1998 Island Packet 350
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- St. Petersburg, FL
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 115,000
Upgraded and Refitted Island Packet 350!
This was the sellers Dream Boat and a boat to be kept for many years. As such the seller set out to put Tula in turn key edition. All work done was at the discretion of this very meticulous and caring owner. With a large growing family Tula needs to be sold to make way for a larger yacht.
Over $70,000 in updates in 2017 by a professional boat yard!!
Warranty on all yard work until August 2018!!
This IP 350 is a true gem! The list of upgrades and improvements is truly impressive .
Island Packet has one of the most loyal owners group in the world.
Is it the quality, the stability, the classic looks, the blue water capability, the accommodations, the safety? Come take a look and see for yourself why this Island Packet 35 should be high on your list of boats to consider.
Island Packets are known for being the prototypical "offshore cruiser", and "Tula" is a great example of a very handy and cruise-ready boat, with lots of conveniences not usually found in a 35 footer. She has ample room inside for 2 couples and up to 7 for short trips. Her owners have a growing family and are moving to a larger Island Packet .
Features & Upgrades:
2017 Doyle Vertical Battened Furling Mainsail
2017 California Style Bimini
2017 B & G Touch Screen GPS Plotter
2017 B & G Radar
2017 All New Mast Wiring
2017 High Volume Bilge Pump
2017 Engine Full Service only 1095 hours
2017 Complete Bottom Refurbish
2017 Vetus Bow Thruster
2017 B&G Autopilot Repeater
2017 B&G VHF w wireless Handheld
2017 B&G Multifunction Repeaters
2017 Complete Engine Removal and Service
Many Spare Parts specific to Island Packet
Licensed and Bonded Since 1994
More High Definition Pictures Available
Contact me for more Pictures and Info
More Featured boats at .www. PreferredYachts.com
Visit our Preferred Brokerage Display Center
A Boat Show Everyday
at the Harborage Marina - St Pete, Florida.
Come explore and consider dozens of brokerage boats all in one location in charming downtown St Petersburg, Florida. It's like a boat show everyday of the week.
Mega yachts to small yachts, power and sail
Thinking about selling your boat?
We have discounted slips available at our Preferred Yacht Brokerage Display Center to give your boat maximum exposure.
Call me to discuss how we can help you.
Please contact Bo Brown at 727 408-1027
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Beam: 12 ft 0 in
LWL: 29 ft 4 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 0 in
Displacement: 16000 lbs
Ballast: 7500 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 48 ft 10 in
Headroom: 6 ft 4 in
Total Power: 38 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 1997
Engine Model: 3JH2E
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1090
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 38 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: Aluminum (100 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: Aluminum (50 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: Aluminum (37 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
Electrical Circuit: 110V
The Master stateroom is forward and features a large Pullman berth to stb, an upholstered dressing seat with contoured backrest, large cedar lined hanging locker, bureau cabinet, berth shelves, and plenty of stowage volume under the berth. The head is next aft to stb with a large wrap around counter, lots of cabinets, a shower with contoured seat and curtain, and sink. Private access from either the salon or forward cabin accommodates guest and owners. The main salon has facing settee's, a bulkhead mounted table with leaf for large gatherings, exceptional amounts of storage below and outboard of settee's, stb settee converts to a large double berth . Aft and to stb of the companionway is the spacious galley with propane stove and oven, Adler Barbour refrigeration system, double SS sinks, numerous drawers, Formica lined cabinets and lockers, built-in dish and cutlery storage provide ample room for stores and utensils. To port and aft is the fully enclosed guest stateroom with a large generous double berth, cedar lined hanging locker, bureau cabinet, long shelf above berth outboard, storage bins. The entire boat is spacious for a 35' boat with beautiful oiled teak interior finish and teak and holly cabin sole.
Note: All Items shown in Bold below are new in 2017
- Privacy door to Salon
- Private access to forward Head and Shower
- Large double Pullman Berth to Starboard - Storage below.
- Teak Shelving outboard along hull sides
- Dressing Seat with Contoured Back Rest
- Cedar lined Hanging Locker with Bureau Cabinet
- Access to Chain Locker forward
- 2 x Opening Stainless Steel Ports plus Overhead Opening Hatch with Cover
- Fully Enclosed Private Cabin w/ Door to Salon
- Offset Pullman style Double Berth with Storage Below
- Cedar Lined Hanging Locker
- Shelves and Storage Lockers
- 2 x Stainless Steel Opening Ports and One Overhead Opening Hatch.
- Dual Access- From Salon and Forward Cabin
- 12 Volt Fan
- Manual Head
- Stainless Steel Opening Port and Opening Overhead Hatch
- Large Vanity with Stainless Steel Sink
All Equipment is New in 2017
- B&G V50 VHF Radio @ Nav Station
- Wireless Handheld Unit with Cockpit Mount
- Sony Marine Series Blue Tooth CD Stereo
- Weems and Plath Clock and Barometer
- Samsung HDTV on Swivel Mount
- 2 x 12 Volt Charger Outlets
- U Shaped Galley is functional and also provides safety at sea. There is good counter space as well as storage. Molded slip resistant sole.
- Nauti Kold Refrigerator and Freezer - Top Loading ( New Motor & Water Pump )
- 2 Burner Gimbaled Propane Stove with Oven (All New Fittings from tank to cooktop)
- Pressure Hot and Cold Water and also a Manual Raw Water Faucet (New Water Pump )
- Fold Up Counter Extension
- Double Stainless Steel Sink
- Built in Storage for Dishes and Cutlery
Hull and Deck
Overview: Island Packet is well known for their high quality cruising vessels. With her full foil keel she is a stable offshore cruiser with only 5' draft. She is built with integral one-piece construction for superior strength, and has respectable sailing performance. 100% hand-laid high modulus fiberglass construction throughout with special gelcoats for durability; (Island Packet's exclusive PolyClad hull gelcoat system)
- Bottom Paint: Full Keel Bottom media blasted , New Barrier Coat, 2 Coats Interlux 2000/2001 Barrier Coat, Sea Hawk Dark Blue Bottom Paint (2017)
- Boarding: Vessel can be accessed from her side decks, through opening gates in the lifelines, or from the molded swim platform on the transom.
- Deck Construction: Deck attached to integrally molded hull flange w- bolts, lock nuts, Urethane adhesive sealant - Deck hardware thru-bolted w- aluminum backup plates
- Lifelines: New Stainless Steel Life Lines installed from Stern to Port Gate around Cockpit (2017)
- Exterior teak was stripped, sanded, and refinished in 2017, Including removing all stainless.
- Fenders: (4) Navy Blue
- Anchoring : Double Stainless Steel Anchor Rollers. 2 x CQR 35# Anchors.
- Lofrans Electric Anchor Windlass
- Opening Ports: (11) polished Stainless Steel w/screens with internal covers
- Opening Hatches (5) opening deck hatches with external canvas covers and internal screens
- Propane: LPG deck storage bin with (2) 10Lb. Aluminum propane Tank, drain overboard. Located on Starboard side deck.
- Radar Mount: Stainless Steel Kato, mounted on mast (2017).
- New Stainless Steel Companionway Slides Custom Built 2017
- New Dorade Vents , one with Solar Fan 2017
Sails and Rigging
- Doyle Furling Mainsail with 3 Vertical Battens ( 2017)
- Furling Genoa: North Sail, original.
- Furling Staysail with self-tacking Boom, original.
- Spare Spinnaker Halyard
- Winches: (2) Lewmar ST-40, primaries, (2) Lewmar ST-30 on Cabin Top.
- Lewmar #8 and 2 x 16# located at the Mast
- Harken Jib and Staysail Furlers
- Aluminum Mast with Mast Steps
All Electronics are New in 2017
- 2017 B&G 12" Chart Plotter Touch Screen
- 2017 B&G Radar Mast Mounted
- 2 x 2017 B&G Multi Function Displays
- 2017 B&G Autopilot Controls
- 2017 Stereo Speakers in Cockpit and Salon with control switch
- Island Packet Logo Binnacle Mounted Compass
- Fish Finder Bottom Machine Transducer connected to the 12" Plotter
- Engine: Yanmar 3JH2E 38 HP diesel (1090Hours). Three cylinder, fresh water cooled, rubber isolation mounts on reinforced fiberglass bed with integral oil drip pan, twin fuel pumps (mechanical and electrical)
- Engine and Transmission removed and fully serviced in 2017
- Vetus Bow Thruster (New 2017)
- Marine Air Conditioning System
- 2017 Full Engine Service @ Embree Marine including New Engine Mounts.
- Racor fuel filter (with new inside parts) with water separator, Engine intake strainer - bronze, easy access, w-bilge light.
- Fresh Water bypass system to flush AC and Engine intakes
- Back Up Bilge Pump for additional Safety (Total of 2 including High Volume)
- 3 Blade Folding Max Propeller
- Steering: Whitlock Cobra rack and pinion steering.
- Line Cutter on Propeller 2017
- Spare Drive for the B&G Autopilot
Layout: Her cockpit is quite spacious with long seats to either side (very convenient for lying down), and stern seats on the stern rail aft
- New California Dodger and Bimini with Connector: Sunbrella Marine Blue Sunbrella. 3 Panel Strataglass Dodger, Stainless Steel Frame with Grab Rails (2017)
- Cockpit Cushions, Captains Helm Back Rest
- Line storage for Port & Starboard Genoa winches
- Fresh water cockpit shower
- Cockpit Ice Box: Hinged lid, drainage
- Fiberglass Cockpit Table , Folding
- Davits: Kato S/S Davits
- 1Throw Ring PFD
- Telescoping Hook Pole,
- Emergency rudder tiller.
- Beautiful Original folding Teak Companionway Screen
- Electrical: Full 12v DC and 120v AC electrical breaker panel.
- Heart LInk 2000 - R Inverter
- 5 x AGM Batteries House Bank (2017)
- 2 x Engine Start Batteries (2017)
- 2 x Shore Power 30 Amp Receptacles
- Power Cable: (2) 50 foot 30 amp power cables
Cruising World Magazine review
"The 350 is designed and built to ABS standards; it’s also CE certified Category A (unrestricted offshore use) for the European market. All of this points to a meticulous, stringent set of construction parameters. The hull is built of solid triaxial fiberglass using vinylester in the outer layers to curb water penetration, then polyester behind that. It is laminated by hand in conjunction with a pressure-fed resin impregnator, and stiffened with an integrated molded-in structural grid. Island Packet’s proprietary gel coating system (PolyClad) allows the company to offer an unprecedented 10-year limited warranty against blistering. The deck is cored with rot-resistant PolyCore foam to retard water penetration; fittings on deck sit atop raised platforms molded into the part and are backed by integral aluminum plates. Typically, attention to detail at the tooling stage is superb and that is why components such as this can be rendered so professionally.
One construction item is of special note. The stainless chain plates are welded to an L-shaped flange that sits beneath and interlocks with the in-turned fiberglass hull flange along the rail. Below this, the extension of each chain plate is secured further by long strands of unidirectional fiberglass that fan out and are glassed into the hull all the way down to well below the waterline. The result is a chain-plate assembly that successfully integrates rigging loads with the monococque structure of the hull and deck and ties virtually the entire boat together with stainless steel and uni glass. A very reassuring detail."
Practical Sailing on the 350:
"The topside scenario emphasizes practical cruising. The cockpit is safe and secure with good high coamings for ocean work, and the seating is long enough to stretch out on horizontally should you want to sleep there beneath the stars. Safety harness pad eyes are installed at the factory. Primaries are within reasonable reach of the helm, and line bins keep spaghetti under control. The bow with its sturdy sprit is dedicated to anchoring: The hook is simple to store and deploy, the locker is deep, and a prime spot for windlass installation is tooled into the deck. The cutter rig offers a wide range of easy to handle sail combinations"
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
This listing is offered on a 50-50 split with corresponding Florida licensed brokerages. Brokers unlicensed in Florida must contact listing broker to make arrangements that comply with Florida law.
Other Boats from Preferred Yachts
St. Petersburg, FL, United States