- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Oxford, MD
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 295,000
The Morris Ocean Series 38 is an evolution of the very popular Morris Justine 36 and combines the elegant lines and sea kindly sailing characteristics of Chuck Paine’s designs with the meticulous detail and heirloom quality craftsmanship of Morris Yachts. “ALACRITY” represents one of the best of these builds and has been lightly used and carefully maintained by her owners (most of her life by Morris Yachts). She is well set up for a couple or small family for extended cruising and the cockpit and sail handling is set up for shorthanded sailing.
For more information about this and other Morris Yachts Brokerage listings, please contact Wythe Ingebritson, Brokerage Director, at email@example.com or 207-664-8111.
Please contact Wythe Ingebritson at 207-664-8111
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Morris Yachts
Designer: C.W. "Chuck" Paine
Flag of Registry: United States
LOA: 37 ft 5 in
Beam: 11 ft 7 in
LWL: 29 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 6 in
Displacement: 15600 lbs Half Load
Ballast: 6500 lbs
Total Power: 38 HP
Engine Brand: 3Jh
Year Built: 1998
Engine Model: Yanmar
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1490
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 38 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: Stainless steel (135 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: Aluminum (37 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: Stainless steel (15 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 3
Number of double berths: 1
Number of cabins: 1
Number of heads: 1
Electrical Circuit: 110V
“ALACRITY” was one of the last Morris 38 built and is an exquisite example of a finely finished Morris Yacht. She has too many details to list here which run from wine and liquor storage to a carbon fiber mast to a beautiful custom teak inlays and locker vents. She was designed to be fast, fun and easily sailed from the cockpit with a double-ended mainsheet that can be trimmed from the helm or from under the cover of the dodger. She has been used seasonally and maintained to the highest standards and continuously upgraded.
Deck and Hull
- Manually consolidated solid glass hull with Hydrex Vinylester resin, built to the highest standards with balsa-cored ribbing and stringers.
- White awlgripped hull with dark blue whale stripe and boot stripe.
- Bottom soda blasted, epoxy barrier coated and new bottom paint (blue) (Fall 2015)
- Teak rubrail with stainless steel half oval.
- One piece fiberglass deck with Baltek ¾” end grain balsa core. All areas for through deck fastenings are solid laminate.
- Sturdy bulwarks integrated into hull/deck joint with varnished teak cap
- Stainless hawsepipes through bulwark for midship cleat docklines
- Stainless steel chocks mounted to toe rail for bow and stern lines
- Herreshoff style stainless steel bow, stern and midship cleats.
- Custom stainless double anchor stem fitting
- Varnished teak handrails, eyebrow, dorade boxes, cockpit coaming cap and lazarette cover
- Stainless steel deck hardware.
- (11) opening port lights.
- (2) opening hatches.
- Stainless steel stanchions with double lifelines and opening gates port and starboard.
- Stainless steel folding swim ladder with PVC treads (with mounting brackets at both port and starboard gates).
- Novalift outboard motor hoist and outboard motor mount on stern rail.
- Stainless steel companionway handrails.
- Stainless steel dorade guards.
- Deck prism.
- All exterior brightwork stripped and revarnished (2016)
- Teak cockpit table with leaves and canvas cover and varnished teak drink holder.
- Spacious cockpit has three large sail lockers with recessed hasps.
- Varnished cockpit table.
- Edson pedestal wheel steering with integrated engine controls and stainless steel wheel with elkhide cover and wheel lock.
- Stainless steel helm pedestal guard with Nav Pod enclosure for chartplotter
- Ritchie binnacle compass on pedestal
- Varnished teak four cup holder mounted to helm pedestal
- Folding teak step at helm mounted to pedestal guard with fleece lined sun cover
- Canvas instrument pod cover.
- Fold down dodger with roll up center window and elkhide covered stainless steel grabrail on aft edge and stainless steel handrails on sides for additional support walking forward (New 2013).
- Cockpit bimini mounted to extended stern rail with filler to connect to dodger (New 2013)
- Sliding companionway hatch with translucent Lexan top
- Three companionway drop boards with storage in sail locker
- Custom removable companionway doors with interchangeable insect screens and smoked lexan centers sections (can be used in lieu of dropboards).
- Sunbrella sun cover for companionway slide or doors attached to companionway hatch
- Cockpit seat cushions
- Winch pockets in coaming sides with stainless steel trim rings
- Teak cockpit sole.
- Cockpit speakers
- Engine control panel behind clear plexiglass cover at helm
“ALACRITY” is a roomy and well laid out example of the dinette arrangement. She is finished in the classic Herreshoff style with white bulkheads and satin varnished mahogany trim throughout. Vented locker doors, some with carved shearwater design, and a teak and holly cabin sole create a warm and inviting feeling below decks. Air conditioning was added in 2015 to keep the interior comfortable in warmer climates. Overhead handrails, finger rails along the trunk cabin sides provide handholds throughout interior.
The engine is located behind a removable access panel under the companionway, which leads down into the galley/nav. area.
To port of the companionway is a comfortable quarter berth and convenient hanging wet locker. Just forward is the nav. station, with Fusion stereo and computer outlet, Balmar battery monitor and air conditioning controls. The nav. seat has a large custom toolbox inside and the nav. table has a beautiful inlay of a compass rose and extra drawer for misc. items. Aft of the nav station is a storage/wet locker with a louvered panel door. Above it are mahogany radar and VHF cover boxes.
Opposite the nav. station to starboard is a U-shaped galley with white Formica countertops, mahogany trim, mahogany locker doors and mahogany binocular box aft.
Mid-ships is the main cabin with a modified dinette arrangement. The port side has a full size settee, and to starboard is a comfortable U-shaped dinette with seating for 6. The custom mahogany drop leaf table features custom inlay and a cutlery drawer. There are bookshelves and storage lockers over both port and starboard settees. All cushions are covered in “Teal” Ultra Suede.
Farther forward to port are a large hanging locker, smaller storage locker, and three drawers.
The head, located on the starboard side forward of the dinette and mast step, has two doors, one leading to the forward cabin. The head has a hand-held shower with teak drainage grate to sump, hot and cold pressure water and manual back-up pump, Raritan PHII marine head with 15 gallon stainless steel holding tank, two lockers, one under the sink and one behind the head, mahogany-framed mirror and Corian toothbrush/cup holder.
The forward cabin is well lit and ventilated by three port lights and an opening deck hatch. A roomy V-berth with filler and port side seat are covered in “Teal” Ultra Suede. There is ample storage with a small locker above the seat, hanging locker on the starboard side, four drawers below the berth and shelving on both sides above the berth.
- Force 10 three-burner propane stove with oven/broiler/propane monitor.
- Removable cover for stove to expand counterspace
- Top-loading ice chest with Seafrost engine driven refrigeration.
- Polished stainless steel double with hot and cold pressure water.
- Salt water and manual freshwater foot pump.
- Xintex S-2A Propane Fume Detector.
- Fold down cutting board inboard of sink
- Ample storage in lockers outboard of counter and in drawers and lockers below
- Varnished mahogany paper towel holder and binocular holder next to companionway
- Optional extra 35 gallon water tank (total 135 Gallons).
- 15 Gallon stainless steel holding tank (New 2015)
- All sanitary hoses replaced 2015
- 37 Gallon aluminum fuel tank
- Wema multi gauge tank monitoring system.
- Saltwater deck wash with hose.
- Shore inlet for fresh water teed into water system pump.
- Whale shower sump pump.
- Cockpit shower.
- Seafrost engine driven refrigeration with 120 volt AC shore assist.
- Espar D3LC Cabin Heater with three vents.
- CruiseAir air conditioning system (shore power only)
- Carbon monoxide detector in main salon.
- Primary and secondary Jabsco 3000 electric bilge pumps (Primary new 2015)
- Manual bilge pump at helm
- Hot water tank (heats of engine or shore power)
- Four (4) 30H marine batteries (New 2015).
- Dedicated start battery (New 2016)
- 24 circuit 12 volt DC breaker panel with voltmeter/amp meter/master switch/main breaker.
- 80 amp alternator.
- Balmar battery monitor system (New 2016)
- 110V system with (6) outlets, panel and 20 amp charger and shore power cord.
- 130 amp battery combiner.
- Copper bonding system
- 12V outlets in cockpit, at nav station and in forward cabin.
- Masthead tricolor/anchor light and deck light.
- Three (3) extra dome lights in forward cabin, galley and over port bureau.
- Adjustable spotlight w/remote switch above dinette table.
- Interior lighting converted to LED
- Rod light above head sink.
- Fans in galley and V-berth.
- Goldenrod heaters in aft and forward hanging lockers
Electronics and Navigation
- ICOM M-502 VHF at companionway.
- ICOM Command Mic in winch pocket.
- Raymarine i60 wind, speed & depth instruments mounted above companionway (New 2016)
- Raymarine e127 color GPS Charplotter in NavPod at helm (New 2015)
- Radome mount on gimballed stainless Questus backstay mount for future installation of radome.
- Autohelm ST-6000+ autopilot.
- Autohelm ST-600R wired remote.
- Computer outlet at nav station.
- Fusion MS-US650 stereo with AM/FM radio, Bluetooth streaming and internal docking for Apple/Android media devices (New 2016)
- 24” Samsung flat screen HD TV with antenna (New 2013)
- Sonnance 300 cockpit speakers.
- Stereo/vhf antenna splitter.
- Bad Boy wifi booster
- GMT two spreader carbon fiber mast with Antal luff track and cars. (New 2002)
- Harken unit 1.5 MKII furling system.
- Harken B500 manual backstay adjuster.
- Continuous single line reefing system with both reef lines and main halyard lead aft to electric winch.
- Double ended main sheet led to starboard primary winch at helm and winch under dodger.
- Adjustable genoa car with control line led aft to cockpit
- Hall B18 quick vang with control line led aft.
- Internal boom preventer led aft to cockpit.
- Harken traveler mounted over the sea hood with control lines led aft to cockpit
- Burgee staff.
- Flag halyard.
- Spreader halyard.
- Forespar whisker pole with topping lift stored on mast.
- Windex wind indicator.
- Lensref radar reflector with stainless steel guard on mast.
- Lewmar all-chrome winches.
- (2) 50CCST primaries.
- (2) 30 CCST secondaries
- (2) 16 CCST halyard winches.
- (1) 30STCE electric main sheet winch.
- (1) 16CCST reefing winch.
- (2) chrome winch handles.
- North Marathon 3DL mainsail. (2002)
- North 110% furling genoa. (2007)
- 135% furling genoa with foam luff and UV leech cover.
- North true radial gennaker with snuffer.
- Lewmar Ocean 1 electric anchor windlass.
- SL Bruce 33 primary anchor with 40’ chain and 200’ rode.
- Chocks for Fortress FX16 anchor.
- 10’ chain and 250’ rode, (rodes marked in 20’ increments).
- Two dry chemical fire extinguishers.
- Wood through hull plugs with lanyards at each seacock
- (2) horseshoe buoys mounted to stern rail
- (6) docklines.
- (4) fenders with lines.
- Dropboard storage bag.
- Companionway screen with storage bag.
- Canvas covers for: Table, hatches, outboard, handrails, pedestal.
- O/B motor mount on pushpit.
- Novalift motor hoist.
- Stainless two piece swim ladder.
- Varnished mahogany binocular holder inside of aft cabin bulkhead.
- Magma propane grill mounted on stern rail
- Varnished teak boathook with storage on trunk cabin
- G. Wright brass clinometer
- Brass clock and barometer
Personal effects and throw pillows excluded from sale.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Morris Yachts
Ocean Series 38
San Francisco, CA, United States
Ocean Series 42
Northeast Harbor, ME, United States
Ocean Series 44
Northeast Harbor, ME, United States
Unknown, ME, United States
Northeast Harbor, ME, United States