swaged terminals.
- Primary Winches - 2 off Harken 32ST, two speed.
- Halyard Winches - 2 off Andersen 10, single speed. Mounted on main mast.
Sails valeted and inspected annually by Owen Sails with running repairs carried out as required.
- Mainsail - Arun Sails. Fully battened, 3 reefing points
- Roller Reefing Genoa - Arun Sails. Roller reefing. New UV strip fitted 2017.
- Mizzen - Arun Sails. Single reefing point.
- Mainsail Cover - Arun Sails. Stackpack type cover with lazyjacks and mast boot.
- Mizzen Cover - Arun Sails. Conventional type sail cover.
- Windscreen Cover
- Wind Break - Owen Sails. Providing shelter for aft deck when at anchor.
- Windlass Cover
Mooring and Ground Tackle
- Main Anchor - 25kg Vulcan (by Rocna) on 60m, 10mm calibrated chain rode. (2015)
- Kedge Anchor - 25lb CQR with chain (6m) and warp (35m) rode.
- Windlass - Lofrans Tigres, 12v, 1000w with remote control.
- Mooring Warps - Selection
- Fenders - Selection
The deck layout of the Nauticat 331 varies little from the original design of the Nauticat 33 and has become something of a trademark. The decks are finished all round in teak decking laid in panels recessed into the deck moulding, the aft cockpit seating is also finished in teak to match the decks.
Access around the decks is excellent with a good selection of substantial hand holds combined with the high solid teak capped rails providing crew with plenty of security. The stainless steel bowsprit is fitted with teak treadplates. A large diameter roller on the starboard side facilitates self stowing of the anchor while an additional bow roller was fitted in 2015 to port for lying at a mooring. The Lofrans Tigres windlass is fitted on the foredeck with the anchor chain self-stowing in the chain locker below decks. Fender baskets are fitted to the pulpit rails forward providing neat on deck storage for a total of six fenders. The wide side decks run along both sides of the wheel house to the small steps leading to the elevated aft deck and cockpit.
The cockpit is located aft of the wheelhouse on the raised after section of deck. The external wheel is mounted directly aft of the mizzen mast with seating provided running fore and aft. The view from the external helm position forward is excellent for manoeuvring the boat into a port or starboard side to berth. Storage lockers are provided within the seating box on the port and starboard sides of the cockpit.
- Log - Autohelm ST50 mounted at external helm station
- Depth - Autohelm ST50 mounted at external helm station
- Wind - Autohelm ST50 mounted at external helm station
- Repeater - Autohelm ST50 NavData repeater at internal helm station
- Plotter - Raytheon RC530 Pathfinder Series plotter at internal helm station
- GPS - Garmin GPS128
- VHF - Raymarine Ray240 DSCVHF. Handsets at both helm stations
- Autopilot - Raymarine ACU-2000 with Raymarine P70 control heads at both helm stations. Linear type drive unit. (2016)
- Radar - No longer operational, screen and scanner still in place.
- Cooker - Eno, 2 burner and oven gas cooker. Whole gas system renovated in 2015 and brought up to current Gas Safe regulations. Cooker serviced with new thermocouples fitted 2017.
- Fresh Water System - 450ltr single polyethylene water tank. Hot water via engine fed Isotherm calorifier with 240V immersion heater. Faucet provided at galley sink and in heads with dedicated shower. New Jabsco pressure pump fitted in 2015
- Heating - Ebersapcher D3LC diesel fired blown air system. 6 outlets in total throughout accommodation space.
- Shower Power System - Hardwired RCD protected system. Powering ring main, immersion heater and battery charger.
- Heads - Jabsco marine toilet, twist and lock type. Plumbing in place for holding tank although tank not fitted.
- Stereo - Sony DAB head unit. FM/MW/LW with 2 speakers in saloon.
The interior is constructed of high quality joinery work using teak faced plywood and solid teak trims with all surfaces finished in a satin varnish. With fitted carpets (fitted new in 2016) covering the traditional teak and holly sole boards throughout and rich light blue alcantara upholstery in the saloon all in good condition she feels fresh and comfortable below deck.
The forepeak has a large double berth offset on the port side with a single wrap around seat on the starboard side of the cabin. Storage is provided in a selection of shelves above the berths and large bin type lockers beneath the berth with a small dresser unit to starboard aft.
Being the 'live aboard' layout below decks AILONA has a single large heads compartment opposite the galley on the portside. The comparment is spacious and finished in a traditional style with a wipe clean laminate surface and teak trims forming the units while the sole is covered in a mosaic tile floor. The aft end of the compartment is a dedicated shower area, screened from the rest of the compartment with a full length curtain and fitted with a teak slatted seat outboard.
The linear galley is of considerable size and the builder has maximised the use of internal volume to create a spacious and practial working space for spending longer periods aboard. The galley runs along the starboard side with a white work surface appointed with a double stainless steel sink, Eno stainless steel gas cooker and large top loading Isotherm fridge. Storage is provided throughout the galley in a range of lockers. An infill section is provided in way of the cooker to create additional worksurface area when required while a clever folding teak counter top is provided to port with a small selection of additional drawers and lockers aft of this.
The wheelhouse incorporates the saloon area, excellent vision is provided around the boat with large glass windows provided on all sides. The internal helm position is located to starboard with all navigation instruments mounted directly in front. A generously sized table is provided to port with the U-shaped settee and infill in way of the port sliding door a full crew with guests can be easily accommodated. A good range of storage is provided around the wheelhouse, under the settees and in a selection of lockers including a wet hanging locker.
The aft cabin provides another spacious double bunk to port. A dresser unit at the aft end of the cabin provides a good variety of storage options along with a mirror. Again a good selection of storage including a hanging/wardrobe locker is provided throughout the cabin.
- Davits - Custom made Nauticat davits fitted at stern. (2016)
- Deck Wash Pump - Jabsco 50psi deck wash system with plug-in type deck outlet on foredeck. (2015)
- Bow Thruster - SidePower 4hp thruster, single control station at external helm.
- Battery Charger - Sterling Pro-Charge Ultra smart charger.
- Solar Panels - 2 off 100w Marlec Sunware Panels with Steca digital regulator. (2017)
- Manual Bilge Pump - Henderson Compac 50 in cockpit
- Electric Bilge Pump - Rule 2000 in engine compartment bilge space with auto and manual switching.
- Radar Reflector - Mast mounted
- Horseshoe Lifebuoy - Stored in rack in stern.
- Tender - Seago 290 inflatable, fitted for stowage in davits.
- Outboard Storage Bracket.
- Boarding Ladder - Folding 5 rung ladder with mounting points port and starboard.
- Yanmar 4JH2-DTE turbo charged 75hp marine diesel engine
- Dual control stations
- Shaft type sterngear with 3 blade bronze propellor
- Hydraulic steering system
- 500ltr Diesel capacity over 2 stainless steel tanks
Engine sited in dedicated, fully enclosed and sound proofed engine space beneath the saloon sole. Sole lifts to provide excellent access around engine and sterngear. Fuel tanks are situated either side of the engine outboard.
Ships Battery Systems
- Domestic Bank - 2 off 180Ah lead acid.
- Engine Bank - 1 off 95Ah lead acid.
- Battery Monitor - Link 10 monitor at internal helm station
Batteries are charged via engine driven alternator, 240v Sterling charger or wheelhouse roof mounted solar panels.
In this case we are acting as brokers only. The Owner is not selling in the course of a business. whilst every care has been taken in their preparation , the correctness of these particulars is not guaranteed. The Purchaser is strongly advised to check the particulars and where appropriate at their expense to employ a qualified Marine Surveyor to carry out a survey and/or to have an engine trial conducted which if conducted by us shall not imply any liability for such engine on our part.
This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Ardfern Yacht Centre
Ardfern, Argyll & Bute, United Kingdom