- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- SAN DIEGO, CA
- Hull Material:
- Last Listed Price:
- US$ 66,500
Jetstream - (ex Joie De Vivre - owned by a prominent yachtsman from Santa Barbara) is a White Gelcoat j/105 that has been lightly raced.
Join the J/105 One Design scene with Jetstream, a fully equipped J/105 that is ready to day sail around the bay or race in the big regattas. There is no better boat for both fun and competitive sailing than the J/105.
A fun and forgiving performance boat that is easy to sail, Jetstream offers low maintenance with a simple layout, has great performance, a large cockpit, predictable handling characteristics and makes no pretences of being a distance cruiser or live-aboard. There is less to maintain as all the extra cabinetry and weight of things you won't use aren't there. So instead of varnishing toe-rails and troubleshooting systems you'll be enjoying a sail with friends. With less demands placed on you and your crew J/105 is more fun to own.
Considering how you will actually use your boat, no other choice of sailboat today makes as much practical sense to own as the J/105. It is simply the best sailing value available and as an added bonus it offers instant access to a whole new network of sailing friends and events throughout the Southern California, the US and the world.
To provide you with the best possible service, I can be reached via email, cell, or text any time night or day
Contact listing broker to schedule a viewing toady.
Please contact Kenyon Martin Cel: 858-775-5937 at 619-224-6200
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: J Boats
Designer: Rod Johnstone
LOA: 35 ft 0 in
Beam: 11 ft 0 in
Displacement: 7750 lbs
Ballast: 3400 lbs
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 585
Length Overall: 34.5'
Length at Waterline: 29.5'
Max Draft: 6.5'
Disp: 7,750 lbs
Sail Area: 577 sq ft
Total Power: 18 hp Yanmar Diesel
with Folding 2 blade prop
Hull & Deck
- Sprayed and fared bottom job Spring 2003 Deep Draft Keel Installed as boat
came from East coast with a Shoal draft Keel.
- Lloyd's approved, aircraft grade AL600 epoxy coated CK57 (6 lbs./cu.ft.) Baltek end-grained balsa laminate construction using biaxial glass fabrics and vacuum bag molding techniques. An Interplastic vinylester resin barrier coat allows a ten-year hull warranty against blisters.
- White gel coat hull with single (1.50" to 3.00") tapered bootstripe in RED.
- Large sit-in cockpit with 6.5' seats with backrests, suitable for cockpit cushions.
- One lazarette storage locker and two cockpit seat storage lockers
- Swimming and boarding platform sculptured into aft face of full height transom with integral ladder.
- Cockpit coamings 2.5" high over sidedecks to channel water aft.
- Molded companionway slide-in seahood w/dodger boss/instrument pod.
- ORC size molded-in foredeck toe-rails.
- Stainless steel handrails on cabin trunk.
- GRP molded main structural bulkhead, bonded fore & aft on hull and deck as support for shroud chainplates with single opening to forepeak.
- Fore & aft and transverse keel support beams vacuum bagged to hull.
- Fabricated aluminum mast step with transverse beams fastened to main bulkhead.
- Faired Lead & antimony fixed 6.5' draft, fin keel with bulb bolted to a deep molded stub.
- One battery.
- Guest Bat 1 / Bat 2 / Both / Off battery switch.
- AC and DC Electrical panels w/circuit breakers.
- All chainplates with lightning grounds.
- Five swiveling halogen reading lights (4 in main salon 1 in berth)
- One fluorescent light in head.
- SEAHOOD pre-wired for instruments with 6 wire 22 gauge cable to nav station.
- Automatic bilge pump w/check valve & panel switch for manual operation.
- 110 Shore power with battery charger and 30 amp shore power cable
Mechanical & Steering
- Yanmar 2YM20 20 hp, 3 cylinder, diesel engine with 80 amp alternator and two-blade 15” Martec folding prop with #2 Martec hub.
- Yanmar engine instrument panel in cockpit with acrylic cover.
- Vetus engine throttle control with neutral safety switch.
- 12-gallon alloy fuel tank with baffles and inspection/clean out port NEW.
- Balanced spade rudder constructed using "E" glass and large diameter shaft mounted in PYI rudder bearings.
- Custom wheel and pedestal package with Magnetic compass.
- Harken Unit-1 headsail furler.
- Two Harken 44.2AST, 2 speed primary winches with 44:1 power ratio.
- Two Harken 33.2AST, 2 speed secondary winches on cabin trunk.
- Double sheave deck organizers (P&S) recessed in dodger spray shield molding.
- Two lock-in winch handles (10").
- Two PVC winch handle holders.
- Aluminum mast collar.
- 4 mast mounted turning blocks.
- Two Spinlock double rope clutches aft on the cabin top. Port is main halyard and jib halyard. Starboard is for cunningham/reef and spinnaker halyard.
- Two jib sheet cars on a 3 foot 32mm clear anodized "T" track (P&S) with aft end stops.
- One camcleat for headsail furler.
- One Spinlock side mounted rope clutch for spinnaker tack line.
- Harken mid-sized traveler track recessed in cockpit seat with Harken 4:1 system using #1625 car with #1515 control blocks and #1631 end controls. Control lines pass through Harken 222A big bullets and cleat to Harken 150 cams in line with traveler.
- 6:1 racing mainsheet system using Harken single and double blocks on separate boom bales and a fiddle block on the traveler car with coarse adjustment sheet tail led to a center-mounted heavy duty swivel base with camcleat and single ratchet aft of traveler; and a 24:1 fine tune system achieved by adding 4:1 tackle attached to mainsheet end and cleated to a swivel base with camcleat on front side of traveler.
- Custom double-rail stainless bow pulpit and dual corner stern rails with transom gate.
- Low profile mounted roller furling drum system on stemhead with control line aft to port side of cabin trunk where tail can be used on primary winch.
- Tapered lifeline stanchions with heavy duty deck plates.
- Four 4-bolt mooring cleats.
- Single foot blocks to lead spinnaker sheets to the cockpit or cabin house.
- Harken cams for lazy spin sheets, mounted aft of primary winches.
- Two heavy duty "U" bolts aft for two 1959 spinnaker sheet blocks.
- Lewmar 20x20 articulated foredeck hatch.
- Lewmar 10x10 vent hatch in head.
- Lewmar opening ports in sides of cabin trunk.
- companionway sliding hatch and acrylic offshore dropboard with inside/outside opening hasp.
- Cockpit operated bilge pump.
- Two 12" x 20" polypropylene mesh line bags.
- Custom SS chainplates, stemhead and backstay tang.
- Main Cunningham/Reef 57mm block on reef hook for single line reefing system.
Spars & Rigging
- Hall Spars One-Design tapered, aluminum, fractional-rig mast with double airfoil spreaders, plus boom Finished in White.
- Nitronic 50 rod rigging and Ronstan calibrated turnbuckles.
- Custom 4.25" diameter, clear coated carbon fiber, retractable J/Sprit with 1:2 under-deck Harken launching system.
- Automatic sprit retraction system using 3/8" shock cord attached to butt of sprit.
- Running rigging package: Main & Jib Halyards, jib, main & spin sheets & spin halyard. Also includes reef line, cunningham, pole control, tack line, traveler control lines and main fine tune.
- Sailtech -10 integral hydraulic backstay adjuster with 9.5" throw for -6 rod backstay. BACKSTAY HYDRAULIC ADJUSTER REBILT IN May 2012
- Rigid boomvang with integral cleating.
- Main boom with #1 reef stopper to port and #2 reef sheave on starboard side to double as Cunningham.
- 12:1 internal mainsail outhaul on boom.
MAIN SAIL - 2008
JIB (ULLMAN) 2012
SPINNAKER (WITH KARL STRAUS BEER LOGO)
- Off-white Formica low-maintenance bulkheads, and lightweight bin panels with vinyl trim, cold molded teak cap moldings.
- Teak and Holly cabin sole.
- Storage bins outboard of settee berths.
- Nav station with flip-up lid to access charter storage, and outboard shelf and nav panel to house instruments.
- Galley unit with polished stainless galley sink with fresh water foot pump and water tank with thru-hull drain.
- Single Burner Alcohol Stove top.
- Forward of the main bulkhead is a changing area, hanging locker and Raritan PH-2 marine head with 12 gal polyethylene holding tank or "Y" valve for direct offshore discharge.
- Holding tank Overboard discharge manual pump.
- Forward of the head area is a lightweight bulkhead with V-berth and below berth storage.
- Sunbrella acrylic fabrics for main cabin settee cushions. Optional V-berth cushions, as well as cockpit cushions that double as settee backrests below
finished in Dark Bue with Red Piping
- Vinyl liner on cabin overhead and hull ceilings.
- 12 x18 mirror in head.
- Rugged 54 qt. top opening, portable Igloo cooler under companionway ladder.
- Stainless grab rails in main cabin.
- 3 B&G 20/20s with Triple Display Carbon fiber mast bracket and 2 H2000 FFD displays port and starboard side of coachwork.
- Robertson Auto Pilot (currently non-operable),
- VHF Radio
- Sony AM/FM/CD with 2 speakers
- Analog Display
- Garmin Model 128 Chart Plotter/GPS
- B&G Paddle wheel speed sensor located forward in v berth area
- Shore Power package 30 amp
- LOOS Gauge
- Emergency Tiller
- Coast Guard safety pack: Flares, 2 fire extinguisher,
- Life Jackets
- Jib cover, Main Sail Cover, Wheel Cover
- Dodger and dodger frame
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from JK3 Nautical Enterprises, Inc.
Newport Beach, CA, United States
REDONDO BEACH, CA, United States
San Diego, CA, United States
Marina Del Rey, CA, United States
San Diego, CA, United States