- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Bay of Islands, New Zealand
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 545,000 Tax Not Paid (US$ 664,083)
Great looking Greg Elliot from Down Under, that has been substantially refitted 2009 and which is a successful campaigner on the long distance racing circuit as well as being perfect to cruise
For more information on this vessel, please contact Sue Grant at our Lymington office on the numbers below.
Please contact Sue Grant at +44 (0)1590 679222
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Dave Wade Boat Builders
Designer: Greg Elliot Boat Design
LOA: 67 ft 7 in
Beam: 15 ft 2 in
LWL: 55 ft 11 in
Length on Deck: 60 ft 8 in
Minimum Draft: 6 ft 11 in
Maximum Draft: 11 ft 10 in
Displacement: 12800 kgs
Total Power: 90 HP
Engine Brand: Nissan
Engine Model: LD28 Six Cylinder Marinised
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 90 HP
Number of single berths: 8
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 1
IRC Rating: 1.293 (2010).
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Glass sandwich Kahikatea and foam cores with kevlar and carbon reinforcing.
- Composite engineering by High Modulus.
- Total repaint inside and out (2009).
Keel & Rudder:
- Composite spade rudder with carbon fibre rudder stock.
- Hydraulically actuated lifting keel with four ton lead bulb.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Nissan LD28 six cylinder marinised diesel 90hp
- Hurth 2.75:1 ratio forward and reverse gearbox.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Cruising Speed: 8 knots.
- Maximum Speed: 9 knots.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Seahawk Seastream stainless steel three bladed feathering propeller.
- 2 x Whitlock helm stations with stainless steel wheels.
- Dual quadrants with independent cabling to each wheel.
- Hydraulic ram for autopilot.
- BEP switchboard including charge instrument.
- Lifeline AGM 510amp hours house batteries.
- Hella start battery.
- Balmar smart charger/regulator.
- 120amp Alternator (for house batteries).
- 60amp Alternator (for start battery).
- Upgraded batteries, charge system and electronics (2009).
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Jabsco fresh water pressure system with pressure accumulator.
- Water heated via heat exchanger off the main engine with a storage cylinder.
- 12v Pur 40 watermaker.
- 3 x Electric bilge pumps.
- 2 x Manual bilge pumps.
Grey & Black Water:
- Black water holding tank with overboard discharge via diaphragm pump.
- Grey water discharges overboard from sinks and via sump pump for shower.
- Additional Tankage fitted (2009).
- Total capacity of 300 litres in 1 x tank.
- Provision to change stainless steel water tank to an additional 300 litre fuel tank.
- Total capacity of 900 litres in 3 x tanks (2 x plywood/resin construction, 1 x stainless steel).
- Raymarine C120 navigation station (Seatalk integrated with instruments).
- Raymarine 7” chart plotter (separate cockpit mounted with own GPS).
- Raymarine 7” fishfinder depth sounder (separate cockpit mounted with own transducer).
- 2 x Raymarine wind speed/direction.
- Raymarine depth and transducer.
- Raymarine speed log and transducer.
- Raymarine autopilot with hydraulic actuator (all new 2011).
- Raymarine fluxgate compass.
- 2 x Suunto steering compasses.
- EPIRB 406.
- Furuno SSB radio with weatherfax modem for laptop.
- VHF radio.
- Large bench.
- Dual sinks.
- Oven/grill/2-burner cooker.
- Lockers above and below bench.
- High performance engine driven freezer and refrigerator; stainless steel fridge and top loading freezer.
- Large hanging lockers.
- Jabsco W/C.
- Separate shower cubicle.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Ventilation via opening port holes and hatches.
- Pioneer stereo with CD changer.
- 12v Halogen lighting throughout.
Summary of Accommodation:
- Teak laid on cabin sole (2009).
Description of layout from forwards:
- Forward large double cabin with hanging locker and two shelf lockers, large under-bed storage, deck hatch.
- 2 x Aft large double cabins (with extra long berths); each with two shelf lockers and port holes.
- Large saloon seating and dining table, adjacent chart table and galley opposite.
- Large heads compartment with basin, vanity locker, under bench locker, separate shower cubicle and Jabsco W/C.
- Two separate berth bunks.
- Schooner rig with Fosters alloy masts and booms including sail catchers and lazyjacks.
- Harken batcars for mainsails.
- Stainless steel wire rigging with KZ Marine stainless turnbuckles.
- 6 x Spectra halyards (2011).
- Harken travelers for mainsails.
- Harken turning blocks and mainly black magic blocks.
- Profurl furler (2009) for use with old headsail or refit for new headsail.
- 7 x Harken winches.
- Upwind Sail Area: 172sqm.
- Doyle spectra reinforced polyester laminated radial cut performance cruising sails (new 2011) including:
- Main (fore), five full length battens, two reefs, area 66 square metres.
- Main (mizzen), five full battens, three reefs, area 55 square metres,
- Headsail, hanked, standard battens, area 51 square metres.
- Staysail, soft hanks, standard battens, area 19 square metres.
- Removable inner forestay and check-stays for stay sail.
- Additional Kevlar racing mizzen mainsail.
- Additional Kevlar racing headsail.
- Retired cruising Dacron main (fore), main (mizzen) and headsail.
- Open deck-space cockpit for sailing, watersports activities and entertaining.
- Under-floor storage lockers.
- Three side lockers in each side of cockpit coamings.
- Forward adjacent cockpit under spray dodger.
- Forepeak locker providing watertight compartment and storage for anchor rode.
- Deck-wash pump and hose.
- Stainless steel boarding ladder.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Simpson Lawrence rope/chain anchor capstan.
- CQR anchor, chain and warp.
- Spare anchor, chain and rode.
- 2 x Fenders.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Hard-top spray dodger installed (2009).
- 4 x Sunbrella sail covers (2011).
- RFD 8-man liferaft in bag.
- Man overboard life rings with 2 x lights (1 x with danbuoy in recessed stern tube).
- 15 x RFD 150 Newton offshore lifejackets.
- 4 x Parachute flares.
- 4 x Hand-held flares.
- 2 x Orange smoke daylight signaling.
- Man overboard retrieval throwing ring.
- Jack lines.
- Fire extinguishers.
- Deck-wash/fire hose.
ZINDABAR has cruised Northern New Zealand her whole life, as well as completing voyages to Tonga (twice), Vanuatu, New Caledonia and Fiji.
Although conceived as a performance cruiser, she has the pedigree to distinguish herself well in long distance races. She has sailed at least seven Auckland to Bay of Islands Coastal Classics, two Auckland Gold Cup Series and more recently, was one of sixteen finishers out of thirty seven starters in the Round North Island Two-Handed Yacht Race.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Berthon
60m Tall Ship
Cruising Northern Europe, United Kingdom
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Marina di Carrara, Italy