- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Wilmington/Los Angeles Harbor, CA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 89,995
This custom steel schooner is truly a go anywhere vessel. She was reportedly constructed in Florida to the Herreshoff 63 design and shipped to the West Coast to be finished by a previous owner. Unfortunately his dream of sailing the world never came about, and he had to sell.
The current owner has mostly restored her to her original condition. She still needs some interior cosmetics, and the sole is a little warped in one area due to earlier water damage from the head.She comes equipped with a water-maker, a full suite of tanbark sails, a 120 hp Ford Lehman diesel with only 125 hours plus 2 full tanks of diesel.
The seller has just dramatically reduced the price - to $89,995 - to encourage a speedy sale!
Ready to cruise the world? This could be for you.
Call for an appointment and take a look for yourself.
For more information and your appointment to view please contact Listing Broker Helen Kaz Mobile: 310-254-4081 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 70 ft 0 in
Beam: 14 ft 7 in
Length on Deck: 63 ft 0 in
Minimum Draft: 7 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 0 in
Total Power: 120 HP
Engine Brand: Ford Lehman
Year Built: 1998
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 125
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 120 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (1000 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (1000 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 2
Number of double berths: 2
Number of heads: 1
Enter via center cockpit companionway to the salon, and there is a large U-shaped dining table to port with ultrasuede upholstered seating that can accommodate 8-10 people to eat or relax and watch TV, which is across to starboard. The nav station is adjacent to the aft walkthrough with the entertainment center, a desk type locker and two in counter/cabinetry Engel refrigerator/freezers to starboard as we move forward.
From the salon and moving forward, galley is down and to port, followed by the guest cabin with double berth. Across to starboard is another Engel ref/freezer, counter space and storage. The enclosed head compartment follows to port, and comprises a vacuuflush marine toilet, vanity with washbasin and separate shower stall.
Crew quarters with two bunk beds follow forward to port, with shelving storage to starboard, and the forecastle in the bow houses more shelving and the anchor locker.
Back to the salon we head aft through the walkthrough to starboard, which leads to the aft (master) cabin, with an island double berth, built in drawers and hanging lockers. There is an ensuite head compartment to starboard that needs to be plumbed for the marine toilet - a brand new head is ready to be installed - and there is already a small vanity with washbasin. The engine room is accessed from the walkthrough, which is very spacious with shelving around.
The steel hull is insulated throughout with foam and cedar planking. Cabinetry is finished well in blond wood, and there is plenty of ventilation throughout via multiple overhead hatches and ports.
- 3 x Engel refrigerator/freezers set in cabinetry across from the galley
- Shipmate propane 3-burner stove with oven (needs oven regulator)
- Sharp microwave
- Toaster oven
- Corian counter tops
- Twin deep SS sinks
- 1000 gals (reported) of fuel between two built in tanks. A third tank is reported to be aft that is currently offline
- 1000 gals (reported) of potable water
- Holding tank, capacity N/K
- 4 x large solar panels mounted on cockpit bimini frame
- Kenyon inverter
- Battery charger
- 2 x group 27 (starter) batteries in engine room
- 6 x 6v house batteries
- 1 x group 27 forward, dedicated windlass battery
Electronics need upgrading.
- Raytheon 620 older GPS lcd chart plotter
- Simrad 28 autopilot (not connected)
- Galaxy compass
- Sea Scout interphase
Rig and Sails
- Aluminum painted deck stepped masts with spreaders fore and aft
- SS multi-stranded heavy duty standing rigging
- Aft main sail (tanbark)
- 2 x forward boom sails (tanbark)
- 2 x foresails, (1 x tanbark), hank on
- 2 x Enkes #36 primary winches
- 1 x Barlow #25 cockpit winch
- 2 x Barlow winches aft mast
- 12' Avon inflatable on dinghy davits
- 14' sailing dinghy with rig
- Powermate gasoline generator 5000w
- Village Marine SQ200 12v watermaker 6-8 GPH, reportedly rebuilt in 2003
- Muir Thor electric windlass
- Double bow rollers w/50kg and 20kg plough anchors, approx 150' chain plus rode
- SS stanchions and double life lines
- Bow sprit metal construction with teak walkway
- Center cockpit with bimini frame, some canvas and isinglass
- Spoked helm with pedestal mounted electronics
- Cockpit cushions
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.